Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Cricut Chatter (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/cricut-chatter-t239384.html)

loricabo 04-10-2007 10:26 AM

Cricut Chatter
 
Let's talk Cricut! This thread is for talking about our Cricuts, tips, sharing our creations and enabling purchases.:D

We also have a chatty Cricut thread to hang out on. You can find it in the Fun & Games forum under Cricut-Zooballoobian Queens or click the link. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...d.php?t=238406

Chirp, chirp, let the Cricut talk begin!

Heather_M 04-10-2007 10:44 AM

FYI! Sale on cartridges starting April 15th at Michaels! $54.99CND or $39.99US!

JazzyCreations 04-10-2007 11:30 AM

Can't wait for that sale! ;)

robynstamps 04-10-2007 11:37 AM

Hi girls! Does anyone know what Kim sells her Cricuts for? I have a friend leaving for Utah next week and she might stop by Kims to pick one up to save on shipping. She missed the Michael's sale and we don't have an AC Moore in town.

Thanks!
Robyn

robynstamps 04-10-2007 11:38 AM

Thanks for starting this thread Lori! We need a place for Cricut stuff, too. Our other thread is really fun, though!

loricabo 04-10-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Thanks for starting this thread Lori! We need a place for Cricut stuff, too. Our other thread is really fun, though!

Thanks for naming it, Robyn!

danssister 04-10-2007 12:26 PM

I'm glad you started this thread! :) I've been working on a 12x12 wedding album for my SIL, (she married my brother in Oct 06), and since I'm trying to get it done by May 23 - her bday, my bug has been getting quite a workout! Does anyone know if there's any wedding-type anything on any of the carts? I have Doodlecharms, but there isn't anything on that.

robynstamps 04-10-2007 01:17 PM

Hmmmm. I don't know if there is anything wedding but you could use the flowers from WIMG. I think you can also make flourishes with one of the carts but I'm not sure which one. I can't wait to see what you create for this new album. I worked on December 06 today and used my Cricut just a bit for that. I'll upload some pics to this thread later. I want to totally scrap tonight!

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-10-2007 02:11 PM

Hi ladies, Cindy H was over this afternoon and brought all sorts fo goodies for me to play with, she is the greatest. She made a few little things for me with the Tags, Bags, Boxes and more Cartridge, they were so cute, even the kids thought so. I said we would all make one and Cindy could show us how, turns out she brought the empty box and forgot the cartridge at home:D So her husband is going to drop it off tomorrow! I have been playing with her celebrations cartridge, I am making a LO for Joshes 1 year old picture, I made the cupcake, and candle, but cut the bottom paper part of the cupcake with foil paper, looks pretty cool. Had to fool around with the setting to keep it from tearing. I will post when I get it all finished.

Phoned Provo craft about Opposites Attract and looks like they are going to replace it for me! Glad it was just the cartridge and not the machine, after I waited this long for it!
C

nikkii 04-10-2007 02:20 PM

I have a question. Do you pronounce it, CRY-cut or Cricket? I kept calling it a cry-cut until my clever husband pointed out the little insect on the box-a cricket. He thinks he's so smart.
Nikkii
I try never to let housework interfere with stamping

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-10-2007 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkii
I have a question. Do you pronounce it, CRY-cut or Cricket? I kept calling it a cry-cut until my clever husband pointed out the little insect on the box-a cricket. He thinks he's so smart.
Nikkii
I try never to let housework interfere with stamping


sorry to say he is right, just like the Cricket bug! Just don't tell him he was right
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-10-2007 03:02 PM

Here is my lO using the Celebrations Cartridge. I didn't do any writing because keeping with the book I have only put how old he was.


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=46683
C

jostvig 04-10-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssister
I'm glad you started this thread! :) I've been working on a 12x12 wedding album for my SIL, (she married my brother in Oct 06), and since I'm trying to get it done by May 23 - her bday, my bug has been getting quite a workout! Does anyone know if there's any wedding-type anything on any of the carts? I have Doodlecharms, but there isn't anything on that.

Molly I couldn't find anything in aprticular but the presents in new Arrival and maybe the umbrella could possibly be used or the cake in celebrations and presents in Doodle charms. The presents in New Arrival are cuter. could the sand castle in Doodle charms be cut in white? I think this should be suggested to Provo Craft. I was really surprised their was nothing in beyond birthdays for weddings except for maybe the big day. Their is a 4 pack of wedding embossing folders for the cuttle bug you could emboss them and cut them out for a scrapbook.
But like Robyn said WIMG is good.

jostvig 04-10-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
Here is my lO using the Celebrations Cartridge. I didn't do any writing because keeping with the book I have only put how old he was.C

Cute LO Cute kid... What settings did you use to cut the foil? & how did you get it off the mat with out tearing it or did youstick it on paper first?

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-10-2007 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig
Cute LO Cute kid... What settings did you use to cut the foil? & how did you get it off the mat with out tearing it or did youstick it on paper first?



never though of that!! you are smart, I had both the pressure and speed at 3, It was fun to get off the mat, I did fold a corner trying, but then just pressed it back straight when I put it on the paper
.
C

Heather_M 04-10-2007 06:30 PM

Great layout Conni! The tinfoil is a great idea I never would have thought to use that! That babe is aweful cute too! ;)

danssister 04-10-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstamps
Hmmmm. I don't know if there is anything wedding but you could use the flowers from WIMG. I think you can also make flourishes with one of the carts but I'm not sure which one. I can't wait to see what you create for this new album. I worked on December 06 today and used my Cricut just a bit for that. I'll upload some pics to this thread later. I want to totally scrap tonight!

Thanks for the suggestions. :) I don't have WIMG, but it's on my wish list!!! I have a layout in my gallery for this album, I don't remember if I've uploaded one. But you'll be stuck seeing more, I'm sure! lol ;)

danssister 04-10-2007 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig
Molly I couldn't find anything in aprticular but the presents in new Arrival and maybe the umbrella could possibly be used or the cake in celebrations and presents in Doodle charms. The presents in New Arrival are cuter. could the sand castle in Doodle charms be cut in white? I think this should be suggested to Provo Craft. I was really surprised their was nothing in beyond birthdays for weddings except for maybe the big day. Their is a 4 pack of wedding embossing folders for the cuttle bug you could emboss them and cut them out for a scrapbook.
But like Robyn said WIMG is good.

Kathy, thanks so much for checking out those carts - I don't have them except for Doodlecharms. I have Christmas Cheer, and there's 3 different presents in there, I think, so that'll work for the wedding gifts page. There's just a lot of pages from the beginning to the end that I'll have to acutally use my imagination, Primas, and stamps! Gasp! I don't know if I remember how to use those!!! LOL And my Cricut for the titles, naturally! ;)

danssister 04-10-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
Here is my lO using the Celebrations Cartridge. I didn't do any writing because keeping with the book I have only put how old he was.


http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=46683
C

Cute layout!!!

loricabo 04-10-2007 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssister
I'm glad you started this thread! :) I've been working on a 12x12 wedding album for my SIL, (she married my brother in Oct 06), and since I'm trying to get it done by May 23 - her bday, my bug has been getting quite a workout! Does anyone know if there's any wedding-type anything on any of the carts? I have Doodlecharms, but there isn't anything on that.

I will try to check my carts tomorrow. Your SIL will love this gift - one from the heart.

loricabo 04-10-2007 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
Hi ladies, Cindy H was over this afternoon. Phoned Provo craft about Opposites Attract and looks like they are going to replace it for me! Glad it was just the cartridge and not the machine, after I waited this long for it!C

Did you tell CindyH we missed her? I bet you had a fun day playing, and I am still jealous. I am so glad Provo is sending you a replacement cart. I have heard they have great customer service.

loricabo 04-10-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrapnstamp on the farm
Here is my lO using the Celebrations Cartridge. I didn't do any writing because keeping with the book I have only put how old he was.http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=46683C

What a cute little boy! I love the cupcake using the foil - what a great idea!

loricabo 04-10-2007 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssister
Thanks for the suggestions. :) I don't have WIMG, but it's on my wish list!!! I have a layout in my gallery for this album, I don't remember if I've uploaded one. But you'll be stuck seeing more, I'm sure! lol ;)

Michael's is supposed to have carts on sale for $39.99 soon. Maybe you could move that puppy off your wishlist!;)

danssister 04-10-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricabo
Michael's is supposed to have carts on sale for $39.99 soon. Maybe you could move that puppy off your wishlist!;)

I really hope dh cooperates!!! LOL! ;) I'm really hoping to get it on Sunday, but we'll see. Thanks for the info, though!! :D

danssister 04-10-2007 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricabo
I will try to check my carts tomorrow. Your SIL will love this gift - one from the heart.

Thanks! I appreciate it! It's pretty nerve-wracking to do such a big project for someone that I don't know extremely well (like my mom, and it's her job to love books of her grandbaby! lol ;))

danssister 04-10-2007 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danssister
Thanks! I appreciate it! It's pretty nerve-wracking to do such a big project for someone that I don't know extremely well (like my mom, and it's her job to love books of her grandbaby! lol ;))

I meant that my mom was supposed to like her books. My brain and fingers don't communicate very well, obviously. :rolleyes: I'll have to take some pics of layouts to put in my gallery for opinions. :D

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-10-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricabo
Did you tell CindyH we missed her? I bet you had a fun day playing, and I am still jealous. I am so glad Provo is sending you a replacement cart. I have heard they have great customer service.


I did, and told her we missed her. I guess I will find out about their customer service, I just hate having to do these kinds of things on new items. Of course I bought it from Kim in the states and not my local walmart, that is why I phoned directly to Provo Craft.
C

scrapnstamp on the farm 04-10-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricabo
What a cute little boy! I love the cupcake using the foil - what a great idea!


well that was Cindy's idea, I can't take the credit! That was my son when he turned 1 and he is 4 now, boy time flies, he will start kindergarten next fall:(
C

robynstamps 04-10-2007 07:57 PM

Conni, I love your page!! You are inspiring me. I don't have anything going on tomorrow so maybe I will actually be able to catch up a bit!!

cindy_haffner 04-10-2007 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loricabo
Did you tell CindyH we missed her? I bet you had a fun day playing, and I am still jealous. I am so glad Provo is sending you a replacement cart. I have heard they have great customer service.


I'm here, you guys are hard to find and now so many threads, this one looks like I can manage, I get lost in the other ones.

Conni and I had fun today, she's having tooo much fun with her Cricut.

I made a purse with my tags and boxes will post tomorrow.

K. Benko 04-10-2007 08:52 PM

Hey Constance and Cindy - you girls were busy today. Sorry I couldn't make it but hey I finished my income tax now on to the 2007 books. We should really try to get together before I'm seeding.
Great layout of my great nephew, Constance. See you soon, hey Constance don't forget to send my CTMH books out, thanks
Kathy

K. Benko 04-10-2007 08:53 PM

Hey Cindy what are you doing still up, 6:30 am comes really early!!!
Kathy

cindy_haffner 04-10-2007 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. Benko
Hey Cindy what are you doing still up, 6:30 am comes really early!!!
Kathy

Too much coffee today, got to see your new catalogue, thanks.

O.K. seeing I'm up I uploaded my gift boxes I made with my Cricut. Used the tags and boxes Cartridge.

Here is a link. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=45468

robynstamps 04-11-2007 04:54 AM

Cindy! Those are awesome. I love the giftbag diecut. I've used that one the most so far.

Consuelo 04-11-2007 05:02 AM

So glad you all started another thread in this forum. I simply couldn't keep up with the other one. You ladies post way to fast!

Did you all know the Martha Stewart is doing a scrapbooking contest? Go to marthastewart.com to get the details. You only have to email a scanned copy or picture. I'd love to see a chirper win!

jostvig 04-11-2007 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_haffner
Too much coffee today, got to see your new catalogue, thanks.
O.K. seeing I'm up I uploaded my gift boxes I made with my Cricut. Used the tags and boxes Cartridge.
Here is a link. http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=45468

Really cute Gift boxes. Your enabling me this cart is in my top 3 I hope I can get it during the sale next week.

jostvig 04-11-2007 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo
So glad you all started another thread in this forum. I simply couldn't keep up with the other one. You ladies post way to fast! Did you all know the Martha Stewart is doing a scrapbooking contest? Go to marthastewart.com to get the details. You only have to email a scanned copy or picture. I'd love to see a chirper win!

Thanks for the heads up Consuelo, I am going to check it out.

Consuelo 04-11-2007 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jostvig
Thanks for the heads up Consuelo, I am going to check it out.

I found a more direct link...
http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/...005b09a00aRCRD

jostvig 04-11-2007 05:19 AM

scrapbook contest link
 
I found the link for the Martha Stewart Contest so I thought I'ld post it to save you some time if you wanted to submit.;)

jostvig 04-11-2007 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Consuelo

I guess I should of refreshed the page before I posted thanks:D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:36 AM.