Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #41
Glitter Queen

Hello all. I'm only responding to this board because LiveTeachCreate.com is mentioned. Please DO NOT order from this website. I placed an order back in August. They have yet to ship my items but deducted my money immediately. $104.00. I have send friendly emails and have left numerous messages. Have not received anything back and now i notice that the items i ordered are not even offered on their website anymore. In previous orders I placed with them, there was always a problem: this or that out of stock... will send when it comes in. Still waiting for those too. I would be very careful with this company......
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #42
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for the review
Old 11-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

To make your own stamp designs with the TC Stampmaker, do you need to print your negatives out with a laser printer? Or, are you only able to use TC negatives to make her stamps? I guess I need some more clarity. Does anyone have a helpful review? I inly found one review online and it was on the TC blog.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #44
Cardstock Collector

Default TC Stampmaker reviews

No you can use an inkjet printer.

Check out these two reviews:
The Scrap Review - Scrapbook Product Reviews
News, techniques and inspirations | Stamping | CraftGossip.com

Thank you,
Lara
Old 11-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #45
Glitter Queen

You can use an inkJet printer. I love that!

and you are not limited to Teresa Collins' images. That is the best part. You are only limited by your imagination.

We (unKit) will be doing a live show soon on the Stamp Maker so you can get a good feel for what the machine is like.
unKit This Monday 9:30pm EST
Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 AM   #46
Compulsive Stamper

Default Black card stock die cuts can also be used

I haven't tried this yet, but saw on Teresa's blog that you can also use black card stock cut out in the same shape as you would be printing. Since my printer ran out of ink I keep meaning to try it, but got busy doing the Operation Write Home Valentines Blog Hop. So far all the stamps I've made have not turned out, due in part to the ink not being dark enough. Not sure why the one made with one of the designs supplied with the kit didn't turn out. I think it's all in the timing and I wasn't using a digital timer because I don't have one, but have now discovered one online that works great. I'm really anxious to hear about any hints folks might have for successful stampmaking. Has anyone tried making an embossing "folder" yet?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #47
Mad Swapper

i have only been able to get mine out once to play with and could not get a dark enough image printed out. so i have to work on that part.

Last edited by Jeanne S; 11-16-2010 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: retailer selling in the thread
Old 11-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #48
Rubber Obsessor

Tell me more about the kit. I have just started looking into it today. Do you think a laser jet printer would be better than ink jet? I have been told that laser printers get the negative darker? Can't wait for more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerridwen3301 View Post
i have only been able to get mine out once to play with and could not get a dark enough image printed out. so i have to work on that part.!

Last edited by Jeanne S; 11-16-2010 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: removed quoted violation
Old 11-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #49
Pearl-ExPert

I got really good dark results with my ink jet printer, changed the cartridge pretty recently though so there was plenty of ink.

I've posted some pics of a few projects I've made along with the negative and the stamps themselves to show how they look:

Bird Card with Home Made Stamp by HeatherHolbrook - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Book Mark with Home Made Stamp by HeatherHolbrook - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Old 11-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #50
Glitter Queen

Default Printing

Hi, We recommend ink jet as all ink jet printers will print a black enough negative if your artwork is black & white - you do need to go into your printer options to make sure you use the black ink option and increase ink density if possible, often best settings are photopaper matte and print on normal, not best quality. Full advice is given with instructions. Not all laser printers will print black enough (but some output from laser printers can be darkened with a toner density spray). Laser film is not included in the kit, only ink jet, but can be bought separately. You can use anything that will let light through in one area (to harden the gel) and stop it in another to make a stamp or die - try a piece of lace or a flourish you cut on your cutting machine or a shape cut out of black card... Contact us if you have any questions about your printer. A quick check is to hold your negative up to the light - you don't want to see light through it.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #51
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherHolbrook View Post
I got really good dark results with my ink jet printer, changed the cartridge pretty recently though so there was plenty of ink.

I've posted some pics of a few projects I've made along with the negative and the stamps themselves to show how they look:

Bird Card with Home Made Stamp by HeatherHolbrook - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Book Mark with Home Made Stamp by HeatherHolbrook - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
They look really good, nice detail. This might be on my wish list for later next year. I have to learn to use the tools that I have now
Old 11-24-2010, 05:33 PM   #52
Compulsive Stamper

It's been over 3 month since I ordered my TC Stampmaker from Live Teach Create, I asked for my money back, no reply, I get no replys to my emails and when I trie to call they are never able to answer their phone, I can't get a refund thru my bank as I paid with Paypal and they don't take any actions after 45 days if it is not an auction item, e-mail Teresa Collins company and they are apparently not able or not willing to help me. So I'm out my money if anybody out their has any suggestions would appriciate them.
Have a great thanksgiving.
Old 11-25-2010, 02:45 AM   #53
Mad Swapper

that really sucks. have you been contacting them through their etsy site? or their emails on the blog? i hate to see this because it gives all of us online sellers a bad rep
Old 11-25-2010, 04:49 AM   #54
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

You shouldn't have waited that long to file a dispute with Paypal, that's too bad. Did you use a CC to fund Paypal? If so, maybe you could call them up a file a dispute.
With no other options, I would file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, maybe you can get some results from doing that. Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckMagic View Post
It's been over 3 month since I ordered my TC Stampmaker from Live Teach Create, I asked for my money back, no reply, I get no replys to my emails and when I trie to call they are never able to answer their phone, I can't get a refund thru my bank as I paid with Paypal and they don't take any actions after 45 days if it is not an auction item, e-mail Teresa Collins company and they are apparently not able or not willing to help me. So I'm out my money if anybody out their has any suggestions would appriciate them.
Have a great thanksgiving.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #55
Cardstock Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to LiveTeachCreate Send a message via Skype™ to LiveTeachCreate
Default Live.Teach.Create

I want to first thank pezadoodle for contacting me privately about this conversation that was going on.

As far as ordering with my online store goes, we have done everything that we could to deal with Teresa Collins Designs and are not getting what we need from them. We have decided to end our retail relationship with them and as we have been refunded the money from our bank have been refunding the money to the consumers as well. It is a process where we have to wait for the money to be put back in our account due to the credit card companies going through the issue individually.

As to your card being charged immediately, that is what happens when you shop online. We can't control when PayPal charges each of our customers accounts as it depends on when they place the order. When you purchase a pre-order item, it does tie up your funds as that money is put toward purchasing your items.

Due to the nature of this thread, I have asked SCS to remove it. I have not received an email from Mrs. Luxenburg since we have switched our email servers and my last reply to her.

Any future contact can be done directly to me at jenn@liveteachcreate.com
Old 11-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #56
Mad Swapper

what happened? i have had a very easy time dealing with teresa collins to get all of our stamp makers. took a little bit of work at first but they seem to be operating quite smoothly now...
Old 11-26-2010, 07:35 PM   #57
Compulsive Stamper

Question...
I already have a UV lightbox for curing resin. Does anyone one if there's a difference between the lightbox in the stamp maker and one used for resin?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2010, 08:46 AM   #58
Rubber Obsessor

Talking Stampmaker Essentials Kit $97.99

Just checked scrap-mart.com to order some consumables for my Stampmaker and saw the new pricing for the Essential Stampmaker Kit. $97.99 and free shipping! I thought I got a deal at $111.00. Remember this is made by the same people manufacturing for Teresa Collins Stampmaker. This kit doesn't have supplies for embossing and stencil making (available separately) and isn't pink with the TC logo. Everything else is the same to enable you to make your own stamps. I'm loving mine and my friends are going crazy to try it too.
Photocentric, the manufacturer, also has a 20% off supplies for this Thanksgiving weekend, code: holiday2010. I think that sale ends tonight, but scrap-mart.com price is as good if not better.
Happy Stamping. SCS has opened a whole new world full of generous friends and info to me and I am grateful.
LOYCE IN GEORGIA
Old 11-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #59
Glitter Queen

Loyce,
how cool is that! How do you like your new machine? Are you creating a lot of stamps?

I've been following this thread, very interested to know what are the difference between a store stamp and a stamp made with this machine..I'm wondering if you are able to get that same "deep relief" ?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #60
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks for everyones replys. When and if I get my money back from Lived, Teach. Create will check into the other machine at scrap mart. this whole thing would not been so bad if Lived, Teach, Create would keept in contact with me about what was going on, makes me leary of buying online, and to that end Paypal is bad about only having 45days to file a claim.
Hope everyone had a great turkey day.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #61
Rubber Obsessor

Talking Stampmaker

Hi, Monica! I've been having fun and looking for copyright free images is part of the fun. I haven't stamped any polyclay or PMC to test out my relief depth. To keep my friends "supplied" they are all getting photopolymer packets for Christmas, We will plan another stampmaking festival after Christmas. My SIL is a Photoshop queen and has some big ideas for images.
SCSers Are The Best!
LOYCE IN GEORGIA
Old 12-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #62
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyce View Post
Hi, Monica! I've been having fun and looking for copyright free images is part of the fun. I haven't stamped any polyclay or PMC to test out my relief depth. To keep my friends "supplied" they are all getting photopolymer packets for Christmas, We will plan another stampmaking festival after Christmas. My SIL is a Photoshop queen and has some big ideas for images.
SCSers Are The Best!
LOYCE IN GEORGIA
You'll have to update your gallery or start a blog to share your group exploits!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:35 PM   #63
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

Default Stampmaker Machine

Can we keep this thread going? I would really like see some examples if anyone has any to post.

Thanks!
Old 12-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #64
Polyshrink Goddess

Good info...
Old 12-14-2010, 08:09 AM   #65
kraf*T*y mama

Send a message via AIM to shastess Send a message via Yahoo to shastess

very cool I saw this demoed online somewhere and thought it looked cool! Going to have to look into it more!

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Old 12-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #66
Compulsive Stamper

Hi all it has been 3 weeks since live teach create posted that they will give people refunds, I have not gotten anythink from them, no respond to emails no money, will try to go thru their etsy site. Hate to file a claim in small claims court , but since I'm a truckdriver I can get easy enough to dallas.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #67
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LN View Post
Can we keep this thread going? I would really like see some examples if anyone has any to post.
Thanks!
LN,
I've had good results with the TC Stampmaker and have some examples posted on my blog. Image attached below since I can't post URLs yet.

I have also started a yahoo group, tcstampmakertips, with tips, image sources, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
img_1005.jpg   picture-4.png  

Last edited by cleversomeday; 12-23-2010 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Add more photos
Old 12-23-2010, 11:18 PM   #68
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

Default TC Stampmaker

Thanks Clever! I will keep checking up on your blog
Old 12-24-2010, 04:26 AM   #69
Compulsive Stamper

thanks cleaver your samples look great
Old 12-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #70
Kookie Creator

I would love to hear some of the results you guys have had with this machine.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #71
Cardstock Collector

I just saw the add in Paper Cloth Scissors mag and started checking it out. I think I am Not going to get it. Look at all the consumables! So much stuff to keep buying, I think I will pass. Could be fun though.

Lol KikiKaren, when I do something stupid I say, "I was born a blonde"..my hair is brown now.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #72
Glitter Queen

Wax,
was it an ad for the Theresa machine or other machine?
The consumables for her Stampmaker - as far as I know - are film to make negatives, and the mini polymer packs. I think that's is all you need to make stamps with the TC stampmaker.

Disclaimer: These are my own opinions. I'm not advertising, endorsing, or representing the company mentioned

Last edited by MonicaPA; 12-29-2010 at 11:46 PM.. Reason: had to change tthe color.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:04 PM   #73
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone have the break down of the cost of a stamp using this?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:26 PM   #74
Mad Swapper

the consumables are less per stamp than buying a stamp on top of making whatever i want so i don't find the consumables unreasonable.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:25 AM   #75
Embossing Fanatic

I have been using this machine and its far better than the old version. There are a few negatives such as poor fine detail especially on small stamps but on the whole results have been good. The software I find a litte limited and achieve far better results with photoshop or a freeware program called photoscape.
I have written a little review on it here.
AndySkinner.org: A New Arrival.. The Imagepac Stampmaker

Andy

Last edited by Andy Skinner; 01-04-2011 at 11:29 AM..
Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #76
~LN
Rubber Obsessor

Question? are these the same? theThe Imagepac Stampmaker and the thresa collins one?

has anyone used it for steincals yet? opinons please
Old 01-14-2011, 05:46 AM   #77
Pearl-ExPert

Photocentric makes a few different styles of machines, Imagepac is another one of them, the TC version is prettier and comes with exclusive designs, but basically as I understand it, yes it's the same machine.

Stencils are made the same as stamps, it's just the gel pac used is thinner.

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #78
Matboard Maniac

Default I've finally made it

I made stamp after trial & error. A few important things - your printer has to really print dark enough to block light (I used an Epson r220) and when using the small imagepac double check the template that came with it. Mine was cut to big & light came through. After going through 3 imagepacs I can now make my own stamps. The only negative for me was there is a smell - next time I'll open the Pac & clean the stamp outside. Worth the investment for me
Old 01-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #79
Compulsive Stamper

Default Successful stamps made with TC Stampmaker

I finally made a bunch of stamps after trial and error and have them posted on my blog Diary of a Craft Room Transformation.

I agree with the previous post about the smell and will probably make this an outdoor craft when the weather warms up a bit. Maybe if I had just made one or two stamps it wouldn't have been so overwhelming. My home is on a septic system which means I really can't pour this stuff down the drain or toilet, so I had to pour it outside anyway, making me wonder how toxic it is to wildlife.

All in all I enjoy making my own stamps and want to try the stencils and embossing packs too.

For anyone looking for royalty-free graphics you might want to take a peek at The Graphics Fairy.

Ok, so I can't post the links on here because it's telling me I can't do it without posting 3 or more forum posts, so I'll go post some more and come back to leave the links.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #80
Glitter Queen

I'm new to clear stamps, and decided to get
a machine for hobby and to make prototypes.

I was going to buy Teresa's machine but ended up buying a Photocentric machine that is more expensive
and bigger because I wanted something that could work with A4 sachets.

It is the same UV light process but the sachets are clear or superclear and they have different sizes up to A4, and uses their salts. The stamps came out with a sticky back and as thick as store bought, ready for the acrylic block.
There are some pros and cons...off course.
yudawnn29 likes this post.