Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 07:33 PM   #1201
Compulsive Stamper

It did that to me and I plug it in and it was ok.....I figured it didn't have enough power on its own to finish the cut. Another thing is maybe you need to re-calibrate it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-29-2014, 07:50 AM   #1202
Rubber Obsessor

I'm sure someone has already posted a similar review but I may have missed it...I got the Slice because it was "NEW" and I'm a sucker for toys! LOL I got to say it's not my all time favorite but it does the job. I just so happen to have a summer home that I goe to frequentely during the summer and the Slice is a perfect size to keep up at the cabin for when I get a little inspiration. I'm a card maker for the max 4" cuts are ok for me but I could see how a Scrapper might want something a little bigger. I do not regret the purchase.

MY BLOG...Ladyslipperway.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2014, 08:05 AM   #1203
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenanddennis View Post
thanks for the replies guys. but I have so many other ways to cut shapes & letters I just don't want the hassle w/ it. but the cards do have some useful pics I wouldn't mind using. That's why I'm wondering is there is any other machine (not a Slice of any kind) that I could use these cards with. Or if anyone knows where/how I would search for that. I'm really at a loss. thanks again for the help.
I too would be interested to know if the SD cards for Slice can be used in other machines. My Slice still works so I'm not getting rid of them yet but if they have multiple uses that would be a plus. I hope someone re-picks up this thread with some new info.

Old 05-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #1204
Crimping Master

I'm still using my Slice and when it doesn't work, that usually means that it's been unplugged for a long period of time. I need to keep it plugged in for 24hrs before using it again. Usually, I just keep it plugged in all the time unless I'm taking it with me somewhere.

A little FYI, I just received a 50% off coupon from Slice for the fabric machine which takes it down to $75! AND the description does say that it works with ALL Slice design cards and accessories. Check it out. I'm definitely thinking about it.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #1205
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOBBYSUE View Post
I too would be interested to know if the SD cards for Slice can be used in other machines. My Slice still works so I'm not getting rid of them yet but if they have multiple uses that would be a plus. I hope someone re-picks up this thread with some new info.
The Slice SD cards cannot be read on non-Slice machines, such as the Silhouette Cameo or the Brother ScanNCut machines.

Ian
Old 05-30-2014, 04:18 AM   #1206
Crimping Master

Thank you, Ian, for letting us know that the SD cards can not be used in other non-Slice machines.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #1207
Rubber Obsessor

hmm. thinking now if I need a slice or just go with my original plan of trading or selling the 2 design cards I was given in a box of treasure from a friend that is moving . life can always move someone but it can never take the friendship and bond we make in life ...I did noticed yes it can be much cheaper then cartridges depending on if your into new or used.. I looked up the designed cards I have and looks as if 1 is a hard find and the other or both is discontinued. unless I searched wrong but amazon list 1 @ $ 55 and the other about $19+..now that I have saw some comments in the earlier threads please help my addiction and tell me stick with my original plan to sell or trade it because I need another cutter like I need a hole in my head lol
Old 07-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #1208
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
hmm. thinking now if I need a slice or just go with my original plan of trading or selling the 2 design cards I was given in a box of treasure from a friend that is moving . life can always move someone but it can never take the friendship and bond we make in life ...I did noticed yes it can be much cheaper then cartridges depending on if your into new or used.. I looked up the designed cards I have and looks as if 1 is a hard find and the other or both is discontinued. unless I searched wrong but amazon list 1 @ $ 55 and the other about $19+..now that I have saw some comments in the earlier threads please help my addiction and tell me stick with my original plan to sell or trade it because I need another cutter like I need a hole in my head lol
I would stick with your original plan. First of all it seems like the Michaels, Johanns, and Hobby Lobbys here don't even sell the slice or it's design cards so it may be difficult to get what you want if you need it right away. Second you can only cut 1 image at a time and only as large as 4". Altho I have the Slice and would not get rid of it or the 9 design cards I have I do find that I rarely go use it. If you already have some sort of die cut machine I think you could do without the Slice. Just my opinion tho.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:45 PM   #1209
Rubber Obsessor

Mahalo, we don't even have any of those stores. you believe that? what are they thinking? lol probably why the go to craft store here for many years can always be priced so high. most of the times when I talk to anyone that shops there they say they wait for the % off coupons. again mahalo . looks like Basics3 & Falala is most likely going up for trade or sale.

Last edited by Hawaiian; 07-14-2014 at 08:48 PM..
Old 12-12-2014, 10:32 PM   #1210
Glitter Queen

Send a message via AIM to oneamous Send a message via Skype™ to oneamous

I really want someone to come to our store and teach a Slice class!!
Old 12-13-2014, 05:29 PM   #1211
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamous View Post
I really want someone to come to our store and teach a Slice class!!
Where are you located Oneamous? Maybe someone could come to your store.