In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree47Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #801
Kookie Creator
 
miamiscrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 464
Default

Another first attempter here! I've been hooked on this thread and I finally broke down and bought a set of prismas. I've been working with the pencils for a week now. Tonight I decided to create my first card (link below) using prismacolors and gamsol. I'm looking for some honest critique. I'm really wanting to perfect this technique as much as possible : )

Thanks in advance!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=86218
__________________
Bwgayoso
miamiscrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #802
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_v View Post
I just got my Fresh Snow pad today. I had a gift certificate for PTI for mom's day, so while I paid $6.50 for shipping, I bought a few other things. I haven't done anything more than open the package just yet. I plan to play with it tonight once the kiddoes are tucked into bed. I'll let you know what I think.
Okay, this pad is so totally worth every penny! Check it out. I figured the best test was stamping on black card stock. I stamped a super cute Leanne Ellis design onto Gina K's pure lux black cardstock. It is so super crisp and white.



I am so glad I stalked PTI for 3 months to finally catch this pad in stock! I can't wait to color my girl in using Jenn's chalkboard technique with my pencils!

V
__________________
See my cards on my blog
just_v is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:38 PM   #803
Inking Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 90
Default

WOW. That is some amazing white ink!! Thanks so much for taking the time to show me a pic... $12.50 is a little steep, but looking VERY WORTH IT in my opinion.
Heading over to PTI to checkout now Thanks a million! ps--what is the chalkboard technique?
bstreeter is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:54 AM   #804
Pearl-ExPert
 
cvansluys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,136
Send a message via Yahoo to cvansluys
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_v View Post
Okay, this pad is so totally worth every penny! Check it out. I figured the best test was stamping on black card stock. I stamped a super cute Leanne Ellis design onto Gina K's pure lux black cardstock. It is so super crisp and white.



I am so glad I stalked PTI for 3 months to finally catch this pad in stock! I can't wait to color my girl in using Jenn's chalkboard technique with my pencils!

V
Love how crisp that ink is!!!! Now why don't you color it for us....I have never tried coloring on black...you?
__________________
Cindy
My Blog - My Gallery
cvansluys is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 05:26 AM   #805
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreeter View Post
WOW. That is some amazing white ink!! Thanks so much for taking the time to show me a pic... $12.50 is a little steep, but looking VERY WORTH IT in my opinion.
Heading over to PTI to checkout now Thanks a million! ps--what is the chalkboard technique?
$12.50 was always a bit steep to me, but I planned on buying a few extras when I ordered. I got some of their new rustic cardstock and I'm really looking forward to coloring on it. It's very smooth while still looking vintage.

V
__________________
See my cards on my blog
just_v is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #806
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jenjoy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 55,095
Default

Well if you spend $55 you get FREE shipping from PTI! I am going to get that ink pad with its finally in stock and I am placing an order.. I always have no problem reaching $55! LMBO!
__________________
Jennifer
jenjoy71 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 06:42 AM   #807
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MrHambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiscrapper View Post
Another first attempter here! I've been hooked on this thread and I finally broke down and bought a set of prismas. I've been working with the pencils for a week now. Tonight I decided to create my first card (link below) using prismacolors and gamsol. I'm looking for some honest critique. I'm really wanting to perfect this technique as much as possible : )

Thanks in advance!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=86218

Very nice first attempt! One thing everyone can always do is push the values a little more. Go darker maybe in the middle of the flower. And don't be afraid to use colors that you might think don't belong there. Feel free to use reds in grass and oranges in water..etc. Thanks for sharing!
MrHambo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #808
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHambo View Post
Very nice first attempt! One thing everyone can always do is push the values a little more. Go darker maybe in the middle of the flower. And don't be afraid to use colors that you might think don't belong there. Feel free to use reds in grass and oranges in water..etc. Thanks for sharing!
Oh yes! I agree! Also, when you're doing nature items, do a google image search so you have a reference of what that item looks like in nature.

V
__________________
See my cards on my blog
just_v is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:11 AM   #809
Kookie Creator
 
miamiscrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 464
Default

Thanks for your feedback - I really appreciate it! I'll continue to practice : )
__________________
Bwgayoso
miamiscrapper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #810
Die Cut Diva
 
stamper1996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Waukesha WI
Posts: 3,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHambo View Post
First attempt? The look great! Keep them coming.

Here's one I put up tonight....Racer Boy. I'm having fun with these digital images.
That is a great card! You are a great artist.
__________________
Happiness is being kneaded.
Avatar is my childhood kitty, Berries.
stamper1996 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #811
Watercolor Wizard
 
SherryLC05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Carrollton, VA
Posts: 15,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiscrapper View Post
Another first attempter here! I've been hooked on this thread and I finally broke down and bought a set of prismas. I've been working with the pencils for a week now. Tonight I decided to create my first card (link below) using prismacolors and gamsol. I'm looking for some honest critique. I'm really wanting to perfect this technique as much as possible : )

Thanks in advance!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=86218
I'm a beginner also, but IMO that card is absolutely stunning! You are doing great with the technique! As soon as I get all these pencils sharpened I am going to have to find time to play and practice. I cannot wait!!

BTW- I bought an Exacto Electric Pencil Sharpener from Wal-mart for $19.97 and it seems to be doing a great job with the sharpening. It has a heavy duty motor so it doesn't stop like the one that I borrowed from work. I am over halfway through now.....and it is still going strong.
SherryLC05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #812
Gallery Gazer
 
mtgchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 6,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_v View Post
$12.50 was always a bit steep to me, but I planned on buying a few extras when I ordered. I got some of their new rustic cardstock and I'm really looking forward to coloring on it. It's very smooth while still looking vintage.

V
I wasn't sure if I'd like their rustic cardstock or not, so I only bought a small package...it is so yummy, I may even like it more than their regular white (although I've only done a small bit of prisma coloring on it). I will definitely be ordering some more next time, as well as some more of their kraft (here's a card I did using prismas on the kraft)
__________________
Meg
My Gallery
mtgchic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:30 PM   #813
Glitter Queen
 
Gypsiwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 15
Default

Is there a difference between the Prismacolor watercolor pencils and their premier colored pencils insofar as the finished effect of the colors on paper? Is there a preference of one over the other and if so, why? Although I have been using watercolor pencils, both dry and wet, I am leaning towards purchasing the premier coloring pencils and am seeking opinions with which to make a decision one way or the other. Thanks.

Ballo ergo sum,
- Gitana, the Creative Diva
__________________
Ballo ergo sum,
- Gitana, the Creative Diva
www.gitana-thecreativediva.blogspot.com
Gypsiwoman is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:33 AM   #814
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso,Tx
Posts: 132
Cool Gypsi woman

II use bothe the Prism color pencila & w/color pencils together.I use the pencils for outlines & solid colors. I use the w/color pencils for areas I want to blend & shade.I really like the effect it gives, since the colors match up U can't tell where one is ,the other starts. The w/color blend in well on top of the c/pencils. They cover up any blank spots the pencils make. I luv the:-w/color pencils they are so soft & color so easily. their leads don't break like the color pencils do. I have colored some botanical c/art on c/stock & I have gotten alot of compliments on them
__________________
I luv to cut,color & paste.I must not gotten enough of this as a kid. This is my excuse to play w/ my toys in my room. It's cheaper than therapy!!!
grandmabear49 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 AM   #815
Gabfest Goddess
 
craftymomto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO.
Posts: 7,068
Default

Everyone's cards are really GREAT! TFS!
__________________
Mary
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
My blogs: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
www.icantbelieveimadethat.blogspot.com
Proud RAK Member
"Always do your best. What you plan now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino
craftymomto2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #816
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Crafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Front Range
Posts: 12,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryLC05 View Post
...
BTW- I bought an Exacto Electric Pencil Sharpener from Wal-mart for $19.97 and it seems to be doing a great job with the sharpening. It has a heavy duty motor so it doesn't stop like the one that I borrowed from work. I am over halfway through now.....and it is still going strong.
Thanks for posting that info, since I'm looking for a new sharpener. I couldn't find that item on WalMart's website. Is it like this one? http://www.amazon.com/X-Acto-1818-El.../dp/B0006HVPW4
__________________
-- Judi M.

On my website: 13 Copic Coloring Guides
Illustrator for: Angels Landing Digital Stamps
Crafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:38 AM   #817
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 25
Default

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share what has been working for me regarding broken pencils.

I carefully stick the broken lead back in, and then heat the wooden part of my pencil with my heat gun. I'm pretty careful with my aim, heating just the exposed part of the wood - not the unsharpened part, and not the tip. I also rotate the pencil as I heat it.

Just when the lead gets shiny, I turn off my heat gun and gently press on the tip of the lead until the lead cools down. Then I set my pencil aside for a while. After about 5 min, the lead has set and the pencil works just fine.

Works for me!
sharidiane is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 PM   #818
Kookie Creator
 
doggonecrafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CT
Posts: 929
Default

Wow - that's a great tip! no pun intended - ha ha
thanks for sharing!!!
__________________
Maria
Crafty Cre8tions
doggonecrafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:51 PM   #819
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgchic View Post
I wasn't sure if I'd like their rustic cardstock or not, so I only bought a small package...it is so yummy, I may even like it more than their regular white (although I've only done a small bit of prisma coloring on it). I will definitely be ordering some more next time, as well as some more of their kraft (here's a card I did using prismas on the kraft)
I just finished coloring up an Elisabeth Bell image from Sugar Nellie on the PTI Rustic White. While it won't replace my beloved Gina K. Pure Lux, its a really fabulous cardstock. It took color and blending beautifully. It's a bit rougher than what I usually use. It won't become my go to cardstock, but it will be a nice alternative when I need a change of pace.

V
__________________
See my cards on my blog
just_v is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:14 PM   #820
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MrHambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggonecrafts View Post
Wow - that's a great tip! no pun intended - ha ha
thanks for sharing!!!
lol.....we got your point!
MrHambo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #821
Watercolor Wizard
 
SherryLC05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Carrollton, VA
Posts: 15,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafts View Post
Thanks for posting that info, since I'm looking for a new sharpener. I couldn't find that item on WalMart's website. Is it like this one? http://www.amazon.com/X-Acto-1818-El.../dp/B0006HVPW4
No, it looks more like this one: http://www.amazon.com/X-ACTO-StandUp...082258&sr=1-13

It is vertical and it is made for heavy use.
SherryLC05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #822
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Crafts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Front Range
Posts: 12,684
Default

Ah. Now I know what to look for. Thanks, Sherry.
__________________
-- Judi M.

On my website: 13 Copic Coloring Guides
Illustrator for: Angels Landing Digital Stamps
Crafts is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #823
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
MaryR917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bethel Park, Pa
Posts: 19,672
Default

I subscribed to this post a couple of weeks ago because I wanted to start working with prismacolor pencils. well I bought a set from ebay and should be receiving them in the next couple of days. I can't wait to start using them
__________________
Mary Marsh
Fan Club Member

Splitcoaststampers Color Challenge DT Coordinator

My Blog
MaryR917 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:16 AM   #824
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MrHambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryR917 View Post
I subscribed to this post a couple of weeks ago because I wanted to start working with prismacolor pencils. well I bought a set from ebay and should be receiving them in the next couple of days. I can't wait to start using them

Congrats! Feel free to ask any questions and have fun with them!
MrHambo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:30 AM   #825
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MrHambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 848
Default

I posted another scene card I did with my Prismacolors. There's a link there to a step by step demo if you're interested. I tried using complementary colors as underpainting in it. It turned out okay...need to try one on better paper. Anyone do any cards on really good paper?

Timbo
MrHambo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #826
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHambo View Post
I posted another scene card I did with my Prismacolors. There's a link there to a step by step demo if you're interested. I tried using complementary colors as underpainting in it. It turned out okay...need to try one on better paper. Anyone do any cards on really good paper?
Oh awesome card! I love the image. For paper, I'm a huge fan of Gina K's pure luxury stock. I just tried some of the new PTI rustic stock as well and it is also quite good. The Pure Lux is smoother, but both blend very nicely with pencil and solvent.

V
__________________
See my cards on my blog
just_v is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:04 AM   #827
Crimping Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiscrapper View Post
Another first attempter here! I've been hooked on this thread and I finally broke down and bought a set of prismas. I've been working with the pencils for a week now. Tonight I decided to create my first card (link below) using prismacolors and gamsol. I'm looking for some honest critique. I'm really wanting to perfect this technique as much as possible : )

Thanks in advance!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=86218
Beautiful card...love the picture in your avatar too!!!!!!!!!!!
simvan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:17 AM   #828
Watercolor Wizard
 
SherryLC05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Carrollton, VA
Posts: 15,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHambo View Post
I posted another scene card I did with my Prismacolors. There's a link there to a step by step demo if you're interested. I tried using complementary colors as underpainting in it. It turned out okay...need to try one on better paper. Anyone do any cards on really good paper?

Timbo
That card is fantastic!!
SherryLC05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:29 AM   #829
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MrHambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_v View Post
Oh awesome card! I love the image. For paper, I'm a huge fan of Gina K's pure luxury stock. I just tried some of the new PTI rustic stock as well and it is also quite good. The Pure Lux is smoother, but both blend very nicely with pencil and solvent.

V
Thanks V! I'm thinking of going towards a toothier paper. We'll see.

Thanks Sherry! How's Suffolk this time of year? We went as far as Newport News a few weeks ago.
MrHambo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:34 PM   #830
Polyshrink Goddess
 
jennelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 1,002
Default

I've done a few posts on my blog about the Blackboard technique; it's a great technique that I learned from Karen Lockhart. You can see them here (hope it helps!):

http://createdfrompaper.blogspot.com...ue-how-to.html

http://createdfrompaper.blogspot.com...nesday_28.html

http://createdfrompaper.blogspot.com...nesday_25.html
__________________
~ Jennifer Ellefson
Created From Paper, a paper crafting blog
jennelf is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #831
Kookie Creator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennelf View Post
I've done a few posts on my blog about the Blackboard technique; it's a great technique that I learned from Karen Lockhart. You can see them here (hope it helps!):
I've been reading up. I just haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

V
__________________
See my cards on my blog
just_v is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #832
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MrHambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennelf View Post
I've done a few posts on my blog about the Blackboard technique; it's a great technique that I learned from Karen Lockhart. You can see them here (hope it helps!):

That is a cool look. TFS!
MrHambo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:48 AM   #833
Die Cut Diva
 
stamper1996's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Waukesha WI
Posts: 3,406
Default

Sharing a couple more examples of coloring from a newbie.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=30808
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=30808
__________________
Happiness is being kneaded.
Avatar is my childhood kitty, Berries.
stamper1996 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:54 AM   #834
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MrHambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamper1996 View Post
You're doing great!! They look very nice!
MrHambo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #835
Watercolor Wizard
 
SherryLC05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Carrollton, VA
Posts: 15,581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHambo View Post
Thanks V! I'm thinking of going towards a toothier paper. We'll see.

Thanks Sherry! How's Suffolk this time of year? We went as far as Newport News a few weeks ago.
It's pretty good here. How about Richmond? You are probably only a little over an hour from me.

I am working a card that I used my pencils on. I used Gamsol but I think the next card I made I will try baby oil. As soon as I get it finished I will post it. I am so excited over these darn pencils- I wish I had more time to play!
SherryLC05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:46 PM   #836
Glitter Queen
 
Gypsiwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 15
Default

I just picked up a Prismacolor colorless blender to work with my colored pencils. I don't find that it does a heckuva lot in blending or shading colors, at least its nothing like using a solvent blender like gamsol. Am I doing something wrong?
__________________
Ballo ergo sum,
- Gitana, the Creative Diva
www.gitana-thecreativediva.blogspot.com
Gypsiwoman is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:50 AM   #837
Polyshrink Goddess
 
jennelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 1,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsiwoman View Post
I just picked up a Prismacolor colorless blender to work with my colored pencils. I don't find that it does a heckuva lot in blending or shading colors, at least its nothing like using a solvent blender like gamsol. Am I doing something wrong?
It's a very different process; I use my blender pencil more than solvents, but others don't care for it. I've done a little blurb about the blender pencil, too, on my blog; you can see it here:
http://createdfrompaper.blogspot.com...s-blender.html
__________________
~ Jennifer Ellefson
Created From Paper, a paper crafting blog
jennelf is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:55 AM   #838
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coastal Georgia
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHambo View Post
I posted another scene card I did with my Prismacolors. There's a link there to a step by step demo if you're interested. I tried using complementary colors as underpainting in it. It turned out okay...need to try one on better paper. Anyone do any cards on really good paper?
That card is amazing! Thanks for the step by step instructions on your blog. I am going to have to try layering with complimentary colors!
tndl_4 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:00 AM   #839
Polyshrink Goddess
 
MrHambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennelf View Post
It's a very different process; I use my blender pencil more than solvents, but others don't care for it. I've done a little blurb about the blender pencil, too, on my blog; you can see it here:
http://createdfrompaper.blogspot.com...s-blender.html
Nice tutorial. Had no idea they had two blender pencils. I've only seen the colorless one. I don't use my blender much anymore..don't know why really. When I blend I use another colored pencil usually.

Hi Sherry. Richmond is fine and it's not crazy hot........ yet.
MrHambo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 AM   #840
Gallery Gazer
 
mtgchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 6,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_v View Post
Oh awesome card! I love the image. For paper, I'm a huge fan of Gina K's pure luxury stock. I just tried some of the new PTI rustic stock as well and it is also quite good. The Pure Lux is smoother, but both blend very nicely with pencil and solvent.

V
I think I'm going to try Pure Luxury out soon! (Have to wait until at least July because of stupid Dave Ramsey! )

Here is some recent coloring o' mine, maybe some people who are extremely intimidated by the talent on here (i.e. me!) will be encouraged to share more of their work on this thread. On these, I tried to use the "blend from the outside" technique instead of "color everything and blend"

Ship colored on PTI Rustic White

Brown Hamster on PTI white

Dog & Hat on PTI white
__________________
Meg
My Gallery
mtgchic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off