In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 06:01 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 33
Default stamps and paper to use with copic markers

I just invested in the copic markers. I would like to find stamps that you would color in with the copics. I have SU stuff but there is not much choice
in the stamps for coloring in. Also I was going to try Gina K luxury white cardstock to stamp on but what about coordinating papers to go with the copic markers. Any suggestions? Thanks
kit61 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Kimberly Crawford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: IA
Posts: 609
Default

I am a little biased here, but from all the products I have tried and used, I would recommend Flourishes Classic White cardstock or Neenah Solar White, Memento Ink, and I LOVE coloring in Flourishes stamps!! hope that helps.
__________________
My Blog For the Love of Paper

MFT Design Team
Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine Go-To-Gal
Carta Bella Design Team
Maya Road Design Team
Kimberly Crawford is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert
 
cjbapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Western Wisconsin
Posts: 2,591
Send a message via Yahoo to cjbapp
Default

You will have more luck buying Copics to go with your papers...depending on the brand of CS you use, you can find copic match lists online to help you choose.

And if you haven't used Copics before, I would test out the coloring on different papers before investing in one brand right away. I find that the colors stay lighter and are more workable on GinaK, but with PTI I think they are omre vibrant and have more color depth with more coats. I use different CS for different images or colors.

As for images that work well...it's such a personal taste issue...I have images from so many brands! MFT, Stampendous, Sugar Nellies, Penny Black, GinaK...all have line art images that work well with Copics...PTI does have some nice ones too, but they have a lot of solid images too.

HTH!
__________________
Cher
No longer stamping...on to bigger things.
cjbapp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
Mad Swapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Carlyle, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,726
Default

I like to use Gina K pure luxury CS and Memento Tuxedo black ink with my Copic's. I have tried the PTI and Neenah and they were good but I didn't like the fact that the ink soaked through the CS. With Gina K it dosn't soak thru. There are so many different opinions of what CS to use with the Copic's, my suggestion would be to try each kind and see what works best for you. As for images that I use with Copic's, I like Whiff of Joy, Sugar Nellie, Magnolia, Our Daily Bread, Gina K, Stamping Bella, some of my SU and other misc. stamps that I have. Just remember that it takes practice to figure out what the best way to use your Copic's will be for you. Have fun with them.
jackie1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #5
Matboard Maniac
 
Cindy55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 253
Default

Where can I get some of the Neenah Solar White paper? Also I've read prism has some good paper for copics. Where would I get that? Is there somewhere I can get some of both?
Cindy55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
NubianQn likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy55 View Post
Where can I get some of the Neenah Solar White paper? Also I've read prism has some good paper for copics. Where would I get that? Is there somewhere I can get some of both?
I got my Neenah cardstock from Xpedx - http://www.xpedxstores.com/StoreLocations.aspx

They have a variety of cardstocks and are very helpful.

I think I found the cardstock in the Business section rather than the Papercrafting section.
RiverIsis is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
Kookie Creator
 
ilikemarkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 379
Default

Neenah you can find online or at Xpedx stores.

Prism Simply Smooth you can find at many LSS. Bazzil's new Coconut Cream cardstock is good also.

Gina K and Papertrey Ink are both great papers.

As for stamps to color in, there are soooo many out there!

(I am biased, but you can always get Our Craft Lounge Stamps, as I draw all my images to be colored in with Copics AND I show an example with the stamp of how you can color it

Otherwise, you can try AMuse stamps for really small, fine images, Flourishes for classic elegance, Papertrey for clean / modern designs, Cornish Heritage for licenced images and fun designs, Crafty Secrets for vintage/retro, Our Craft lounge has cute but slightly quirky art and a healthy mix of other styles... each company has it's own flavor so you need to find a feel you like.

That's the beauty of market variety. So many ways to branch out beyond SU!
__________________
marianne my blog: www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com
my work: www.copicmarker.com i draw stamps for: Our Craft Lounge
donate to a good cause: Pens For Kids
ilikemarkers is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 04:52 PM   #8
Matboard Maniac
 
Cindy55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 253
Default

Stampers Dream had both the neenah and the prism so I ordered some of each!
Cindy55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
Insane Embellisher
 
Marcee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 861
Default

I bought some Neenah Classic Solar Crest and I'm not sure if it's the right one. I can say, that the difference between coloring on SU! white CS and my Neenah is night and day. My Copics don't blend on the Neenah very well and it makes my flesh tones have an orange-ish tint Must be the wrong one, I'm guessing. Too bad I bought a whole stinkin' ream

There are a lot of different CS's to try and I've seen many different tutorials on ways to color using copics. I'm using Memento Tuxedo Black for my ink and like to clear emboss my image before coloring.
Marcee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #10
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: sunny southwest
Posts: 2,635
Default

I have just recently discovered the X-ped-X version of Neenah...it is 80lb and 110 lb. which I am currently waiting for them to restock (locally). I am buying the 110 lb. for cardbases, very nice quality! I love it every bit as much as the Neenah, at a fraction of the cost. Just my two cents!
__________________
Terri
tdodd00 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #11
Pearl-ExPert
 
Vina82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: California
Posts: 2,784
Default

I use Papertrey white cardstock or Neenah crest solar white 80lb cover weight. I purchased the paper from my local Kelly paper store and I paid $29.00 for a 250 sheet package which equals to about .12 per sheet. This will last me a looong time. I also use Memento black ink..it's great with copics. No smearing.
Have fun with your new copics!
__________________
Vina
BRAIN ANEURYSM TALK THREAD
Vina82 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:23 PM   #12
Kookie Creator
 
ilikemarkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcee View Post
I bought some Neenah Classic Solar Crest and I'm not sure if it's the right one. I can say, that the difference between coloring on SU! white CS and my Neenah is night and day. My Copics don't blend on the Neenah very well and it makes my flesh tones have an orange-ish tint Must be the wrong one, I'm guessing. Too bad I bought a whole stinkin' ream

There are a lot of different CS's to try and I've seen many different tutorials on ways to color using copics. ...
The color difference between SU and Neenah will be pretty strong, and it will blend differently. SU! paper is slightly coated so that waterbased products float on the surface whereas the Neenah Classic Crest Solar white absorbs color and it blends much differently since the ink isn't being absorbed the same.

What flesh colors are you using? E02 is an orange - skin color IMO. SU paper shows darker colors being lighter, so you might have been able to get away with darker colors, but on Neenah you need to work really light.
__________________
marianne my blog: www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com
my work: www.copicmarker.com i draw stamps for: Our Craft Lounge
donate to a good cause: Pens For Kids
ilikemarkers is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #13
Insane Embellisher
 
lilian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 846
Default

I love to color the kid stamps - have yet to venture into florals. Sugar Nellie & The Greeting Farm...

Papers I found to be great - PTI white, Neenah classics (any weight) and GP cs from walmart. Have fun!
__________________
Color to Paper
lilian is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #14
Insane Embellisher
 
Marcee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemarkers View Post
The color difference between SU and Neenah will be pretty strong, and it will blend differently. SU! paper is slightly coated so that waterbased products float on the surface whereas the Neenah Classic Crest Solar white absorbs color and it blends much differently since the ink isn't being absorbed the same.

What flesh colors are you using? E02 is an orange - skin color IMO. SU paper shows darker colors being lighter, so you might have been able to get away with darker colors, but on Neenah you need to work really light.
I was using E50 and E51 until my E00 came in yesterday. I plan to use it with E11.

I'm wondering if I should be using the Neenah Ultra Smooth? Mine is just Neenah Smooth and it seems that the ink bleeds out of the image pretty easy-almost like I might need to wait a bit before I go in with a darker shade?? Some images I can't clear emboss because of fine detail so the bleeding makes it frustrating. The colorless blender doesn't seem to work very well at removing color outside the lines either:/

I had no idea that CS could make such a difference!
Marcee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 01:33 PM   #15
Stampin' Fool
 
Lainy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: E. Tennessee
Posts: 1,336
Default

I went and bought Neenah at the "If its paper" store. When there, I told them I was looking for very smooth paper, and they suggested Hammermill Color Copy Cover. They gave me some to try and I took it home with the ream of Neenah. I tried it that night, and the next day went back and bought the Hammermill.

Now I exclusively use the Hammermill. It is really white, but thinner. I have both 60 lb and 80 lb. It is VERY easy to blend on, and soaks through almost instantly, which I like for the blending and I feel like I am not using as much ink as I do on the Neenah. It was much cheaper too. I also mount most of mine on other cardstock, so the bleedthrough doesn't bother me.

As for images... it really depends on what type you are looking for - cutesy vs. realistic, landscape vs. people or animals. I have found a lot. I have some Sugar Nellies and I am really wanting some of the Elizabeth Bell Whiff of Joy ones as well. There are some Impression Obsession ones that are really beautiful. And I am getting ready to order some more Stamps by Judith, as they are really cute.
Lainy67 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Scraphappily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,695
Default

I would say that my fav cardstock to use with my copics is the Neenah paper- it just takes up the color so well and doesn't get blotchy, which I do get sometimes with my SU cardstock.

As for images- oh the world is at your command! I love to use the Magnolia's, Whiff of Joy, Sarah Kay and SU (larger flowers/picture scenes). I have a bunch of different images/types that i have on my blog-stop over and take a look if you would like!

You will just love all the wonderful companies out there..............
Scraphappily is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:53 AM   #17
Full of Malarky
 
debzi333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 44,518
Default

I was told in my copic class - and it was taught by a certified copic teacher who was trained by Marianne Walker that copics are supposed to bleed through the paper - otherwise you aren't colouring correctly such that you can blend. I was told to use wax paper underneath my cardstock so that the copics didn't stain my table due to the the bleedthrough, I use Neenah solar crest white, and I like it quite well. The LSS that I took my copic class at has some sort of copic paper that is even better - more bleed through but easer to blend. I don't know what kind of paper it is though.

SU Whisper white is no good with copics - to much seepage of the ink from one area to the other - and it has a coating on it that makes it great for gamsol magic - but not for copics. HTP.
__________________
~~~~~~Deborah~~~~~~
Thanks for checking out my Gallery!
BRAIN TRUST of the PUNCHKATEER's
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
debzi333 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 AM   #18
Full of Malarky
 
debzi333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: BC
Posts: 44,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemarkers View Post
Neenah you can find online or at Xpedx stores.

Prism Simply Smooth you can find at many LSS. Bazzil's new Coconut Cream cardstock is good also.

Gina K and Papertrey Ink are both great papers.

As for stamps to color in, there are soooo many out there!

(I am biased, but you can always get Our Craft Lounge Stamps, as I draw all my images to be colored in with Copics AND I show an example with the stamp of how you can color it

Otherwise, you can try AMuse stamps for really small, fine images, Flourishes for classic elegance, Papertrey for clean / modern designs, Cornish Heritage for licenced images and fun designs, Crafty Secrets for vintage/retro, Our Craft lounge has cute but slightly quirky art and a healthy mix of other styles... each company has it's own flavor so you need to find a feel you like.

That's the beauty of market variety. So many ways to branch out beyond SU!


Ah! The true expert, Marianne Walker speaks! Thanks Marianne! Love your copic blog!
__________________
~~~~~~Deborah~~~~~~
Thanks for checking out my Gallery!
BRAIN TRUST of the PUNCHKATEER's
The World Needs More Canada - Bono
debzi333 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #19
Kookie Creator
 
ilikemarkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Eugene, OR
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
...copics are supposed to bleed through the paper - otherwise you aren't colouring correctly such that you can blend. I was told to use wax paper underneath my cardstock so that the copics didn't stain my table due to the the bleedthrough...
This is good advice, EXCEPT that you want something absorbent under your paper or the ink will pool and feather. Put a piece of scratch paper between your cardstock and the wax paper and you'll get better results.
__________________
marianne my blog: www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com
my work: www.copicmarker.com i draw stamps for: Our Craft Lounge
donate to a good cause: Pens For Kids
ilikemarkers is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:33 AM   #20
Hardware Hotshot
 
stampencamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,215
Default copic paper

I'm just getting into copics also. I did order the copic paper, which seems smoother to color on, though much lighter in weight then any cardstock. But could be used when layering. To me it takes getting used to so much bleeding of copics, so may experiement more with the copics paper when layering.


Quote:
Originally Posted by debzi333 View Post
I was told in my copic class - and it was taught by a certified copic teacher who was trained by Marianne Walker that copics are supposed to bleed through the paper - otherwise you aren't colouring correctly such that you can blend. I was told to use wax paper underneath my cardstock so that the copics didn't stain my table due to the the bleedthrough, I use Neenah solar crest white, and I like it quite well. The LSS that I took my copic class at has some sort of copic paper that is even better - more bleed through but easer to blend. I don't know what kind of paper it is though.

SU Whisper white is no good with copics - to much seepage of the ink from one area to the other - and it has a coating on it that makes it great for gamsol magic - but not for copics. HTP.
__________________
Carolyn


my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
stampencamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #21
Insane Embellisher
 
Marcee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampencamper View Post
I'm just getting into copics also. I did order the copic paper, which seems smoother to color on, though much lighter in weight then any cardstock. But could be used when layering. To me it takes getting used to so much bleeding of copics, so may experiement more with the copics paper when layering.
I have this paper too. It does take colors darker than my other white CS. And it def. needs to be layered-I was surprised at how thin it is. I've been working a lot with the Neenah, but one that I have found to be really easy to blend on that doesn't over saturate is Pentalic Paper for Pens. It has an ultra smooth finish, but isn't glossy like SU!
Marcee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:26 AM   #22
Embossing Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 71
Default

I use Taylored Expressions Snow White.

I have used neenah too and was quite happy.
sarahjean is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #23
Embossing Fanatic
 
Hoopitydoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 62
Default

Great advice! Thanks!
Hoopitydoo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #24
Mad Swapper
 
paulssandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hudson, NH
Posts: 1,656
Default

This may have already been mentioned, but...Paper Temptress has several Copic friendly papers to choose from. You can even get some free samples to see which you would like, if any. Here is her link.

https://www.papertemptress.com/results.php?category=48

Sandy O
__________________
Gallery
Blog Paper Transformer
paulssandy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #25
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 672
Default

I just ordered a few copics to try them out. One thing I have not seen mentioned is using them with embossing powders. I did see one mention of clear embossing but what about detail black. I tried it with some old Prisma markers and the embossing smeared.
Nan Cee's is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #26
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Michellena317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somerset, NJ
Posts: 709
Default

I have had no luck when embossing with SU! detail black ep. Smearing was awful and I ruined a marker tip. Marianne said on her blog that people have commented that colored powders get eaten up by the alcohol inks. Something about the coloring in the powder does not like alcohol. Clear has no pigmentation so it doesn't bleed or dissolve. So my conlusion is that you should use clear embossing powder instead of black.
__________________
-Michelle
check out my blog michelles-mbellishments.blogspot.com
Michellena317 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #27
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 672
Default

Thank you so much! I was using Stampedous powder but I won't try any more! You have been very helpful.
Thank you,
Nan Cee
Nan Cee's is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #28
Matboard Maniac
 
needmorestamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 343
Default

I have tried all the papers including Neenah and by far, the clear winner is Beckett Expression Iceburg. It's the general market equivalent of Stampin' Up!. It doesn't pill, takes a lot of color and the colors stay true and vibrant.

As for ink, I like using Staz On jet black. I have found that I need to let it sit for a couple minutes after stamping it to make sure the color is good and dry before coloring over the top of it though.
needmorestamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #29
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 672
Default

Thanks for your information. My Copics haven't arrived yet. I hope I get them in the mail tomorrow. I am so excited and hope I can learn to use them okay.
Nan Cee's is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:27 AM   #30
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Michellena317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Somerset, NJ
Posts: 709
Default

Hmm needmorestamps, that is interesting that you get good results with StazOn... I have read that stazon ink doesn't play nice with alcohol markers...So I never bothered to try it. Maybe your ink and paper combo just works.
Here is a great post from Marianne on inks to use.
"BAD!!!
Staz On. Just don't use it. It will stain your marker tips and bleed.
SU! This is meant for water-based products and won't work

This being said, if you don't touch the stamped line then you will never have problems with any ink."
__________________
-Michelle
check out my blog michelles-mbellishments.blogspot.com
Michellena317 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #31
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 672
Default

NOOOOOO - I ment to say I used Memento Texedo. So sorry I misled you.
Nan Cee's is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:19 AM   #32
Gabfest Goddess
 
NikiE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oregon
Posts: 7,259
Default

I keep telling myself I need to try neenah paper. I always read such great things about it. I use momento ink, too. I would love to find a blacker black ink that doesn't smear at all, but I haven't found one yet.

I love lots of different brands of stamps as far as images to color. Are you looking for cutesy? These are some of my favorite companies for cutesy stamps: CC Designs, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Wags 'n Whiskers, High Hopes, Pink Cat Studio, Stampavie, The Cat's Pajamas. On my wishlist to try are Whipper Snapper (so cute!), Penny Black (they have lots of cutesy and classic, beautiful images) and Flourishes (their stamps aren't cutesy, but they are gorgeous!).
__________________
Niki
My Blog
NikiE is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #33
Hardware Hotshot
 
stampencamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,215
Default my suggestions, also

this is exactly what I use. Gina K paper has been shown to make the best 'CLEAR" stamped image. Whiff of joy, sugar Nellie, Magnolia, wags n whiskers also, here:
http://jacqui47.blogspot.com/
stamps are favorites also



Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie1 View Post
I like to use Gina K pure luxury CS and Memento Tuxedo black ink with my Copic's. I have tried the PTI and Neenah and they were good but I didn't like the fact that the ink soaked through the CS. With Gina K it dosn't soak thru. There are so many different opinions of what CS to use with the Copic's, my suggestion would be to try each kind and see what works best for you. As for images that I use with Copic's, I like Whiff of Joy, Sugar Nellie, Magnolia, Our Daily Bread, Gina K, Stamping Bella, some of my SU and other misc. stamps that I have. Just remember that it takes practice to figure out what the best way to use your Copic's will be for you. Have fun with them.
__________________
Carolyn


my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
stampencamper is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #34
Embossing Fanatic
 
prismadonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 58
Default Neenah vs GinaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikiE View Post
I keep telling myself I need to try neenah paper. I always read such great things about it. I use momento ink, too. I would love to find a blacker black ink that doesn't smear at all, but I haven't found one yet.

I love lots of different brands of stamps as far as images to color. Are you looking for cutesy? These are some of my favorite companies for cutesy stamps: CC Designs, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, Wags 'n Whiskers, High Hopes, Pink Cat Studio, Stampavie, The Cat's Pajamas. On my wishlist to try are Whipper Snapper (so cute!), Penny Black (they have lots of cutesy and classic, beautiful images) and Flourishes (their stamps aren't cutesy, but they are gorgeous!).
Hey there, I just wanted to say that I too am on the hunt for the PERFECT paper ink combo. I definitely like Momento Tux Black best. NO smearing on any paper I've tried. I like to use clear fine detail embossing powder with it. But I don't always bother. As for papers, Neenah is one of my favorites. I bought PTI-don't like it at all. SU- not at all. GP CS from Wal-Mart-not bad actually. Gina K is my favorite for COPICS that is.

I am going to try the one mentioned earlier if I can find it. It's so frustrating that it all depends on what you are doing as to the paper that is best.
__________________
"Never more happy than when I'm coloring"
My blogspot: www.prismadonna.blogspot.com
prismadonna is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #35
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 672
Default

I just got my first Copics and have only made one card so far but played around on various papers and black inks. I found Gina K Luxury White is the best that I had on hand. In playing around I did a flower using Stampin' Up Eggplant and Matchable Marvey's black. Neither of them smeared with the Copics; however, I did not use the blender pen with them, just the markers for blending and shading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prismadonna View Post
Hey there, I just wanted to say that I too am on the hunt for the PERFECT paper ink combo. I definitely like Momento Tux Black best. NO smearing on any paper I've tried. I like to use clear fine detail embossing powder with it. But I don't always bother. As for papers, Neenah is one of my favorites. I bought PTI-don't like it at all. SU- not at all. GP CS from Wal-Mart-not bad actually. Gina K is my favorite for COPICS that is.

I am going to try the one mentioned earlier if I can find it. It's so frustrating that it all depends on what you are doing as to the paper that is best.
Nan Cee's is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #36
Insane Embellisher
 
stampinmomnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vermont
Posts: 965
Default

I use PTI white cardstock to use with my digis and copics. Works well. As for the color comparion, if you google it you can find some sites that do it.
__________________
Shop Stampin' Up!
Blog
stampinmomnh is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #37
Matboard Maniac
 
needmorestamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 343
Default

Yeah, it could be that I let it sit for a while before coloring? I haven't tried the momento ink but I'm thinking I should buy a black pad now.
needmorestamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #38
Matboard Maniac
 
craftycarrieanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 251
Default Couture Cardstock One Sheet Wonder

I will say upfront that I may be biased because I work for the company, but at Couture Cardstock we have a product endorsed by Sally Lynn McDonald, Copic Education coordinator, just for Copic markers. It is called the One Sheet Wonder and the alcohol ink does not bleed through the back. It also blends like a dream. Copic uses it in their booth at CHA and in their education classes.

Hope this helps!
craftycarrieanne is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #39
Embossing Fanatic
 
prismadonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 58
Thumbs up I'll try it

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycarrieanne View Post
I will say upfront that I may be biased because I work for the company, but at Couture Cardstock we have a product endorsed by Sally Lynn McDonald, Copic Education coordinator, just for Copic markers. It is called the One Sheet Wonder and the alcohol ink does not bleed through the back. It also blends like a dream. Copic uses it in their booth at CHA and in their education classes.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the info. I'm always willing to try new paper. I'm gonna go order some right now.
__________________
"Never more happy than when I'm coloring"
My blogspot: www.prismadonna.blogspot.com
prismadonna is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #40
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burbs of Atlanta
Posts: 149
Default

I just bought some Gina K Pure Luxury white 110 lb. cardstock...Copics blend like buttta on this stuff. It's SOOOOO smooth, almost glassy. And absolutely ZERO bleed through so it can be used as a card base with no layering. It is VERY thick which makes it difficult for cutting out an image, but if you use dies or a trimmer, it's fine.
newlystamping is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off