Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nycardlady
  • 1 Post By nycardlady

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default SU new ink pad/old ink...old ink pad/ new ink?

I have some older ink pads..the flip case style but not foam,and I am wondering if I can use the new ink refills on them? I also have some new foam pads, but old ink refills. Can they be used together? I searched this thread for information but didn't find any. Before I order ink refills I can't use or new foam pads I can't re-ink , I thought I would ask here. Someone must have my answer! Thanks...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
muscrat likes this post.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
Crimping Master

Five ink colors have undergone formula changes to improve functionality and color stability with the new firm foam pads. These colors are

Basic Black
Basic Gray
Marina Mist
Perfect Plum
Tempting Turquoise
All five colors of the reformulated inks have been fully tested and approved. While using the new ink formula in the old Stampin’ Pads is fine, Stampin' Up! does not recommend using the old ink formula for these five colors in the new firm foam pads. HTH
Old 03-20-2015, 03:42 PM   #3
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you so much for the information. One of those colors is one on my questionable list! So now I know not to mix the pad and ink. I appreciate your help.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:35 PM   #4
Gallery Gazer

I do know that many of the red tones also were reformulated after many people had issues with rusting (what I called a red-orange sheen that appeared on the surfaces of the pad, sometimes iit also crusted).

SU replaced my old red pads with new. I also got new refills at that time. I know the inks were different because the new real red looks nothing like the old real red. Big disappointment, since that was a favorite. I kept the old reinker, marked it as original, and use it on a totally new unlinked pad that I bought to use for this.

Certainly celery is another color that I know was reformulated because the new foam pad/refill are distinctly different from my original flip top fabric pad.

I personally would not use old refills with the new foam pads because I would not want to take a chance of a chemical reaction that might goober up the surface of the pad. Just my two cents on the subject. You may be more willing to take a chance, just to see how it works!
Old 03-21-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
Gallery Gazer

Opps! Double post....��
Old 03-21-2015, 01:23 PM   #6
Proud Fan Club Member

Was glad to find this post. I just ordered some ink pads in the new foam style and decided to order new refills too, even though I had the old. I will pull the old ones and use for other inking projects, but I'm glad to know my decision was pretty good.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:46 AM   #7
Rubber Obsessor

Thank you for the advice. Looks like some new ink pads ,along with ink on my next order! I think I need to find a source for some empty pads I can ink myself with some of my old inks! That's a good idea.
muscrat likes this post.