Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Getting ready to place my order (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/getting-ready-place-my-order-t483871.html)

mdtotn2010 03-14-2010 05:48 AM

Getting ready to place my order

Good Morning,

Getting ready to order some Gina K cardstock for the the first time. What are your favorite colors? Which ones should I buy?

Can't wait!! (I'm like a kid in the candy store)

stampinfeat 03-14-2010 06:20 AM

Why do you like Gina K in particular? You might want to post your reply on my thread, "Let's talk cardtock." I would love to know about it.

binx 03-14-2010 07:17 AM

I was in your position about 2 weeks ago. I ordered all of her samplers (there are 4, I think) + some packages of colors I knew were neutral enough that I'd use them regardless.

There are some colors that are not in the samplers; I have made a list of those. I like her cs enough to go back and buy packages of those separately.

My goal is to make a swatch ring of her papers like I have one of all the SU colors.

Did any of that help? Not really, you need specific color names? Well, obviously white and off-white are always good. I bought extra of the brown; it's darker (and I think richer) than SU's and I also bought extra of the dark red and the yellows (want to say the names are lemon drop and sweet corn). I got the accessories to the spring colors since that's the current season. But that's just me b/c I like those colors. HTH

dougnat 03-14-2010 07:24 AM

I just got her spring combo pack...not sure of the official name :) but I would suggest getting that one! love it!

Sheena74 03-14-2010 09:19 AM

I love Gina K's White and Ivory, and neutrals. I started off buying sampler packs and a then the white and Ivory now it is time to order all the colors I really love...
Kraft
Navy
Sweet Corn
Hunter Green
and the yummy brown and brown leather

You will not regret buying Gina K- it is definitely high-end paper, it can be a tad expensive but totally and completely worth every penny and then some. In this case you get what you pay for- the best paper I own.

Sheena

Lorri.V. 03-14-2010 01:04 PM

I just got my GinaK cardstock in all the combos. This is incredible cardstock. I love the heavier feel of this paper. I want my homemade cards to be special and I think this does that for me.

Lorri

mdtotn2010 03-14-2010 05:47 PM

Alright, I just placed a fairly large order. :) I bought all the combos and a few of the ones that weren't included, but know I will use ( like in the navy and pumpkin) I also got the copic colorless bender. Needless to say i hit the free shipping. :)

Binx - I'm going to do the same and make a swatch ring. That is a great idea!!!

Now the hard part - waiting for it to come in....

sprtchick 03-15-2010 03:42 PM

I have the pumpkin, corn and cranberry as well as white. I am going to have to get some more colors very soon...I hate it when my collection isnt complete...lol
blessings.

NYstamper 03-15-2010 04:26 PM

Her paper is awesome. I like them all, but I am partial to cranberry and wine colors. Plus I also like the fact that I can coordinate them nicely to me SU cardstock too. I think I have just about all of the colors except for the newest ones and will probably fix that this week with the new releases.

mdtotn2010 03-17-2010 02:56 PM

My order arrived today!!! Such fast great service!!! Ok, I am going to go and play! what to make first?