Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 07:32 AM   #361
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, they aren't really new releases but they are listed on the www.whyslice.com website under products, then under design cards. I think the 'whyslice' website could sure be a lot better than it is!! They don't update design ideas nearly enough.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:34 AM   #362
Stazon Splitcoast

Did you guys know there is a gallery on the Making Memories website? If you go to www.makingmemories.com and go to 'Ideas' there is a gallery in there. Even a customer gallery. Lots of great ideas and you can submit your own! I haven't remembered to submit anything in a long time. I should do that.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:01 AM   #363
Die Cut Diva

Default They must have been reading my posts!

Can you believe it?!?!? Not 5 minutes ago, I receved an email from Making Memories to come join them while they reveal their new Slice products LIVE at the CHA! How funny!

If you subscribe to them, check your email; otherwise, go to their blog (or so the email says).

I agree their site is slow to update. You'd think they'd update it more often if they want us to buy the latest and greatest. Thanks for making me not feel alone in that observation, Novell.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:31 AM   #364
Rubber Obsessor

Ah Binx I got the newsletter too and did you see this video??? I am so hopeful that it will be out sometime soon - check it out .....

Hands Free Slice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine just using a matt not the glass ---> a magnetized matt!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I'm just soooooooo excited over this...
Old 01-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #365
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm pretty excited about that magnetized board, too. It's got such a strong hold!!

For those concerned about the Pink Slice being a G6, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I wish I was able to help with the WD-40 question but I have not had to lubricate my machine myself. MM did that for me when I sent it in.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:56 AM   #366
Mad Swapper

To Lube the slice you need to flip it over so the blade is pointing at the ceiling. You will see 2 wholes you will put a 1/2 a squirt of wd-40 in each whole and the you can cut.

HTH
Suzi
Old 01-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #367
Rubber Obsessor

Default Awesome!

Wow! I am so glad to read all of the responses on the slice. I just so happened to have a 2 hr delay for work the other day and was strolling thru the channels and saw the infomercial......I ordered the slice immediately hoping not to have "jumped too quickly". By ready your responses, I think I made a good quick decision...haha. Now I reallllly can't wait to get it. And mother's day will be here soon enough, look out kids, mom is making a list! TFS everyone.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:22 PM   #368
Mad Swapper

Any word on when we'll be able to get the hands-free kit?!?!?! I can't wait for this!
Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 PM   #369
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkygramma View Post
Ah Binx I got the newsletter too and did you see this video??? I am so hopeful that it will be out sometime soon - check it out .....

Hands Free Slice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imagine just using a matt not the glass ---> a magnetized matt!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I'm just soooooooo excited over this...

We saw them at CHA, and they are a glass mat, (sorry to disappoint you) with built in magnets that somehow hold the collar/sleeve that fits around the Slice machine. It's magical how strong yet simple and easy it is. I really wonder about trying it without glue to see if the paper moves, since the magnets are so strong. It probably would have an effect on small movements of detail within your design though without the adhesive holding your paper down.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #370
Rubber Obsessor

Got my e-mail this a.m. My Slice is on it's way via UPS. I think it will arrive either Thursday or Friday. I have jury duty the rest of this month so I won't really get any play time with it until next week anyway. I just "may" have to visit HL today and see if there's any design cards I can't live without.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:25 AM   #371
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnystamper View Post
To Lube the slice you need to flip it over so the blade is pointing at the ceiling. You will see 2 wholes you will put a 1/2 a squirt of wd-40 in each whole and the you can cut.

HTH
Suzi
Suzi- Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.

Does anybody know if the newer cards improve machine performance?

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 01-26-2010, 06:34 AM   #372
Stazon Splitcoast

well you can certainly cut faster by changing your cutting speed. Once you've got an MS+ card in your Slice, highlight your settings. When you see the little house on your screen, hit your right double arrow button. It should say Speed Setting or something like that. Use your larger, single arrow button to change your speed.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 AM   #373
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcill View Post
Got my e-mail this a.m. My Slice is on it's wa ... I just "may" have to visit HL today and see if there's any design cards I can't live without.
For what it's worth, I just got home from HL where I purchased the wedding design card (not an MS+) for 23.99. Not a card I really wanted, but on clearance....

Of course, my HL is excellent; they let me use the 40% on the cards anyway.

It's been awhile (unless I missed it) since they've had a Slice sale; should be soon. Have fun!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #374
Forum Fanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by binx View Post
For what it's worth, I just got home from HL where I purchased the wedding design card (not an MS+) for 23.99. Not a card I really wanted, but on clearance....

Of course, my HL is excellent; they let me use the 40% on the cards anyway.

It's been awhile (unless I missed it) since they've had a Slice sale; should be soon. Have fun!
You are lucky! Our HL has very little Slice merchandise and is SUPEr strict about their coupons. Enjoy!!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #375
Rubber Obsessor

Well, I just got back from HL and Micheal's. I bought the storage case for design cards at Micheal's. The store mgr told me they do not take the 40% coupons on Slice products, I didn't think they did but ask since he was standing there.

I went to HL and bought the tote bag, sure hated paying that for it but I intend on taking it with me some so though it was ultimately worth the investment. They had marked down again the clearance cards and I got the Wedding one for $14.39. Not my first choice but I thought to start out at that price it would work. I can sell it for $10 or $12 if I don't like it also. I know HL doesn't take the 40% off on Slice stuff either.

Now, just waiting ................................

Cyndi
Old 01-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #376
Hardware Hotshot

WOW!!! wish we had a HL! and for the wedding card, its also great for anniversaries! and i love you cards...so it has a few uses other than wedding! LOL
Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 PM   #377
Stazon Splitcoast

I ordered a pink slice with all the goodies. Faith, Noteworthy and the Vintage card along with a few other cards...I expect I will get all the additional things I didnt get for my birthday in Feb...Can wait for it to hit my porch so I can play.
blessings.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #378
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtchick View Post
I ordered a pink slice with all the goodies. Faith, Noteworthy and the Vintage card along with a few other cards...I expect I will get all the additional things I didnt get for my birthday in Feb...Can wait for it to hit my porch so I can play.
blessings.
Oh so fun! I got the pink one, as well. I'm just chomping at the bit for the hands-free kit...anything to keep my hands free!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #379
Die Cut Diva

I have a question about the MS+ cards. I realize that the mirroring and shadowing are peculiar to the MS+ cards, but how about the speed boost? Once you've done that with an MS+ card, is the hardware somehow tweaked and all of your cuts are now faster? Or is the speed boost built into the card and you only get that with those cards?

Can all cards emboss with the embossing tips?

What about the ink tips? Anybody have thoughts on those? Maybe there are some YouTube videos on that. Anyone know?

Also, about this new hands-free thing. It looks to me like they just put a bumper around the 12x12 cutting mat. Is that all there is to it? If so, isn't that a limited hands-free proposition? Won't you still need to hold it if you're cutting in the middle of a large page?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #380
Stazon Splitcoast

Once you have inserted an MS+ card and adjust your speed, that speed is set on your machine (you do have the option to change it still).

Yes, you can emboss with all cards. You just will not have a 'shadow' setting to cut out the embossed image. You'll have to hand cut it with the non-MS+ cards. I think the ink tips will work much like the embossing tips.

As far as the magnetic mat goes, there is a cover that goes over your Slice that magentizes it to your mat. Wherever you set your Slice, it will be stuck to the mat because the entire mat is magnetized. It is an entirely new mat with the embossing mat built into the reverse side.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:36 AM   #381
Glitter Guru

Hi Binx!

I saw a video on the Making Memories blog yesterday that showed how the new pens work. It looks like there are markers (different color options) and ball point pens (again, different color options). It looks like the tips are attached to the machine very similar to the cutting blades.

They also demonstrated the hands free collar a bit in the same video, and it appears that the collar comes with a magnetic mat, so when you attach the collar to your Slice, there are magnets built into it, and then they attach to the magnet mat, keeping the Slice in place. It's pretty cool, and I will definitely be adding it to my collection of soon to be received Slice products. These ladies here rock with how much knowledge they have about the Slice and how willing they are to share/enable! LOL

Quote:
I have a question about the MS+ cards. I realize that the mirroring and shadowing are peculiar to the MS+ cards, but how about the speed boost? Once you've done that with an MS+ card, is the hardware somehow tweaked and all of your cuts are now faster? Or is the speed boost built into the card and you only get that with those cards?

Can all cards emboss with the embossing tips?

What about the ink tips? Anybody have thoughts on those? Maybe there are some YouTube videos on that. Anyone know?

Also, about this new hands-free thing. It looks to me like they just put a bumper around the 12x12 cutting mat. Is that all there is to it? If so, isn't that a limited hands-free proposition? Won't you still need to hold it if you're cutting in the middle of a large page?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:52 AM   #382
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novell View Post
Once you have inserted an MS+ card and adjust your speed, that speed is set on your machine (you do have the option to change it still).

Yes, you can emboss with all cards. You just will not have a 'shadow' setting to cut out the embossed image. You'll have to hand cut it with the non-MS+ cards. I think the ink tips will work much like the embossing tips.

As far as the magnetic mat goes, there is a cover that goes over your Slice that magentizes it to your mat. Wherever you set your Slice, it will be stuck to the mat because the entire mat is magnetized. It is an entirely new mat with the embossing mat built into the reverse side.
Thanks for the info, Novell. Seems I have much to learn about my little machine.

Aha, magnetic mat! That explains it. Now, how does that NOT erase the machine since we've always been told to keep anything magnetic away from our computers? Isn't there a chip in those little Slices?
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #383
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkarlon View Post
Hi Binx!

I saw a video on the Making Memories blog yesterday that showed how the new pens work. It looks like there are markers (different color options) and ball point pens (again, different color options). It looks like the tips are attached to the machine very similar to the cutting blades.

They also demonstrated the hands free collar a bit in the same video, and it appears that the collar comes with a magnetic mat, so when you attach the collar to your Slice, there are magnets built into it, and then they attach to the magnet mat, keeping the Slice in place. It's pretty cool, and I will definitely be adding it to my collection of soon to be received Slice products. These ladies here rock with how much knowledge they have about the Slice and how willing they are to share/enable! LOL

Thank garkarlon. I will go back to MM's site in search of some videos.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #384
Glitter Guru

Quote:
Thanks for the info, Novell. Seems I have much to learn about my little machine.

Aha, magnetic mat! That explains it. Now, how does that NOT erase the machine since we've always been told to keep anything magnetic away from our computers? Isn't there a chip in those little Slices?
Hmmm . . . good point. I don't know if it has a little chip in it, but maybe it's not exactly magnetic. When you watch the video, it appears that it's magnetic, but maybe it's not. Hopefully the videos will answer your questions more precisely. I don't even have mine in my hot little hands yet! LOL

Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #385
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you for the info on the MS cards.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 01-27-2010, 12:54 PM   #386
Stazon Splitcoast

I posted some CAS designs using my Slice in my A Muse and non-A Muse galleries, in case you want to take a look. I've been having so much fun playing with my machine!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:07 PM   #387
Matboard Maniac

Default Pink Slice

My daughter is going to take my blue Slice and I'm looking for the pink one. I've read a few that have ordered them. Where are you ordering them from?
Old 01-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #388
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novell View Post
I posted some CAS designs using my Slice in my A Muse and non-A Muse galleries, in case you want to take a look. I've been having so much fun playing with my machine!
Thanks for the inspiration; I'll come back when I need some of that! Love your iPod.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #389
Insane Embellisher

I got mine at CHA, however I saw them at store.scrapbook.com and a couple of other places if you google "new pink slice". The price is pretty much the same at the different web sites since it's new, and a portion of the price goes to Breast Cancer Research, so that's why the difference from the blue Slice; and it comes with an extra "Pink MS+" card (you'll get the Basic and the Pink MS+ cards).

Because of the breast cancer issue, couldn't resist the little extra!!!

They are also coming out with a pink card case, tool kit and carrying bag in Feb. to go with the new slice, they had them there to show...cute of course.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #390
Matboard Maniac

I had to realign my slice, and replace the blade, but thanks to the people on this thread, I knew how to do both confidently! Thanks so much for all of the great comments, advice and enabling links!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #391
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments View Post
My daughter is going to take my blue Slice and I'm looking for the pink one. I've read a few that have ordered them. Where are you ordering them from?
I ordered mine from Scrapbookpal.com, but it looks like they're currently out of stock (or no longer selling them, as they're not on the site). Sorry I can't be more help! Good luck!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 AM   #392
Stazon Splitcoast

A Muse has the Pink Slice starter kit on their website. They usually ship within 24hrs and have great service.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #393
Glitter Guru

Default Pink Slice!

I just ordered mine from ABC Toys & Crafts on Sunday and had it on my door step by Wednesday. Julie's service is out of this world amazing and she can get most things for you if she doesn't have them in stock. I believe she has at least one still in stock, with all the goodies. Hope this helps!

Hugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinMoments View Post
Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 AM   #394
Rubber Obsessor

Well, shoot. I'm tracking my slice UPS delivery and it appears to be stuck in the Oklahoma area ice storm and delivery has been rescheduled for Monday 2-1. I don't guess I'll be slicing this weekend

I'm in the process of cleaning and re-organizing the craft room so guess I will be fine tuning that over the weekend. I am going to all clear storage boxes and stuff. Seems like if I can't look in there and see it, then I re-buy it, resulting in too much STUFF!

Cyndi
Old 01-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #395
Hardware Hotshot

I LOVE the hands off system!! I can't wait to get it! I need to make myself a new list of all of the new Slice things I want to save for.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #396
Forum Fanatic

Was it really that difficult for the average person without medical issues to hold it in place? Just curious. I just ordered a blue one recently since it was on sale.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #397
Rubber Obsessor

Craft-E-Corner has the Pink Slice, 4 versions w/different cards for the $174.99. She has 10% off if you sign up for her newsletter, don't know it that applies to Slice or not.

I've ordered from her before, no problems and fast shipping
http://www.craft-e-corner.com/c-42-slice-machines.aspx

Cyndi
Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #398
Forum Fanatic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
I don't have any health issues, but I don't think holding the Slice in place is a big deal. I love all things Slice, but I'll pass on the hands-free system because I don't have a problem holding the machine while it makes a cut. It only takes a few seconds per cut, and it can only make one cut at a time anyway, so it's just not an issue with me.

If I didn't already have a 12x12 glass mat, I might get the hands-free system to have the larger glass mat (and it's got the embossing surface on the other side, which is nice). It does look handy, it's just not something I need.

I'm waiting for a new release of design cards! I'm loving the shadowing. It really gives the cuts a finished look, like they're more than something you'd get from a punch. More cards!
Thanks for your input!

I already had Slice's 12 x 12 glass mat because I was using a hot knife to help mount my unmounted stamps on EZ Mount and you needed a tempered glass mat to use the hot knife and that was the only one I could find, LOL. (Turns out cutterbee's was tempered as well - I contacted them and asked after the face, they said it was, I advised them that is a selling point and it would be beneficial to add that info. to their packaging).

Looking forward to the pets cartridge that will be coming out soon!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #399
Stazon Splitcoast

I was at the A Muse shop today and their pink Slice was actually cheaper than what is advertised by that link I provided. If you are interested in purchasing from them, I would recommend a call to the store.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #400
Hardware Hotshot

anyone notice if there is a military design card coming out? i would SO love one!