Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #761
Matboard Maniac

Hi ladies!!!
I was curious is any of you have used the "SPRAY ADHESIVE" (any brand) on your "Hands-Free" Kit. Did any of you have an "issue" with the Plastic trim?
Valerie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #762
Glitter Guru

Hi Valerie! I have NOT used the new spray adhesive on my Hands Free Kit, mostly because I haven't had a need for any adhesive at all. Typically I cut on a scrap piece of paper that's bigger than my Slice, so when it attaches to the Hand's Free base, the paper doesn't move. I'm over the moon thrilled to death with that because I hated messing with that adhesive stuff. I'm sure if I cut something small than the size of my Slice, I'll have to use it, but for now, I'm happy that I haven't had to deal with that mess. I know this doesn't answer your question, but I thought I'd share anyways.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #763
Matboard Maniac

Hi Karolyn!!!
I know that the magnet is VERY STRONG and I see what you mean...but does it "mess up" when doing intricate cuts that have cut outs in the center of your images...w/o any adhesive does it mess it up? KWIM?
Valerie
Old 06-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #764
Glitter Guru

Hi Valerie!

Nope, I've not had any problems with the paper moving AT ALL! As long as the scrap I'm cutting on is bigger than the base of my Slice, it works like a dream! I've cut very intricate items, and seriously not had one single problem! And I'm still using the cutting blade that came with it - I got it in January!! Hope this answers your question.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #765
Stazon Splitcoast

Ok..Now I am going to get the hands free kit for sure...lol
blessings.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #766
Matboard Maniac

Oh Yes!!! Thanks a million!!! I am used to having my "scraps" bigger. I use the circle cutter a bunch and with that too...paper need to be bigger than the cutter... the cutting of the slice mat with adhesive helps a lot.
Thanks for helping Karolyn
Old 06-15-2010, 07:56 AM   #767
Hardware Hotshot

Has anybody else received the newsletter in their e-mail? It says there's a sneak peek at new cards, but I can't find them! Do they mean there WILL be a sneak peek and it's not there yet, or is the link simply hiding from me?
Old 06-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #768
Matboard Maniac

I was wondering the same thing. It mentioned a seek peek at new "products" including a new and faster machine. I could not find it either.
Valerie
Old 06-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #769
Glitter Guru

I think the sneak peek is that she told us how many new images and how many new cards they will be releasing. That's it?! LOL There were no missing links that I could see. Hopefully more information will be coming out soon. Did you sign up on their blog to win 12 of the latest design cards? Do it!!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #770
Stazon Splitcoast

I want happy trails card but will wait til I can obtain it cheaper on Ebay...I will never pay $49.99 for a cartridge...Looks like some great new ones are coming...
blessings.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #771
Matboard Maniac

Amber,
Keep your eye on Michaels...I saw Happy Trails there but like you I only buy with a coupon or on at least 40% off sale.
Valerie
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #772
Matboard Maniac

Ok Amber, (or anyone else who is interested)

I was just checking my email and had an email from Wild Ivy Memories . com (all together)
and the Happy Trails Cart (as well as most of the new releases) are in stock for 28.99. Findings and Spook Alley were the only ones "Out of Stock" Hope you can pick one up. (maybe two or more)

Blessings,
Valerie
Old 06-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #773
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone!! Okay, I just received my prize package from MM's last design card giveaway and I already had one of the cards I received soooooo I'm going to do a fun random giveaway on my blog tomorrow (Wednesday 6/30) for that design card!!! The name of the card and the simple deets on how to enter to win will post at 6 am! I hope you'll check it out...

www.katiepiotrowski.blogspot.com

Good luck to all who play!
Old 07-03-2010, 02:26 PM   #774
Glitter Guru

Hi ladies! I saw that on Two Peas In A Bucket, they have all of their Slice Design Cards on sale 40% off - TODAY ONLY! If your order is over $50, use the code 4JFWRK for free shipping. I just ordered the Under the Sea card for $29.99. Thought I'd share this info with you all! Here's the link: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop...the-day/tools/
Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #775
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Valarie...thanks so much for the info...I am definately going to go see if I can get Happy Trails now...you rock...I have not responded because I am actually half way across our great country on vacation...sotle a bit of computer time while hubby takes a nap...lol
blessings...
Old 07-09-2010, 12:37 AM   #776
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
I missed the 2Ps sale and am looking for a number of the new cards. Does anyone know where they're on sale? 40% or more off would be fab. Thanks!
I haven't gotten any emails about sales for that much off lately, however if you check out eBay sometimes you can find deals there for that type of savings. I've gotten some great deals there, and they're on new design cards, so you might check that out.....
Old 07-13-2010, 07:05 AM   #777
Glitter Guru

Hello Ladies!

I found a sale going on at StopandSrap.com - some of the 2010 design cards are on sale for 40% off - Fonts: Sock Hop, Nursery Rhymes, Baby and Words & Expressions - Family. The other newer releases - Bon Appetite, Fonts: Hodge Podge, Paws & Claws, Remember This, Parties and Summer - are all 20% off.

You can find the sale items HERE.

I don't work for this company, and have ordered from them many times. Their service is very good, although they have a huge CHA clearance sale going on right now, so they say their shipping times are a bit longer than normal.

I also saw that Making Memories is coming out with Foam Sheets and Magnetic Sheets for cutting on the Slice. Cool, huh?

Hope this helps!
Old 07-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #778
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for the info, Karolyn!

http://creativelyjen.blogspot.com/
Old 07-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #779
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm thinking of getting a SLice, I have a cricut expression but really want a slice now
where are the deals.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 AM   #780
Matboard Maniac

I bought mine from http://www.craft-e-corner.com/ back in February. I signed up for their newsletter and received a 10% off coupon code. They let me use the code on the Slice. I bought the Think Pink Slice (174.99) and after the 10% it was roughly $154.00 with no shipping. I have seen since them many places having the blue one for 99.00. I would goggle "Making Memories Slice" and see what comes up. If you find one from a company you have not dealt with, just ask on the forum if anybody has.

I love my Slice and think you will also.

On a side note: I did have a problem with it, they send me a new power cord but that didn't correct it. I ended up having to send it back. Received an email that they received the Slice and to please give them 5-7 days to test it. Received another email within 3 hours saying they sent me a new replacement. Turnaround was about a week total and they sent me a really nice alphabet rub on pack, some brads, and some clips for my troubles.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:01 PM   #781
Matboard Maniac

Cropchocolate.com has the Slice right now for 89.99. Their shipping is usually 4.95. Not sure how long this deal will be up for (they change the deal several times a day).
Old 07-16-2010, 12:05 AM   #782
Insane Embellisher

I normally don't see any discounts for the machine itself, so these prior two postings are good deals on the machine. I got mine at CHA, so it was a good deal there through Wooten's Scrapbooking. They don't have an online store, unfortunately, but are located in Ontario and Tustin, so not too far for you.
As far as design cards, this thread is always posting deals from places such as ebay to your different web stores (stampingscrapping.com, scrap-mart.com, etc.,) you can google "Best prices for Slice Design Cards" and you should get a slew of sites.
I've got just about all the cards I'll need for a long time and got some great prices from ebay too for new cards there.
Good luck and have a blast with your new toy, it's so easy to use and you'll love it!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:26 AM   #783
Glitter Queen

Hi everyone, I am new here I have joined especially to ask if youdont mind about the slice... I'm sorry to jump in with this but I just got my pink slice on Monday this week I love it so much already! but have one little problem and I am failing to find a solution.

My slice cuts what seems to be called 'tails' in some (not all) shapes usually on the inside of a shape like if the centre of a flower is cut out there is a little cut on the body of the flower which you want to use.

I contacted MM slice help right away thinking I was just doing something wrong or needed to make a slight adjustment. They replied really quickly but nothing worked, which was a pity.

They said to tighten the blade and reduce speed (BTW) I only had it on medium speed, the blade was tight, its used plugged in and I have spray glue on the mat.

So now I am worried it is faulty, as its new I can return it to the shop, so I need to know if this is a fault or not as soon as possible. Can anyone please, please help me?

I posted on the slice forum but nobody answers on there, has it been shut down? It let me join monday.

These are v small fairly insignificant cuts but the smaller the shape the worse it seems. MM gave me the impression this is just how it is but I havent seen anything on here about it. I apologise if I missed the post.

I live in England (UK) so returning the machine to MM is not really an option for me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:08 AM   #784
Hardware Hotshot

I guess these don't bother me that much. Are you talking about where it starts/ends cutting? It's definitely worse on smaller cuts, but if I'm not satisfied with a smaller cut, I'll just size it larger.
Sorry, that's really no help!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #785
Glitter Queen

Hi

Thanks for such a quick answer!! yes it must be where it starts and finishes cutting, its as if the blade doesnt lift fast enough or comes down too soon.

I know its silly but if that is just how it is, and its not just me with a faulty machine, then thats fine!! LOL I just didnt want to leave it till I cant return it.

My english forum friends keep saying theirs doesnt do this and mine must be faulty, so I was starting to feel upset I had a bad one.

I'm so pleased if its not! Wooooo Whoooo!!!

I only have basics 1 and the think pink card both with the machine, I just love them! Keep telling myself I cant have anything else till after payday but you know I NEED Fa La La and Notworthy and Basics 3 its essential! lol

OOh and I need hands free too would you recommend the hands free? or shall I spend the money on design cards ?

sorry I am also addicted !! I wanted this machine since its release but heard so many stories of them breaking I didnt get one, still full of worries but obsessed also!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #786
Hardware Hotshot

I LOVE my handsfree!! I use Stampin' Up cardstock a lot, and it's too thick to cut through on one pass. I use the handsfree, and I just do a second run through. Perfect! It's also good not to have to hold it.
The only drawback to it is the superstrong magnets. When it's on there, it's ON there! I lift mine from the base,because I'm afraid if I used the handle I'd eventually break it off!
But, weighing the pros and cons, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat! Good luck, and have fun with your new toy!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:01 AM   #787
Rubber Obsessor

I LOVE my handsfree magnetic board. I even found one in pink and sold the blue one so everything is matchy-matchy now. I use my Slice a lot but usually for 1" images. Sometimes I wish it would cut the images even smaller. I'm not a scrapper ~ only a card maker. It's so portable and easy to work with. Making Memories has super customer service. I had a faulty cartridge and called them. They replaced it within a week. Besides that, I got a real person when I called!

Bug from Hemet where the fires are
Old 07-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #788
Glitter Queen

ooh I'm glad it has strong magnets to keep it in place, but thats a good tip about not using the handle case it breaks off! lol I am still treating mine like its made from egg shall or something, every little noise I'm thinking oh did it do that before??? I worry I am holding it down too hard, but up to now when its made a funny extra little grindy noise I have homed the blade and its been ok then.

I'm relieved the little 'tails' are normal! I wonder why nobody else has them here though? Maybe its just the newer machines ??

Thanks for your replies! Its seems funny to be chatting about craft to folks across the pond! lol great though!!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #789
Pearl-ExPert

My Slice is gone. Maybe you all can figure out a solution. It has been cutting wonky. I even asked over here about the wonkiness and tried everything. Thank you to all who helped. My DH opened it and one of the gears is missing a tooth.

The Slice is over a year old. Do you think if I called MM they might send me the part for cost? We can fix it. My DH is excellent with electronics and runs a side business. So, this is not a problem. We might have the repair part in the house. Even though I am not picky I would prefer, in this instance, to have the correct one from Slice.

I have no clue how the tooth broke. I have never cut anything except thin cardstock and pattern paper. It was just one of those unlucky things.

Thanks for all the help.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 07-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #790
Glitter Queen

Oh no how upsetting! i'm so sorry to hear its broken, I hope you can get it fixed.

I dont see any harm in asking MM if they will sell the part to you, if not I would let your hubby go ahead and fix it with what ever he has laying about after all if its broken you have nothing to loose!

Good luck I hope its sorted soon
Old 07-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #791
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd try calling them for sure.
Old 07-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #792
Glitter Guru

I have a question for you Slice experts! LOL Have any of you cut the real wood sheets that you find in the stores? I recently purchased some really thin wood sheets, 8.5 x 11. They are as thin or thinner than the CS that I cut with my Slice. But I haven't had the nerve to cut it yet. Have any of you?

I HAVE used my Slice on fabric, and it worked like a dream. That fusible webbing that they sell for the Slice works perfectly, and is very easy to work with. I had to snip a few tiny areas that didn't cut all the way through, but it wasn't bad at all.

So, hoping someone out there has already had the courage to try the wood sheets, and if so, please share your experience. Thank you in advance!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 AM   #793
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you everyone for the great advice. DH is going to call today. So, crossing fingers that MM might have the part.

garkarlon- That is a good question. I don't know how many grams of pressure the Slice does. I am guessing around 200. The Wishblade/Craft Robo/Silhouette are around 280 Grams per pressure and it can't cut balsa wood.

I have a BossKut Gazelle at 500 grams per pressure and it can cut balsa wood.

Does that help any?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:22 PM   #794
Glitter Queen

Hi all

Sorry to go on about this 'tail' issue but I sent my friend some of my cuts to compair to hers (she has a blue slice) and my friend said her slice does not do this at all and now thinks mine is faulty and I should return it.

Is this a Pink slice 'thing' or tell tale sign that it will break as it has some fault in it?? I got the impression from the reply I had before that this is something everybodies slice does but now I wonder???

Please help I am running out of time to be able to return it to the shop I got it from.

thanks x
Old 07-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #795
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafting mad View Post
Hi everyone, I am new here I have joined especially to ask if youdont mind about the slice... I'm sorry to jump in with this but I just got my pink slice on Monday this week I love it so much already! but have one little problem and I am failing to find a solution.

My slice cuts what seems to be called 'tails' in some (not all) shapes usually on the inside of a shape like if the centre of a flower is cut out there is a little cut on the body of the flower which you want to use.

I contacted MM slice help right away thinking I was just doing something wrong or needed to make a slight adjustment. They replied really quickly but nothing worked, which was a pity.

They said to tighten the blade and reduce speed (BTW) I only had it on medium speed, the blade was tight, its used plugged in and I have spray glue on the mat.

So now I am worried it is faulty, as its new I can return it to the shop, so I need to know if this is a fault or not as soon as possible. Can anyone please, please help me?

I posted on the slice forum but nobody answers on there, has it been shut down? It let me join monday.

These are v small fairly insignificant cuts but the smaller the shape the worse it seems. MM gave me the impression this is just how it is but I havent seen anything on here about it. I apologise if I missed the post.

I live in England (UK) so returning the machine to MM is not really an option for me.

Thanks in advance.
Keep in contact with Making Memories if their suggestings are not working. I email then about mine and their first suggestion was to tighten up the blade.

Second time I called and they sent me out a new power cord because after 2-3 cuts it seemed it was dieing (although I kept it plugged in at all times).

Third email they had me send it back. This process took some time because it may be weeks/months between using my Slice. They were always helpful and I can understand them trying to have you check it out some before sending it back.

My end result was they replaced my Slice.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #796
Glitter Queen

Maybe I should try slice help again then, they just gave me the impression that they couldnt or wouldnt be of further help and they wouldnt say if it was just mine or not.

I asked the shop it was from if I could return it if it is faulty when I bought it, but the longer this goes on obviously the less likely this will be.

8( hope its not just mine that does this.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:01 AM   #797
Pearl-ExPert

My DH is going to call MM today. He called the wrong number yesterday. We can make reservations to a lovely resort though, lol. If MM can't send the gear my DH has decided he would like to part the Slice out to study it. We repair die cut machines, electronics, computers, etc as a side job.

He told me to get a different Slice. I would rather have a blue Slice since it's my favorite color blue. Is the Blue Slice machine improved or should I go with a Pink Slice?

Old 07-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #798
Matboard Maniac

7/25-7/31 slice and slice products 40% off at Micheals--just might have to go and check out the design cards.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #799
Cardstock Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafting mad View Post
Maybe I should try slice help again then, they just gave me the impression that they couldnt or wouldnt be of further help and they wouldnt say if it was just mine or not.

I asked the shop it was from if I could return it if it is faulty when I bought it, but the longer this goes on obviously the less likely this will be.

8( hope its not just mine that does this.

I believe that your friend is mistaken or hasn’t noticed these small cuts or ‘tails, as they could be on the ‘negative’ part of the paper (this may be difficult to see on patterned paper). A number of members on this forum and on the Making Memories forum have said that their Slice machines leave small cuts. Both of the Slice’s I have (which are blue, but the colour is irrelevant) leave small cuts.

A simple test is to choose a shape that has a number of internal cuts (the size doesn’t really matter), and then cut out the shape. Use a magnifying glass to look closely at both sides of the cut line on the paper, and they will be there.

The ‘tails’ will usually be worse as the start of the cut gets further away from the machine’s centre, which is noticeable on the smaller shape sizes. This is due to rotational backlash, but that’s another story.

If you are still convinced that the machine is faulty, and you are unhappy with it, then take it back and get a refund.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:38 AM   #800
Pearl-ExPert

garkarlon- I bought a scrapbook magazine today. It had an article on what the electronic die cutters can cut out. In the article it said the Slice does cut veneer wood. There you go! You can cut wood.

Update on my Slice. It is still broken, lol. Making Memories wouldn't answer their phone on Friday. I told my DH they were probably busy preparing for CHA. I found out Utah has a State Holiday called Pioneer Days and many businesses were closed to celebrate. You are all so lucky if your in Utah. My State never does anything like that. !