Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default Provo Craft (Cuttlebug) Angel Policy

Okay, I admit it, I tried to read the fine print in the Provo Craft angel policy but gave up when I found my mind wandering....

I'm wondering if I can make a card using a Provo Craft Cuddlebug folder and incorporate other (non-Provo Craft) items into it; e.g., SU stamps, etc., and still legally sell the card?

Can someone help me answer this? Here's a link to the angel policy: Provo Craft.

Thx!
barb
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #2
Kookie Creator

I think you're okay if you make a few cards and sell them locally. Sounds like you may not mass-produce cards and sell them at retail locations (like Hallmark does) or claim the Cuttlebug folder design as your own. Happy selling!!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
Glitter Queen

I asked a similiar question a few days ago. The policy posted on their website appears to be the "old" policy. There was a memo that is posted in the news section of their website that says they have a new updated policy (April 2010). The change came after the Cricut Cake machine came out, but they wanted to have a simple, uniform statement for all Provocraft products. Basically, you can sell up to 10,000 units of items made with Cricut products, but you cannot sell unassembled cuts.

=====

New Update about Provo Craft’s Angel Policy

April 23rd, 2010
We've gotten some great feedback on the Angel Policy revision we made last week as it pertains to Cake. It's such great feedback, in fact, that we’d like to do something similar for paper crafters and mixed media artists. Moving forward, we're going to combine cake and other mediums so there's just one Angel Policy for everyone. And at the same time, we’d like to provide a bit more clarity to that policy. This will be the official policy going forward, and while there could be additional adjustments or clarifications from time to time, we don’t anticipate any significant changes in the near future.

This new Angel Policy still does not authorize you to produce and sell individual, unassembled cuts using Cricut products (i.e., mass producing individually-cut letters or shapes to re-sell). It does, however, authorize you to sell up to 10,000 completed projects annually (i.e., cards, scrapbook pages, finished cakes), using cuts made with Cricut products. This revision offers the most flexibility possible to those who wish to create and sell projects made using any of the Provo Craft products, while also protecting the creative ideas and images of the independent artists with whom we work to produce art for our cartridges.

We’ve tried to make this new policy as simple and clear as possible. We hope you’ll be really happy with what it allows you to do. But if there’s any part of this policy that you’re still unclear or unhappy about, please call our customer service department at 1-800-937-7686 and we’ll answer your questions. We also recognize that limiting the sale of completed projects to 10,000 differs from what we shared last week specifically with respect to the use of Cricut Cake. So if you bought Cricut Cake this week and find this revision no longer meets your needs, you can contact Customer Service by April 30, 2010 for a refund.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:57 AM   #4
Glitter Queen

Oh, you may need to check the other company's angel policies too. Some of them have statements that you need to have each item labeled with their company name and cannot use other company's products on that same item.

To play devil's advocate, there has also been talk that angel policy's are not legally binding and they can't really enforce it...