Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Martha Stewart 3-in-1 hydrangea punch?? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/martha-stewart-3-1-hydrangea-punch-t351478.html)

NwP 05-29-2008 06:26 AM

Martha Stewart 3-in-1 hydrangea punch??

I got this with a coupon from Michael's a few weeks ago. It looks very promising (punches out three different flower pieces at a time, one big and two little hydrangea parts) and I love hydrangeas. Well, I cannot figure out how to assemble them into any kind of flower.

Does anyone have this? I am clueless, apparently.

Thanks!

buggainok 05-29-2008 07:46 AM

I bought this punch recently when I had a 50% coupon. I tried it out on scrap paper, just to see what the flowers looked like.

I think I will just use the flowers separately, and put a brad through the middle of each one. I don't think they are made to layer up.

Maybe someone else has another idea?

MSBetsyZ 05-29-2008 09:50 AM

Have you tried punching several different colors? It might be easier to see the distinction of each piece (if they ARE indeed meant to be 3 layers of one flower) if each layer is a different color...just a thought.

buggainok 05-29-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ (Post 9977356)
Have you tried punching several different colors? It might be easier to see the distinction of each piece (if they ARE indeed meant to be 3 layers of one flower) if each layer is a different color...just a thought.

Good thought! I'll try it.

NwP 05-29-2008 12:31 PM

I've tried it with black and white, just to see if that made it more obviously a flower, but I'll keep playing with it. I looked all over Martha Stewart's website and couldn't find any help or any projects that used the punch, which might have been a sign.

A sign that I need to conquer my flower punch addiction, I think.

sunshine 05-29-2008 02:13 PM

I bought it, too, mainly because I like the idea of having the different size hydrangeas for different projects. If you look at real hydrangeas, they don't really have different sized petals. I bought the 3-in-1 butterfly punch, too, for the same purpose. BTW, I have rarely found helpful project ideas on the Martha Stewart website. But I still buy her punches .... :-)

Theresa Romani 05-29-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine (Post 9980152)
I bought the 3-in-1 butterfly punch, too, for the same purpose.

Hah! I have you beat. I have the 3-in-1 AND the single, larger one :rolleyes:

NwP 05-30-2008 06:08 AM

I need to stop checking this thread or I'll end up going to Michael's and filling my cart with MS punches (suddenly I have a yearning for her border punches).

But I'm glad there are others out there who aren't 100% sure what to do with this specific one.

mom of Marine 05-30-2008 06:16 AM

I don't have the punch but I do have the die for the lilacs for my Big Shot-Just an idea but it might be like the lilac where you make the blossoms out of different shades and assemble them next to each other to form a flower. If you think this might be it go to a website that sells sizzix like customcrops or hallmarkscrapbook and find a picture. Just trying to help :)

mkstampinfan 06-09-2008 08:58 PM

Have you seen the "Punch-Ins" line of stamps and punches from Make An Impression? They do amazing things with them.

www.makeanimpression.net

Sorry I don't know if this will link or you may need to copy and paste.

Becky

Crafter 4 Life 06-09-2008 11:06 PM

I also bought the 3-in-1 hydrangea punch with coupon, of course. I punched 3 different shades of lt purple/lilac/lavender and tried layering them. The little flowers don't look enough different to tell if you are layers different ones. Punched out 5 sets of three and made up different layers flowers and ended up throwing them all away. I couldn't make them look 'puffy' like the real flower. They just looked flat especially if you layer them on each other to make a pom-pom effect like the real flower. ????????

KatarinaM 06-10-2008 03:44 AM

I just bought that too, and I love it! I have a card using that punch on my blog.<<<<< That was using both hydrangea punches though. HTH!

jbcmom 06-10-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaM (Post 10106054)
I just bought that too, and I love it! I have a card using that punch on my blog.<<<<< That was using both hydrangea punches though. HTH!

That is a gorgeous card!!!
Crap....now I have to get that punch!

happystamper05 06-10-2008 04:08 AM

Oh Katarina - Your card is just breathtaking! I have the single bigger hydrangea punch but not that blue triple one. Now I know what I'll be using that 50% off coupon for!
Thanks for sharing your lovely card - such an inspiration!
Hugs!

diannep575 06-10-2008 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbcmom (Post 10106166)
That is a gorgeous card!!!
Crap....now I have to get that punch!

What she said :)

NwP 06-10-2008 05:19 AM

WOW!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card with the hydrangea punches. Gives me hope that I'll be able to at least use mine, though clearly not with such amazing results. :)

dizzymommie 01-29-2009 09:18 PM

Lacecap Hydrangea is the 3-in-1 punch

I'm not an expert, but I'm just supposing that the two hydrangea punches (large and 3-in-1) are made to work together ultimately. I was searching for the right coloring on hydrangeas for the 3-in-1 I just bought today and found a picture of Lacecap Hydrangea. Gorgeous!

Lacecap Hydrangea

This link might give you an idea of how to use the smallest hydrangea on the 3-in-1 for both the large punch and the largest flower shape on the 3-in-1.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I love the card sample from the Watermelon Sugar website. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

fura 01-29-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatarinaM (Post 10106054)

Wow, I know this post is old, but I had to say "this card is very pretty." I might just have to hunt one of these punches down. TFS

KatarinaM 01-30-2009 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fura (Post 12930289)
Wow, I know this post is old, but I had to say "this card is very pretty." I might just have to hunt one of these punches down. TFS

Thank you! I need to make another one, because I lost the original. It's still the best card I ever made, and it just disappeared! I think my mother stole it! LOL.

NwP 01-30-2009 06:58 AM

I forgot all about this thread, LOL.

The other day I punched out some tiny little 6-pointed flowers and used the hydrangea 3-in-1 to punch out some perfect leaf clusters to go underneath. :)

ekip2 01-30-2009 09:38 AM

Well now that the thread is back to the top, I found it! I adore that card. It is as you said breathtaking! Thanks for sharing..I'm off to read how you made it!
Andrea

ilinacrouse 01-30-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NwP (Post 9975015)
I got this with a coupon from Michael's a few weeks ago. It looks very promising (punches out three different flower pieces at a time, one big and two little hydrangea parts) and I love hydrangeas. Well, I cannot figure out how to assemble them into any kind of flower.

Thanks!

I believe these punches are not made for layering. I got the regular hydrangea size punch last week, I am thinking about getting the 3 in 1 hydrangeas and butterflies too. But I believe those are so you can make different sized flowers

kathybart 02-02-2009 01:47 AM

there's a lovely card on this blog. posted jan 31st :-D

kathybart 02-02-2009 01:49 AM

woops, forgot the link!!!!
oh, it wouldn't let me post the link! search for artylicious blog

Kathy LeDonne 02-09-2009 02:59 AM

Here's a card that I saw recently in Markie Mom's Gallery here on Splitcoast.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=79662

I have a box that I made yesterday, but I need to find the camera to take a picture of it.

Kathy LeDonne 02-09-2009 03:52 AM

Here's the box and a close up of the top. These are not soft and delicate, but I did use all three punch flower sizes to make these.

Box - side view:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...28170?cat=5661

Box close up top:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...28171?cat=5661

Vina82 03-10-2009 09:33 AM

I am thinking about getting this hydrangea punch and was searching for inspiration on ways to use it..I found this beautiful card using the layered flowers and circle nesties.
http://artylicious.wordpress.com/200...ewart-punches/

Reesez_Piecez 03-10-2009 10:25 AM

iNilda from the Cricut MB used the MS Hydrangea punch in addition with her Cricut to make the following card:

http://papercreationsbynilda.blogspot.com/

tivodiva 03-16-2010 08:57 AM

I just got this punch and would love to see some more ideas from the past year!

VBoddicker 05-25-2010 06:34 AM

I have a link to someone's blog page who gave a tutorial on making really pretty flowers with vellum using this punch and the single Hydrangea punch. You can email me at vboddicker@aol.com

Tortuga 05-25-2010 09:00 AM

KatarinaM,
That is a beautiful card! I think I just might have to go out and look for that punch.
TFS!

Hartvillestamper 05-25-2010 12:52 PM

MS Punch

Quote:

Originally Posted by NwP (Post 9975015)

Thanks!

I haven't seen the really big punch, but I have the two other ones. One has a medium size flower on it and the other one has two smaller flowers on it. This is what I did with mine:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=86676

craftycrunchymama 05-26-2010 07:42 AM

All of these cards are fantastic!! Katarina yours is just spectacular!! Now I need to get the larger sized Hydrangea!!

I bought the 3 in 1 Hydrangea punch with intentions of making what I found on Martha's website right here:

http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/...ouquet#slide_0

NwP 05-26-2010 11:38 AM

Wow, those fabric flower bouquets are amazing!

planet43 05-26-2010 03:53 PM

WOW, What a stunning card Katarina!

thescpells 05-27-2010 09:03 AM

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who is at a loss on how to use this punch. Thanks for the great ideas!

Julie

VBoddicker 05-27-2010 09:11 AM

When I posted earlier I was told I had to have 3 posts before I could add a "link". Well now I have. This is a great tutorial for how to make vellum flowers with the Hydrangea punches:

http://selmasstampingcorner.blogspot...d-flowers.html

craftycrunchymama 05-27-2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VBoddicker (Post 16756842)
When I posted earlier I was told I had to have 3 posts before I could add a "link". Well now I have. This is a great tutorial for how to make vellum flowers with the Hydrangea punches:

http://selmasstampingcorner.blogspot...d-flowers.html

Great tutorial!! Thank you!!

Now I need to buy a leaf punch. ;)

donnalb 12-07-2010 07:46 AM

Easier and tools

Hi, I found the tools, stamps and directions from scrappilyeverafter.com in Texas ( I am in CT) from years ago until this day still, and the tool set tool I find it much easier doing it with different punches, some cheaper than these and one big one about the same cost. They are so easy to make and I can only shop online. I've been buying from them for years, they have great sales and directions, the punch spray and the flower making tools are invaluable to me. I am just new to this site so Hi! I will try to find one of the cards and upload? I have to figure that out here! Thanks Donna

kerrylynn 12-07-2010 09:36 AM

This is cute project I found made with the 3 in 1 punch.(Which I now HAVE to buy!!)

Blossoming Branch Shadow Box - Martha Stewart Crafts