Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default We R Memory Keepers punch boards

Has anybody tried the pillow box, gift bag and gift box punch boards by We R Memory Keepers? I am very intrigued by these!! I understand that you can use the plain score boards to make these things, but no doubt, these would make the job easier and faster. Not only that, but somebody has already done the thinking part for me!!
Thanks,
Lauri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used the gift box punch board to make a custom box for a gift I made my grand niece. Used 12' x 12' DSP. I also used the envelope punch board to make a double loop bow from coordinating DSP to go on top.

I have been making odd sized cards lately so the envelope punch board has come in real handy.

As you said, the hard work (measurements and score lines) has been done for you.

I have seen these punch boards at the big box stores so with a coupon, they are very reasonable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the pillow box board and the gift box board, and I like both of them. The gift box board is definitely easier to use for gift boxes than the envelope board and it's really nice to have the punch that makes the closure for you. As far as I know, you can't use any of the other boards to make a pillow box, because of the curved score that you need. One thing to keep in mind with the pillow box punch, though - it really only makes one size. You can adjust it to be longer or shorter, but the width is always the same - it's limited to the size of the rounded parts, and there's really no way to make those bigger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 03:10 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I have the envelope, box, and bag boards. I really like the first 2, and I'm actually getting the third one for Mother's Day. My mother has one, but she's having a hard time with it. She's 86, though, and sometimes has a hard time with directions. When I get mine, we'll "play" together and see if we can figure it out. I think I know what she's doing wrong. Watching the videos on YouTube definitely helps - especially the ones from HSN that have the inventor, Andrew Hiller, demonstrating the boards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 03:37 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently demoed the boards at an Heirloom Pro show and loved them all. The bag board can make wine bags and wider bags. Highly recommend going on youtube for learning all that can be done with them.Even the envie board can make boxes and other stuff. You may want to set up a pinterest board to store all the tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wine bags? I wish I had known that. I have the envelope and box boards at the moment. A wine bag maker would be sweet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2014, 06:13 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all of your advise and suggestion, ladies!!
Lauri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the envelope and gift box boards and love them both.

This link is invaluable for the envelope board - a envelope and box calculator
http://www.thecraftyowl.co.uk/boxbuster/ - Make box height 0 if you want an envelope - just note that the measurements are box size, not card size. And that you enter whole inches and fractions of inches separately.

And I made a little extension ruler for my box board so I can use it for larger envelopes and boxes CCREW0314CF Envelope Punch Board Extension Ruler by karjor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love the extension arm on the gift box bag for longer scores, so I also made an extension ruler for that one with measurements, so i can use it for envelopes and measured boxes (it only comes with S, M, L XL measurements)
[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachments/demo-business-talk-f27/290234d1393532655-photo-2.jpg[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Hi I'm just chiming in. I've been looking for help about the best paper to use with the gift bag board.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapjannyView Post
I have the envelope, box, and bag boards. I really like the first 2, and I'm actually getting the third one for Mother's Day. My mother has one, but she's having a hard time with it. She's 86, though, and sometimes has a hard time with directions. When I get mine, we'll "play" together and see if we can figure it out. I think I know what she's doing wrong. Watching the videos on YouTube definitely helps - especially the ones from HSN that have the inventor, Andrew Hiller, demonstrating the boards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

I went on pinterest and youtube :mad:

How does everyone make them look so neat. I want to fold mine flat and can't. "sigh".........................

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diane LongView Post
I recently demoed the boards at an Heirloom Pro show and loved them all. The bag board can make wine bags and wider bags. Highly recommend going on youtube for learning all that can be done with them.Even the envie board can make boxes and other stuff. You may want to set up a pinterest board to store all the tutorials
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Okay! I'm venting a bit lol

I bought the board about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't going to get it but it was an amazing price at 10 bucks CAD. So I caved and got it. I have used it and tried to hard to follow instructions about the folding and what not that I got so frustrated my DH ran from the room..

I use Stampin' Up designer paper. I love them and I hoard them. I use it with the board.... kay.... The paper is cracking...the folds aren't folding even. I feel like it takes too long to make one little bag. I score lightly I can't fold it evenly. I press to hard the paper crack or rips

Any suggestions...type of paper other tuts...anything...? throw it out LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I think the envelope punch board is one of the best tools ever! I don't think I've used a store envelope since I got it. I found one of the sites to give incorrect measurements on the spreadsheet, I think it was the Cfafty Owl one. I use one from Srapped Lives, which is spot on every time. I'm don't have the links as I'm not on my laptop, will post later.
Ruth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2014, 04:47 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by BathBelleView Post
I think the envelope punch board is one of the best tools ever! I don't think I've used a store envelope since I got it. I found one of the sites to give incorrect measurements on the spreadsheet, I think it was the Cfafty Owl one. I use one from Srapped Lives, which is spot on every time. I'm don't have the links as I'm not on my laptop, will post later.
Ruth
To: Bathbelle/Ruth
The spreadsheet that you are talking about is it the one that gives the correct measurements for the envelope board? I know that mine has the wrong measurements as I purchased mine on a pre-order! I have yet to even take it out of the packaging! I don't even remember if it was only a certain size envelope that had incorrect measurements or if it was more then 1 envelope! UGH!!

Thank-you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2014, 06:15 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2busyscrappinView Post
Okay! I'm venting a bit lol

I bought the board about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't going to get it but it was an amazing price at 10 bucks CAD. So I caved and got it. I have used it and tried to hard to follow instructions about the folding and what not that I got so frustrated my DH ran from the room..

I use Stampin' Up designer paper. I love them and I hoard them. I use it with the board.... kay.... The paper is cracking...the folds aren't folding even. I feel like it takes too long to make one little bag. I score lightly I can't fold it evenly. I press to hard the paper crack or rips

Any suggestions...type of paper other tuts...anything...? throw it out LOL
Hi Michelle,
It can be very frustrating until you get the hang of it. I uttered a few colorful words the first few times I used it too. I find that lighter-weight papers work the best with this board. To make it fold up, score 2 1/2" from the bottom on one side of the bag after you've glued it together. That will create a crease so that the bag will fold like a standard bag for storage. I hope these tips have helped. Hang in there! Oh, and if you figure out how to get those holes to line up right, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

So do I. I have the envelope punch. That board I love

Quote:

Originally Posted by BathBelleView Post
Ruth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Ok maybe that is what I'm doing wrong. I scored 2 1/2 before taping. I will try one more time lol

As for the holes..I will let know you if I do.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Hi well here is my experience so far. Making a bag is good but folding flat for future use...forget it. No matter what measure I've tried it doesn't fold clean at all. I used everything from copy paper to cardstock. I wanted to make sets for gifts but its not clean enough to give as a gift. The paper would crack or fold wonky even with the 2 1/2 score for folding. I wasted a lot of paper and I have given up with the folded bottom. I almost regretting it. But I will try again...just not any time soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #18  
Glitter Queen

This thread is awesome. I don't have the WRMK board; instead I have a Martha Stewart board. I used the link at The Crafty Owl to find a calculator for any size card.

Does anyone know if there's a similar calculator for the MS board? If not, I think I will spring for the WRMK one.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

I don't think she has one out yet but if she ever does I would be willing to tri it out

Quote:

Originally Posted by marriedin79View Post
This thread is awesome. I don't have the WRMK board; instead I have a Martha Stewart board. I used the link at The Crafty Owl to find a calculator for any size card.

Does anyone know if there's a similar calculator for the MS board? If not, I think I will spring for the WRMK one.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes