In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #1
Glitter Guru
 
SayStampsPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: a lil here and a lil there...
Posts: 5,957
Default Scanning dies?

I'm trying to figure out how to scan my dies so that I can fit my own sentiments or digital stamps in them I saw a post that this is possible but I'm NOT real savvy with computers. Does anyone know if there is a simple tutorial to follow?

Thanks!
SayStampsPlease is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 196
Default

Is this what you're looking for?

Custom Fit your Sentiments into your Die Cuts!
__________________
Colleen
cgeemvf is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Glitter Guru
 
SayStampsPlease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: a lil here and a lil there...
Posts: 5,957
Default

OH M GOODNESS.....YESSSSSS! Thank you sooooo much Just peeked at post and going to read up and thank the original poster...

I'm so excited!!! Love, love, LOVE the help and support of fellow SCS'rs!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeemvf View Post
Is this what you're looking for?

Custom Fit your Sentiments into your Die Cuts!
SayStampsPlease is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #4
Watercolor Wizard
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 8,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayStampsPlease View Post
I'm trying to figure out how to scan my dies so that I can fit my own sentiments or digital stamps in them I saw a post that this is possible but I'm NOT real savvy with computers. Does anyone know if there is a simple tutorial to follow?

Thanks!
I'm also not savvy with many computer programs. I notice that the tutorial uses Photoshop, which would leave me out, lol.

When I want to put a computer sentiment inside a die cut, I just print my sentiment on cardstock. Then I center my die around the sentiment, and run it through my Cuttlebug. I do this all the time, and it's a pretty simple method.
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Matboard Maniac
 
Card Maker 01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: L.A. area
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I'm also not savvy with many computer programs. I notice that the tutorial uses Photoshop, which would leave me out, lol.
Oh, Buggainok, no! Read on... I don't use Photoshop, just Word. The idea is to scan each die and make a .jpg out of it, then insert each one in a Word Master Sheet and resize so that each one is as close to the original size as possible. Then you can copy the die you need to insert into another Word document in order to fit the placement so that you can get as many on the page as possible. Then save that doc. for future use so you won't have to redo it each time. Just allow enough space around each .jpg to cut out so that you can use it in your die cutter. I can't say that this method takes any less time than yours, but it might waste less paper and you can have it available for future projects.
Card Maker 01 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
Watercolor Wizard
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 8,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Maker 01 View Post
Oh, Buggainok, no! Read on... I don't use Photoshop, just Word. The idea is to scan each die and make a .jpg out of it, then insert each one in a Word Master Sheet and resize so that each one is as close to the original size as possible. Then you can copy the die you need to insert into another Word document in order to fit the placement so that you can get as many on the page as possible. Then save that doc. for future use so you won't have to redo it each time. Just allow enough space around each .jpg to cut out so that you can use it in your die cutter. I can't say that this method takes any less time than yours, but it might waste less paper and you can have it available for future projects.
Thanks for sharing your technique. As my grandma used to say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat!"
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
Matboard Maniac
 
Card Maker 01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: L.A. area
Posts: 333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Thanks for sharing your technique. As my grandma used to say, "There's more than one way to skin a cat!"
Poor kitty!



The more tricks we have the better we can get our projects done! Its good to know several techniques: one might be easier or faster or waste less cardstock or be better overall or help us to think of other ways or to improve on what is available.

Your method is certainly a lot faster (the initial prep work getting the Master Sheet and then the usable sheet does take awhile to set up.
Card Maker 01 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off