Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #921
Rubber Obsessor

If you have it and it doesn't work MM will take care of it......you just need to call the customer service number. It says there is a software compatibility issue....so I would think it is in the "card" not the machines.

I had my Basics 1 card just quit working...I contacted MM and they sent me a new one and it works fine.

Don't worry too much, either way, you will be taken care of..you may just have to wait to play with the card. BUT if you do get it, I would try it and just see if it works.....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #922
Forum Fanatic

I took a class at Impress from the Making Memories folks and the Noel cartridge worked just fine for all of us. There were 2 classes and I know probably 40 people in each class. We each had our own Slice machine and cartridge to use. I would guess the Noel cartridge is not included in this issue.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #923
Glitter Queen

Well that's a relief! I literally just got Noel TODAY. (It came in the mail after I bought it last week on Ebay.)

I haven't tried to play with it yet though as I'm knee-deep in making Halloween cards. I will have to make sure that it works though as I plan to start on Christmas pretty soon.

http://thisdmnhouse.blogspot.com
Old 09-25-2010, 05:44 AM   #924
Hardware Hotshot

I have some of the new cards. I haven't tried them out yet. I'll at least put them in today and run through all the menus to make sure they work.

I had to send Paws & Claws back a few weeks ago and was told it was a known issue, so I know these things happen (bad batches of cards).
Old 09-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #925
Cardstock Collector

Hi all
Not sure if this is the right place for my request for help - let me know if not lol

I just got my first MS+ card today - the lovely Vintage one and I'm dying to play with it BUT it gave me an error when it was updating and I can't get the card to work at all. My old ones work fine, it's just the new MS+ that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

I tried submitting a ticket on the website but it says I haven't registered, even tho I know I have.

Thanks
Linden
Old 09-26-2010, 12:47 PM   #926
Hardware Hotshot

Linden, call them. There is a phone number on their website, and they are very helpful.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #927
Hardware Hotshot

ya know, I'm gettin LAZY. I love my Slice and all, but on Mother's Day my husband took me shopping at Michael's with the kids, and I wanted to buy whatever...quickly. I didn't want him to spend enough for a new design card, so I ended up finding a bunch of great alphabet stickers. I've been using them for cards and scrapbook pages, to the point where I think it takes a frustrating amount of time to cut out a title using my Slice!
It doesn't help that I'm completely addicted to die cut machines, and I keep seeing more that I love. I eagerly awaited the ecraft release, looked heavily into the Silhouette SD, then got bit by the Cricut bug when I saw what my friend's Gypsy could do. What's WRONG with me?? I wonder if it's a hormonal imbalance, or a glandular disorder of some kind?
Seriously, it's probably just having the inconvenience of my broken finger slowing me down, but I do really want the Cricut Create with a Gypsy!! I really do!! (hiding my face in shame at my greediness!)
Old 09-27-2010, 05:14 AM   #928
Glitter Queen

If you have to send a card back, do you have to have all of the original packaging? I sure hope not!

I don't need to send one back at the moment (and crossing fingers that I will never need to), but I have already unpackaged my first dozen design cards and deposited the cards and booklets into my case. My three latest purchases, however, are still boxed up at the moment.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:22 AM   #929
Hardware Hotshot

When I sent back Paws & Claws, I was told to just send back the card in the plastic protective case. I received a new card in the plastic case and the index pamphlet.

Some folks have received extra goodies to compensate for the shipping expense, but I didn't get anything extra. It cost less than a dollar to send the card back, though, so it's not a big deal.

MM will tell you to put "non-machineable" on the envelope. I tried that and the first envelope came back to me (was returned) all mangled. For my second attempt, I put the card in a bubble envelope and it made it to MM. The replacement card sent by MM did make it to me without any problems in a regular envelope with "non-machineable" hand-written on it. I guess it's in the lap of the gods once you mail that envelope, no matter what you put on it.

Last edited by TheOtherMeg; 09-27-2010 at 05:29 AM..
Old 09-27-2010, 05:27 AM   #930
Hardware Hotshot

Erin, the Gypsy is so cool! I held out for months because I have DS on a laptop and 3 Jukeboxes and figured I was covered for designing on the go, but I was so wrong! Not only is designing a breeze, but not messing with carts is awesome.

I'm not nearly as handy with it as some of the Cricut experts, but just being able to place all my cuts (from any number number of carts) on the virtual mat, and then placing my colored/patterned paper in the coordinating place on the real (cutting) mat, has saved me a ton of time and paper.

Welding and turning letters is a snap, too. I thought the tiny screen would drive me nuts, but the zoom feature works well.

I'll enable you even further and say skip the Create and go for the Expression. There are a lot of designs for envelopes, bags, and boxes that won't cut large enough on the Create or the Original (Baby) Bug.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 AM   #931
Rubber Obsessor

Default Which cards are you going to sell?

Hi Thisdmnhouse,

Just curious. Which of the design cards, that you are getting that you have, are you going to sell.

Please send us a list of those and what you will be asking for them. Then, we can see what we would like to get and let you know.

Thanks for offering to sell some.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #932
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the interest, Alicesue. I will have about 18-20 in all. Currently selling only one on eBay to get myself started.

Not sure i'm supposed to list 'em out in a thread on this forum. (I think that violates the rules.) I know there's a selling forum here but I've not read all the rules for selling stuff here yet.

Since I only just joined the forum, I'd hate to get kicked out in my first week or two! I'll figure it out and get back to you.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #933
Stazon Splitcoast

did anyone buy their slice from here:
https://www.buymyslice.com/index.asp#f
Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #934
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatingisfun View Post
Nope - I got mine at ABC Toys & Crafts. Amazing service!! Hope this helps!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #935
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novell View Post
I took a class at Impress from the Making Memories folks and the Noel cartridge worked just fine for all of us. There were 2 classes and I know probably 40 people in each class. We each had our own Slice machine and cartridge to use. I would guess the Noel cartridge is not included in this issue.
Yay! Thanks, Novelle! I haven't received mine yet, but it should be here in the next day or so. So excited to play with it!

Old 09-29-2010, 05:45 PM   #936
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatingisfun View Post
You have to pay $250.00 when all is said and done, not a deal to me.

I got mine from ABC Toys and Crafts Too.

They have a discount Code that ends tomorrow that give you 20% off and there is FREE Shipping over $75.00. The Code I used is ABC20JC.

They have very fast shipping as well...it only took 3 days to receive after I ordered.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #937
Glitter Queen

Default Replacement Slice

I just got a parcel and it was my replacement Slice!!!!

Can't wait to try out it!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:37 PM   #938
Crimping Master

Just wanted to let people know, in case you didn't, that Slice carts are on sale this week at Michaels for 40% off. Almost bought one and didn't...might go back and pick it up later. I'm so weak!

http://creativelyjen.blogspot.com/
Old 10-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #939
Matboard Maniac

Hi there!
Does anyone know if the New Slice Elite is out yet? Also, does anyone know if the new machine with use the same blade as the original? I know it is supposed to cut thicker materials but I did not know if that meant using the same blade and the machine will "make" it cut deeper, or if it was going to require new, different, deeper, blades.
Thanks everyone,
Valerie
Old 10-06-2010, 05:54 AM   #940
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnval View Post
Hi there!
Does anyone know if the New Slice Elite is out yet? Also, does anyone know if the new machine with use the same blade as the original? I know it is supposed to cut thicker materials but I did not know if that meant using the same blade and the machine will "make" it cut deeper, or if it was going to require new, different, deeper, blades.
Thanks everyone,
Valerie
I'm curious about this, too. In some ways, I wish I'd waited -- especially since the new bags are SO much better looking than the originals!

Old 10-09-2010, 05:31 AM   #941
Cardstock Collector

Hello, I am new to the site, and was so excited to find this thread(?). I was referred to this site for some info and ideas to get started with stamping and I found all these great Slice tips. I got my Slice for Christmas last year and have not had a lot of time to use it. Well after reading through this I pulled out my Slice yesterday to play. I had bought some new cards and the Hands Free Mat a while ago and I hadn't even used it yet. Well I had so much fun and was going to make some Halloween cards then the phone rang and we are now getting company for the weekend so I had to pack everything up again as my scrappy place is in the guest room.
Well I just wanted to thank you for renewing my love of my Slice and I will continue to follow along and hopefully share some day.
I buy most of my Slice stuff at Michaels as the Slice stuff goes on sale there every month or so. It was actually on sale this week, which ends today. I may have to sneak over before the day ends to see what new accessories they have.

Geralyn
Old 10-09-2010, 09:31 AM   #942
Hardware Hotshot

Welcome Geralyn! So glad you found us.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #943
Glitter Queen

I have some design cards (new in package, though the packages are a little distressed) for sale on the BST thread if anyone is interested! Thanks.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:44 AM   #944
Cardstock Collector

Default Slice Elite

Has anyone gotten their Slice Elite yet? I placed my order in Mid August and am still waiting. Are the new Slice Elite available anywhere yet?
Old 10-16-2010, 07:46 AM   #945
Hardware Hotshot

How much are slice cards at Hobby Lobby when they go on sale? I got a $35 gift card for an early birthday present when we saw my mom and dad this weekend, and I can't wait to buy a new card. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #946
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry View Post
Has anyone gotten their Slice Elite yet? I placed my order in Mid August and am still waiting. Are the new Slice Elite available anywhere yet?
www.scrapmart.com has the pink one available now - the blue one is still a preorder item.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:28 AM   #947
Cardstock Collector

I have not seen the Slice Elite in the stores yet and all the websites say it is still a pre order and will be shipping this month sometime. Let us know how you like it when it arrives.

We don't have a Hobby Lobby locally but you may be able to check their website.

Last edited by GeriNY; 10-16-2010 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Add on comment
Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #948
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a slice now
bought now I want so many design cards!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #949
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Geri. I don't think they post it in advance, but I thought if somebody already had Sunday's paper (usually come out on Saturday here...) I thought they might know. I'll get the e-mail in the morning, I was just eager/impatient.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #950
Insane Embellisher

I had just bought the new pink version, so I'm not going to be buying the Elite anytime soon. Let us know how you like it though.....

I did get the Noel DC and it's really cool. I like the added feature of the layering. Think I'll try it this weekend.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #951
Pearl-ExPert

evening ladies! Just wanted to share that I am selling my Slice and design cards/accessories on my BST. If anyone is interested, you can PM me.

I love my Slice, but I needed something that I could cut faster and more then one at a time, so I upgraded. I'd love to find my Slice and it's goodies a new home where they will be loved!!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:35 AM   #952
Cardstock Collector

Just saw the Michael's flyer and the Slice machinenand accessories are all 30% off this week. All Sizzix and Cuttlebug also on sale.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #953
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriNY View Post
Just saw the Michael's flyer and the Slice machinenand accessories are all 30% off this week. All Sizzix and Cuttlebug also on sale.
Drat! It's too bad they don't take Hobby Lobby gift cards, because that's what I have! I already checked the Hobby Lobby ad for this week, and they aren't on sale. Maybe I'll get lucky, and it'll be on sale NEXT Sunday...my actual birthday! My dad would like that...having to wait to get my present!
Old 10-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #954
Matboard Maniac

I just absolutely love my slice. I finally finished my post on my blog about cutting fabric with the slice. I had to do so for my grand-daughters quilt. The Slice cut was perfect and not a single pull of thread. I also used the hands-free mat with the Slice when I cut the fabric.

I remember years ago all the hand cutting of appliques when my kids were little. Loved decorating sweatshirts for them for the holidays. Oh my, this season is going to be a blast with the grandkids!

If anybody is thinking about the hands-free, it's WONDERFUL!

I don't think I will ever cut without it again, it has made my Slice whole.

Cutting Fabric Appliques & Hands Free
Old 10-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #955
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments View Post
I just absolutely love my slice. I finally finished my post on my blog about cutting fabric with the slice. I had to do so for my grand-daughters quilt. The Slice cut was perfect and not a single pull of thread. I also used the hands-free mat with the Slice when I cut the fabric.

I remember years ago all the hand cutting of appliques when my kids were little. Loved decorating sweatshirts for them for the holidays. Oh my, this season is going to be a blast with the grandkids!

If anybody is thinking about the hands-free, it's WONDERFUL!

I don't think I will ever cut without it again, it has made my Slice whole.

Cutting Fabric Appliques & Hands Free
Penny, I love your quilt! What's the quilt in a day method? I'm not a sewer, but I've always wanted to make a quilt, but it is so complicated. I've often wondered if I learned some sewing machine basics if I could make a quilt.
Is the Slice stuff for fabric the same stuff they sell in the fabric dept? My stepmom asked me when I was showing her the Slice display in the store. I didn't know, but I figured I'd find out.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #956
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin in Okc View Post
Penny, I love your quilt! What's the quilt in a day method? I'm not a sewer, but I've always wanted to make a quilt, but it is so complicated. I've often wondered if I learned some sewing machine basics if I could make a quilt.
Is the Slice stuff for fabric the same stuff they sell in the fabric dept? My stepmom asked me when I was showing her the Slice display in the store. I didn't know, but I figured I'd find out.
I didn't use any Slice special product for cutting the appliques. It's that wonder-under, fusible webbing, etc. (goes by many names). I bought it either at JoAnn Fabrics or Walmart sewing section.

Google 'Quilt in a day Eleanor Burns' and you'll get a ton of information. I recently went to the quilting/sewing store and they still have her book for sale. Mine was printed back in 1986, they did have a newer version

Also, this seems to be her site Quiltinaday.com

You can actually complete a quilt top in a day and I can't explain it through type. Her book is excellent and walks you through the process step by step.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 AM   #957
Die Cut Diva

Okay, so just what will the Slice Elite do? Cut thicker materials I know, but how much thicker? What other cool things can it do that my current Slice can't? How much bigger/heavier is it? I'm assuming it will use the same cartridges, but will it use both the MS+ and the original? Will it go with the current hands-free mat?
Old 10-25-2010, 05:07 AM   #958
Die Cut Diva

Okay, it does go with all the design cards (not just the MS+). Also, it doesn't shed a whole lot of light on the subject, but this is from the Making Memories blog: Making Memories: The NEW Slice Elite

It says the Elite will cut through materials "up to twice as thick." Sounds pretty ambiguous. How is it on vellum; does it cut deeply enough for thin chipboard, or just extra thick cardstock?

It also says "cuts 40% faster." Does that mean faster than originally or faster than after the MS+ power boost? Does anyone know?
Old 10-25-2010, 05:14 AM   #959
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, Binx. I have a Slice but am really trying to justify the Elite. If the Elite really is a better machine, I'll give my original Slice to one of my kids and get myself an Elite.

And I'll keep hoping that MM releases a 12" format machine that will take all the existing design cards! MM has the best designers. I like their cuts a LOT better than the eCraft, the Cricut, and (sad to say, since I absolutely adore Sizzix) the eClips.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #960
Compulsive Stamper

I have had so much trouble with my Slice breaking down -- I've been through 2 now and Making Memories won't replace the second one. I am worried that if I buy the Elite, I'll go through all of this again. I really should just get a Cricut, but I've spent so much on Slice cards and accessories, so I don't know what to do! Is anyone else having these problems?