Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curious about Local King Rubber Stamps...

See these on ebay and Im wondering if theyre any good. Theyre designs are really nice.

Heres a link so you can see what im talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SEA-LIFE-5-EZ-ru...1%7C240%3A1318

How do these compare to CTMH acrylic? Are they nice quality?

Thanks for any feedback!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:43 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 3,113 Likes on 967 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erinlyn80View Post
See these on ebay and Im wondering if theyre any good. Theyre designs are really nice.

Thanks for any feedback!
I only have one of their stamps which was a gift from my sis, but it's excellent quality. She has more of them. I would definitely buy more.

I can't really give you a comparison with acrylic, since I'm not a fan of acrylic. Here's a card I made with the stamp. The image isn't real clean because it's stamped on watercolor paper, so you get the texture. TLC174 delight by lacyquilter at Splitcoaststampers
Melody ~ Isaiah 40:31 Come join the Alphabet Challenge My GOD can do amazing things. Ephesians 3:20 gallery ~~ blog lilacs and butterflies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #3  
NwP
Kookie Creator

I bought their lilypad set (it has the cutest frog ever) and really like it. I thought their prices were good and shipping was *fast* (they are in Canada, if I remember correctly). I emailed about a different issue and got an answer right away.

I want to get more from them, actually. Some of their background stamps are really great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 05:43 AM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

Oh, man! I KNEW I should not have looked at the link!!! Now I want these and wow are they cute!!

It says 100% rubber and EZ Mount is good stuff-I have some.

These look good to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #5  
NwP
Kookie Creator

That's right, I forgot to add that they *are* red rubber, on EZ mount, and already nicely trimmed.

Seriously, I can't believe more people don't know about this company. Did you see the peacock stamps? Gorgeous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Okay, I was doing fine until I read kitty14's post, UGH!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post
Oh, man! I KNEW I should not have looked at the link!!! Now I want these and wow are they cute!!

It says 100% rubber and EZ Mount is good stuff-I have some.

These look good to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:08 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I have a couple of these...the one with the old truck and camper.....so cute!!
and they are of wonderful quaility....I wouldn't hesitate at all in buying some of these
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 05:50 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

I actually have 3 of the background stamps - Ripple, Crackle, Words and 3 of the other sets - Zen Masters, Wintertime, Maple Leaves. Their stamps are excellent quality. Lisa Yang is the owner/designer and is wonderful to work with.

If you go on their website - you will see all of their stamps available and she has included a card design for each stamp set - to give you an idea.
www.localkingrubberstamp.com

I would definitely recommend them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erinlyn80View Post

Thanks for any feedback!

I have two stamps from Local King Rubber Stamps. The stamps are Red Unmounted Rubber stamps with Cling foam and these should be used with a Acrylic Block.

The Customer Service is wonderful too!!!

And Yes they are NICE QUALITY...Deeply Etched rubber stamps

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #10  
Glitter Queen

I have one of their stamps "It's a Panda's Life". I haven't used it yet but plan on using to make my youngest son's birthday card. He's a big fan of the pandas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2012, 09:39 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 60 Likes on 53 Posts

I have a number of their stamps and certainly vouch for their quality. The designs are wonderful too. They are in Vancouver I believe. Lisa demonstrates her stamps at a lot of shows and always draws a crowd. She does magical things with them! Some of the designs have matching Spellbinders dies for them too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I love their stamps. I have quite a few and they now have die-cuts that co-ordinate with some of their stamps. Here is a sample of the regular stamps IC322 Birds of a feather by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers and here is a sample of the die-cut set CAS142 Chocolate Rose by Mrs Noofy - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers. They are very accurate and very easy to line-up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #13  
NwP
Kookie Creator

That's right, I had forgotten all about the die-cuts. I need to check them out again.

I love that they have so many different styles, from more realistic to very cute images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Local King EXCELLENT Stamps, Dies, EVERYTHING!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocksideView Post
I have a number of their stamps and certainly vouch for their quality. The designs are wonderful too. They are in Vancouver I believe. Lisa demonstrates her stamps at a lot of shows and always draws a crowd. She does magical things with them! Some of the designs have matching Spellbinders dies for them too.
I've shopped at several canadian stamping/scrapbooking shows, and immediately noticed their booth at The Local King Rubber Stamp Company, you can't help it because Lisa's coloring draws a BIG crowd. I went and watched and was instantly hooked. I've even taken a class with Lisa at a local stamping store, and she and her husband are LOVELY people!!! I now have a huge collection of their stamps and have started collecting their dies (made by Spellbinders, that says a lot!).

Lisa does a lot of her coloring on her bold stamps coloring directly onto her stamps with multiple Marvy markers, and then does some neat background effects too. At the shows, they had a table last time for people to sit and try these techniques so I did that and found it very helpful working with an employee of Local King (Lisa was at another show that weekend). They carry all styles of stamps--some bold to do this direct coloring wtih markers, but they also have outline stamps, and fantastic background stamps too.

I LOVE their glossy paper, they import it somewhere from the middle east I think and sell it in A2 size, and sell 40 pieces for about $7. This glossy cardstock is NOT like Stampin' Up's, not sure what is the difference. But when I stamp on this glossy cardstock with Marvy markers, it really takes my coloring up a notch, the coloring looks so much more vibrant. I think this paper is WELL worth trying!

The Local King Rubber Stamp Company will be at ScrapFest in Kitchener, Ontario Canada THIS Saturday (April 13th). There will be a LOT of great stamp companies and stores as well as scrapbooking, but the main reason I go is to watch Lisa and learn from her coloring genius--she does some neat coloring on her outline stamps too, and does some amazing techniques with background stamps, you'll be mesmerized, really!!!

Here's a link for ScrapFest too, tickets are sold at the door and it's on Saturday only unless you're going to classes or scrapbooking on Friday which I am not. It's NOT open on Sunday, just Saturday-- ScrapFest.ca | Home

I had a bit of trouble finding Local King's website today, I think they are recreating it and my old link takes me elswhere where I cannot find them, so I wanted to send this link to their website-- localkingrubberstamp.3dcartstores.com

JUST SAW This--The Local King Rubber Stamp online store is RIGHT NOW HACING A SALE ONLINE UNTIL APRIL 15th, WITH 20% off!!!!!

I cannot give their stamps or their dies, their glossy paper, or their customer service a higher rating. As so many others have stated, the owners are lovely people who go out of their way to be helpful and give you all of the information you'll need to use their products. They are exceptional professionals!

You will find a tutorial on their site (it's on Lisa's blog, there's a link on the top of their home page) on coloring using Marvy makers that is very easy to follow, and Lisa has released 2 instructional DVD's on stamping techniques that they sell online and at shows.

When I clear out my stamping stuff for a garage sale, my Local King stamps don't end up in the "sell" pile, they stay with me because I use them so much. I think that expresses their value better than anything else I could say!

I forgot to say that I am not in any way affiliated with The Local King Rubber Stamp Company or ScrapFest, I simply feel passionate about supporting professionals who give so much to their customers, have created excellent products, and who have taught me so much especially about coloring--something I am passionate about learning and improving in my cards. I hope that you'll check out their products, and am confident that you'll love them as much as everyone who has spoken so highly of their products on this SCS thread. I believe everyone has given them glowing ratings.

Best wishes,

Joanne

Last edited by 905lovestostamp; 04-11-2013 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

I've bought their stamps on EBay, I hadn't seen their website until today. I may have to do some shopping!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How weird that I happened on this thread! I have looked at their website but hesitated, like you sometimes do with a small company who you've never heard of. I liked a lot of their stamps.

They certainly have gotten rave reviews here.

Now I'll have to revisit them this weekend.

Thanks Erinlyn, for posting this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

They were at the Heirloom Pro Convention in Allentown yesterday. Unfortunately by the time I got to their booth I had already gone way past my budget. So I watched the demo, looked at the stamp sets and wrote down the sets I have to have to order in the near future. They had some gorgeous samples.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

My sis and I bought some at Scrapbook Expo a motnh or so ago. I got the giraffe with matching die and have made this card .

They are very nice quality. My sister just ordered several more from them. They have some online videos that are quite helpful, if you can't see them demo'd in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

I went to ScrapFest in Kitchener, Ontario Canada yesterday (April 13th), and as usual, the high point for me was my stop at The Local King Rubber Stamp Company!!!

You should know that this company has a fantastic selection of stamps for MASCULINE cards!!! That alone will make you want to stop in! I bought a great set and the matching dies (made by Spellbinders) called "Route 66", a new set consisting of a vintage car, vintage gas pump, and a motorcycle. I also bought a great background stamp, "Bark" and a set called "Sewing and Stitching" along with the matching vintage sewing machine die. Also bought some die sets for some stamp sets I already own that are new die sets.

These are also PERFECT stamps for beginners, Lisa and Nader show you how to color in such an uncomplicated manner, but it produces the most wonderful results. Especially their coloring directly onto their red rubber cling stamps with Marvy brush markers (you can use LePlume too, they have a brush on one end as well) onto their bold stamps. And with their outline stamps, Nader demonstrated how to use daubers with ink and to color very simply, then cut them out with his dies to create a lovely effect with little experience or expertise needed.

More experienced stampers will enjoy incorporating these great coloring techniques into their repertoire, and I think anyone would love to use these stamps especially on their glossy cardstock and using your imagination, you'll be amazed at what you'll create. Their stamps are of the highest quality, carefully trimmed and they use EZ mount--you will be impressed too. And I'm always looking for good stamps for masculine cards--DO check them out at their shows, online at their website (THEY HAVE A SALE ON THEIR WEBSITE WITH 20% OFF THEIR MERCHANDISE ENDING TOMORROW, APRIL 15TH), or on EBAY. But I'd go directly to their website while they have their sale on.

You'll love dealing with Lisa and her husband, Nader--LOVELY people, and the highest professionals too with the best-quality products. I know you'll be as pleased as I've been and everyone who has replied to this thread!

Best wishes,

Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #20  
Kookie Creator

This one of the peacock cards I made with their stamp:
LOVEFEST2013C Peacock Bling by happigirlcorgi - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I also just bought the goldfish set with the corresponding die cut. Haven't posted my work on that yet, but I LOVE it. I found them on e-bay a few years back and was very impressed with quality, and when I saw thwm at a local show last month, I was only more impressed with the demonstration.

My avatar is my beloved corgi, Cora
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #21  
Glitter Guru

I did go back this past weekend and took advantage of the sale. They didn't have the dies for the stamps I originally wanted - the chicks, back-ordered until May - so I ordered a set of floral stamps and matching dies, as well as some glossy paper and - I think most importantly - both of the technique DVDs. I have all of the Distress Markers and all of the SU neutrals, so I have enough to begin playing around with coloring stamps. In fact I did some, using regular cardstock and stamps I already own, and was very pleased at how the images looked. A completely different look from what I've done up tip now as far as coloring goes.

I know they sell Marvy markers on the Local King site, but individually. If I got any, I would probably get them from the Marvy Uchida website because you can save money buying in sets. But I wonder why Marvy? Everyone seems to love Tombows as far as water based markers are concerned.

Do you all use the Marvys for the technique? Or do you have another marker that you use.

Again, so glad this thread got posted. I was intrigued by LK's products when I first visited them, and now I know I needn't hesitate to buy from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello Rachelrose,

Just a bit of an answer regarding Marvy markers. I do agree that I would buy them in sets, the only time I've bought them individually is when you find you're using certain colors more than others--otherwise it likely is cheaper to buy the sets.

Regarding why Marvy's, from what I understand (and I may have it wrong), but one reason for choosing Marvy markers is their slower drying time. Some markers dry very quickly and so they would dry too quickly for the time it would take to use one and move on to a few more and then ink. Of course you can do the old "huffing" (breathing moist air onto the stamp before you stamp with it), but I like the fact that I can take my time coloring with Marvy markers without worry that the stamp will be dry before I stamp it on my paper.

And don't you just love the glossy paper! I really find it takes the coloring and makes it much more vibrant, to look like art!

I personally haven't tried using other markers because I already had these, but it would be fun to try others and see how they worked.

I'm glad you bought some of the LK products, and that you're happy with them. Although I'd have been shocked if you had any other experience than a good one, as I have a number of their stamps and love them. And have their dies now too.

Best wishes,

Joanne

Last edited by 905lovestostamp; 04-17-2013 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Thanks Joanne! I have not gotten my order yet! I tried the marker-on-stamp technique using my Distress markers and regular CS. I am really looking forward to trying it on the glossy paper! Only placed the order Saturday and I know it's got to come from BC to me here in the States.

Maybe I'll get a set of Marvy's just to try them. I knew the Distress Markers will work, because Tim Holtz always demoes using the markers on stamps. They also have a longer open time before the dry when put on rubber.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry, Rachelrose, I was thinking you'd picked up some items at a show...

It sounds like you can use the TH distress markers, and if you wanted to supplement the colors, then you might want the Marvy markers, but you have some GREAT markers already to work with.

Have you seen the great YouTube that Stacy from Scrapbooking Made Simple did on the differences between various types of markers (Tombow vs Copics vs TH distress markers)? She did some blending with the TH distress inks with water that REALLY inspired me! Especially as I have the distress markers too. And of course it would work with his reinkers too I'm sure! Now I know one reason why I've seen such amazing coloring and blending done with his inks!

Here's a link to that YouTube, I always enjoy her weekly "mini-classes" and learn about new products and sometimes a technique too along the way. I am isolated as I'm rarely able to get out to classes due to a chronic illness, so I appreciate learningg from other sources. Here's that link, I hope if you haven't watched her YouTube videos that you'll enjoy them-- Scrapbooking Made Simple - YouTube

The video on the markers is her most recent, and whatever she uses on the videos is on sale in her store for the week as well. I haven't ordered from her myself.

As well, Creative Play Stamps sells the individual Marvy markers (both brush and the LePlume II--the LePlume II has a smaller brush on one end and a fine tip on the other vs the brush marker which has a larger brush) for a good price, and I really like shopping there, a lot of great merchandise with excellent service.

Best wishes to you,

Joanne

Last edited by 905lovestostamp; 04-17-2013 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: forgot to add something
Reply With Quote Likes