Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Cool Tools do you love?

What are your beyond the basics, must have tools? I mean the ones that you never thought you needed it until you got them. The unique awesome ones that someone with a decent stash of tools and supplies might not yet have discovered.

I'm starting to want to upgrade tools with ones that are so much better it is worth it. For example I'm about to buy a teflon bone folder because I always get the shiny marks and I can't use the sheet of copy paper trick - I need to see what I'm scoring.

I have been paper crafting for about 2 and a half years and I can make a lot of the things I see here from my stash. I have a Big Shot and a reasonable selection of dies, a guillotine paper cutter and Fiskars wire trimmer, small and large scoring boards, envelope punch board, lots of different adhesives (I mean lots!). I have a lot of Stampin Up stuff, but I am eclectic. And I'm about to get an e-cutter.

Enable me all you tool addicts!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Corner rounders from We R Memory Keepers Crop-o-dial. I use the 1/2"-1/4" one and the scallop/cloud one all the time. Love them because you can chomp the corners of a stack of 4 sheets of cardstock at one time. Marvy Squishy scissors because they don't hurt your fingers if you are cutting a long time. A craft sheet to protect my table if I'm getting messy with inks and sprays. A battery operated portable OTT light.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

I used to be a tool junkie. It seems I had all the latest holy grail and then I found that I only used a set of basic good quality tools. I got rid of all the junk and I don't miss them.

One of my favorite things are sponge daubers and the dauber cases and my WRMK Big Bite - I love having the longer reach than that of a Crop-o-dial.

Its funny to me that as I look at my well stocked room I don't have a lot of gadgets. I guess I am a recovered tool junkie. Yea!

Also, a Teflon pot scrubber (you know the Papered Chef kind) works just as well as a bone folder and they are less expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

-We R Memory Keepers corner rounders
-Fiskars 10'' Amplify Mixed Media Shears
-KellyCraft Get-It-Straight Laser Square and Multi-Mat
-Genesis Trimmer w/edgelight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2014, 07:41 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am laughing, because even with my short tenure as a paper crafter - I have a lot of these! (And I agree that they are awesome!) And it is reminding me of some great gift ideas for some fellow stamping friends who have "everything" but perhaps not some of these.

Stamphappy1650 - I just looked up those pot scrapers and thought, "hmmm, I have something lying around in my cr*p drawer that is sort of shaped like that - I wonder if that would work?" Lo and behold, I tracked down the little nylon Stampin Up Deco vinyl applicator tool that came in my business kit. It works! And no sheen! You are a genius!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 04:05 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As I look at both of my spin caddies full of tools I'm thinking about which ones I reach for time and again...
1. We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper-I only have the 1/4 and 1/2 size but I use it constantly!
2. Mrs. Grossman's tweezers...I was smart enough to buy two of these before they disappeared from the scene. I can't create without these little gems!
3. T square C Thru rulers...I have four of them-LOVE!
4. Basic Grey distress set-it's files in different sizes and widths. I don't distress the edges as much as I use them to get rid of various edge issues after die cutting.
5. A tool I use for smoothing my card creases that was originally for rub ons...use that all the time (and no shiny streaks!)
6. Kelly Craft Get it Straight Laser Square and mat. This thing never leaves my desk. It is padded, magnetic, gridded, and has a laser beam. My most indispensable tool!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run from the expensive....Cricut
to the cheap....pointy qtips (found in the makeup area of Albertsons grocery store) for carefully wiping up extra glue.

I just ordered the Craftwell Ebosser as I want to cut larger cards (flip cards) and my old Sizzix Big Kicks is a little too small and emboss larger areas. Anyone have this? Do you like it? And the burning question is....Should I get rid of my Big Kicks?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 08:38 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Another vote here for the Corner Chomper! I'd had corner rounder punches before, but they never ever gave a nice clean cut. As one of the other posters says, you can do 3 or 4 sheets of card at a time with this- its ace. I don't always go for a 'craft name' product though- our Poundstore, equivalent to your dollar stores, gave me a craft sheet- non stick baking sheet, sanding block- DIY section, shaving brushes- colour duster brushes,cocktail sticks and Q-tips, same as southgirl, bags of make-up sponges for inking and so on and so on.
Also agree with soft-grip scissors, teflon or Titanium are best for being non stick.
Could not work without my Stamp Positioner.
Metal edged Ruler( Tim), and scalpels. The blades are them are easy to get, sharp and very cheap- unlike most 'craft' knives!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Corner Chomper! Have just their basic one, my SU one didn't cut a clean corner and couldn't cut heavier paper, etc.

Scor Pal and mat. I use them as a work surface and score every card with it. I just slide the mat towards me to score. I also keep a cut to fit piece of the SU grid paper under the mat when I need it.

Tim Holtz ruler. It's great for centering and the metal edge for cutting with a craft knife. I ruined a couple of other plastic rulers before I got his!

My old 6 inch see thru quilt ruler for basic measurements.

When I started card-making 5 years ago I was using sewing tools that I already had. Quickly found out I needed more specific ones; a good pair of shears for paper cutting, tweezers, adhesives, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Definitely my stamp-a-ma-jig; once I started really using it I found out how much nicer my stamping looks when it's straight. My mom likes it but for a different reason: it steadies her hand while stamping -- since you butt the block up to the corner of the positioner, you use more of a straight up and down motion as opposed to rocking/wobbling and picking up stray ink from the rubber edges.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2014, 12:14 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 345 Likes on 133 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirlView Post
I just ordered the Craftwell Ebosser as I want to cut larger cards (flip cards) and my old Sizzix Big Kicks is a little too small and emboss larger areas. Anyone have this? Do you like it? And the burning question is....Should I get rid of my Big Kicks?
I have the Ebosser and a Big Shot. Although the Ebosser is indespensible for cutting and embossing larger cards, I find I still use the Big Shot far more, mostly because it's a lot quicker to cut a small die cut with the Big Shot than to wait for the whole A4 sized sandwich to move through the Ebosser.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2014, 04:24 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile

My Perfect Layers tools are indispensable in my cardmaking and I use them on every card as it makes my layers perfectly even which I love I really don't know how I crafted before them LOL!

My centre ruler made by Stamp-It Australia - which was quite a recent purchase - is also fantastic. If you don't know what it is, it is a plastic 12 inch ruler with a zero in the centre and then the measurements either side of the centre so it looks like this:

6....5....4....3....2....1....0....1....2....3.... 4....5....6

It is fantastic for centering a sentiment panel or a ribbon bow on a card - really anything. It only cost me $3.95 and it's the BEST thing

And my husband gave me a pair of tweezers that he bought from the hardware store that are springed so they hold the tips closed which holds your item tightly in place without needing to keep constant pressure on the handles - GREAT for my arthritic hands! I use them for many things including holding something that I am using my heat-gun on so I don't burn my hands or fingers. It only cost him a couple of dollars.

My Bow Easy is another great product which I use all the time for tying neat bows. And my Fiskars Stamp Press for unmounted or cling stamps. I always get a better impression using it rather than just an acrylic block.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #13  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,122 Likes on 505 Posts

I love my reverse tweezers too - I have a pair that close really tightly with a flat grip - they're great for holding bows or buttons on until the glue dries.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2014, 03:28 AM   #14  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenTView Post
Definitely my stamp-a-ma-jig; once I started really using it I found out how much nicer my stamping looks when it's straight. My mom likes it but for a different reason: it steadies her hand while stamping -- since you butt the block up to the corner of the positioner, you use more of a straight up and down motion as opposed to rocking/wobbling and picking up stray ink from the rubber edges.
Seconding the stamp-a-ma-jig. I was given mine as a gift and would never have bought it myself at that stage - I just didn't get the point.

Now of course I am aware of how indispensable it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenTView Post
When I first saw this thread, the SAMJ was the first thing I thought of. I actually use it often enough in my classes that I now have two. I love it and probably 50% of my SU! customers love it too. Some of them think it's just a bother and don't care if their stamping is crooked.

My 2nd item may seem silly but is my SU! Grid Paper. It's $10.95 with 100 sheets and even as a demo who uses it for classes, workshops, etc, my first pad lasted me 4 years. I use the built in centering ruler to center things, flip half of it over the background stamp and rub to stamp it, use it to line a strip of paper up straight across my card, and of course use the built in ruler to measure things..

Adhesive eraser is another one. Possibly one of the least expensive things SU! sells but one of my most used. My adhesive of choice is multipurpose liquid glue and though lots of use means I rarely get glue squishing out from between my layers now, this is a super handy tool to have.

I also could not craft without my Big Shot and punches. I don't think I've made a card in years that doesn't use one or the other.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #16  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

One of my favourite "tools" is not available in any shop. My brother built it for me out of some leftover wood scraps. He made me a 6x6" box, with a 1" lip. Any time I want to heat emboss, I pop the piece of paper in there, and turn on the heat gun. No scorch marks on furniture, carpets or any other household item and no burnt fingers for me!
That said, if I was doing it again, I'd ask for an 8x8 one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
One of my favourite "tools" is not available in any shop. My brother built it for me out of some leftover wood scraps. He made me a 6x6" box, with a 1" lip. Any time I want to heat emboss, I pop the piece of paper in there, and turn on the heat gun. No scorch marks on furniture, carpets or any other household item and no burnt fingers for me!
That said, if I was doing it again, I'd ask for an 8x8 one.
What a wonderful brother!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 01:16 PM   #18  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I actually surprised myself when I found out how much I love my Zutter Distrezz-it-All.

This is definitely one of those tools that people seem to love or hate LOL.

I use it to give the edges of my cardstock a soft, fabric look and I think the effect is beautiful. Often times I will use my Martha Stewart mini scoreboard and create either an embossed or debossed border right inside all 4 frayed edges which I think adds a little formality and definition.

So fast and easy to use, too. And you can control the degree of the distress/fraying.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #19  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInklandView Post
I actually surprised myself when I found out how much I love my Zutter Distrezz-it-All.

I use it to give the edges of my cardstock a soft, fabric look and I think the effect is beautiful. Often times I will use my Martha Stewart mini scoreboard and create either an embossed or debossed border right inside all 4 frayed edges which I think adds a little formality and definition.

So fast and easy to use, too. And you can control the degree of the distress/fraying.
Just looked at a video. This does look great. Can I ask how much you paid for it?

Thanks
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 01:58 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

I sooooo want a Distrezz It All but can't afford it right now!!! I will keep using my scissors and nails but someday I will have one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 02:08 PM   #21  

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Just looked at a video. This does look great. Can I ask how much you paid for it?

Thanks
Shirl
I bought it years ago and I honestly have no idea how much I paid. I cannot even remember where I bought it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #22  

Dee,

Here are some prices from Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_6ge7l9iel2_e

And you might want to set up a search on eBay that sends you notifications when one is listed. I have gotten some really good deals on eBay that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #23  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

I just bought the two tag punches from SU and love them! They make cutting tags so easy! I also love my envelope punch board and my clear star Sakura gelly roll pen! Works great to Add just a touch of sparkle to anything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Dee,

Here are some prices from Amazon.com:
Amazon.com: distrezz it all

And you might want to set up a search on eBay that sends you notifications when one is listed. I have gotten some really good deals on eBay that way.
Thanks, that is quite spendy!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 12:02 AM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

Received 104 Likes on 55 Posts

I haven't read all the posts, but one of the tools I use the most is the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.
I also like the spritzer tool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 02:19 AM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi SouthGirl and all others,
I love my eBosser. I also have a Big Kick which is good because of the magnetic platform. But the eBosser takes 8.5x11" paper and there is no cranking. It makes lovely deep embossing and cuts thin dies like a dream. It also takes the thick Sizzix dies. Just put in the sandwich and it goes right through. I do not find it takes longer than cranking the Big Kick. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 04:59 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

I agree with StampHappy. The longer you craft, the more you develop a style and you stop using a lot of tools you thought you just had to have. But then, once you know yourself then I think you should keep your eyes out for when they upgrade tools that might really help you create. I am shedding a lot of tools like my Crop-O-Dile, that I never use. But I plan to pick up the new 9" Tonic scissors and one of those laser light rulers. It's okay to upgrade if you will really use the item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 AM   #28  
Glitter Queen

Default Ebosser ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vestamcView Post
Hi SouthGirl and all others,
I love my eBosser. I also have a Big Kick which is good because of the magnetic platform. But the eBosser takes 8.5x11" paper and there is no cranking. It makes lovely deep embossing and cuts thin dies like a dream. It also takes the thick Sizzix dies. Just put in the sandwich and it goes right through. I do not find it takes longer than cranking the Big Kick. I love it!
Hi Vestamc:
I also have an Ebosser and a Grand Calibur. Sadly the GC wont take the thick Sizzix dies which the Ebosser will, however, I purchased the magnetic platform and NOW see that its not compatible. I contacted Craftwell and they said they havent tested the sandwich yet but a crafter might have before them. I sent a question to Dina K. here but didnt get a response. I was wondering if you might have tried it in the Ebosser. I know there are other plates for the Big Kick and Big Shot which are thinner and can be used but Im not familiar with any of them. One person I came across said she used it in the Ebosser but we got knocked out of the Spreecast we were in and I couldnt get back to her to ask what the sandwich was she used. I understand as long as the thickness is the same as the normal plates for the opening it will work. Im hoping you or someone else here with the Ebosser might know. Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 05:56 AM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by karjorView Post
What are your beyond the basics, must have tools? I mean the ones that you never thought you needed it until you got them. The unique awesome ones that someone with a decent stash of tools and supplies might not yet have discovered.

I'm starting to want to upgrade tools with ones that are so much better it is worth it. For example I'm about to buy a teflon bone folder because I always get the shiny marks and I can't use the sheet of copy paper trick - I need to see what I'm scoring.

I have been paper crafting for about 2 and a half years and I can make a lot of the things I see here from my stash. I have a Big Shot and a reasonable selection of dies, a guillotine paper cutter and Fiskars wire trimmer, small and large scoring boards, envelope punch board, lots of different adhesives (I mean lots!). I have a lot of Stampin Up stuff, but I am eclectic. And I'm about to get an e-cutter.

Enable me all you tool addicts!
Get a Silhouette Cameo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 06:07 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I love my Cutter Bee scissors! Great fine tips for everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

Vestamc thanks...I am glad I have it. I will keep my Big Kick but I can see that it will be the machine I use.

Emariel...I have not bought magnetic pad. I know very little about it. I have thought I might need it in future. If you find out anything let me know?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 07:34 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My favorite "tool" is a 10 x 10" ceramic tile I use for my heat embossing.
Have been using it for years andI'll never do without it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #33  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I now bring a pad with me to read the weekly SCS because I ALWAYS have to take notes about something or the other-and this is the perfect example! I just wrote down several things to check out

From an "advanced" POV...which can be subjective...What is advanced to me might be very basic to other people being a beginner. Also there is a difference between what I use daily and upgrades that I might use less often-but enough to have it.

I might look at advanced use of stuff I already have which may require I get more supplies.

For example: Upgrading stencil use assuming dry emboss is beginner level-
1) pastes..give you dimension and you can put clear glitter on it for a pow
2) heat embossing-like if you use a grid, it makes the image look like raised tile-very cool
3) double sided adhesive paper for doing glitter with stencils.
So that would pastes, DS adhesive paper, glitter and a heat gun if you dont have it already. I am assuming you have a light box and selection of embossing tools. I am sure there are more things to do with them too.

I use my Big shot all the time. Sometimes I think about an electric version to save on my wrists...I may do that down the road when I get older.

I just got a much larger gridded self healing cutting mat for my desk at my local art store. It was only $20 to start for 24 x 36 and I had 40% coupon so I was a happy puppy b/c it feels like usually every thing is 70 bucks or more. I started with a small one which will now stay in my travel bag.

I use the stamp a ma jig too...my one issue is that some rubber is not on the wood block straight so the tool isnt going to help with that. I should take the rubber off and re-position it. I gave up on the index (picture on back) being truly aligned with the rubber a long ago and the tool does help with that.

I am in need of a very good quality guillotine-that's my next upgrade...I hope someone can tell me a brand..this is something I am willing to pay money for since I use it all the time. My purple cows-the guide was never very stable though it was a good price. I could kick myself for getting rid of my mothers heavy duty metal one now years ago before I started stamping. ugh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #34  
Glitter Queen

Default Question was for Vestamc or anyone who knows!

Quote:

Originally Posted by southgirlView Post
Vestamc thanks...I am glad I have it. I will keep my Big Kick but I can see that it will be the machine I use.

Emariel...I have not bought magnetic pad. I know very little about it. I have thought I might need it in future. If you find out anything let me know?
Hi Southgirl: My comment was for Vestamc when she said "I also have a Big Kick which is good because of the magnetic platform."

Im hoping someone might know here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #35  
Insane Embellisher

I thought my stamp-a-ma-jig was a waste of money until I started using it. Also, I discovered that a simple seam ripper or thread trimmer works just fine for distressing paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
As I look at both of my spin caddies full of tools I'm thinking about which ones I reach for time and again...
1. We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper-I only have the 1/4 and 1/2 size but I use it constantly!
2. Mrs. Grossman's tweezers...I was smart enough to buy two of these before they disappeared from the scene. I can't create without these little gems!
3. T square C Thru rulers...I have four of them-LOVE!
4. Basic Grey distress set-it's files in different sizes and widths. I don't distress the edges as much as I use them to get rid of various edge issues after die cutting.
5. A tool I use for smoothing my card creases that was originally for rub ons...use that all the time (and no shiny streaks!)
6. Kelly Craft Get it Straight Laser Square and mat. This thing never leaves my desk. It is padded, magnetic, gridded, and has a laser beam. My most indispensable tool!!
EXACTLY! LOVE MRS. GROSSMAN'S TWEEZERS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #37  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,912 Likes on 2,181 Posts

It doesn't matter if your rubber is on the wood block straight or not. The stampamajig still works! You just turn your image sheet so that it's straight on the card where you want to stamp it. That's why its such a good tool. And I forgot about my mat! I bought a 17x24" mat in the sewing department and its laying on my craft table. I bought it mainly to protect the surface of the table but I don't know how many times I've used the measurements to help with a project
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #38  
Die Cut Diva

Received 934 Likes on 855 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberLady603View Post
I sooooo want a Distrezz It All but can't afford it right now!!! I will keep using my scissors and nails but someday I will have one!
I dont know alot about the Distrezz It All but it seems alittle excessive for card making, Wouldn't just one of those little hand held things (I think it's called a cutter bee distress tool) work just as well? Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOBBYSUEView Post
I dont know alot about the Distrezz It All but it seems alittle excessive for card making, Wouldn't just one of those little hand held things (I think it's called a cutter bee distress tool) work just as well? Just a thought.
OP here, again laughing at how many of these tools I have, including this one. If you like the distressed edge look, this can't be beat for speed and consistency. I don't use it as much I should, but when I do, I'm happy to have it. I have the handheld one and can't ever get it to look as nice. I'm not skilled.

And isn't that the truth about all these cool tools? If you are patient and skilled, you can duplicate the effects of most of them, but the cool tools make it so fast and easy! (I'm thinking of my envelope punch board as I type!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmarielView Post
Hi Southgirl: My comment was for Vestamc when she said "I also have a Big Kick which is good because of the magnetic platform."

Im hoping someone might know here!!
And I also have the SU (Sizzix) magnetic platform for the Bigshot. It is great!! If you are die cutting a stamped image, or anything where you are trying to line up the dies precisely, it holds beautifully. You can nudge it a bit and it stays where you nudge. I know blue tape or post its work, but again - so much faster and easier with the specialized tool.
Reply With Quote Likes