Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   difference between cardstock: cover and index (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/difference-between-cardstock-cover-index-t561378.html)

lori92760 09-21-2012 06:16 AM

difference between cardstock: cover and index

i am lookin for a source for 110 lb kraft cardstock. searching the internet for it i found a place that offers paper in 110 lb cover and 110 lb index. what is the difference.

and does anyone know a good source for 110 lb kraft?

thanks.

PaperManipulator 09-21-2012 10:31 AM

I went to a paper supply store once looking for some heavy white cardstock. The clerk showed me cover and index, and the index is lighter than cover, even if the lb. weight is the same. I ended up with Neenah Classic Crest 110 lb. Cover. It is very heavy. I also have some Georgia Pacific 110 lb. cardstock from Walmart. It doesn't say cover or index, but it is so much lighter than the Neenah, that it must be index. If you want heavy cardstock, then go for the cover weight.

PJill 09-30-2012 10:48 AM

I agree with going with the cover stock. I called the paper company before I ordered and asked for the difference because they all said 110 lb. Long description but long story short-cover is very heavy. I buy it in bulk and use it as my card base on all my cards. It drives me crazy to make a pretty card and have it bow and bend all over the place. Cover stock won't do that. It is very firm but not too firm to work with. Does well in the score pal also.

thescpells 09-30-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PJill (Post 19719326)
I agree with going with the cover stock. I called the paper company before I ordered and asked for the difference because they all said 110 lb. Long description but long story short-cover is very heavy. I buy it in bulk and use it as my card base on all my cards. It drives me crazy to make a pretty card and have it bow and bend all over the place. Cover stock won't do that. It is very firm but not too firm to work with. Does well in the score pal also.

Where do you order it from? I need a source.

lori92760 09-30-2012 07:39 PM

today at michaels, they had their bazzel cardstock on sale. i picked up the 12 x12 and it seemed flimsy. but the same color, same bazzel, in the 8.5x11 was much stiffer. why is that? and why do some colors seem studier than others of the same exact make and model. this is why buying cardstock online makes me a bit nervous. just curious.

cat_woman 10-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lori92760 (Post 19720453)
today at michaels, they had their bazzel cardstock on sale. i picked up the 12 x12 and it seemed flimsy. but the same color, same bazzel, in the 8.5x11 was much stiffer. why is that? and why do some colors seem studier than others of the same exact make and model. this is why buying cardstock online makes me a bit nervous. just curious.

Could be the way the grain of the paper is running or the amount of ink in the colour. Darker colours often feel stiffer than light colours. My theory is that's why SU paper feels stiffer than other papers of the same weight is because of the amount of ink used to get the intense colours.

wanda50 10-01-2012 05:39 PM

I use Papertrey Ink Kraft cardstock. I love it...