Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spellbinders New Dies launch but not in the USA

Have just had a sneak peek at the new Spellbinders dies that will be released at CHA this year but they are already on sale in the UK.

Here's a look at the ornament and tree 2013 dies. I can't say they get me too excited this year.

I wonder why they chose to sell them somewhere first other than USA, they did this with the last 2 lots of dlites dies too, released them for sale in the uk weeks before they went on sale in the USA.

Buy Multibuy Set of 5 Spellbinders Dies from CreateAndCraft.tv
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Just had a look, I agree, not really exciting. The think I'm most amazed about, is that we got something before you, lol. Usually we wait weeks/months before something appears over here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naw, not exciting at all. After all the intricate designs these pale in comparison. We are spoiled.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

I think that the UK is being used as a test bed for the new dies. I got the original set but had so much trouble cutting them it drove me MAD. I should have sent them back, really, but I kept thinking I could work it out, ya know? Anyway, I said this when I blogged about it, that the UK is a BIG cardmaking market, but not as big as the USA. So, if Spellbinders came out with a new, as yet untested version of their dies, why would they offer it first to their biggest market and risk a huge backlash if they aren't up to scratch? Better to test in in a big (but smaller) market like the UK so they can identify any issues, make any corrections to the manufacturing process, THEN debut them in their biggest market, the USA.

It certainly taught me to avoid the debut items. I like the idea of being on the cutting edge, so to speak, which I kinda gave up on when we moved here, so seeing something brand new in the UK first was too tempting. Cutting edge, yes, BLEEDING edge? no thank you, never again.

And waving Hi to my WOYWW mate Shaz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukmaryanneView Post
I think that the UK is being used as a test bed for the new dies. I got the original set but had so much trouble cutting them it drove me MAD. I should have sent them back, really, but I kept thinking I could work it out, ya know? Anyway, I said this when I blogged about it, that the UK is a BIG cardmaking market, but not as big as the USA. So, if Spellbinders came out with a new, as yet untested version of their dies, why would they offer it first to their biggest market and risk a huge backlash if they aren't up to scratch? Better to test in in a big (but smaller) market like the UK so they can identify any issues, make any corrections to the manufacturing process, THEN debut them in their biggest market, the USA.
I'm here in the US, and that was exactly my first thought when I heard about these UK launches. Enthusiastic customer base, but a smaller one than North America, can communicate in the same language that the company uses, import restrictions between the US and UK aren't too onerous, etc. From the perspective of the business, it's a smart idea, but it's not much fun if you're the user of a new product that needs the "bugs worked out". I grew up in the Detroit area and I know that Ford used to use the UK auto market to test out new features and designs in much the same way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2013, 08:26 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Not the smartest of moves, I think. Here in the UK, customers are not very forgiving of faulty product! They will find we are peeved enough at having difficulty getting products as it is, and ordering from the USA, although not difficult, can be costly shipping wise, also we have a limit as to how high the value of a thing can be before we get charged import tax! Why on earth not have a Trial Panel, where they can try out their product with crafters, without annoying customers either side of the pond? I think this sort of thing, no matter which of us is being used as guinea pigs, shows a certain contempt for the customer- they want our cash, AND for us to do their trialing for them- show us a little respect, Spellbinders, after all, you are not the only maker in the market, are you?
Waving hi back at you UKmaryanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

HI Friends,

This is certainly a lively discussion and we absolutely welcome discussions like these. First off… we want you to know that we absolutely love, respect and appreciate all of our customers.

Since the launch of Die D-Lites in September of 2012… we have been very happy to showcase this line both in the UK and all around the world. Spellbinders has been releasing Die D-Lites on an exclusive basis through Create and Craft for a controlled and short period of time. This by NO means makes the UK a test market. It’s purely a business decision.

Spellbinders does NOT go to market with product that hasn’t been tested both within our product development team, as well as among a focus group of experienced crafters. Before the product is packaged and hits the shelf… we make sure that it performs as it is supposed to. We test it across multiple machines, using different weights of paper and different types media. Should one of our customers come across a die that doesn’t cut as it should… we ask that they return the die to us for testing in the case that it was a one off anomaly. We then replace the faulty die with one that we test again in house to make sure that it meets our high standards of quality.

All of our dies can be purchased from an array of global Internet retailers as well as brick and mortar stores. Quality and service are always at the forefront of what Spellbinders is known for and will remain our primary focus as we continue to release new and innovative products. Should you have any further questions on this topic, I welcome you to contact me personally at [email protected] and I will do my very best to see that you are a happy Spellbinders community member.

Kelly Loubet
Social Media and Community Developer
Spellbinders Paper Arts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly@SpellbindersView Post
HI Friends,

Spellbinders has been releasing Die D-Lites on an exclusive basis through Create and Craft for a controlled and short period of time. This by NO means makes the UK a test market. It’s purely a business decision.

Kelly Loubet
Spellbinders Paper Arts
May I ask what the thinking was behind this business decision to make the last few exclusive world launches of your new dies somewhere other than your own home country?

There does seem to have been problems with the latest ones

I've just read this thread
Spellbinder dies cut terrible by snoangel at Splitcoaststampers

in particular this quote

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedom99View Post
I found a post on a uk forum saying that there is a problem with 6 of the new d-lites dies and no more is being sold until they are remade. I can't find the web there said they read it on as they were not allowed to say the name on the forum.

Has anyone heard of this? Thank you

And I'm with you guys its getting a bit much the wax paper works for me but some of the dies in the latest release are taking 4 passes to cut.

Last edited by CandyStripe; 07-02-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandyStripeView Post
May I ask what the thinking was behind this business decision to make the last few exclusive world launches of your new dies somewhere other than your own home country?

There does seem to have been problems with the latest ones

I've just read this thread
Spellbinder dies cut terrible by snoangel at Splitcoaststampers

in particular this quote
Hi CandyStripe,

Thank you for your question. First, there is no truth in the rumor that production has stopped until the dies have been remade. We don't put products out to market until they are thoroughly tested. Occasionally, a consumer runs across an anomaly and we've rectified the problems in a very timely manner. As with any forum... people come to find solutions to problems they may be having. We welcome this and make all attempts to make these situations right. We are proud members of the Splitcoast Community and enjoy being a part of the discussions here.

Secondly, to answer your question... By launching through the popular Create and Craft TV show with a short, exclusive period... we have found that it creates a huge excitement and build up to the worldwide launch. And that is the reasoning behind recent exclusivity periods.

Again, I'm happy to be a personal resource to any community member with questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Kelly Loubet
Spellbinders Paper Arts
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly@SpellbindersView Post
Hi CandyStripe,

Secondly, to answer your question... By launching through the popular Create and Craft TV show with a short, exclusive period... we have found that it creates a huge excitement and build up to the worldwide launch. And that is the reasoning behind recent exclusivity periods.

Again, I'm happy to be a personal resource to any community member with questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Kelly Loubet
Spellbinders Paper Arts
Thank you Kelly for being here to answer our questions personally

It's great that you are creating huge excitement in the uk by giving exclusive rights to buy your dies weeks ahead of your customers in the usa you must be very popular with the people in the uk

But maybe this leave the usa feeling a little left out and not really caught up in all your excitement just getting the dies at the same time as the rest of the world when others have had them for weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes