Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2010, 02:22 AM   #1521
Glitter Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by casslarson View Post
I just uploaded a new card using my Prismacolor pencils

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=147639
Beautiful!! Having the totally white background really makes the gorgeous bird 'pop'. Love it!

My Gallery My Blog

Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart - Piglet
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #1522
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to jogrybali Send a message via Skype™ to jogrybali

Thanks for the tutorial,
Old 06-03-2010, 07:27 AM   #1523
Polyshrink Goddess

Nice cards Cass and Dina!
Old 06-03-2010, 10:19 AM   #1524
Insane Embellisher

Gorgeous cards Cass & Dini!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #1525
Kookie Creator

Hey All! I've been missing from this thread for a while now, but I just wanted to check in and say that I went to Toronto this weekend and took TWO classes from Paula Williamson "PaulaTracy" on here...or Paper Possibilities (her blog). OMG! Awesome stuff I learned!
I posted one of the cards we colored at her class on my blog and will follow up with more all this week. If you wanna come take a look!!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:26 PM   #1526
Rubber Obsessor

Send a message via Yahoo to jogrybali Send a message via Skype™ to jogrybali

Love your cards and perfect colouring.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:59 PM   #1527
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via AIM to Jan R
Default House Mouse colours

Can anyone give me some tips on colouring House Mouse stamps? I have finally shouted myself a couple of these stamps and would like some hints on colouring them, especially faces and ears.
P.S. I don't like it when the spellchecker tells me I am spelling colouring wrong, it's only cos I am an Aussie and that's how we spell it, so it's not that I can't spell! LOL.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:29 PM   #1528
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Not sure if I've posted this before, but here's a blog post I did taking step-by-step pictures of my coloring on a HM image:

http://mamadinis.blogspot.com/2008/1...use-mouse.html

Next time I color one I'll take note of what colors I use.

If you hear a voice within you say you cannot paint,
then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh

Old 06-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #1529
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via MSN to pcm2004 Send a message via Yahoo to pcm2004

Ok, was lead to this thread by another scser and I am glad to be here - have only read through page one of 39 pages (so far) so I will have to read as I have time. GREAT information so far - and I will have to go back and write down the different color combos just on page one!! Have an image with pants - so those comments are good to know - thanks all - I decided to go with prismas rather than copics because of the price - have only the 24 + I just bought a few more last night - Aaron Brothers in our area is having a sale 40% off on all prismas - until next week I think - so I will be picking up a few more open stock pencils as I can. Oh, I am so happy to be here!!

Have you been to the SPA lately? Come see what I have been creating over at the Paper Spa
I Make cards for Operation Write Home
Visit myStampin' Up Website - where you will find all the latest greatest from Stampin' Up. The new catalog is GORGEOUS with alot of new fun stuff - and you can get it for free. Contact me for details.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #1530
Insane Embellisher

Welcome to this thread Paula, you will find a lot of very useful info here.
Dina K your tutorial is lovely. I remember seeing it before but I checked it out again to see if you had noted what colours you used for your mouse. I guess though that mice come in all colours, or at least Australian ones do! LOL.

Last edited by Jan R; 06-05-2010 at 03:44 PM..
Old 06-06-2010, 09:32 PM   #1531
Pearl-ExPert

I have been reading for the last couples days as I have had time - and making notes. I am on page 18 now - so not quite half way through the posts - but OH SO much good information. I will be taking a class (actually 2) from Karen Lockhart next week, so I am thrilled to have the link to her favorite colors of prismas - looking forward even more to her class now. Anyway, hope to finish reading through these posts by the end of the day tomorrow - we will see. I bought a 24 set and then went back and bought 6 more and then today bought I think 14 more colors - but I am sure before the week is out, I will be buying more - Aaron Brothers sale is still on - 40% off - not bad for a local store.

Have you been to the SPA lately? Come see what I have been creating over at the Paper Spa
Visit myStampin' Up Website - where you will find all the latest greatest from Stampin' Up. The new catalog is GORGEOUS with alot of new fun stuff - and you can get it for free. Contact me for details.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #1532
Pearl-ExPert

DONE!!! I have read EVERY post on this thread over the last couple of days - have gathered a handful (or more) of pencils and am ready to go out and get my blending solution of choice - whatever I decide that to be.
Question - someone mentioned an SU comparison chart? I have written down a few of the comparisons for the Incolors that were posted - but I haven't seen where to get one for all the SU colors.
Now I can see that I am going to have to request more images from the wishrak list -
I am off now to have lunch with my dh - then find the blending solution and blending stumps - I think I will be coloring tonight. Yeah!! (Not that I haven't already done some)

Old 06-07-2010, 12:38 PM   #1533
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Paula. You got thru all the pages faster than I did. Don't you love having so much good info in one place? I started out with a small set also and have been adding pencils a few at a time when I can find them on sale. I only need two more to have the whole set.
2014 100 in 100 Challenge round #2 40/100
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #1534
Insane Embellisher

Paula you will love colouring with the pencils. I call it my "kindy" colouring (as in kindergarten) It is very relaxing and once you start you will want to get every Prisma there is. I just started off buying about 10 pencils to see if I liked them and then gradually buying a few more here and there. Of course the cheaper option is large sets to start with, but of course I didn't know when I started that they would be addictive! I have about 70 I think, but still want more. I also like to have lots of stumps as I just keep one for reds, one for greens etc. Enjoy!
Old 06-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #1535
Pearl-ExPert

Just got back home from taking my daughter to buy her first car!! She is excited - but reading through the forum this morning and then this errand this afternoon has given me NO time to play. HOWEVER, while out, I did pick up some tortillions - my LSS had a package of 4 - 4 different sizes all made in Taiwan - so I am set with those. I also picke up the Memento stamp pad - though I have Staz-on Jet Black and an Archival Sepia pad, but had wanted to get the memento one to try. Now I just need to get the oms and I think I will be set - thinking tonight might be a good time to just sit and relax and color!!

Old 06-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #1536
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggonecrafts View Post
Hey All! I've been missing from this thread for a while now, but I just wanted to check in and say that I went to Toronto this weekend and took TWO classes from Paula Williamson "PaulaTracy" on here...or Paper Possibilities (her blog). OMG! Awesome stuff I learned!
I posted one of the cards we colored at her class on my blog and will follow up with more all this week. If you wanna come take a look!!
Lucky girl!

Blog Paper Rocks!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #1537
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, didn't get ANY coloring done last night. Plan to pick up the OMS today sometime. I did find out yesterday that the Karen Lockhart classes I signed up for at my LSS have been cancelled!! I was REALLY looking forward to the classes too.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:03 AM   #1538
Pearl-ExPert

I FINALLY did it!! I got some sansodor and of course a FEW more pencils - and this morning I colored an image of a stamp I just got in the mail this week. I am SO pleased with the results and I know it could not have happened without the incredible help on this forum. So, THANKS everyone.
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=106522

Old 06-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #1539
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcm2004 View Post
I FINALLY did it!! I got some sansodor and of course a FEW more pencils - and this morning I colored an image of a stamp I just got in the mail this week. I am SO pleased with the results and I know it could not have happened without the incredible help on this forum. So, THANKS everyone.
It turned out beautifully! I love the light airy look of your coloring, it goes so well with the image.

Blog Paper Rocks!
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #1540
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknath View Post
It turned out beautifully! I love the light airy look of your coloring, it goes so well with the image.
Thanks Kim - it was fun to color it. I will be stamping off a few more of these so I can play with different colors - hmm, greens, purples, blues!

Old 06-10-2010, 09:54 AM   #1541
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
She turned out so pretty! You did a lovely job of coloring.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #1542
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you Angie - today I will get a chance to do more coloring while I am at work - I will be watching the desk - so plenty of time to color. I work in a spa as a Massage Therapist.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #1543
Stazon Splitcoast

I want a job like that. I'm lucky to be able to check SCS during the day, let alone color.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:39 PM   #1544
Pearl-ExPert

Well, when it's busy, I am happy because then I have 'crafting money'.
Today I went back to the art store where I have been buying my pencils. I had picked up a 6 pencil set yesterday and it didn't have three of the colors it was supposed to - the package said it was to have Kelp Green, Gingerroot, and Sky Blue Light - well, it had powder blue (I already had that one) and I am not sure what colors they substituted for the other two - so I ended up with three duplicate colors - so I took them into the store and they happily exchanged them for me - however, they were out of Kelp Green - so I just picked another color I didn't have! Plus - I got 12 more colors - so I am 'slowly' getting the colors!

Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #1545
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
DONE!!! I have read EVERY post on this thread over the last couple of days - have gathered a handful (or more) of pencils and am ready to go out and get my blending solution of choice - whatever I decide that to be.
Question - someone mentioned an SU comparison chart? I have written down a few of the comparisons for the Incolors that were posted - but I haven't seen where to get one for all the SU colors.
Now I can see that I am going to have to request more images from the wishrak list -
I am off now to have lunch with my dh - then find the blending solution and blending stumps - I think I will be coloring tonight. Yeah!! (Not that I haven't already done some)
The comparison chart is here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...6#post16492666
I just updated it with the 5 new colors for 2010-2011 and the 5 new In Colors for 2010-2011.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #1546
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Very nice coloring! It's fun picking out new pencils isn't it! Have fun with them!
Old 06-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #1547
Insane Embellisher

Well done Paula, your card is lovely, I have that stamp too and it is such a cutie. I am going to get another few colours today when I visit my local art store.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #1548
Pearl-ExPert

Well, I got more colors today! Soon, I will have them all. I was able to trade in three duplicates today - but then ended up getting 2 of another color - oh, well - it will teach me to look better at the pencils when I select them.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #1549
Insane Embellisher

Paula, if you go back to post 1449 by Mr Hambo you will get a Prisma chart you can print off chart and as you buy your colours you fill it in and then keep it tucked in your bag when you are shopping, it's a good way not to double up.

Last edited by Jan R; 06-11-2010 at 01:10 AM..
Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 AM   #1550
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Jan - I do have one of those charts - and I had filled it out - however, I think what happened was there was a color in the wrong slot and I didn't check to make sure the color I was pulling was the color it said. So, next time I will check to be sure.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:09 AM   #1551
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionna51 View Post
The comparison chart is here:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...6#post16492666
I just updated it with the 5 new colors for 2010-2011 and the 5 new In Colors for 2010-2011.
Thank you Diane! I think I will print this off and stuck a small piece of each color cardstock I have to it and then color part of the box with my penicls. Then I will know which colors I have right off with out having to search for them.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #1552
Pearl-ExPert

I was online this morning - looking at the leather case from Dick Blick and decided to click on store locations! Lo and behold - there is a Dick Blick store (in fact TWO) in my area. I may take a trip down to one of the stores later this morning - would like to get the leather case as I can probably fill half of it at the moment. I have more pencils on order - not sure when that will come through. I think with that order I will have 'almost' all of the colors! May have to get the balance of them if I make it to Dick Blick today! Oh, I LOVE color in my life! Did tulips yesterday while waiting for clients - will have to make a card and post it later as well - off to do errands now!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #1553
Pearl-ExPert

I called the local Dick Blick store - just to see if the prices were any different in store - well - yes they are!! And, not better. The leather case was a couple dollars more - not a big deal - but then add the tax and drive down there - at least a 30 minute drive for me - and I think ordering online might be cheaper - or at least not any less than going in to the store. They also did not have the antique brown one, which I wanted. The other thing I found out was that there pencil prices were ALOT more than online - .92 online vs $1.49 in store! I don't THINK so - I ordered more from the Marker Supply and am anxiously awaiting that order.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:00 AM   #1554
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi all! Been awhile since I posted any work. Here's a link to a drawing I just put up here.... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=150986

If you are interested in colored pencils and want to learn more there is a great colored pencil forum called Scribble Talk. All sorts of artists of all skill levels are there. Fun place and you can really learn a lot. My name over there is Timbo. Say hi in the welcome forum if you choose to join. You have to register to see any images.

Tim
Old 06-23-2010, 04:27 AM   #1555
Glitter Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHambo View Post
Hi all! Been awhile since I posted any work. Here's a link to a drawing I just put up here.... http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...&ppuser=150986

If you are interested in colored pencils and want to learn more there is a great colored pencil forum called Scribble Talk. All sorts of artists of all skill levels are there. Fun place and you can really learn a lot. My name over there is Timbo. Say hi in the welcome forum if you choose to join. You have to register to see any images.

Tim
Your drawing is SPECTACULAR! Thanks for the link to Scribble Talk too.

My Gallery My Blog

Sometimes the smallest things take the most room in your heart - Piglet
Old 06-23-2010, 04:31 AM   #1556
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Tim
Your tree is incredible (the whole thing is but the tree is extra special) you have such a great color "instinct". Were you born with it or did you develop it?

Blog Paper Rocks!
Old 06-23-2010, 04:49 AM   #1557
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Jocelyn ! Scribble Talk is a great forum!

Thanks Kim! Ask Monica about my color sense when I dress me or my son... lol. I've been reading about color and going through the forums on ST. In college I painted in black and white because color confused me. Still does but I'm working on it.

Tim
Old 06-23-2010, 04:49 AM   #1558
Pearl-ExPert

Tim, your drawing is great. I like the tree too - but also like the 'lights' in the windows.doors. Very cool picture. TFS

Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 AM   #1559
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Tim
He is just too cute! Love the lights in the windows. Thanks for sharing Tim!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:07 AM   #1560
Embossing Fanatic

Amazing coloring.. Hard to think your color sense doesn't come naturally. I feel like the most color-sense-challenged person alive.. but am looking forward to learning all I can. The scribbletalk forum will help. Thanks!