Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Oh no!!! t!m holtz now has Distress Paints (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/oh-no-t-m-holtz-now-has-distress-paints-t566906.html)

QueenOfInkland 01-07-2013 04:58 PM

Oh no!!! t!m holtz now has Distress Paints

I just saw a new video that t!m just uploaded to YouTube a few minutes ago doing a quick demo of his new Distress paints. I am trying sooooo hard to restrain myself for Winter CHA 2013 new products but I don't know if I can pass these up. t!m says they're a thin paint that reacts with water like distress stains do but once they're dry, they no longer react with water. The colors look yummy - check it out !!!

I love paint and ink (uh, QueenOfInkland haha) and these look awesome - 24 colors is what I think he said :shock: Help me please..............LOL

Valli 01-07-2013 05:18 PM

Can't help you--I'm in the same boat and sinking fast! I have just gotten into paints and having them match the inks...!

Have you seen his other peeks? The hardware is great! Tim is bad for my budget!

QueenOfInkland 01-07-2013 05:23 PM

ROFL.......Yes I have seen the other sneak peaks - I was in pretty good shape until the other day when he revealed a bunch of stuff I love....I'm getting ready to upload his smartphone app which allows you to set up wish lists....UGH....

And I hear ya re: t!m is bad for your budget - mine too....I just have to take some deep breaths and remind myself that I don't have to get this stuff right now......whew......that helped a lot - I can almost breathe again HAHAHAAAAAAAA

Emilia 01-08-2013 10:24 PM

Yes, Tim is bad for your budget...probably he knows we are not strong when we see inks and paints :-)

Last night, when I was about to fall asleep, I was trying to decide which Distress Paint colors I am going to order first...
I LOVE Ranger products!

QueenOfInkland 01-12-2013 02:25 PM

NEWS: Paperclipping just posted a YouTube video from CHA2013 of t!m demoing these paints for Noell Hyman of paperclipping dot com. I encourage anyone who loves paint to go check out this video. I just placed my pre-order. Hi, my name is QueenOfInkland and I am an Ink/Paintaholic bwahahahaha :)

JanaM 01-14-2013 04:36 AM

I guess the only good news in trying to restrain ourselves is that it's on 24 colors, not the full 48! :-)

QueenOfInkland 01-14-2013 03:37 PM

LOL @ Jana - isn't that the truth !!

jp1989 01-15-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanaM (Post 19941297)
I guess the only good news in trying to restrain ourselves is that it's on 24 colors, not the full 48! :-)

That will probably come next CHA....and then some!

JanaM 01-15-2013 08:51 AM

Ha! I'm sure you're right. At least it spreads the expense out! :-)

QueenOfInkland 01-15-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp1989 (Post 19943887)
That will probably come next CHA....and then some!

Ack!!! I better start saving right now ;)

planet43 01-15-2013 06:55 PM

LOL, I am sooo with you! I will preorder for sure. As for Tim, I am hopeless ...gotta have it all

Misstreez 01-15-2013 08:38 PM

In my recent purge I tossed a lot of paints because they were old, out of date and I rarely used them. I am contemplating the benefits of some brands over another and should I buy into getting paints again. I'd really have to see them in action, and in person, before I could make a judgment on these new ones. I'd also like to see what the blogging hobby crafter is going to do with them too over the coming months.

It's wait and see for me.

QueenOfInkland 01-16-2013 03:21 PM

Noell Hyman just uploaded a 24 minute demo by t!m and his distress paints and rock candy glitter

Tim Holtz Full Demo of Distress Paint and Rock Candy Dry Glitter at CHA 2013 - YouTube

Misstreez 01-19-2013 11:10 PM

Finally got a chance to see the video on my laptop. He mentioned some very interesting points of difference with these new paints. "Inky paint" ?? Sounds cool.

fredness 01-23-2013 06:22 AM

Does anyone know where to purchase these for pre-order? My usual haunts don't seem to be carrying them. I am in Canada but hoping some US online stores have semi-decent shipping. LOL

JanaM 01-23-2013 06:24 AM

We have them on pre-order at Simon Says Stamp. Here is a link to them. Simon Says STAMP Product List

fredness 01-23-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanaM (Post 19959339)
We have them on pre-order at Simon Says Stamp. Here is a link to them. Simon Says STAMP Product List

Thanks so much! Shipping looks awesome as well :D Now to pick my colours ;P

Misstreez 01-26-2013 04:56 PM

Love the side by side comparison May Flaum did on SSS with the Distress products, including the paints.

harvestmoon 01-29-2013 09:45 AM

Demo at SSS?

Misty, can you please tell me how to find the SSS demo on the paint vs ink. I looked all over the site and blog. Thanks

Misstreez 01-30-2013 03:42 PM

Sorry it took me so long to get back to replying to this.

Simon Says Stamp Blog!: New Tim Holtz Paint Preview with May Flaum!!

I see Ranger also put this post onto their blog. I think there is plans for more posts using this product. The more I see the more I like!