Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 12-19-2016, 11:06 AM   #1361
Die Cut Diva

I have created a monster my SIL who is my BF has been influenced by my crafting, she has always been into making chainmaille etc, but since I moved from the UK to Canada she has started doing more and more papercrafting......today I get a message 'I am thinking about getting a silhouette'.....wish she had told me before I got all her Christmas gifts, but I managed to secure a good deal on Amazon and it can be for her birthday, but she can have it early, as I am mean, but I am not cruel to make her wait 6 months lol!
mouseprints likes this post.
Unread 01-10-2017, 03:27 AM   #1362
Embossing Fanatic

Question Silhouette shrunk plastic

Has anyone got their hands on the Silhouette shrink plastic yet? Is it a lot thinner than normal shrink plastic? I suspect it can only be cut with the Cameo 3or the Curio, but I can't find any info to confirm that.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 01-10-2017, 03:30 AM   #1363
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukie View Post
it can be for her birthday, but she can have it early, as I am mean, but I am not cruel to make her wait 6 months lol!
You are both fortunate to have a family member that shares your interests, and she to have such a generous one.
pepperann likes this post.
Unread 01-10-2017, 05:59 AM   #1364
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieJenny View Post
Has anyone got their hands on the Silhouette shrink plastic yet? Is it a lot thinner than normal shrink plastic? I suspect it can only be cut with the Cameo 3or the Curio, but I can't find any info to confirm that.
I haven't seen it yet, I will do some research.

check out this blog

http://silhouetteuk.blogspot.com/201...k-plastic.html

Last edited by jukie; 01-10-2017 at 06:07 AM..
Unread 01-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #1365
Glitter Queen

Default Search terms in silhouette design store

Hi
I have been searching to see if anyone sells sets similar to MFT Blueprints on in the Silhouette design store, sets that can be purchased together to be used to make a variety of different cards. I have tried every combination of words I can think of, and even contacted the design store custome service people, who told me to just keep looking. Does anyone here have more experience with the types of terms I might be able to use to find these sets (if they are even sold on the site; the customer service rep told me they have too many designs to know whether they are even available).

Thanks for your help!
Kelly
Unread 01-14-2017, 02:47 AM   #1366
Embossing Fanatic

From what I have seen, there tend to be sets of similar things like a set of frames or a set of hearts rather than a set of different elements that go together. I must admit I think it is hard to find particular things in the Silhouette Store. It needs an "advanced search".
Unread 01-14-2017, 05:36 AM   #1367
Glitter Queen

Thank you, that helps!
Unread 01-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #1368
Embossing Fanatic

I am not sure which of the MFT Blueprints sets you are most interested. But I did come across a site with a wide variety of cut files for free which may help. Just go to the right side of the home page and click on "Cutting Files" under Categories. I have not used any of these files yet but there is a large variety.

Monicas Creative Room | A place full of creative ideas and a lot of free digital cutting files
Unread 01-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #1369
Glitter Queen

Default Thank you so much!! I'll be checking that out today!!!

Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherylH View Post
I am not sure which of the MFT Blueprints sets you are most interested. But I did come across a site with a wide variety of cut files for free which may help. Just go to the right side of the home page and click on "Cutting Files" under Categories. I have not used any of these files yet but there is a large variety.

Monicas Creative Room | A place full of creative ideas and a lot of free digital cutting files
DaisyNY likes this post.
Unread 01-15-2017, 07:44 AM   #1370
Crimping Master

I did some research on the MFT blueprint dies after reading your post. I have never paid attention to these sets before.

All you need to have every blue print die set are the following:
a circles (you can make this one yourself)
a square (you can make this one yourself)
a rectangle (you can make this one yourself)
a scalloped edge circle, square, rectangle, oval - I did buy sets of scalloped shapes.
a tag - I have purchased various tag shapes from the store.

For $32 for one set, you could buy metal nested die sets of basic shapes of all of the above and have 95% of every blue print die set they offer. Wow, these things are expensive.

And what really makes the die set are the stamps used in the project because the dies themselves are just basic shapes that you probably already own. If you go to MFT and look at all the blue print die sets lined up, they are all just basic shapes that you can search for in the Sil Store (and probably already own).
Unread 01-15-2017, 10:39 AM   #1371
Crimping Master

Thank you for sharing this web site. She is so talented. I am amazed how pretty her designs are.
Unread 01-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #1372
Glitter Queen

Default hadn't thought of that

[Wow, i hadnt looked at it that way before! I really appreciate you taking the time to !ook that up and share your thoughts! It is so helpful for someone with different experiences to look at something and see something that had eluded you. Thank you VERY MUCH!

QUOTE=Janet1000;21397020]I did some research on the MFT blueprint dies after reading your post. I have never paid attention to these sets before.

All you need to have every blue print die set are the following:
a circles (you can make this one yourself)
a square (you can make this one yourself)
a rectangle (you can make this one yourself)
a scalloped edge circle, square, rectangle, oval - I did buy sets of scalloped shapes.
a tag - I have purchased various tag shapes from the store.

For $32 for one set, you could buy metal nested die sets of basic shapes of all of the above and have 95% of every blue print die set they offer. Wow, these things are expensive.

And what really makes the die set are the stamps used in the project because the dies themselves are just basic shapes that you probably already own. If you go to MFT and look at all the blue print die sets lined up, they are all just basic shapes that you can search for in the Sil Store (and probably already own).[/QUOTE]
Unread 01-22-2017, 12:40 AM   #1373
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukie View Post
I haven't seen it yet, I will do some research.

check out this blog

Silhouette UK: How to Cut Dense Media - Shrink Plastic
I have now got the Silhouette brand shrink plastic in white. It is printable, as expected. The supplied instructions briefly cover the print and cut process but provide no info on cut settings or which machines can be used. Anyway I used the method in the link from Sil UK: cut on blade 1 then 2 then 3 then 4, with double cut selected each time. ( I only cut once for each blade setting, so it was a bit less cutting than in the link. ) This worked, although there was a cracking sound now and then. When it first happened I thought it might have been my blade cracking, but it was OK.
Unread 01-27-2017, 01:09 PM   #1374
Cardstock Collector

I am very new to the Silhouette, as in 1 day in. I have the Silhouette SD and my blade is not cutting through the paper completely. It's very frustrating. I don't want to do anything fancy and I don't know all the lingo. If anyone has any tips or tricks I would really appreciate it! Also, I use Stampin' UP! cardstock most of the time. Thanks again!
Unread 01-27-2017, 01:19 PM   #1375
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by semogn751 View Post
I am very new to the Silhouette, as in 1 day in. I have the Silhouette SD and my blade is not cutting through the paper completely. It's very frustrating. I don't want to do anything fancy and I don't know all the lingo. If anyone has any tips or tricks I would really appreciate it! Also, I use Stampin' UP! cardstock most of the time. Thanks again!

Are you able to tell us what setting you have your blade set at on your machine? both in the software and on the actual blade.
Unread 01-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #1376
Cardstock Collector

I have 3 color blades, yellow, blue and pink. I have the pink blade inserted right now because that is supposed to be used for thick cardstock.
Unread 01-27-2017, 01:44 PM   #1377
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
I have 3 color blades, yellow, blue and pink. I have the pink blade inserted right now because that is supposed to be used for thick cardstock.

Silhouette Deep Cut Blade Review (And What It Can Cut in CAMEO) - Silhouette School

is this the blade, this link may help.

the silhouette school blog is amazing
Unread 01-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #1378
Cardstock Collector

Thank you, I'll check it out!
Unread 01-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #1379
Compulsive Stamper

I am looking for a power cord for the Cameo if anyone has one from a machine that bit the dust.
Unread 01-28-2017, 06:33 AM   #1380
Hardware Hotshot

It sounds like you're using the old blades. You could try a double-cut, since SU cardstock is thick. You can also use the new blade housing and blades in the SD machine, as far as I know. I have the model that came out before the SD, the QuicKutz version, and they work in mine. HTH
Unread 01-28-2017, 01:45 PM   #1381
Crimping Master

Quote:
For SU cardstock, I use blade 3, speed 3, thickness 33, and always double cut. Sometimes I use speed 2 if the design is intricate.
Unread 01-31-2017, 01:35 AM   #1382
Embossing Fanatic

You might get more luck on the ISO section, someone might see it and know a friend who has one. It looks like you can buy one here: https://www.amazon.com/Silhouette-el.../dp/B00AQNUVBO.
Unread 02-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #1383
Embossing Fanatic

Help!!! I have been out of action for the past 18 months and haven't used my Cameo in that time. I have a new laptop and have recovered my files & updated to the cloud version. I am trying to organise my library into folders but can't drag and drop in the user section.
However when i drag and drop into the Cloud section i keep getting an error message saying it 'will attempt to recover normal operation'. I then have to quit without saving.
What is going on ???????