Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 01-18-2017, 01:30 PM   #41
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
Some Spectrum Noir pens. I had 5 50% off coupons (then used the online ones again) at Joann's and even though their price is super-inflated, the half-price is below the best price I found online for the six-packs.

The cashier today remembered me from yesterday. She said, "Back for more, eh!" and "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do!" We had a laugh.

Diane you will love, love , love your Spectrum Noir Markers!! I use them all the time.

Since Xmas I have treated myself to some new dies and few stamps from MFT, Stamping Bella, Taylored Expressions and Whipper Snapper. But I see Crafter's Companion has come out with newly released Spectrum Noir Illustration Markers. May have to look into those further................Mother's Day is coming right???????
Mary ~~ Proud Fan Club Member ~~ QFTD #152
CC Guest Design Team Member for October 2012 & August 2013 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 01-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #42
Kookie Creator

Got a new order in the mailbox yesterday of 5 different Honey Bee word stamp sets. Get to play today with them. I also ordered 250 storage pockets from MFT as I am demounting my wood mounted stamp sets. Need more space in my room and want to use them with my Misti!
PikkuLilla likes this post.
Unread 01-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #43
Proud Fan Club Member

I finally caved and got a stamp from Europe after looking at it over a year. I love the detailed shells.
Fish | Art Journey stamps | Art Journey

And a PSX magnolia stamp on ebay that was 20.

And the gerber daisy set from Uniko...also expensive but there was a deal.
Pure Florals: Gerbera Clear Stamp Set & Die Bundle - Uniko

I NEVER spend that kind of money on stamps!!
Unread 01-18-2017, 03:10 PM   #44
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavejumper View Post
I finally caved and got a stamp from Europe after looking at it over a year. I love the detailed shells.
Fish | Art Journey stamps | Art Journey

And a PSX magnolia stamp on ebay that was 20.

And the gerber daisy set from Uniko...also expensive but there was a deal.
Pure Florals: Gerbera Clear Stamp Set & Die Bundle - Uniko

I NEVER spend that kind of money on stamps!!
The fish and sea urchins are so detailed and beautiful, wavejumper. We used to see urchins when scuba diving. Little porcupines. : )

And I love gerber daisies! You are enabling me.
PikkuLilla and wavejumper like this post.
Unread 01-19-2017, 02:31 AM   #45
Inking Addict

I have tried not to order anything new until all the 2017 releases are ready to ship in late Feb/Mar. I have been watching the new product demos prior to CHA, being held in AZ this next week. I have a list started of things I would love to get in 2017. I must admit I received several supplies for Christmas that I am enjoying. My latest craze is watercolor painting; received some Arches paper blocks, DaVinci paints and Grumbacher brushes...honored to have received this quality of products to play with.
I am also purging supplies, feels good to re-organize and find things you did not know you had! I guess we are all creators of collecting with good intentions.

Eloise

Last edited by ejluyk; 01-19-2017 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: typing errors
bzzzeee likes this post.
Unread 01-19-2017, 03:47 AM   #46
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to lori92760

eloise,

where do you get to see the new products that will be releases?
Unread 01-19-2017, 04:05 AM   #47
Inking Addict

If you follow various blogs...Tim Holtz, Dina Wakley, Ranger, Sizzix, Prima, Idea-aology, Faber Castell, Dylusions...you will start to get release peaks this time of the year for all their products with demos, shipping dates, prior to the show (CHA in Phoenix this year). Penny Black, Altenew, Jennifer McGuire, My Favorite Things, ...they all have design teams that create items using the new manufactured products.

Eloise
Unread 01-19-2017, 05:11 AM   #48
Glitter Queen

I haven't splurged yet, but I will be buying the new Tim Holtz stamp positioning plate! It looks awesome . I love his stuff - he's a rock star!
One4Joy, Nawnee07, Chris Ice and 1 others like this post.
Unread 01-19-2017, 05:48 AM   #49
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboyd View Post
With coloring books I scan the image and reduce it if I want to use it on a card. I have a bunch of pencils, filled in the derwent water color pencils from Dick Blick and then got the Spectrum Noir ones, and I have 72 prisma color and it goes on and on. Inktense also.
This reminds me I need to figure out how to reduce and enlarge on my copier. I'm guessing that's a feature. I have tons of coloring books. Love them.
Unread 01-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #50
Pearl-ExPert

I haven't made the purchase yet, but I will be preordering all 12 colors of the new distress oxide inks. They look so neat in the video where Tim Holtz sneak peeks them!

Marco's does preorders for 20% off with free shipping if anyone else can't resist https://www.marcopaper.com/products....bruary-2017%29
Unread 01-22-2017, 02:30 AM   #51
Insane Embellisher

I AM going to indulge when it becomes available - the new Tim Holtz stamp positioner!
TeeGeeDee, pigtail1 and PikkuLilla like this post.
Unread 01-22-2017, 06:51 AM   #52
Matboard Maniac

Does anyone know if the Tim Holtz/Tonic stamping platform will be sold in Michael's or Joann's? Also, do you think all the bugs have been worked out before the release, or do you usually wait for the second generation of a new product before purchasing? I have a very limited budget for new supplies and don't want to make a mistake! It looks like a wonderful tool and much more in reach price-wise than the MISTI.
Unread 01-22-2017, 09:08 AM   #53
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuthere View Post
Full set of Infusions from PaperArtsy, Cosmic Shimmer gilding wax (12), Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powders (9), 20 sets of stamps from DarkRoom Door, BoBunny, and Holtz, 10 Inca Golds, and a few sets of PearlEx. The rest was all just cardstock, and ephemera + some cool chipboard from ScrapFX... BTW, why is all the good stuff from the UK and AU? LOL - Maybe I'm just missing something, but the really uique cuts and chipboards almost all had to be shipped in. I'm looking for steampunk and fantasy cuts, and it seems there are few options locally. Or I just haven't looked in the right places. lol

Now it's time to put this stuff to good use! Starting from scratch!

I agree! I'm always finding stuff I want from the UK. But I don't want to pay that shipping!!
Unread 01-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #54
Polyshrink Goddess

I just placed a $100 order (exactly $100!) with S.U. That's my splurge. I may pre-order Tim Holtz's stamping platform.
Brenda71 and jukie like this post.
Unread 04-02-2017, 02:07 PM   #55
Rubber Obsessor

$1500 worth of Ikea bookcases, desks and drawer units!!!

Teresa Hall
pepperann, Brenda71 and pigtail1 like this post.
Unread 04-02-2017, 03:19 PM   #56
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by thall View Post
$1500 worth of Ikea bookcases, desks and drawer units!!!
Wow! Sounds like you will have quite the stamping set up! Maybe you could share a pic when you get it all in place?
Unread 04-02-2017, 03:35 PM   #57
Die Cut Diva

I recently came back to stamping...so I won't tell you my SAB totals (did 2 orders so I could get goodies from the second release)...let's just say my "Dealer" uh I mean Demo was VERY happy...and I bought a mini MISTI
pepperann, Brenda71 and grateful2bsaved like this post.
Unread 04-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #58
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought a scan n cut and have used it twice in months. I am totally intimidated by it. It seemed like a good idea. I love to fussy cut a lot of things. Another toy gathering dust.
stamphappy1650 likes this post.
Unread 04-03-2017, 05:43 AM   #59
Polyshrink Goddess

I love my Scan N Cut...but I accept it on my terms. I wanted it so I could scan images, like stamped items, and it will cut it out. No more fussy cutting.

Here it is April and my birthday is arriving. I still want a Todo but I want it on sale.
Unread 04-03-2017, 09:09 AM   #60
Insane Embellisher

Default ?

what's a Todo? the verdict is still out for me on the scan and cut. next is a laser printer. my husband despises this hobby so a laser printer is hard to hide. I hid my big shot pro for months under papers and general crap!
jukie, jeannemlehrman, StamperDea and 3 others like this post.
Unread 04-03-2017, 02:22 PM   #61
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to diecuts4u
Default scan and cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycatbillybob View Post
I bought a scan n cut and have used it twice in months. I am totally intimidated by it. It seemed like a good idea. I love to fussy cut a lot of things. Another toy gathering dust.

I HAVE HAD MINE 2 WEEKS and love it doing a lot with it so many
possibilities.
Unread 04-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #62
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to diecuts4u
Default what is todo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lori92760 View Post
what's a Todo? the verdict is still out for me on the scan and cut. next is a laser printer. my husband despises this hobby so a laser printer is hard to hide. I hid my big shot pro for months under papers and general crap!

Todo is a cutter sold by Create and Craft! Lori you would absolutely
love the scan and cut......it is so amazing. I did not know you could scan your
stamped images into the machine and the machine cuts them out. I have been making shaped cards that I have designed my self, so easy, you just pick the shapes and weld them together. I have even added the persons name to the top front of the card, by picking the letters and welding them to the top of the card. The machine has lots of images alphabets, etc. to choose from in the library and you can save all your projects either in the machine or on a usb stick. I have learned from youtube videos and have a list of the ones that have taught me the most in a short time. It is so amazing that others take the time and effort to do videos for us newbies.
YOU CAN ALSO USE THE BUILT IN SCANNER for home use and scan and save important documents, or anything else you want to save on a usb stick. have a great creative day (no affiliation with scan and cut, just a happy happy new owner of one.)
Unread 04-03-2017, 06:58 PM   #63
Crimping Master

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohodiva View Post
I need to chill out on buying mediums for a while. Since Black Friday I've order: Viva inka gold paints (8 pots), Gelatos (2 sets), Brushos (12 pc set) and Colorbursts (6 pc set). I think I have enough new products to play with for awhile, a long while...
I still haven't used my Daler Rowney acrylic inks sets that I purchased earlier on... If I shared my indulgence with my dear mother I know she would call it a sin and a waste of money... Lol, but it makes me happy and its cheaper than therapy.
Hope you're still enjoying all your fun mediums. I have them, and have been playing with some creative ways to use them with my latest passion. About a year ago, due to a family illness, I was pulling away from stamping/card making, but enjoying the peace and relaxation of coloring. I got into adult coloring books big time, and enjoy my creative time while watching TV or listening to music. I even have the grandkids enjoying it and perfecting their drawing skills! I'm using those mediums for backgrounds on some of the pictures, along with chalks. You can water down the Inka Gold paints and apply them through stencils with a sponge, as is with your finger, same goes for Gelatos, stipple them with a brush, etc. There are lots of ways to get it on the background to add some lovely color, with as much or as little texture as you'd like. It's brought my "regular" coloring to a new level, with the background possibilities. And, it then becomes a sort of mixed media!!!!
Unread 04-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #64
Cardstock Collector

My newest indulgence has been Bullet Journal supplies. I found my local scrapbook store carries the long and skinny Tombo markers, so I bought several of those, and asked the Hubs for a Leuchtturm 1917 Bullet Journal for our anniversary (after all, leather is the modern gift for nine years ^_^ ).
pepperann and Soozie4Him like this post.
Unread 04-03-2017, 07:21 PM   #65
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

I splurged on SU products for SAB. Got several sets I'd been wanting. Also, there's an IKEA in my town, I got lucky one night and hit their Clearance area right when they were putting out several goodies. I got three good sized cabinets with barely any scuffing, and two small cubes (4 openings in each) for under $200!
fl_beachbum and PikkuLilla like this post.
Unread 04-04-2017, 05:26 AM   #66
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroartist View Post
It may be a lot easier to purge, if your purge is donated to a school or church or library or day care or community center...
I donate items on a regular basis. Nursing homes, shelters, schools... so many ways to share, bless and encourage others.

I was hesitant this time because much of what I was sorting through were supplies I had on hand due to being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. It has been difficult to give up holding classes since I really miss my regular attendees but I had to do it for health reasons. Donating these items meant fully accepting I won't be holding classes or events any time soon, if ever.

On the good side of making the switch - I now feel better about indulging in other company supplies I treated myself to a couple of stamp sets and ink spots yesterday. Amazing how a little square of color can bring so much joy! lol
Catherine773 and DianeinSparks like this post.
Unread 04-05-2017, 03:55 AM   #67
Gallery Gazer

I just bought the Marianne Designs Stamp Master a few days which is a stamp positioning tool. I already have a MISTI original which I love and use every time I make a card but trouble is, my teenage daughter is also a cardmaker and kept borrowing my MISTI to stamp with so we were constantly swapping it between ourselves which is really frustrating. Being in Australia, all the stamp positioning tools with the Aussie$ to US$ conversion rate makes them all super-expensive - so $25 for the Stamp Master with free postage from an Aussie online store seems like a very good alternative. Hasn't arrived in the mail yet but I will be interested to see how it goes
jukie, Maree F and PikkuLilla like this post.
Unread 04-09-2017, 02:38 PM   #68
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristy Tyra View Post
Mine would have to be colored pencils...I've had the 120 set of Prisma color pencils for several years, but hadn't used them a lot. Then I found out there were 30 more colors! So, I bought them and started in on the coloring fad. Then I decided I needed even more pencils. Sigh...where does it end?...lol
I hope you are using those pencils with gamsol or some other medium...that is the game changer

BLOG : The Papercraft Place

You Tube: kelley3684
Guest Designer for "Midnight Madness"
Unread 04-09-2017, 02:40 PM   #69
Crimping Master

Quote:
i have inktense ( blocks and pencils) derwent, and faber castell polychromos. and no time.
Join the club LOL

Ocean County Stamper and PikkuLilla like this post.
Unread 04-09-2017, 02:43 PM   #70
Crimping Master

Quote:
i have a sister who is starting stamping and i have been giving her things. all papers go to the church for the senior center or the kids ministry. sometimes goodwill, because how cool would it be to happen upon a few craft supplies for a quarter!
I like your ideas! I lack the ambition to sell my unwanted craft items and often feel bad for not trying to profit from them. Making someone's day at the thrift shop just took that guilt away

Unread 04-10-2017, 07:23 AM   #71
Polyshrink Goddess

A Todo does more than just die cuts. It has a heating plate thingy and all your dies then can FOIL. I have been slow on doing foiling. But this would make my dies (and I have a lot of them) more useful. Or that is my justification for buying it anyway.
Unread 04-10-2017, 07:52 AM   #72
Insane Embellisher

Planet43, I could never sell my stuff. The things I have bought thru SCS are impeccable. Only my SU are in the original packaging. And I can't get too jazzed if my stamps have some ink stains on them. My house is smoke free so thats a plus.

I just bought all the reinkers for my distress inks, some I have never used but the reinkers were 50% off at joanns, so that is my splurge.
Unread 04-10-2017, 12:17 PM   #73
Crimping Master

EEK! I'm doing the happy dance! I know I'm late, but I jumped on the Pan Pastel band wagon! These are awesome to play with and create! I'm having a blast making everything look so cool! What took me so long??????
Soozie4Him, TeeGeeDee and grateful2bsaved like this post.
Unread 04-17-2017, 03:27 PM   #74
Glitter Queen

My indulgence this weekend was the 12x12 MISTI and the Creative Corners. Can't wait until those come in. I have a project for scrapbooking that I need it for. Woo Hoo.
grateful2bsaved and Annecards like this post.
Unread 04-18-2017, 04:46 AM   #75
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Vintage Lover

I finally decided to join practically every stamper on this site and...I ordered a MISTI!! They were having a sale over the weekend and I figured it was time I also got the new corners, too. I just checked the tracking....says it should be here tomorrow!! Yippee!
grateful2bsaved, Annecards and southgirl like this post.
Unread 04-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #76
Polyshrink Goddess

Peeps I really think you will be very happy with your MISTI

I have 2 indulgences to "confess". I have been stamping for a long time and and quit. Sold or gave away almost all my wood mounted stamps. Then I found the MISTI and got back into it. I have a Stampin Up friend and have bought a few stamps from her. I am now into ink pads... They are so smooth and they have reinkers that seem practical to me. I also saw a video on silicone molds for cake icing that makes lace and they used caulking (like the kind you put around a tub) to make the lace. It works really well. I have tried Paper clay and Fimo clay but they warp. This caulking doesn't.
peeps321 likes this post.
Unread 04-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #77
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps321 View Post
I finally decided to join practically every stamper on this site and...I ordered a MISTI!! They were having a sale over the weekend and I figured it was time I also got the new corners, too. I just checked the tracking....says it should be here tomorrow!! Yippee!
You're so lucky. Mine hasn't even left the state of origin. I don't think I'm going to get it by this weekend.

In these days of instant gratification, I'm very impatient. LOL
peeps321, PikkuLilla and Annecards like this post.
Unread 04-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #78
Kookie Creator

You WILL LOVE the Misti. Congrats on getting it. I have been thinking about the corners but haven't jumped in as yet. Thanks for teasing me into thinking about them. You enabler you. LOL
peeps321 and southgirl like this post.
Unread 04-19-2017, 04:35 AM   #79
Polyshrink Goddess

It occurred to me to show the silicon mold lace picture. dscf0232.jpg
StamperDea, Annecards and sophiejolly like this post.
Unread 04-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #80
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF409 View Post
You WILL LOVE the Misti. Congrats on getting it. I have been thinking about the corners but haven't jumped in as yet. Thanks for teasing me into thinking about them. You enabler you. LOL
OOOH....It came today! I didn't realize it was 2 day shipping. So excited. Now I HAVE to clean my table so I can play. But first, I want to watch those videos on how to use my Createve Corners.
grateful2bsaved and southgirl like this post.