Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   versamark & perfect medium (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/versamark-perfect-medium-t565781.html)

FiP 12-12-2012 07:01 PM

versamark & perfect medium

I just went to use my perfect medium and the pad is beginning to crumble. I have an unopened bottle of re-inker and I'm wondering this. If I buy a versamark pad, is it the same as the perfect medium? Can I use versamark with perfect pearls? Can I re-ink the versamark with the perfect medium re-inker?

lutheran 12-13-2012 02:58 AM

I use Versamark with Perfect Pearls with no problem. I wouldn't reink with a different brand, though, just because I'm not sure if it would work and I wouldn't want to ruin a Versamark pad.
Mary Beth

QueenOfInkland 12-13-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiP (Post 19881839)
I just went to use my perfect medium and the pad is beginning to crumble. I have an unopened bottle of re-inker and I'm wondering this. If I buy a versamark pad, is it the same as the perfect medium? Can I use versamark with perfect pearls? Can I re-ink the versamark with the perfect medium re-inker?

I suggest that you contact Ranger.

My perfect medium pad crumbled (it was a few years old) and I contacted Ranger and they said it should not crumble even if years old. Ranger sent me a brand new perfect medium pad (no charge to me for anything).

Ranger rocks !!!! Love how they stand by their products every single time, no questions asked. Some of the best customer service in the industry imo.

Ranger could also tell you if perfect medium is the same formulation as versamark. I'd guess they're different, but just a guess on my part. :)

cat_woman 12-13-2012 11:51 AM

Another thing you could do is use a piece of cut n dry foam and and replace the foam thats in the cube. Just use some glue to glue it in and make sure its dry and re-ink it.

FiP 12-14-2012 12:00 AM

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm in Australia and don't think I can contact Ranger easily (or get a replacement).

Bumping for any more replies.

QueenOfInkland 12-14-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FiP (Post 19884070)
Thanks for the responses so far. I'm in Australia and don't think I can contact Ranger easily (or get a replacement).

Bumping for any more replies.

You could email Ranger or call Ranger on the phone. Knowing their customer service standards (high), they might send a replacement to Australia.

My theory is 'it never hurts to ask'.

Other than this, someone suggested that you replace the foam in the pad with new foam, and that seems to be a good option.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck ! HTH.

Cook22 12-14-2012 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland (Post 19884112)
You could email Ranger or call Ranger on the phone. Knowing their customer service standards (high), they might send a replacement to Australia.

My theory is 'it never hurts to ask'.

Other than this, someone suggested that you replace the foam in the pad with new foam, and that seems to be a good option.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck ! HTH.

Ditto about contacting them anway - I live in Ireland, and when I emailed them about a distress ink pad that was literally only stuck to the base by about 3 threads, they promptly shipped out a replacement.
I like the suggestion of using a piece of cut 'n' dry foam and using the Versamark re-inker on that. TBH I tend to find Versamark better and rarely use the Perfect Medium.