Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2011, 09:30 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What combination of Copics do you use often?

This is for fun....not trying to come up with what I'm going to buy....this is what group of colors resonate with you. Give us 1 or 2 groups.

If you have a "marker group" photo in the gallery or on you blog or a link to someone elses blog....please share!

This combination of markers from Nichol's blog just knock my socks off:
nichol magouirk: Halloween/Fall Tutorial Event Day 4: Thankful Projects

It is not the cornucopia she colored, it is the combination of the Copic markers bunched together.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 08:46 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Here is another one of my favorite combination of Copic colors.

I'm might not create the card in this blog, but the colors make me want to create all kinds of things. I love the reds/browns together.

Copic Creations Challenge – Let it Snow!

Both Nichol's and Linda's grouping of colors have influenced the Copics I have chosen.

Don't let this be a one man show!! Help me out here and share your favorite bunches of colors. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Ah, thebiscuitscraps - Thanks for the sweet shoutout!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow, this is exactly what I needed to see and didn't even think to ask for it!

I am a newbie to Copics and have discovered that I have NO IDEA what color of markers to collect just for basic things like coloring a tree (leaves, branches and tree trunks). Colors I thought would work are just way too dark to start with and I don't have a nice combo of light & medium tones to do the shading. Yes, I feel totally out of my element with Copics. :oops: I find myself pulling out the watercolors to finish a project just because I don't have markers that are even kind of what I need.

I am desperately in need of favorite simple Copic combos for commonly colored images like trees and flowers and such. Please take pity on me and share your go-to colors. Yes, I'm begging! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 06:17 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Go to Colors. I tend to gravitate to the 2x series. So R2x, G2x, etc...

I have started more lately to try to mix across colors... So YG2x with the G2x.

One of my favorite combination's is using the YG1x series with the G1x series with the V1x series. Purple and Green together just looks wonderful to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 06:23 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
Wow, this is exactly what I needed to see and didn't even think to ask for it!

I am a newbie to Copics and have discovered that I have NO IDEA what color of markers to collect just for basic things like coloring a tree (leaves, branches and tree trunks). Colors I thought would work are just way too dark to start with and I don't have a nice combo of light & medium tones to do the shading. Yes, I feel totally out of my element with Copics. :oops: I find myself pulling out the watercolors to finish a project just because I don't have markers that are even kind of what I need.

I am desperately in need of favorite simple Copic combos for commonly colored images like trees and flowers and such. Please take pity on me and share your go-to colors. Yes, I'm begging! ;)

Leaves - G21, 24, 28 or if you gravitate toward more olive shades go for G40, 82, 85.

Browns - I think the E3x series is the most versatile for a brown. The E2x doesn't quite have the lighter color to blend easily (YET - soon the E23 and it might be different).

Flowers - Again - my go to reds are the R22, 24, 29. My favorite pinks are not in the RV series, but also the R series - R81, 83, 85, 89. Yellows Y21, 23, 26
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lainy67View Post
Leaves - G21, 24, 28 or if you gravitate toward more olive shades go for G40, 82, 85.

Browns - I think the E3x series is the most versatile for a brown. The E2x doesn't quite have the lighter color to blend easily (YET - soon the E23 and it might be different).

Flowers - Again - my go to reds are the R22, 24, 29. My favorite pinks are not in the RV series, but also the R series - R81, 83, 85, 89. Yellows Y21, 23, 26
Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the time to write out your favorite colors for me. This is a HUGE help and I appreciate it! (And I'm delighted that you included your favorite pinks -- I discovered the 2 that I bought in the RV series weren't what I was hoping they would be.)

Now I need to figure out what you meant by the "2x" series and the "3Ex" series are so I follow your lead there, as well. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Now I need to figure out what you meant by the "2x" series and the "3Ex" series are so I follow your lead there, as well.
The first number in the series R22 is how vibrant the color is. So a R2x is more vibrant than an R8x. Another way to look at it is how much grey is in it. The higher the first number, the more grey is in it. B0x series has the least amount of grey tones, while B9x has the most.

The second number in the series R22 is how light or dark the marker is within that vibrancy or saturation range. So R22 is much lighter than R29.

I am lazy , so when I list my colors that I colored with, if I use all or almost all of the colors within one series I will say I used the R2X series instead of R22, 24, 27, 29.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 AM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lainy67View Post
The first number in the series R22 is how vibrant the color is. So a R2x is more vibrant than an R8x. Another way to look at it is how much grey is in it. The higher the first number, the more grey is in it. B0x series has the least amount of grey tones, while B9x has the most.

The second number in the series R22 is how light or dark the marker is within that vibrancy or saturation range. So R22 is much lighter than R29.

I am lazy , so when I list my colors that I colored with, if I use all or almost all of the colors within one series I will say I used the R2X series instead of R22, 24, 27, 29.
Thanks for breaking the code for me! :cool: I had no idea that the numbers after the letter indicated what you just explained. It actually made sense to me, which is rather encouraging! I'll probably be back with more questions after I have had time to study the color charts with this new info.

I feel a bit like the kid in the Christmas movie where he was huddled in the bathroom breaking the code of a message using the special Ovaltine code ring that he had saved boxtops to get...when he finally broke the code it read, "Eat more Ovaltine!" ;) :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:07 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post

I feel a bit like the kid in the Christmas movie where he was huddled in the bathroom breaking the code of a message using the special Ovaltine code ring that he had saved boxtops to get...when he finally broke the code it read, "Eat more Ovaltine!" ;) :p
So....does that mean the broken Copic code is "BUY MORE COPICS"? :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:28 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebiscuitscrapsView Post
So....does that mean the broken Copic code is "BUY MORE COPICS"? :mrgreen:
Yes! :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes