In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #401
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ky
Posts: 124
Default

Got my e-mail this a.m. My Slice is on it's way via UPS. I think it will arrive either Thursday or Friday. I have jury duty the rest of this month so I won't really get any play time with it until next week anyway. I just "may" have to visit HL today and see if there's any design cards I can't live without.
kcill is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:25 AM   #402
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,659
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnystamper View Post
To Lube the slice you need to flip it over so the blade is pointing at the ceiling. You will see 2 wholes you will put a 1/2 a squirt of wd-40 in each whole and the you can cut.

HTH
Suzi
Suzi- Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Does anybody know if the newer cards improve machine performance?
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #403
Forum Fanatic
 
Novell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 10,785
Default

well you can certainly cut faster by changing your cutting speed. Once you've got an MS+ card in your Slice, highlight your settings. When you see the little house on your screen, hit your right double arrow button. It should say Speed Setting or something like that. Use your larger, single arrow button to change your speed.
__________________
My Blog: Mastering the Art of Procurement
Novell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #404
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcill View Post
Got my e-mail this a.m. My Slice is on it's wa ... I just "may" have to visit HL today and see if there's any design cards I can't live without.
For what it's worth, I just got home from HL where I purchased the wedding design card (not an MS+) for 23.99. Not a card I really wanted, but on clearance....

Of course, my HL is excellent; they let me use the 40% on the cards anyway.

It's been awhile (unless I missed it) since they've had a Slice sale; should be soon. Have fun!
binx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #405
Forum Fanatic
 
Crafty Math Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cuddling our adopted shelter dog
Posts: 9,747
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
For what it's worth, I just got home from HL where I purchased the wedding design card (not an MS+) for 23.99. Not a card I really wanted, but on clearance....

Of course, my HL is excellent; they let me use the 40% on the cards anyway.

It's been awhile (unless I missed it) since they've had a Slice sale; should be soon. Have fun!
You are lucky! Our HL has very little Slice merchandise and is SUPEr strict about their coupons. Enjoy!!
Crafty Math Chick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #406
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ky
Posts: 124
Default

Well, I just got back from HL and Micheal's. I bought the storage case for design cards at Micheal's. The store mgr told me they do not take the 40% coupons on Slice products, I didn't think they did but ask since he was standing there.

I went to HL and bought the tote bag, sure hated paying that for it but I intend on taking it with me some so though it was ultimately worth the investment. They had marked down again the clearance cards and I got the Wedding one for $14.39. Not my first choice but I thought to start out at that price it would work. I can sell it for $10 or $12 if I don't like it also. I know HL doesn't take the 40% off on Slice stuff either.

Now, just waiting ................................

Cyndi
kcill is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #407
Hardware Hotshot
 
sempermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stampin in the Taj-Ma-Holly
Posts: 4,889
Default

WOW!!! wish we had a HL! and for the wedding card, its also great for anniversaries! and i love you cards...so it has a few uses other than wedding! LOL
sempermom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #408
Stazon Splitcoast
 
sprtchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wait! Let me check my barcode.....
Posts: 11,205
Default

I ordered a pink slice with all the goodies. Faith, Noteworthy and the Vintage card along with a few other cards...I expect I will get all the additional things I didnt get for my birthday in Feb...Can wait for it to hit my porch so I can play.
blessings.
__________________
Amber Shaw
clear envelopes now at:
www.chicandsavvycrafters.com
sprtchick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #409
Stampin' Fool
 
Choc0holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
I ordered a pink slice with all the goodies. Faith, Noteworthy and the Vintage card along with a few other cards...I expect I will get all the additional things I didnt get for my birthday in Feb...Can wait for it to hit my porch so I can play.
blessings.
Oh so fun! I got the pink one, as well. I'm just chomping at the bit for the hands-free kit...anything to keep my hands free!!!
__________________
*'*:.-::-*Katie*-::-:*'*
Choc0holic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #410
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,935
Default

I have a question about the MS+ cards. I realize that the mirroring and shadowing are peculiar to the MS+ cards, but how about the speed boost? Once you've done that with an MS+ card, is the hardware somehow tweaked and all of your cuts are now faster? Or is the speed boost built into the card and you only get that with those cards?

Can all cards emboss with the embossing tips?

What about the ink tips? Anybody have thoughts on those? Maybe there are some YouTube videos on that. Anyone know?

Also, about this new hands-free thing. It looks to me like they just put a bumper around the 12x12 cutting mat. Is that all there is to it? If so, isn't that a limited hands-free proposition? Won't you still need to hold it if you're cutting in the middle of a large page?
binx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #411
Forum Fanatic
 
Novell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 10,785
Default

Once you have inserted an MS+ card and adjust your speed, that speed is set on your machine (you do have the option to change it still).

Yes, you can emboss with all cards. You just will not have a 'shadow' setting to cut out the embossed image. You'll have to hand cut it with the non-MS+ cards. I think the ink tips will work much like the embossing tips.

As far as the magnetic mat goes, there is a cover that goes over your Slice that magentizes it to your mat. Wherever you set your Slice, it will be stuck to the mat because the entire mat is magnetized. It is an entirely new mat with the embossing mat built into the reverse side.
__________________
My Blog: Mastering the Art of Procurement
Novell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #412
Glitter Guru
 
garkarlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Issaquah, WA/Sun Lakes, AZ
Posts: 5,066
Default

Hi Binx!

I saw a video on the Making Memories blog yesterday that showed how the new pens work. It looks like there are markers (different color options) and ball point pens (again, different color options). It looks like the tips are attached to the machine very similar to the cutting blades.

They also demonstrated the hands free collar a bit in the same video, and it appears that the collar comes with a magnetic mat, so when you attach the collar to your Slice, there are magnets built into it, and then they attach to the magnet mat, keeping the Slice in place. It's pretty cool, and I will definitely be adding it to my collection of soon to be received Slice products. These ladies here rock with how much knowledge they have about the Slice and how willing they are to share/enable! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
I have a question about the MS+ cards. I realize that the mirroring and shadowing are peculiar to the MS+ cards, but how about the speed boost? Once you've done that with an MS+ card, is the hardware somehow tweaked and all of your cuts are now faster? Or is the speed boost built into the card and you only get that with those cards?

Can all cards emboss with the embossing tips?

What about the ink tips? Anybody have thoughts on those? Maybe there are some YouTube videos on that. Anyone know?

Also, about this new hands-free thing. It looks to me like they just put a bumper around the 12x12 cutting mat. Is that all there is to it? If so, isn't that a limited hands-free proposition? Won't you still need to hold it if you're cutting in the middle of a large page?
__________________
Karolyn
My Blog - Paper Therapy
garkarlon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #413
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novell View Post
Once you have inserted an MS+ card and adjust your speed, that speed is set on your machine (you do have the option to change it still).

Yes, you can emboss with all cards. You just will not have a 'shadow' setting to cut out the embossed image. You'll have to hand cut it with the non-MS+ cards. I think the ink tips will work much like the embossing tips.

As far as the magnetic mat goes, there is a cover that goes over your Slice that magentizes it to your mat. Wherever you set your Slice, it will be stuck to the mat because the entire mat is magnetized. It is an entirely new mat with the embossing mat built into the reverse side.
Thanks for the info, Novell. Seems I have much to learn about my little machine.

Aha, magnetic mat! That explains it. Now, how does that NOT erase the machine since we've always been told to keep anything magnetic away from our computers? Isn't there a chip in those little Slices?
binx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #414
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkarlon View Post
Hi Binx!

I saw a video on the Making Memories blog yesterday that showed how the new pens work. It looks like there are markers (different color options) and ball point pens (again, different color options). It looks like the tips are attached to the machine very similar to the cutting blades.

They also demonstrated the hands free collar a bit in the same video, and it appears that the collar comes with a magnetic mat, so when you attach the collar to your Slice, there are magnets built into it, and then they attach to the magnet mat, keeping the Slice in place. It's pretty cool, and I will definitely be adding it to my collection of soon to be received Slice products. These ladies here rock with how much knowledge they have about the Slice and how willing they are to share/enable! LOL



Thank garkarlon. I will go back to MM's site in search of some videos.
binx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #415
Glitter Guru
 
garkarlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Issaquah, WA/Sun Lakes, AZ
Posts: 5,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
Thanks for the info, Novell. Seems I have much to learn about my little machine.

Aha, magnetic mat! That explains it. Now, how does that NOT erase the machine since we've always been told to keep anything magnetic away from our computers? Isn't there a chip in those little Slices?
Hmmm . . . good point. I don't know if it has a little chip in it, but maybe it's not exactly magnetic. When you watch the video, it appears that it's magnetic, but maybe it's not. Hopefully the videos will answer your questions more precisely. I don't even have mine in my hot little hands yet! LOL

__________________
Karolyn
My Blog - Paper Therapy
garkarlon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #416
Pearl-ExPert
 
lylacfey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,659
Default

Thank you for the info on the MS cards.
__________________
DeeAnn

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
lylacfey is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #417
Forum Fanatic
 
Novell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 10,785
Default

I posted some CAS designs using my Slice in my A Muse and non-A Muse galleries, in case you want to take a look. I've been having so much fun playing with my machine!
__________________
My Blog: Mastering the Art of Procurement
Novell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #418
Hardware Hotshot
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,553
Default

Novell, your cards are terrific! I'm so glad I gave the Slice a second try. I really love the images Making Memories puts on the design cards. Go Slice!
__________________
Everything in moderation.
Except Awesome. You can never have too much Awesome.
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #419
Matboard Maniac
 
ScrappinMoments's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 344
Default Pink Slice

My daughter is going to take my blue Slice and I'm looking for the pink one. I've read a few that have ordered them. Where are you ordering them from?
__________________
Penny ~ Scrappin' Moments Blog
Goals ~ Jan 2011 Double-Layouts 5/4 ~ Blog Posts 1/2 ~ Quilts 1/1 ~ 60/60 Shower Invites
ScrappinMoments is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #420
Die Cut Diva
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,935
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novell View Post
I posted some CAS designs using my Slice in my A Muse and non-A Muse galleries, in case you want to take a look. I've been having so much fun playing with my machine!
Thanks for the inspiration; I'll come back when I need some of that! Love your iPod.
binx is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #421
Insane Embellisher
 
lovetostamp3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In Peace and Happiness
Posts: 821
Default

I got mine at CHA, however I saw them at store.scrapbook.com and a couple of other places if you google "new pink slice". The price is pretty much the same at the different web sites since it's new, and a portion of the price goes to Breast Cancer Research, so that's why the difference from the blue Slice; and it comes with an extra "Pink MS+" card (you'll get the Basic and the Pink MS+ cards).

Because of the breast cancer issue, couldn't resist the little extra!!!

They are also coming out with a pink card case, tool kit and carrying bag in Feb. to go with the new slice, they had them there to show...cute of course.
lovetostamp3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #422
Matboard Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 234
Default

I had to realign my slice, and replace the blade, but thanks to the people on this thread, I knew how to do both confidently! Thanks so much for all of the great comments, advice and enabling links!
__________________
Natalie@Addicted Scrapper
61/300 pages YTD 30/100 Cards YTD 2/12 swaps 6 3-ds projects
ScrappinTeacher is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #423
Stampin' Fool
 
Choc0holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments View Post
My daughter is going to take my blue Slice and I'm looking for the pink one. I've read a few that have ordered them. Where are you ordering them from?
I ordered mine from Scrapbookpal.com, but it looks like they're currently out of stock (or no longer selling them, as they're not on the site). Sorry I can't be more help! Good luck!
__________________
*'*:.-::-*Katie*-::-:*'*
Choc0holic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #424
Forum Fanatic
 
Novell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 10,785
Default

A Muse has the Pink Slice starter kit on their website. They usually ship within 24hrs and have great service.
__________________
My Blog: Mastering the Art of Procurement
Novell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #425
Glitter Guru
 
garkarlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Issaquah, WA/Sun Lakes, AZ
Posts: 5,066
Default Pink Slice!

I just ordered mine from ABC Toys & Crafts on Sunday and had it on my door step by Wednesday. Julie's service is out of this world amazing and she can get most things for you if she doesn't have them in stock. I believe she has at least one still in stock, with all the goodies. Hope this helps!

Hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments View Post
My daughter is going to take my blue Slice and I'm looking for the pink one. I've read a few that have ordered them. Where are you ordering them from?
__________________
Karolyn
My Blog - Paper Therapy
garkarlon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #426
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ky
Posts: 124
Default

Well, shoot. I'm tracking my slice UPS delivery and it appears to be stuck in the Oklahoma area ice storm and delivery has been rescheduled for Monday 2-1. I don't guess I'll be slicing this weekend

I'm in the process of cleaning and re-organizing the craft room so guess I will be fine tuning that over the weekend. I am going to all clear storage boxes and stuff. Seems like if I can't look in there and see it, then I re-buy it, resulting in too much STUFF!

Cyndi
kcill is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #427
Hardware Hotshot
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,196
Default

I LOVE the hands off system!! I can't wait to get it! I need to make myself a new list of all of the new Slice things I want to save for.
__________________
Erin in Okc
Erin in Okc is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #428
Forum Fanatic
 
Crafty Math Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cuddling our adopted shelter dog
Posts: 9,747
Default

Was it really that difficult for the average person without medical issues to hold it in place? Just curious. I just ordered a blue one recently since it was on sale.
Crafty Math Chick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #429
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ky
Posts: 124
Default

Craft-E-Corner has the Pink Slice, 4 versions w/different cards for the $174.99. She has 10% off if you sign up for her newsletter, don't know it that applies to Slice or not.

I've ordered from her before, no problems and fast shipping
http://www.craft-e-corner.com/c-42-slice-machines.aspx

Cyndi
kcill is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #430
Hardware Hotshot
 
TheOtherMeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick View Post
Was it really that difficult for the average person without medical issues to hold it in place? Just curious. I just ordered a blue one recently since it was on sale.
I don't have any health issues, but I don't think holding the Slice in place is a big deal. I love all things Slice, but I'll pass on the hands-free system because I don't have a problem holding the machine while it makes a cut. It only takes a few seconds per cut, and it can only make one cut at a time anyway, so it's just not an issue with me.

If I didn't already have a 12x12 glass mat, I might get the hands-free system to have the larger glass mat (and it's got the embossing surface on the other side, which is nice). It does look handy, it's just not something I need.

I'm waiting for a new release of design cards! I'm loving the shadowing. It really gives the cuts a finished look, like they're more than something you'd get from a punch. More cards!
__________________
Everything in moderation.
Except Awesome. You can never have too much Awesome.
TheOtherMeg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #431
Forum Fanatic
 
Crafty Math Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cuddling our adopted shelter dog
Posts: 9,747
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
I don't have any health issues, but I don't think holding the Slice in place is a big deal. I love all things Slice, but I'll pass on the hands-free system because I don't have a problem holding the machine while it makes a cut. It only takes a few seconds per cut, and it can only make one cut at a time anyway, so it's just not an issue with me.

If I didn't already have a 12x12 glass mat, I might get the hands-free system to have the larger glass mat (and it's got the embossing surface on the other side, which is nice). It does look handy, it's just not something I need.

I'm waiting for a new release of design cards! I'm loving the shadowing. It really gives the cuts a finished look, like they're more than something you'd get from a punch. More cards!
Thanks for your input!

I already had Slice's 12 x 12 glass mat because I was using a hot knife to help mount my unmounted stamps on EZ Mount and you needed a tempered glass mat to use the hot knife and that was the only one I could find, LOL. (Turns out cutterbee's was tempered as well - I contacted them and asked after the face, they said it was, I advised them that is a selling point and it would be beneficial to add that info. to their packaging).

Looking forward to the pets cartridge that will be coming out soon!
Crafty Math Chick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #432
Forum Fanatic
 
Novell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 10,785
Default

I was at the A Muse shop today and their pink Slice was actually cheaper than what is advertised by that link I provided. If you are interested in purchasing from them, I would recommend a call to the store.
__________________
My Blog: Mastering the Art of Procurement
Novell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #433
Hardware Hotshot
 
sempermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stampin in the Taj-Ma-Holly
Posts: 4,889
Default

anyone notice if there is a military design card coming out? i would SO love one!
sempermom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #434
Matboard Maniac
 
ScrappinMoments's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Math Chick View Post
Was it really that difficult for the average person without medical issues to hold it in place? Just curious. I just ordered a blue one recently since it was on sale.
I currently have a triple bone fusion in my neck and have lost a great deal of upper body strength. Keeping the slice in place while it cuts is nothing. It seemed to me that just the weight of my hands kept it in place. You don't need a strong grip or anything. It's more like a 'guidance' hold to stop if from moving (if that makes sense).
__________________
Penny ~ Scrappin' Moments Blog
Goals ~ Jan 2011 Double-Layouts 5/4 ~ Blog Posts 1/2 ~ Quilts 1/1 ~ 60/60 Shower Invites
ScrappinMoments is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #435
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 85
Default

JoAnne Fabric's has the blue slice starter kit for $104.99. (online only) and a flat $5.00 shipping. Some of the older design cards are $27.99.
Lilyzee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #436
Glitter Guru
 
garkarlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Issaquah, WA/Sun Lakes, AZ
Posts: 5,066
Default

Hi Girls! Got my Pink Slice yesterday and finally had some time today to play with it. It cut out my first design perfectly, then it cut out the second one just fine, and then it quit cutting. Ugh! I've homed the blade till I'm blue in the face. I've changed the blade twice. I've adjusted the blade pressure. Nothing. I tried callibrating it. It cut the ABCDE pattern, but that's it. Now what? Any help? Should I file a complaint with MM already? Thanks for any help that you all can provide!
__________________
Karolyn
My Blog - Paper Therapy
garkarlon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 05:47 PM   #437
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ky
Posts: 124
Default

Anyone ever ordered from here? They have a couple of design cards I like for under $20 listed as new arrivals.

http://store.crazyscraps.com/mmnewarrivals.html

And it has let me apply a coupon code for 10% off "loyal09" is the code

Cyndi

Last edited by kcill; 01-28-2010 at 05:54 PM..
kcill is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #438
Forum Fanatic
 
Novell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 10,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkarlon View Post
Hi Girls! Got my Pink Slice yesterday and finally had some time today to play with it. It cut out my first design perfectly, then it cut out the second one just fine, and then it quit cutting. Ugh! I've homed the blade till I'm blue in the face. I've changed the blade twice. I've adjusted the blade pressure. Nothing. I tried callibrating it. It cut the ABCDE pattern, but that's it. Now what? Any help? Should I file a complaint with MM already? Thanks for any help that you all can provide!
How long did you charge your machine before using it? It really should be charged overnight.
__________________
My Blog: Mastering the Art of Procurement
Novell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #439
Glitter Guru
 
garkarlon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Issaquah, WA/Sun Lakes, AZ
Posts: 5,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novell View Post
How long did you charge your machine before using it? It really should be charged overnight.
I charged it all afternoon, but that was the problem. I FINALLY figured it out earlier tonight. It didn't have enough juice. As soon as I plugged it back in, it started cutting. Crazy, huh?! Thanks, Novell! Now I know that you girls are the smartest Slicers in the whole wide world!!

Hugs!
__________________
Karolyn
My Blog - Paper Therapy
garkarlon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #440
Matboard Maniac
 
ScrappinMoments's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcill View Post
Craft-E-Corner has the Pink Slice, 4 versions w/different cards for the $174.99. She has 10% off if you sign up for her newsletter, don't know it that applies to Slice or not.

I've ordered from her before, no problems and fast shipping
http://www.craft-e-corner.com/c-42-slice-machines.aspx

Cyndi
My daughter ordered my pink slice from them tonight. With the 10% for signing up the total came to $157 and some change total (free shipping). We debated on upgrading the shipping but didn't. At 14.00 thats almost half the price of another design card. I very happy with the price that we paid.

My daughter took possession of my old blue one (it was 1 week old) tonight when she left. Worked out very well. Her favorite color is blue, mine is purple (pink is closer to purple then the blue). I hope I get it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkarlon View Post
I charged it all afternoon, but that was the problem. I FINALLY figured it out earlier tonight. It didn't have enough juice. As soon as I plugged it back in, it started cutting. Crazy, huh?! Thanks, Novell! Now I know that you girls are the smartest Slicers in the whole wide world!!

Hugs!
I took the blue one to a crop last weekend. About halfway through was having panic attack as it was cutting all crazy. Tried homing the blade and turning it off, then back on. Then I remembered reading that if it starts doing that, recharge it (or plug it in and use it). Once I plugged it in, it was perfect.
__________________
Penny ~ Scrappin' Moments Blog
Goals ~ Jan 2011 Double-Layouts 5/4 ~ Blog Posts 1/2 ~ Quilts 1/1 ~ 60/60 Shower Invites

Last edited by ScrappinMoments; 01-28-2010 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: Addition
ScrappinMoments is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off