In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Diane Long
  • 1 Post By BillieDee
  • 1 Post By karjor
  • 1 Post By Scrapjanny
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
Mad Swapper
 
Auntielauri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,504
Default We R Memory Keepers punch boards

Has anybody tried the pillow box, gift bag and gift box punch boards by We R Memory Keepers? I am very intrigued by these!! I understand that you can use the plain score boards to make these things, but no doubt, these would make the job easier and faster. Not only that, but somebody has already done the thinking part for me!!
Thanks,
Lauri
__________________
Grant me the serenity
to accept the people I cannot change,
the courage to change the ONE I can,
Auntielauri is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:28 PM   #2
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,872
Default

Used the gift box punch board to make a custom box for a gift I made my grand niece. Used 12' x 12' DSP. I also used the envelope punch board to make a double loop bow from coordinating DSP to go on top.

I have been making odd sized cards lately so the envelope punch board has come in real handy.

As you said, the hard work (measurements and score lines) has been done for you.

I have seen these punch boards at the big box stores so with a coupon, they are very reasonable.
Crafter 4 Life is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:48 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 2,239
Default

I have the pillow box board and the gift box board, and I like both of them. The gift box board is definitely easier to use for gift boxes than the envelope board and it's really nice to have the punch that makes the closure for you. As far as I know, you can't use any of the other boards to make a pillow box, because of the curved score that you need. One thing to keep in mind with the pillow box punch, though - it really only makes one size. You can adjust it to be longer or shorter, but the width is always the same - it's limited to the size of the rounded parts, and there's really no way to make those bigger.
__________________
~~Cheryl, with a "C"
cbet is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Default

I have the pillow box as well, and like it. Don't know if I will get any of the other ones or not, yet.
Angie1974 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:10 AM   #5
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,147
Default

I have the envelope, box, and bag boards. I really like the first 2, and I'm actually getting the third one for Mother's Day. My mother has one, but she's having a hard time with it. She's 86, though, and sometimes has a hard time with directions. When I get mine, we'll "play" together and see if we can figure it out. I think I know what she's doing wrong. Watching the videos on YouTube definitely helps - especially the ones from HSN that have the inventor, Andrew Hiller, demonstrating the boards.
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:37 AM   #6
Rubber Obsessor
 
Diane Long's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pocono Mountains PA
Posts: 101
Default

I recently demoed the boards at an Heirloom Pro show and loved them all. The bag board can make wine bags and wider bags. Highly recommend going on youtube for learning all that can be done with them.Even the envie board can make boxes and other stuff. You may want to set up a pinterest board to store all the tutorials
__________________
Diane Long
See where creativity can take you at Creative Destinations Guide
Diane Long is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
BillieDee likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #7
Die Cut Diva
 
BillieDee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sugar Land, Texas
Posts: 3,142
Default

Wine bags? I wish I had known that. I have the envelope and box boards at the moment. A wine bag maker would be sweet.
__________________
Billie Dee
Gallery
Fan Club Supporter because SCS rocks!
BillieDee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
connie leone likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:13 AM   #8
Mad Swapper
 
Auntielauri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,504
Default

Thanks for all of your advise and suggestion, ladies!!
Lauri
__________________
Grant me the serenity
to accept the people I cannot change,
the courage to change the ONE I can,
Auntielauri is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #9
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 542
Default

I have the envelope and gift box boards and love them both.

This link is invaluable for the envelope board - a envelope and box calculator
http://www.thecraftyowl.co.uk/boxbuster/ - Make box height 0 if you want an envelope - just note that the measurements are box size, not card size. And that you enter whole inches and fractions of inches separately.

And I made a little extension ruler for my box board so I can use it for larger envelopes and boxes CCREW0314CF Envelope Punch Board Extension Ruler by karjor - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I love the extension arm on the gift box bag for longer scores, so I also made an extension ruler for that one with measurements, so i can use it for envelopes and measured boxes (it only comes with S, M, L XL measurements)
karjor is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Denverkat276 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #10
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,801
Default

Hi I'm just chiming in. I've been looking for help about the best paper to use with the gift bag board.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
I have the envelope, box, and bag boards. I really like the first 2, and I'm actually getting the third one for Mother's Day. My mother has one, but she's having a hard time with it. She's 86, though, and sometimes has a hard time with directions. When I get mine, we'll "play" together and see if we can figure it out. I think I know what she's doing wrong. Watching the videos on YouTube definitely helps - especially the ones from HSN that have the inventor, Andrew Hiller, demonstrating the boards.
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:59 PM   #11
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,801
Default

I went on pinterest and youtube

How does everyone make them look so neat. I want to fold mine flat and can't. "sigh".........................


Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Long View Post
I recently demoed the boards at an Heirloom Pro show and loved them all. The bag board can make wine bags and wider bags. Highly recommend going on youtube for learning all that can be done with them.Even the envie board can make boxes and other stuff. You may want to set up a pinterest board to store all the tutorials
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #12
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,801
Default

Okay! I'm venting a bit lol

I bought the board about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't going to get it but it was an amazing price at 10 bucks CAD. So I caved and got it. I have used it and tried to hard to follow instructions about the folding and what not that I got so frustrated my DH ran from the room..

I use Stampin' Up designer paper. I love them and I hoard them. I use it with the board.... kay.... The paper is cracking...the folds aren't folding even. I feel like it takes too long to make one little bag. I score lightly I can't fold it evenly. I press to hard the paper crack or rips

Any suggestions...type of paper other tuts...anything...? throw it out LOL
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:55 PM   #13
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bath, UK
Posts: 271
Default

I think the envelope punch board is one of the best tools ever! I don't think I've used a store envelope since I got it. I found one of the sites to give incorrect measurements on the spreadsheet, I think it was the Cfafty Owl one. I use one from Srapped Lives, which is spot on every time. I'm don't have the links as I'm not on my laptop, will post later.
Ruth
BathBelle is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:47 AM   #14
Mad Swapper
 
connie leone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 1,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
I think the envelope punch board is one of the best tools ever! I don't think I've used a store envelope since I got it. I found one of the sites to give incorrect measurements on the spreadsheet, I think it was the Cfafty Owl one. I use one from Srapped Lives, which is spot on every time. I'm don't have the links as I'm not on my laptop, will post later.
Ruth
To: Bathbelle/Ruth
The spreadsheet that you are talking about is it the one that gives the correct measurements for the envelope board? I know that mine has the wrong measurements as I purchased mine on a pre-order! I have yet to even take it out of the packaging! I don't even remember if it was only a certain size envelope that had incorrect measurements or if it was more then 1 envelope! UGH!!

Thank-you!
connie leone is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:15 AM   #15
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2busyscrappin View Post
Okay! I'm venting a bit lol

I bought the board about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't going to get it but it was an amazing price at 10 bucks CAD. So I caved and got it. I have used it and tried to hard to follow instructions about the folding and what not that I got so frustrated my DH ran from the room..

I use Stampin' Up designer paper. I love them and I hoard them. I use it with the board.... kay.... The paper is cracking...the folds aren't folding even. I feel like it takes too long to make one little bag. I score lightly I can't fold it evenly. I press to hard the paper crack or rips

Any suggestions...type of paper other tuts...anything...? throw it out LOL
Hi Michelle,
It can be very frustrating until you get the hang of it. I uttered a few colorful words the first few times I used it too. I find that lighter-weight papers work the best with this board. To make it fold up, score 2 1/2" from the bottom on one side of the bag after you've glued it together. That will create a crease so that the bag will fold like a standard bag for storage. I hope these tips have helped. Hang in there! Oh, and if you figure out how to get those holes to line up right, please let me know.
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
2busyscrappin likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,801
Default

So do I. I have the envelope punch. That board I love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
I think the envelope punch board is one of the best tools ever! I don't think I've used a store envelope since I got it. I found one of the sites to give incorrect measurements on the spreadsheet, I think it was the Cfafty Owl one. I use one from Srapped Lives, which is spot on every time. I'm don't have the links as I'm not on my laptop, will post later.
Ruth
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #17
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,801
Default

Ok maybe that is what I'm doing wrong. I scored 2 1/2 before taping. I will try one more time lol

As for the holes..I will let know you if I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Hi Michelle,
It can be very frustrating until you get the hang of it. I uttered a few colorful words the first few times I used it too. I find that lighter-weight papers work the best with this board. To make it fold up, score 2 1/2" from the bottom on one side of the bag after you've glued it together. That will create a crease so that the bag will fold like a standard bag for storage. I hope these tips have helped. Hang in there! Oh, and if you figure out how to get those holes to line up right, please let me know.
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:48 PM   #18
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,801
Default

Hi well here is my experience so far. Making a bag is good but folding flat for future use...forget it. No matter what measure I've tried it doesn't fold clean at all. I used everything from copy paper to cardstock. I wanted to make sets for gifts but its not clean enough to give as a gift. The paper would crack or fold wonky even with the 2 1/2 score for folding. I wasted a lot of paper and I have given up with the folded bottom. I almost regretting it. But I will try again...just not any time soon.
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #19
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3
Default

This thread is awesome. I don't have the WRMK board; instead I have a Martha Stewart board. I used the link at The Crafty Owl to find a calculator for any size card.

Does anyone know if there's a similar calculator for the MS board? If not, I think I will spring for the WRMK one.

Thanks!
marriedin79 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #20
Die Cut Diva
 
2busyscrappin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario
Posts: 3,801
Default

I don't think she has one out yet but if she ever does I would be willing to tri it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by marriedin79 View Post
This thread is awesome. I don't have the WRMK board; instead I have a Martha Stewart board. I used the link at The Crafty Owl to find a calculator for any size card.

Does anyone know if there's a similar calculator for the MS board? If not, I think I will spring for the WRMK one.

Thanks!
__________________
Michelle *Ink*Satiable Stamper!BLOG
2busyscrappin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off