Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Simply Scored Diagonal Plate (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/simply-scored-diagonal-plate-t549605.html)

Cartermrc 03-02-2012 02:07 PM

Simply Scored Diagonal Plate

Will SU's new diagonal plate fit and work with the Scor Pal and/or the MS scor board? I have both of those and it would be great if I could use the diagonal board with them.

sempermom 03-02-2012 03:48 PM

ooh ooh, i wanna know too please!!!

Nawnee07 03-02-2012 06:10 PM

The score pal is NO, and I haven't heard about the MS score board.

Crafter 4 Life 03-02-2012 06:40 PM

The MS and SU scoreboards are both made by EK Success so maybe......

MNCarol 03-02-2012 07:07 PM

Attended monthly stamp club this morning with SU group. Tried the demo's diagonal plate with my Martha Steward Score Board -- and it fit just perfect. Because it is "open" at the bottom and at the right side, it works great. And the little "feet" parts on the underside of the diagonal plate stays in place nicely...no movement or slipping when scoring. Made me happy since I will be getting the diagonal plate without having to buy a new scoring board.

Oh! And I do not use the bone folder/scoring tool that came with the board. I use the double ended stylus I had gotten from SU when they still sold brass embossing templates. I use the larger ball end on thinner DSP and the smaller ball end on cardstock and the Designer specialty paper that is thicker like cardstock.

mddlerth 03-02-2012 09:48 PM

Thank you MNCarol for that info!

Cartermrc 03-03-2012 08:03 AM

Perfect, it's going on my next SU order! Thanks!

Crafter 4 Life 03-03-2012 09:27 AM

Darn, now another item to add to my growing SU shopping list!!!

Saw the video demo and making an envelope seem easy. Does anyone know of what other uses it has? Somewhere, I thought I saw where an SU demo said something about a booklet with ideas.

sempermom 03-03-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNCarol (Post 19239673)
Attended monthly stamp club this morning with SU group. Tried the demo's diagonal plate with my Martha Steward Score Board -- and it fit just perfect. Because it is "open" at the bottom and at the right side, it works great. And the little "feet" parts on the underside of the diagonal plate stays in place nicely...no movement or slipping when scoring. Made me happy since I will be getting the diagonal plate without having to buy a new scoring board.

Oh! And I do not use the bone folder/scoring tool that came with the board. I use the double ended stylus I had gotten from SU when they still sold brass embossing templates. I use the larger ball end on thinner DSP and the smaller ball end on cardstock and the Designer specialty paper that is thicker like cardstock.

Thank you for the info! :D

sempermom 03-03-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 Life (Post 19240893)
Darn, now another item to add to my growing SU shopping list!!!

Saw the video demo and making an envelope seem easy. Does anyone know of what other uses it has? Somewhere, I thought I saw where an SU demo said something about a booklet with ideas.

since it scores on the diagonal, i bet you could do a lattice background with it!

MNCarol 03-03-2012 01:46 PM

I plan to make a card similar to this (see link below) but with different stamps etc -- reminds me of a grid card made at a stamp camp over a year ago but we used the regular Fiskars cutter but the black scoring blade instead of the orange cutting blade and had to move the glossy cardstock piece with a corner over inch by inch and score each time it moved, then turn so could repeat in the process to score the other direction. The new Diagonal Plate will make it so easy!

Thanks "muzbysmom" for the card I am linking as example (at least hope I am linking it right):
Lynn's Garden Silouettes Grid Card by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

Cartermrc 03-03-2012 01:57 PM

Lynn's Garden Silouettes Grid Card by muzbysmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

That card is beautiful! I'll have to try that technique.

katielady 03-04-2012 06:28 AM

Does anyone know when the diagonal score plate is available for all ? I emailed my demo and she said she was only able to order one. She doesn't know when they are available. Are they only available for demos now ?
Thanks

GreenDragonLady 03-04-2012 07:18 AM

You can order one now. #125586. $11.95 US.

Gymnasticsmom 03-04-2012 07:18 AM

It's on the Stampin' Up! website so I'd say anyone can order it, not just demos.

katielady 03-04-2012 07:51 AM

Thanks. I'll contact my demo again. Maybe she ordered hers a little while back and now anyone can order.

muscrat 03-04-2012 08:56 AM

The MS board comes with an envelope tool. Does this diagonal plate have more uses and would it be more useful than the envelope tool?? I mostly use the Scor Pal, but I might use my MS more if this would have more uses...

muscrat 03-04-2012 03:37 PM

I emailed my demo friend and just added this to my order! I watched some youtube tutorials and it looks like it will work just fine with my MS board when I want to make envelopes.

Larkin251 03-04-2012 04:47 PM

http://www.ipaddis.info/avatar1.jpgThe score pal is NO.

evie 05-13-2012 10:47 AM

Does anyone have the measurements and size of paper to make an envelope for a 6x6 envelope?

muscrat 05-13-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evie (Post 19426865)
Does anyone have the measurements and size of paper to make an envelope for a 6x6 envelope?

I found some dimensions here: http://jackietopa.typepad.com/addict...ing/tutorials/ What I have for 6" square card comes to finished size of envelope at 6 1/2".

Cut paper 10" square. Score all sides @ 4 5/8".

muscrat 05-14-2012 02:39 PM

BTT

stampencamper 07-07-2012 07:20 AM

I took a chance and ordered this diagonal plate to try with my scorpal. I saw my demo set, and it was not very thick plastic; so I had my husband cut off what was needed to fit the scor pal. It works fine and fits perfectly.

muscrat 07-07-2012 11:07 AM

Unless you have the tools to cut it, I wouldn't recommend it for the ScorPal. You have to cut a good 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the right side. I am sure if you have the tools and are handy or have a handy DH it will work, but just so everyone knows it won't fit the Scor Pal as it is. It WILL fit the MS as it is.

mrslaporte 01-23-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamper (Post 19540719)
I took a chance and ordered this diagonal plate to try with my scorpal. I saw my demo set, and it was not very thick plastic; so I had my husband cut off what was needed to fit the scor pal. It works fine and fits perfectly.

subbing and considering... would you post a picture of this?

cynthiav 01-23-2013 07:30 AM

The diagonal score board is one of the items you can get free during Sale-a-bration. So if you have a long list now is the time to order from Stampin Up and get it for free with a fifty dollar order.

Hallupino 01-23-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 19243016)
The MS board comes with an envelope tool. Does this diagonal plate have more uses and would it be more useful than the envelope tool?? I mostly use the Scor Pal, but I might use my MS more if this would have more uses...

The diagonal plate has WAY more uses than the MS envelope tool. I ran into difficulties while trying to follow an envelope box tutorial (a box to fit A2 cards and envelopes in as a gift) and I absolutely could not do it with the envelope tool that came with my MS scoring board. So I ordered the SU diagonal plate and yay! it fit perfectly on my MS board and now I can make any box or envelope I want out of paper up to 12x12" in size. Love it!

I found the most useful set of measurements for different envelope sizes on Jackie Topa's site, and I keep this on my wall above my desk:
http://jackietopa.typepad.com/files/...-envelopes.pdf

She has some wonderful tutorials on her site too.

Anna

RosieLP 01-24-2013 09:44 AM

Thank you for that link, Anna.

mrslaporte 01-27-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cynthiav (Post 19959513)
The diagonal score board is one of the items you can get free during Sale-a-bration. So if you have a long list now is the time to order from Stampin Up and get it for free with a fifty dollar order.

yes I did see this.... it's a matter of restraint sometimes to not spend spend spend... Thanks for posting though.