Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 AM   #881
Glitter Queen

If you have to send a card back, do you have to have all of the original packaging? I sure hope not!

I don't need to send one back at the moment (and crossing fingers that I will never need to), but I have already unpackaged my first dozen design cards and deposited the cards and booklets into my case. My three latest purchases, however, are still boxed up at the moment.

http://thisdmnhouse.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:29 AM   #882
Rubber Obsessor

Default Which cards are you going to sell?

Hi Thisdmnhouse,

Just curious. Which of the design cards, that you are getting that you have, are you going to sell.

Please send us a list of those and what you will be asking for them. Then, we can see what we would like to get and let you know.

Thanks for offering to sell some.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #883
Glitter Queen

Thanks for the interest, Alicesue. I will have about 18-20 in all. Currently selling only one on eBay to get myself started.

Not sure i'm supposed to list 'em out in a thread on this forum. (I think that violates the rules.) I know there's a selling forum here but I've not read all the rules for selling stuff here yet.

Since I only just joined the forum, I'd hate to get kicked out in my first week or two! I'll figure it out and get back to you.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:39 AM   #884
Stazon Splitcoast

did anyone buy their slice from here:
https://www.buymyslice.com/index.asp#f
Old 09-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #885
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatingisfun View Post
Nope - I got mine at ABC Toys & Crafts. Amazing service!! Hope this helps!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #886
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novell View Post
I took a class at Impress from the Making Memories folks and the Noel cartridge worked just fine for all of us. There were 2 classes and I know probably 40 people in each class. We each had our own Slice machine and cartridge to use. I would guess the Noel cartridge is not included in this issue.
Yay! Thanks, Novelle! I haven't received mine yet, but it should be here in the next day or so. So excited to play with it!

Old 09-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #887
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by creatingisfun View Post
You have to pay $250.00 when all is said and done, not a deal to me.

I got mine from ABC Toys and Crafts Too.

They have a discount Code that ends tomorrow that give you 20% off and there is FREE Shipping over $75.00. The Code I used is ABC20JC.

They have very fast shipping as well...it only took 3 days to receive after I ordered.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #888
Glitter Queen

Default Replacement Slice

I just got a parcel and it was my replacement Slice!!!!

Can't wait to try out it!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #889
Pearl-ExPert

Just wanted to let people know, in case you didn't, that Slice carts are on sale this week at Michaels for 40% off. Almost bought one and didn't...might go back and pick it up later. I'm so weak!

http://creativelyjen.blogspot.com/
Old 10-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #890
Matboard Maniac

Hi there!
Does anyone know if the New Slice Elite is out yet? Also, does anyone know if the new machine with use the same blade as the original? I know it is supposed to cut thicker materials but I did not know if that meant using the same blade and the machine will "make" it cut deeper, or if it was going to require new, different, deeper, blades.
Thanks everyone,
Valerie
Old 10-06-2010, 06:54 AM   #891
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnval View Post
Hi there!
Does anyone know if the New Slice Elite is out yet? Also, does anyone know if the new machine with use the same blade as the original? I know it is supposed to cut thicker materials but I did not know if that meant using the same blade and the machine will "make" it cut deeper, or if it was going to require new, different, deeper, blades.
Thanks everyone,
Valerie
I'm curious about this, too. In some ways, I wish I'd waited -- especially since the new bags are SO much better looking than the originals!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:31 AM   #892
Cardstock Collector

Hello, I am new to the site, and was so excited to find this thread(?). I was referred to this site for some info and ideas to get started with stamping and I found all these great Slice tips. I got my Slice for Christmas last year and have not had a lot of time to use it. Well after reading through this I pulled out my Slice yesterday to play. I had bought some new cards and the Hands Free Mat a while ago and I hadn't even used it yet. Well I had so much fun and was going to make some Halloween cards then the phone rang and we are now getting company for the weekend so I had to pack everything up again as my scrappy place is in the guest room.
Well I just wanted to thank you for renewing my love of my Slice and I will continue to follow along and hopefully share some day.
I buy most of my Slice stuff at Michaels as the Slice stuff goes on sale there every month or so. It was actually on sale this week, which ends today. I may have to sneak over before the day ends to see what new accessories they have.

Geralyn
Old 10-09-2010, 10:31 AM   #893
Hardware Hotshot

Welcome Geralyn! So glad you found us.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #894
Glitter Queen

I have some design cards (new in package, though the packages are a little distressed) for sale on the BST thread if anyone is interested! Thanks.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #895
Cardstock Collector

Default Slice Elite

Has anyone gotten their Slice Elite yet? I placed my order in Mid August and am still waiting. Are the new Slice Elite available anywhere yet?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:46 AM   #896
Hardware Hotshot

How much are slice cards at Hobby Lobby when they go on sale? I got a $35 gift card for an early birthday present when we saw my mom and dad this weekend, and I can't wait to buy a new card. Thanks!
Old 10-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #897
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenry View Post
Has anyone gotten their Slice Elite yet? I placed my order in Mid August and am still waiting. Are the new Slice Elite available anywhere yet?
www.scrapmart.com has the pink one available now - the blue one is still a preorder item.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #898
Cardstock Collector

I have not seen the Slice Elite in the stores yet and all the websites say it is still a pre order and will be shipping this month sometime. Let us know how you like it when it arrives.

We don't have a Hobby Lobby locally but you may be able to check their website.

Last edited by GeriNY; 10-16-2010 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: Add on comment
Old 10-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #899
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a slice now
bought now I want so many design cards!
Old 10-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #900
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks Geri. I don't think they post it in advance, but I thought if somebody already had Sunday's paper (usually come out on Saturday here...) I thought they might know. I'll get the e-mail in the morning, I was just eager/impatient.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:06 PM   #901
Insane Embellisher

I had just bought the new pink version, so I'm not going to be buying the Elite anytime soon. Let us know how you like it though.....

I did get the Noel DC and it's really cool. I like the added feature of the layering. Think I'll try it this weekend.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #902
Pearl-ExPert

evening ladies! Just wanted to share that I am selling my Slice and design cards/accessories on my BST. If anyone is interested, you can PM me.

I love my Slice, but I needed something that I could cut faster and more then one at a time, so I upgraded. I'd love to find my Slice and it's goodies a new home where they will be loved!!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #903
Cardstock Collector

Just saw the Michael's flyer and the Slice machinenand accessories are all 30% off this week. All Sizzix and Cuttlebug also on sale.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #904
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriNY View Post
Just saw the Michael's flyer and the Slice machinenand accessories are all 30% off this week. All Sizzix and Cuttlebug also on sale.
Drat! It's too bad they don't take Hobby Lobby gift cards, because that's what I have! I already checked the Hobby Lobby ad for this week, and they aren't on sale. Maybe I'll get lucky, and it'll be on sale NEXT Sunday...my actual birthday! My dad would like that...having to wait to get my present!
Old 10-17-2010, 07:13 PM   #905
Matboard Maniac

I just absolutely love my slice. I finally finished my post on my blog about cutting fabric with the slice. I had to do so for my grand-daughters quilt. The Slice cut was perfect and not a single pull of thread. I also used the hands-free mat with the Slice when I cut the fabric.

I remember years ago all the hand cutting of appliques when my kids were little. Loved decorating sweatshirts for them for the holidays. Oh my, this season is going to be a blast with the grandkids!

If anybody is thinking about the hands-free, it's WONDERFUL!

I don't think I will ever cut without it again, it has made my Slice whole.

Cutting Fabric Appliques & Hands Free
Old 10-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #906
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments View Post
I just absolutely love my slice. I finally finished my post on my blog about cutting fabric with the slice. I had to do so for my grand-daughters quilt. The Slice cut was perfect and not a single pull of thread. I also used the hands-free mat with the Slice when I cut the fabric.

I remember years ago all the hand cutting of appliques when my kids were little. Loved decorating sweatshirts for them for the holidays. Oh my, this season is going to be a blast with the grandkids!

If anybody is thinking about the hands-free, it's WONDERFUL!

I don't think I will ever cut without it again, it has made my Slice whole.

Cutting Fabric Appliques & Hands Free
Penny, I love your quilt! What's the quilt in a day method? I'm not a sewer, but I've always wanted to make a quilt, but it is so complicated. I've often wondered if I learned some sewing machine basics if I could make a quilt.
Is the Slice stuff for fabric the same stuff they sell in the fabric dept? My stepmom asked me when I was showing her the Slice display in the store. I didn't know, but I figured I'd find out.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #907
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin in Okc View Post
Penny, I love your quilt! What's the quilt in a day method? I'm not a sewer, but I've always wanted to make a quilt, but it is so complicated. I've often wondered if I learned some sewing machine basics if I could make a quilt.
Is the Slice stuff for fabric the same stuff they sell in the fabric dept? My stepmom asked me when I was showing her the Slice display in the store. I didn't know, but I figured I'd find out.
I didn't use any Slice special product for cutting the appliques. It's that wonder-under, fusible webbing, etc. (goes by many names). I bought it either at JoAnn Fabrics or Walmart sewing section.

Google 'Quilt in a day Eleanor Burns' and you'll get a ton of information. I recently went to the quilting/sewing store and they still have her book for sale. Mine was printed back in 1986, they did have a newer version

Also, this seems to be her site Quiltinaday.com

You can actually complete a quilt top in a day and I can't explain it through type. Her book is excellent and walks you through the process step by step.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:58 AM   #908
Die Cut Diva

Okay, so just what will the Slice Elite do? Cut thicker materials I know, but how much thicker? What other cool things can it do that my current Slice can't? How much bigger/heavier is it? I'm assuming it will use the same cartridges, but will it use both the MS+ and the original? Will it go with the current hands-free mat?
Old 10-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #909
Die Cut Diva

Okay, it does go with all the design cards (not just the MS+). Also, it doesn't shed a whole lot of light on the subject, but this is from the Making Memories blog: Making Memories: The NEW Slice Elite

It says the Elite will cut through materials "up to twice as thick." Sounds pretty ambiguous. How is it on vellum; does it cut deeply enough for thin chipboard, or just extra thick cardstock?

It also says "cuts 40% faster." Does that mean faster than originally or faster than after the MS+ power boost? Does anyone know?
Old 10-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #910
Embossing Fanatic

I have had so much trouble with my Slice breaking down -- I've been through 2 now and Making Memories won't replace the second one. I am worried that if I buy the Elite, I'll go through all of this again. I really should just get a Cricut, but I've spent so much on Slice cards and accessories, so I don't know what to do! Is anyone else having these problems?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #911
Glitter Queen

Default Fabrique Slice

Hi Everyone

Has anyone else heard about this ?

PK
Old 10-31-2010, 10:46 AM   #912
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskitty View Post
Hi Everyone

Has anyone else heard about this ?

PK
No. I just saw it on their website yesterday. I want to say it's just a way to market the Slice to people who sew or quilt, but I don't know. It could be different from the regular Slice, but I don't see how.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #913
Hardware Hotshot

Default Hobby Lobby sale?

Does anybody know if there is a pattern to when Slice stuff goes on sale? I'm waiting (not quite as patiently as before!) for the Slice stuff to go on sale so that I can buy a new card with the gift card I got for my birthday. It's been three weeks now, and I'm really getting eager to spend it, but all I want is a new Slice card!
I noticed Cricut cartridges are on sale this week, so I was hoping maybe next week. But I say that each Sunday when I open the sales ad link. "Maybe next week!"
Old 11-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #914
Glitter Queen

Help!

My Slice machine won't turn off! Has anyone had this problem before? Do I just have to let it go flat?

Thanks
PK
Old 11-02-2010, 03:01 AM   #915
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, now I am officially frustrated. My Slice is cutting wonky again. Could any of you girls/guys give me a step by step troubleshooting guide or info?

I did the Google thing but all info is all over the place. I want to do try step by step. I would be so appreciative.

PrincessKitty- I am pretty sure the battery is drained down. Try recharging if that doesn't work let us know.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 11-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #916
Rubber Obsessor

Default Machine Troubles

Hi PrincessKitty,

If ever you have ANY difficulty with your SLICE machine, go to the Making Memories website and find the 1-800 number for your area. Call them and they will help you. They are really good and, if you need to send your machine in to them, they'll fix the problem or send you a new unit.

Hope that gives you some help.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #917
Embossing Fanatic

I disagree with you, Alicesue, on the part where you say that they will fix the problem or send a new unit. They have changed their policies. My Slice broke down, and they will NOT fix it because it was a new unit replacement and they won't honor the warranty, even though the replacement was only 10 months old. I do agree that they will do everything they can to troubleshoot with you, but if the machine is broken, they are not as willing to replace it anymore.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #918
Glitter Queen

Default RE: Slice

Hi

Yep I have already logged a ticket and heard back from MM, it appears to be a problem with the card reader, I hope I don't have to pay anything I've only had this replacement machine about a month and have used it twice, once when I first got it and last night, I have just sent off a reply asking what will have to happen and if I have to pay... from reading your posts I'm thinking the answer will be yes

It's getting to be very frustrating, tempted to just go back to using manual die cutting machines, I know that no machine is perfect but I just want something that works!

PK
Old 11-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #919
Glitter Queen

Default re:slice

Hi

I have just heard back from MM and I need to contact my local distributor, which I have just done so I'm still not sure if I have to pay, MM did say:

"You retailer should once again replace this unit since you have just received it as a replacement. While we do have the year policy, we do want you to have a working machine.

The retailer is not limited in the time in which they can receive a credit for the defective unit so this should not be an issue for them."

Fingers crossed I can get something sorted out!

PK
Old 11-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #920
Embossing Fanatic

Good luck, Princesskitty! Let us know how it works out!!