Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2005, 10:52 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quickutz Q's

Do any of you have the Quickutz system ? I have the sizzix but it's so big & heavy, I saw quickutz online & was wondering how it compared....Love to hear what you think of it.

Heidi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I lovew my QUICKUTZ!!!!! ANs I have lots of the shapes and alphas too.

It's much smaller and lighter than the Sizzix and more portable. I wouldn't be without it!!!!! Each one of the dies is wafer thin metal and you don't have to cut your paper down into small sizes to insert into the cutter like you do a sizzix. I like the Alphas so much better. They tend to be more classic or even classic fun styles, instead of so Cutesy. Some ofthe shape dies have tow pieces so that they are layered giving your die cuts more of an dimensional look. Each of the dies also fit into vynil pages taht store into a binder verses fitting into a tray and taking up more room assoes the sizzix.

HTH
Sharon
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I love my Qickutz! I use it alot for my cards...I like the size of it, and how the dies are small and fit in a binder.. The alphas are small and fit great on cards and in scrapbooks... I love the adorable shapes..
Winnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

another fan here. i have both but so far i've only done one title with the alpha from the sizzix. i haven't had the quickutz that long, but i've done several things with it already and i'm planning a scrapping weekend (to make up for a week from heck here at work!) and plan to use it a lot. i have about 6 alphabets and maybe 6 shapes. and i'm thinking i should be ashamed of that, but i'm not. i've accepted my addiction and figure there are worse things to be addicted to, right? buy it, you will enjoy it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 12:20 PM   #5  
LSN
Glitter Guru

I'm another quickutz fan. Everyone above has summed up all the reasons why I like Quickutz. I find the best deals are on line. If you do a search on your web browser for quickutz, you'll find several sites that sell with a 30% - 40% discount.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

oh yes, Linda brings up a great point. don't ever spend full price or a price that is less than 30% off for a current set. i've educated myself a bit in this collecting binge. while i like to help out the local stores, and they get lots of my business, most of the time they will order for you the dies at 20% off the full price. nice though that is, i can order them online for 30% off. and i found i got them faster when i ordered them online that way. and mainly, the more money i save, the more i can spend on more things. she who dies with the most craft supplies wins, right?

the two online vendors i learned about from here were www.scrapbookexpress.com and www.crazyscraps.com. i ordered from the first one and i was very pleased!

back in may, i believe, quickutz gave everyone the OK to sell them at 40% off. that was the second time this year they had done that (according to one of my local scrapbook stores). i ordered a few then, i have to admit. and then the local stores offered them at 40% off just like the online vendors. so now i'm sort of waiting for another go around of 40% off. there are many more dies i must own. yes, must! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 06:30 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks for everyones input, posts & pm's, I have a b'day coming up & DH gets tired of LSS gifts certs, so this would be an actual "thing" lol...

Thankyou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2005, 06:58 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I have both. I really prefer the Sizzix (ducking as boo's and hissing are directed my way ;) ) The Quickutz is very hard on the hands and wrists and it takes some coordination to operate. The Quickutz dies are really expensive, even at 30% off. The dies are really small. My Sizzix is so user friendly that my Cub Scouts used it frequently. My mom who suffered a stroke several years ago loves it. I can cut anything--cork, fabric, paper, fun foam, even rubber scraps from my SU! stamps. I have used it time and time again and never regreted the purchase. I have often regreted buying the stupid Quickutz that sits in a box, unloved and unused.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 04:48 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I have both and I use both. I guess you have to play with them fo yourself. I will say that I started out with the Quickutz and it killed my hand. Then I got the Sizzix machine but didn't have any dies. Then I got the sidekick w/the Azure dies and someone wanted to buy the Sizzix from me, but for some reason, I didn't want to let the sizzix go. Oh well
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 05:30 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the sizzix and the sizzix sidekick (which I love) but I just ordered the new QK because it's supposed to squeeze easier-I had a problem with the blue one which is why I ended up with all the sizzix stuff. I love my sizzix but I think I'm going to enjoy the qk more because you don't have to cut the paper down to size before you can use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 05:40 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I think the Sizzix Sidekick will cut the QK dies with the new adapter that just came out. I've never used the QK handle because I kept hearing complaints that it was difficult and tiring to use. I love the QK dies, but I use them in my Wizard. It might be worth investigating the Sidekick. It's a cute little machine that's very easy to use. Also, Michael's will probably have a 50% coupon for the Labor Day weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 06:55 PM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I just got the sidekick with the adaptor for the QK dies - it works really good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2005, 07:59 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have QK dies, but I don't have a QK tool! I use my Sizzix SideKick All you have to do is build up the bottom of the sandwich with thin cardboard and/or CS. I've been looking for the adapter since March (when Sizzix said it was supposed to come out) still haven't found it! I tried the QK handle and HATED it, but I LOVE the dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 07:24 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I have QK too. I like the dies better than other die cut machines. That may be because I only make cards, no scrapbooks. However, the handle is awful. Since I had surgery on my wrist, I haven't used it. I was in my local scrapbook store and tried out the new handle and it is WAY better. Heck, I could do it with one hand. I bought it on the spot. I think it only comes with an alphabet set at this point. But, it is worth it. My other handle is going in the garbage. I asked QK if they would honor a trade for merchandise. No luck, but worth a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 09:30 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have both and enjoy using both for different reasons. Quickutz is way more portable and I use it a lot for just cutting out tags for my cards. I also like the designs they do. I like their little dies and the folder for keeping them in.

I have the large Sizzix and the convertor for Quickutz, but my Sizzix is a pain to get out all the time. I have the Bounce alphabet which I got from ebay at a really reasonable price.

Quickutz have just bought out a new handset I see, with a large palm handle to make it easier to use.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 10:08 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

the palm handle thing is an attachment you can buy for any of the cutting tools. it is called "comfy kutz" or something like that. those that have trouble with the QK tool, do you use it with the cradle and the comfy kutz? it does make a difference. though i could see that for some that isn't enough. i'm curious to try out the new tool, mainly because i just love the pretty pink color. how lame am i? but interesting to hear that it really made a difference to use! though don't toss out your other handle, sell it on ebay! may as well get some cash for it, then you can pick up some more dies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 10:53 AM   #17  
Embossing Fanatic

Red face

I have both, and honestly, don't think I could do without either. Quickutz is easier to take places and the dies are cheaper but I still won't be without my Sizzix.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by saden
I have both, and honestly, don't think I could do without either. Quickutz is easier to take places and the dies are cheaper but I still won't be without my Sizzix.

I have both and have been asked which one I liked better and my answer was I like both but for different reasons. Quikutz dies are all one size but they have awesome ones, where Sizzix has many different sizes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 11:50 AM   #19  
Glitter Guru

I have both I love QK for letters for scrapbook titles - I cut them out and use the xyron X to mount them. I love my quickutz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I love my Quickutz! I think their alphabets are more stylish than Sizzix, IMHO. They do come in more than one size, a classic, a mini and a skinny mini. You do need strength to squeeze although I have not tried the new pink or black model. The new alphabets, olivia, silhouette and lucy are really cute. I am a new demo, so I can't get any more quickutz until I show a profit. They also have a set of shapes in a theme that are released each month. I have the retro set with parallelograms, 50's shapes. It coordinates well with some of SU's retro sets like Cool Cat, twinkle wheel, The new Hula set, etc.. Charlotte
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 04:52 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Lindalee, I'm with you. I prefer my Sizzix over Quickkuts. I tried QK at a convention, and it was so hard to press the handle! Sizzix is coming out with a lot more dies now, I just got some cute ones this weekend at an Expo. Sizzix has my vote.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 06:02 PM   #22  
Glitter Guru

I love my Quickutz.. I also have a Sizzix and a Zipemate.... They are all different and good in their own way. I love my Quickutz cause the dies are great and better than the sizzix imo. I love i can sit on the couch and watch tv while i am punch out letters or whatever. They also fit great on cards where sizzix is bigger and great for Scrapbooks but don't fit on cards very good... This is my my 2 cents...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2005, 07:22 PM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

Cool

I love the quickuts system! it is great for card making or scrapbooking!
Reply With Quote Likes