Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #681
Cardstock Collector

Charlene thank you so much!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #682
Glitter Queen

Help...... is there any special ways for removing dies from packaging..... I have tried to remove the tape or slide my paddle under the die but sometimes they are so stuck, that the die itself, has caused the die to bend...... I notice this when I go to use the die it has spots that don't want to cut....... is there any suggestions
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #683
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOlds View Post
Help...... is there any special ways for removing dies from packaging..... I have tried to remove the tape or slide my paddle under the die but sometimes they are so stuck, that the die itself, has caused the die to bend...... I notice this when I go to use the die it has spots that don't want to cut....... is there any suggestions
The way I do it I think prevents the dies from bending.

I cut the plastic packaging. I remove the dies on the display board that they are taped to.
There is always a section that is NOT taped down . After I locate that I lay the whole thing down on the table with the dies down on the table . The front of the display board is facing up toward me .

I lift the display board and put my entire hand on the the dies and hold them firmly as I remove the display board from the dies .

I don't remove the dies from the display board I do it the other way around. I remover the display board from the dies .

If there is tape remaining on the dies I carefully remove the tape while hold the dies flat on the table.

If any adhesive residue remains on the dies I use Undu to remove it .

What ever you pull on will bend . I prefer the display board to bend not the dies .

I hope this makes sense .
Barbara

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 01-13-2014 at 10:25 PM..
Old 01-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #684
Cardstock Collector

I would like to use the Sizzix scallop pop up insert die in the purple Wizard. Not only does the edge cut, but the crease lines are cutting as well. I do have a crease pad, but can't seem to get the right combination to make this work. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 01-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #685
Glitter Queen

Hi! does anyone know why there are two notches on each of the Spellbinders A2 Curved Borders One dies?
Thanks, Jennie.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:36 AM   #686
Cardstock Collector

Hi Lady Boz'

The notches are alignment indictors so that the curve can be centered. I think the outer ones are for the card base and the inner ones are for a slightly smaller layer.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #687
Crimping Master

I have a question about the matting dies I cannot find anything that shows JUST the A set or JUST the B set...is there anything out there showing how these look if you only have the one set? Does anyone have a picture in the gallery of a card made only using one of these sets? And if not...does anyone have anything comparing the matting dies to the rectangle or even the long rectangle dies? So confusing Thanks!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:58 PM   #688
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMel2 View Post
I have a question about the matting dies I cannot find anything that shows JUST the A set or JUST the B set...is there anything out there showing how these look if you only have the one set? Does anyone have a picture in the gallery of a card made only using one of these sets? And if not...does anyone have anything comparing the matting dies to the rectangle or even the long rectangle dies? So confusing Thanks!
For a long time I only had the Matting Basics B and I used those on regular cards as a layer. The difference with these dies and the rectangles is the Matting Basics dies are proportioned exactly with the A2 size card (each going down in size by 1/4").

The rectangles are similar in shape, but in different dimensions. And the Long Rectangles are similar in shape, but really stretched out. Does that make sense?
Old 01-24-2014, 03:07 PM   #689
Crimping Master

Thanks, Michelle! So, no matter which set I buy, they will go down by 1/4"...right? I don't need both sets to have a 1/4" change in layer?

Edited: Here is where my measuring skills fail me. My A2 card is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2. To me, and when I layer my cards, I then go down 1/4" to 4 x 5 1/4. Next layer down is 2 3/4 x 5

When I look at the measurements for both the A set and the B set, neither of those measurements match what I consider to be 1/4" increments. Help please?

Last edited by CraftyMel2; 01-24-2014 at 03:17 PM..
Old 01-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #690
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Thanks, Michelle! So, no matter which set I buy, they will go down by 1/4"...right? I don't need both sets to have a 1/4" change in layer?
Yes with 1 set they go down 1/2" in size, so when they are cut and layered on each other the paper has a 1/4" border all around.

Then with 2 sets such as combining the LG and SM sizes or matting basics A and B- they go down 1/4" in size, so when they are layered the paper has a 1/8" border all around.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #691
Crimping Master

HA! I think I see it now. I am going down 1/4" but my borders are 1/8"...so for the way that I like my borders to be, I would need both sets. I think I see it now. Thanks!!!
sf9erfan likes this post.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:28 PM   #692
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
HA! I think I see it now. I am going down 1/4" but my borders are 1/8"...so for the way that I like my borders to be, I would need both sets. I think I see it now. Thanks!!!
I agree, I much prefer the 1/8" borders myself. So I have both sets for all my shapes. Good thing Cut At Home has monthly coupons!! Until I made the team, that's how I built up my stash!
Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 AM   #693
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi!
I just joined the world of Spellbinders. JoAnn's has them all on sale again, so I bought six of the Nestabilities sets.
I figured out a way to store them. I put them in old CD cases I use for clear stamps. I dug out my old Xyron 9" system that isn't support anymore and I rolled out some of the magnetic laminate and trimmed it to fit inside the case. The dies stick to the magnetic sheet so they don't slip out of the CD case, yeah...
I do have the tan mat. I picked up the magnetic sheet that goes through the cutting process. It's thin, like the tan mat. Can it be used in a cuttlebug? What is a good sandwich for this process???

Thanks
Old 03-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #694
Compulsive Stamper

Heart Spellbinders for cheap

Has anyone checked out the clearance Dies at Scrap-Mart.com?
'Good way to stock your stash for low $$...
sf9erfan likes this post.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #695
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugstamper2 View Post
Hi!
I just joined the world of Spellbinders. JoAnn's has them all on sale again, so I bought six of the Nestabilities sets.
I figured out a way to store them. I put them in old CD cases I use for clear stamps. I dug out my old Xyron 9" system that isn't support anymore and I rolled out some of the magnetic laminate and trimmed it to fit inside the case. The dies stick to the magnetic sheet so they don't slip out of the CD case, yeah...
I do have the tan mat. I picked up the magnetic sheet that goes through the cutting process. It's thin, like the tan mat. Can it be used in a cuttlebug? What is a good sandwich for this process???

Thanks
You can find all the "sandwiches" for all the machines out there on the Spellbinders website. They have info for the Cuttlebug as well.
Click into their "How To" tab, then into the "Product Instructions" tab. They have several PDFs you can open depending on what you need.

Here is the link:
Product Instructions & User Guides | Spellbinders

Go about 1/2 way down and you'll see Spellbinders Die Compatibility Chart.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #696
Glitter Queen

Smile wizzard

Hi everyone please can you tell me where i can get the spellbinders charm embossing kit.
many thanks
michele