Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-22-2014, 01:53 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 76 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Ranger's Tim Holtz Distressed Paints

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any of you have had to throw out your Distressed Paints; I opened some that hadn't even been unwrapped and they were dry beyond repair as well as the rest of the previously-opened ones. Anyway, had to throw 10 bottles away. That afternoon I was talking to another lady at my local scrapbooking store, and she said she had the same problem; she had one of every color and had to throw all of them out. This is very distressing!! not to mention very expensive. I emailed Ranger last Friday but have not had any response.

I also had an issued with the daubers themselves; after one use, the paint would not even come thru the dauber the next time I used it so I had to open the bottle each time I used it.

What is your experience?

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2014, 05:37 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

The only problem I've had was some missing mixing ball from the first ones I bought. I emailed Ranger and they sent me some right away. They aren't open on the weekend so you'll probably hear from them Monday. You should retrieve the bottles from the trash - Ranger may want them. I've been using up all my old Adirondack dabbers because of issues with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you. The ones I have did not have the mixing balls in them; I bought stainless steel ones on the internet to put in all the bottles I had and that is when I discovered that all of them had dried up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunriseaView Post
Thank you. The ones I have did not have the mixing balls in them; I bought stainless steel ones on the internet to put in all the bottles I had and that is when I discovered that all of them had dried up.
My first 24 had only three without the mixing balls. All purchased since have had them. Did you know they should have mixing balls? The Distress paints are so fluid I've not had any problem with the tops either.

I wonder how the were stored/handled by where you purchased them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2014, 02:15 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

You should definitely get a response off Ranger- I found they have excellent customer service. Get the bottles back and take some pictures. Last year I bought a number of DI refills, at a Craft & Hobby show, from a number of different vendors. Over the next couple of months I gradually opened them,then saw a post on here about issues with Aged Mahogany DI reinker so I opened the rest and found I had two that were all thick and horrible. I took a photo, emailed Ranger, and within a week I had replacements sent to me from their UK supplier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2014, 05:35 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you! I just checked the trash can in my kraft room and fortunately, there are in the bottom; I was afraid my husband had emptied it! I'll definitely do that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
My first 24 had only three without the mixing balls. All purchased since have had them. Did you know they should have mixing balls? The Distress paints are so fluid I've not had any problem with the tops either.

I wonder how the were stored/handled by where you purchased them.

None of mind had mixing balls. I bought them at the local scrapbook store and they stored them on the racks made for the paints. I kept them in the metal "suitcase" by Tim Holtz that was made just for these acrylic paints.

I never found them to be fluid from the start and very difficult to get the paint through the dauber top. After the first use, the daubers were dried up and the paint would not come through so I had to remove the top to use the paint. The only ones I could keep were the metallics which are fine.

A friend has bottles that do not have the mixing balls and she bought bb's to use so she apparently she has the same generation of paint daubers that I have and her's are not dried up.

We see what happens.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

None of mind had mixing balls. I bought them at the local scrapbook store and they stored them on the racks made for the paints. I kept them in the metal "suitcase" by Tim Holtz that was made just for these acrylic paints.

I never found them to be fluid from the start and very difficult to get the paint through the dauber top. .
That sounds just like my Adironack dabbers that I've been using up - most with a brush. Technically the metal storage box was made for the Adironack paints but the bottles of Distress Paints are the same size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 02:22 PM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
The only problem I've had was some missing mixing ball from the first ones I bought. I emailed Ranger and they sent me some right away. They aren't open on the weekend so you'll probably hear from them Monday. You should retrieve the bottles from the trash - Ranger may want them. I've been using up all my old Adirondack dabbers because of issues with them.
They wouldn't do anything because they said mine were over 2 years old. Oh well, won't by them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2014, 02:30 PM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

They wouldn't do anything because they said mine were over 2 years old. Oh well, won't by them again.
Distress Paints were introduced at January 2013 CHA. cha-winter 2013 sneak peek? ranger distress | Tim Holtz
Reply With Quote Likes