Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Where (online) do you buy your Neenah paper? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/where-online-do-you-buy-your-neenah-paper-t547394.html)

Bellegirl 01-31-2012 03:39 AM

Where (online) do you buy your Neenah paper?
 
Hi,

I am almost out of the paper I use with my Copics, and would like to try the Neenah Classic Crest. That isn't the current paper I've used and have heard it's another good one with them.

Yet, WHERE do you buy it? I am far enough away from any store that might carry it, so I'll need to get it online.

I've loooked a little and it isn't cheap to ship it, yet it also depends on the quantity. Where do you buy it? I'm looking for an online store with good service, decent prices and reasonable shipping.

Thanks much! Oh.. I LOVE Oozak and they had that other Copic paper (can't remember the name of it), but at $49.99 and 125 sheets, I won't spend that much on paper. Ridiculous price....

Thanks!
Bonnie

pixxiewacorgi 01-31-2012 03:58 AM

Hi there! I got 50 sheets of Neenah super smooth white 80# for around $15 shipped from discountcardstock.com
They ship through a flat rate priority envelope. I got my order in two days!

PMR 01-31-2012 06:01 AM

Bonnie,
If you send me your address, I can send you a few sheets to try. Just pm me. I have to 80 pound weight. Just fyi my bf who is a great copic user, doesn't love it, she prefers paper trey. I don't use my copics enough to really compare, but I trust her opinion.

Lorri.V. 01-31-2012 08:37 AM

I have the Neenah, paper trey and GinaK's, I would use Ginak's and/PTI over Neenah.

Lorri

Cinnistew 01-31-2012 11:50 AM

Ellen Hutson sells it...

Bellegirl 01-31-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMR (Post 19139305)
Bonnie,
If you send me your address, I can send you a few sheets to try. Just pm me. I have to 80 pound weight. Just fyi my bf who is a great copic user, doesn't love it, she prefers paper trey. I don't use my copics enough to really compare, but I trust her opinion.

Wow...thank you! I'll send you a pm. Which PTI cardstock does your bf like for Copics? Their basic white CS? (I don't know PTI's paper well enough to know what it's called.)

Thanks much!
Bonnie

Bellegirl 01-31-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cinnistew (Post 19140388)
Ellen Hutson sells it...



Thanks! I'll check out her store. Her store has a good rep.

PH in VA 01-31-2012 03:52 PM

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sells 25 sheets of the Neenah Classic Crest Solar White for $5.00. Here's a link if you're interested: Cardstock - Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

I've used the Neenah, Papertrey's Paper Basics white, and Gina K's Luxury White (both 80 lb. and 120 lb. weights). The Papertrey is my least favorite because it isn't as bright of a white and it seems to absorb more of the Copic ink than the others.

hedgiemama 01-31-2012 04:14 PM

When I was really into stamping I bought a few reams of the Neenah paper....now I can't remember from where? I live in WI and it was local....
it was the best.

Bellegirl 01-31-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VA (Post 19141069)
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sells 25 sheets of the Neenah Classic Crest Solar White for $5.00. Here's a link if you're interested: Cardstock - Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

I've used the Neenah, Papertrey's Paper Basics white, and Gina K's Luxury White (both 80 lb. and 120 lb. weights). The Papertrey is my least favorite because it isn't as bright of a white and it seems to absorb more of the Copic ink than the others.

WOW...the price certainly is right and this would be a great way to try some without getting a ton of it, in case I don't like it.

Thanks!!!

gale 01-31-2012 06:17 PM

I'm glad someone offered to send you some. I bought a full ream of it because it seemed to be very popular for copics but I really don't like it for them. I prefer PTI or the Copic Express-it paper. I do still like the Neenah for other things (it cuts nicely in my silhouette) so I don't regret buying it but I could use the space for other paper.

c-mouse 01-31-2012 06:28 PM

Blockhead stamps.com also carries it...not sure about cost as I just noticed it on their website last night. They are in Oregon if that helps on the shipping.

sc magnolia 01-31-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixxiewacorgi (Post 19139091)
Hi there! I got 50 sheets of Neenah super smooth white 80# for around $15 shipped from discountcardstock.com
They ship through a flat rate priority envelope. I got my order in two days!

Pixxie, do you remember how much the shipping was?

sc magnolia 01-31-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VA (Post 19141069)
Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sells 25 sheets of the Neenah Classic Crest Solar White for $5.00. Here's a link if you're interested: Cardstock - Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

I've used the Neenah, Papertrey's Paper Basics white, and Gina K's Luxury White (both 80 lb. and 120 lb. weights). The Papertrey is my least favorite because it isn't as bright of a white and it seems to absorb more of the Copic ink than the others.

Was the shipping reasonable?

PH in VA 01-31-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnolia (Post 19142051)
Was the shipping reasonable?

When I bought the cardstock, I also ordered enough stamps to qualify for free shipping. :oops: :)

However, I can say that I'm very pleased with their turnaround time. I placed the order around 11:30 pm Friday the 20th, the items shipped on Monday the 23rd, and I received them either the 24th or 25th since I live only two states away from them.

Here's a copy and paste of the shipping rates info posted in the FAQs on their store website:

Shipping Rates

WITHIN THE US: Our stamps ship for a flat $2.50 no matter how many sets you order, but if your order contains paper or blocks the shipping will depend on the weight of your order. US orders ship via USPS using either First Class or Priority Mail.

We offer FREE shipping for US orders of $50 or more.

OUTSIDE US: Our international shipping prices are based on weight. All international orders are shipped First Class International via USPS.

You may estimate your shipping cost with our shipping calculator found in your shopping cart.

pixxiewacorgi 02-01-2012 02:15 AM

Yeah, the shipping was about $5 and the actual 50 sheets of card stock were about $10. And that's priority shipping. It's a bit more if you order over 51 sheets of card stock. I think that's because since they ship in flat rate priority envelopes, over 51 sheets won't fit on those. I was very pleased with the price considering I live in Puerto Rico and it's always ridiculously expensive to ship something like card stock here. In fact, I think Simon Says quoted me about $5 for 25 sheets. And someplace else quoted about $11 for the 25 sheets.

Bellegirl 02-01-2012 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 19141625)
I'm glad someone offered to send you some. I bought a full ream of it because it seemed to be very popular for copics but I really don't like it for them. I prefer PTI or the Copic Express-it paper. I do still like the Neenah for other things (it cuts nicely in my silhouette) so I don't regret buying it but I could use the space for other paper.

So, you really like the Copic Express-it paper? I noticed that Oozak does carry it, but at 49.99/125 sheets, I'd have to REALLY LOVE the stuff. Is it really that fantastic with Copics to justify that price? Of course, when you break it down, that comes to about 40 cents/sheet, which isn't terrible, I guess. What do you think? This paper, does it really make it easier to blend?

gale 02-01-2012 02:24 PM

To me it is easier to blend with but I don't know that I'd pay that much for it again when PTI is almost as good. When I bought it it was $45 but still pretty expensive. I did buy it from Oozak but it was after I'd bought all the copics I wanted so I didn't have other stuff to buy with it (I did get a couple of multiliners at the time so shipping was free).

PMR 02-01-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellegirl (Post 19141028)
Wow...thank you! I'll send you a pm. Which PTI cardstock does your bf like for Copics? Their basic white CS? (I don't know PTI's paper well enough to know what it's called.)

Thanks much!
Bonnie

I think it is called stamper select.

PMR 02-01-2012 02:36 PM

Bonnie,
Don't forget to send your address so I can't get the paper in the mail.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:35 AM.