Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Cinch V2 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/cinch-v2-t528079.html)

stampinsweeney 05-12-2011 04:27 AM

Cinch V2
 
Against my better financial judgment, I purchased a Cinch V2 the other day. I want to make mini albums for family and friends...mainly, my husband for Father's Day. I didn't really see any reviews online for it except for the HSN video. Any feedback, comments, etc. Love to hear it!

birdie123 05-12-2011 04:45 AM

I don't have it because I purchased my Cinch about 6 weeks ago. I love my Cinch and after watching on HSN and then doing some research it seems that the only difference is that it will bind the smaller rings without a shim. Someone put a lot of time and effort into making a video on YouTube to show how to measure to know hwich pegs to pull out for all sizes of books (this is in addition to the sizes shown on the machine). If you cannot find the video and are interested in a printed version, let me know and I will email you the "how to". I watched it a dozen times, took notes, typed it up, laminated it and have it in my craft room. It is a HUGE TIME SAVER. Enjoy your new machine!

birdie123 05-12-2011 04:48 AM

Another thing....be sure and use many sheets of scrap paper to punch holes prior to using it on your project. There is oil in the machine and it comes out when you first start punching. I punched and punched until my printer paper came out clean. And I noticed that when I took it to my sisters we had to punch again. I guess if it is not stored flat, then the oil that keeps it working smoothly moves around. Still a small price to pay to get a beautiful bound book. Again...I LOVE IT!!!

stampinsweeney 05-12-2011 06:11 AM

Thanks so much! Great info. This will avoid me ruining a project!! I will definitely contact you as I get into using it!

jovian7 05-12-2011 12:40 PM

I didn't know there was a V2. I love my original Cinch :) birdie, would you share your printed version with me also? It would be super helpful.

Michelle

psanchez 05-12-2011 02:45 PM

I just found out today that there is a Cinch V2. I just bought the original Cinch last Saturday. I haven't had time to play with it yet...will this weekend though...so excited!! Birdie...I would love it if you would send me your notes!! Thx!

Ted 05-12-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdie123 (Post 18304403)
I don't have it because I purchased my Cinch about 6 weeks ago. I love my Cinch and after watching on HSN and then doing some research it seems that the only difference is that it will bind the smaller rings without a shim. Someone put a lot of time and effort into making a video on YouTube to show how to measure to know hwich pegs to pull out for all sizes of books (this is in addition to the sizes shown on the machine). If you cannot find the video and are interested in a printed version, let me know and I will email you the "how to". I watched it a dozen times, took notes, typed it up, laminated it and have it in my craft room. It is a HUGE TIME SAVER. Enjoy your new machine!

Birdie, I'd be very much interested in your notes. :) I'll PM you my email address. Thanks! :)

not2shabbydesigns 05-12-2011 05:43 PM

Where do you buy your wires?

I've been wanting one for a long time but I'm not sure if I can afford to buy all the wires I would need to make everything I want to make.

ldsk34 05-13-2011 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdie123 (Post 18304403)
I don't have it because I purchased my Cinch about 6 weeks ago. I love my Cinch and after watching on HSN and then doing some research it seems that the only difference is that it will bind the smaller rings without a shim. Someone put a lot of time and effort into making a video on YouTube to show how to measure to know hwich pegs to pull out for all sizes of books (this is in addition to the sizes shown on the machine). If you cannot find the video and are interested in a printed version, let me know and I will email you the "how to". I watched it a dozen times, took notes, typed it up, laminated it and have it in my craft room. It is a HUGE TIME SAVER. Enjoy your new machine!

I would love to have your notes. I am going to purchase soon. This is really cool that you have offered your "labor of love" to everyone. Thank you.

birdie123 05-13-2011 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovian7 (Post 18306190)
I didn't know there was a V2. I love my original Cinch :) birdie, would you share your printed version with me also? It would be super helpful.

Michelle

if you will send me your email address I will be happy to send it to you!
Konnie

birdie123 05-13-2011 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psanchez (Post 18306628)
I just found out today that there is a Cinch V2. I just bought the original Cinch last Saturday. I haven't had time to play with it yet...will this weekend though...so excited!! Birdie...I would love it if you would send me your notes!! Thx!

Please send me you email address and I will send them to you!
Konnie

birdie123 05-13-2011 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldsk34 (Post 18308143)
I would love to have your notes. I am going to purchase soon. This is really cool that you have offered your "labor of love" to everyone. Thank you.

Please send me your emial address and I will send them to you.
Konnie

birdie123 05-13-2011 09:35 AM

Dianne,
I just emailed them to you through your blog.

Phantom 05-13-2011 11:06 AM

I don't even have the Cinch, but Konnie that is so nice of you to pass your notes along to everyone!!!

I've toyed with the idea of getting one (have no idea where I'd keep it!) because I like the idea of chipboard books, but still not sure I'd actually follow through with making them, LOL!! But I have to say I have never read that you need to "punch through" first because of the oil residue and that is such a marvelous tip!! I just know I'd ruin a few good pieces of material before I figured that out for myself.

Thanks for sharing!!!!

psanchez 05-13-2011 11:58 AM

YES...a big thank you!! I played with my Cinch for the first time last night and if I hadn't read your tip about punching waste sheets first, I would have gotten grease all over my project. It took several times before it ran clean...but now I love my new Cinch!!

bbbp 05-14-2011 08:58 AM

Does anyone know what they changed from version 1 to version 2? It is $69.99 at oh my crafts and I assume that is version 1. Just wondering if I should wait for v2.

jovian7 05-14-2011 10:28 AM

I had the same oil thing with my cinch and still do a waste/practice sheet, just in case.:)

jovian7 05-14-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesigns (Post 18307385)
Where do you buy your wires?

I've been wanting one for a long time but I'm not sure if I can afford to buy all the wires I would need to make everything I want to make.

I got mine here. https://www.bindingmachine.com/. 100 black 2:1 pitch, 7/8th for under $40 and reasonable shipping. Great product and super fast shipping. I was having trouble finding them at a decent price plus decent shipping. I got black, black goes with everything! These are the exact same wires as the cinch and zutter wires.

A big!! cost saving compared to buying the 2 pack of wires at $1+ each.

The wires are 12 inches long and I have never needed a 12 in binding so I cut them to the size I want, this 100 pack of wires is going to last a very long time!

not2shabbydesigns 05-14-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovian7 (Post 18312197)
I got mine here. https://www.bindingmachine.com/. 100 black 2:1 pitch, 7/8th for under $40 and reasonable shipping. Great product and super fast shipping. I was having trouble finding them at a decent price plus decent shipping. I got black, black goes with everything! These are the exact same wires as the cinch and zutter wires.

A big!! cost saving compared to buying the 2 pack of wires at $1+ each.

The wires are 12 inches long and I have never needed a 12 in binding so I cut them to the size I want, this 100 pack of wires is going to last a very long time!

Thank you so much. I bought a box of the 1 1/4 black. I thought the same thing - black will go with anything. I got the 1 1 /4 because I mostly make chipboard scrapbooks and I figure better a little too big than too small.

I just bought the cinchv2 from hsn and i can't wait. i have always just used the keyrings and i think that looks fine with ribbon tied all around them. but, i like the professional look of the o wires.

i might try making a few mini calendar scrapbooks to sell and i think the owires will give them a nice finished touch.

birdie123 05-16-2011 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg (Post 18314336)
This sounds fabulous! May I have your "how to," as well?

Meg, please send me you email address and I will send it to you.

buggainok 05-16-2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovian7 (Post 18312197)
I got mine here. https://www.bindingmachine.com/. 100 black 2:1 pitch, 7/8th for under $40 and reasonable shipping. Great product and super fast shipping. I was having trouble finding them at a decent price plus decent shipping. I got black, black goes with everything! These are the exact same wires as the cinch and zutter wires.

A big!! cost saving compared to buying the 2 pack of wires at $1+ each.

The wires are 12 inches long and I have never needed a 12 in binding so I cut them to the size I want, this 100 pack of wires is going to last a very long time!

Michelle, thanks so much for posting the link for the great bargain on wires! I just ordered 100 of the same ones you did.

I have a Cinch on the way from Overstock. It was only $73 with $1 shipping, which seems like a great price.

100 wires does seem like a lot, but my daughter homeschools her 6 kids, and she is excited we can make books for the kids with stuff she has found on the internet.

jovian7 05-16-2011 12:41 PM

Glad to help!

buggainok 05-16-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovian7 (Post 18318817)
Glad to help!

Wow, I ordered the bindings last night online, and I just got a notice they shipped FedEx today. Fast!

Ted 05-17-2011 05:28 PM

Great source of binding wires...thanks, Michelle! :)

I think I may go with black as well.

Question... is there a noticeable difference between the 7/8" and the 1"? Yes, I know it's 1/8", but wondering if it "looks" better with small albums, etc?

Too bad there wasn't a binding wire share? People can buy a few sizes and split the sizes/colors/etc.

It's a good site...I'm bookmarking it. Thanks again, Michelle! :)

stampinsweeney 05-18-2011 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ted (Post 18323456)
Great source of binding wires...thanks, Michelle! :)

I think I may go with black as well.

Question... is there a noticeable difference between the 7/8" and the 1"? Yes, I know it's 1/8", but wondering if it "looks" better with small albums, etc?

Too bad there wasn't a binding wire share? People can buy a few sizes and split the sizes/colors/etc.

It's a good site...I'm bookmarking it. Thanks again, Michelle! :)

I would be up for a share as well. Great idea! I like black and the brushed gold that Cinch has, but am up for something less expensive.

jovian7 05-18-2011 01:25 PM

All I can say about the wire sizes is based on some jump rings I bought. I bouht 1/2 in rings and was surprised at how small they where. I then got 5/8 and they where much larger by comparision. If you have a compass,you may want to draw the two sizes to compare. I think 7/8 would be better on small albums, depending on how thick you make them, personally.

I might be up for swapping too . I'd like some pink or maybe even white and then I could see if I could color them with my markers - hmm. That might be too much work, haha

not2shabbydesigns 05-18-2011 02:17 PM

i got my CinchV2 from hsn today. it pays to read ALL the material because I wanted to play with it right away and didn't, lol. i had some concerns and thought, oh great i got a lemon and will have to exchange it. i was bummed. then i read all the material and found that the two things i was concerned about were normal.

1. the pegs don't all punch at the same time. it is made that way. a couple of my pegs were not going down when the others were and i thought they were broken or something. it punched fine, so that was confusing until i read that it is made that way.
2. pulling and pushing the pegs in and out can be tricky. number 11 would not push in or pull out easily. so i thought it was broken. it says that is normal also. to jiggle it a bit, or pull the handle down a tad and try again. i did, and it worked fine then. (but i am keeping my box and paper work and using it many times before i am convinced it works fine and doesn't need to be replaced).

now i'm just waiting for my wires!!

buggainok 05-19-2011 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesigns (Post 18326498)
i got my CinchV2 from hsn today. it pays to read ALL the material because I wanted to play with it right away and didn't, lol. i had some concerns and thought, oh great i got a lemon and will have to exchange it. i was bummed. then i read all the material and found that the two things i was concerned about were normal.

1. the pegs don't all punch at the same time. it is made that way. a couple of my pegs were not going down when the others were and i thought they were broken or something. it punched fine, so that was confusing until i read that it is made that way.
2. pulling and pushing the pegs in and out can be tricky. number 11 would not push in or pull out easily. so i thought it was broken. it says that is normal also. to jiggle it a bit, or pull the handle down a tad and try again. i did, and it worked fine then. (but i am keeping my box and paper work and using it many times before i am convinced it works fine and doesn't need to be replaced).

now i'm just waiting for my wires!!



Thanks for the helpful info, Evelyn.

I'm in the opposite shape from you - My wires just arrived, but I'm waiting for my Cinch to get here!:)

Too bad we don't live close. we could get together and make a book!

not2shabbydesigns 05-19-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainok (Post 18328342)
[/COLOR]

Thanks for the helpful info, Evelyn.

I'm in the opposite shape from you - My wires just arrived, but I'm waiting for my Cinch to get here!:)

Too bad we don't live close. we could get together and make a book!

lol, yes that would be fun! i ordered my wires from the same place as you and i haven't heard a word. i hope to get a shipping confirmation tomorrow or i think i'll give them a call. they took my money (i know that for a fact) lol.

not2shabbydesigns 06-15-2011 08:27 AM

Has anyone made anything with their new Cinch? I just got my wires today.

QueenofTools 06-16-2011 12:32 PM

A couple of Cinch projects
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesigns (Post 18425794)
Has anyone made anything with their new Cinch? I just got my wires today.

Here's a book I made using the original Cinch: http://bonniesbest.com/images/CinchBook.jpg

And here's another one made with Graphic 45 Romantique papers. I was happy to learn that 1/4" eyelets fit into the punched holes -- eyelets can dress up a book cover. (This URL shows the cover, but there are more pictures of the inside of the Romantique book on my Flickr site.)

stampinsweeney 06-17-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenofTools (Post 18430072)
Here's a book I made using the original Cinch: http://bonniesbest.com/images/CinchBook.jpg

And here's another one made with Graphic 45 Romantique papers. I was happy to learn that 1/4" eyelets fit into the punched holes -- eyelets can dress up a book cover. (This URL shows the cover, but there are more pictures of the inside of the Romantique book on my Flickr site.)

Those are absolutely gorgeous! How did you get the pages in those sizes and shapes?

QueenofTools 06-18-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsweeney (Post 18434375)
Those are absolutely gorgeous! How did you get the pages in those sizes and shapes?

Thank you! The shapes in the Romantique book are Chipboard Backdrops by Melissa Frances (5x7 Label). I used two full sheets of the chipboard, and I cut a third sheet at the 1/3 point so I could use graduated sizes. The first page (covered with salmon and ivory) is the first 1/3, then the remaining 2/3rds of the same piece of chipboard (covered with salmon butterflies on pale green), followed by a full piece of chipboard (covered with salmon flowers) before the inside pages start, with another full sheet as the back cover. (I hope this makes sense!)

For the bright colored hodgepodge book, the large red back cover is a Teresa Collins 8x8 bracket shape cover. The smaller piece with the same shape (covered with peacock paper) is a Teresa Collins 5x7 bracket shape cover in kraft. The square chipboard is from 7 Gypsies.

QueenofTools 06-18-2011 08:32 AM

oops! forgot to mention that I cut the "pointy" edges off one side of the largest pieces of chipboard backdrops (in the Graphic 45 Romantique book) so I'd have a straight spine for punching.

procrastistamper 06-28-2011 01:24 PM

Differences Between V1 & V2
 
Just as an FYI, I finally found a list of the differences between the Cinch Version 1 (pink) and the Cinch Version 2 (blue):

What's New in Version 2?

* NEW, more accurate cinching bar system
* NOW compress bindings .325 to 1.25 inches!
* EASY to turn knob at top of cinch bar for selecting wire diameter
* IMPROVED cinch platform with filled-in columns ensuring more circular wires
* IMPROVED inner gear ratio for fully retractable punching every time
* STRONGER springs inside for easier punching
* EXPANDED instructions in 4 languages
* NEW fun color!

I actually just got the Cinch yesterday, and there is a problem with it. That was the last one in the store so I have to wait for the Version 2 to come in. I don't mind because I love the fact that it can cinch smaller wires, and that it's BLUE! :)

The problem I had is that the handle does not always retract fully after punching, so I have to kind of pull it back up manually. That problem seems to be related to the fact that the cinching adjustment is on the side on this pink version (V1), instead of the dial being on top of the cincher, as in V2. Apparently not all of them have this problem, and in fact the store said this was the first return they'd ever had of a Cinch machine, but they did verify that it's not supposed to do that. I'm wondering if the "sticking" I experienced may have been a design issue that caused a number of returns, and that's why they redesigned it so the adjustment for the cincher was on the back.

injoystampin 08-05-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdie123 (Post 18304403)
I don't have it because I purchased my Cinch about 6 weeks ago. I love my Cinch and after watching on HSN and then doing some research it seems that the only difference is that it will bind the smaller rings without a shim. Someone put a lot of time and effort into making a video on YouTube to show how to measure to know hwich pegs to pull out for all sizes of books (this is in addition to the sizes shown on the machine). If you cannot find the video and are interested in a printed version, let me know and I will email you the "how to". I watched it a dozen times, took notes, typed it up, laminated it and have it in my craft room. It is a HUGE TIME SAVER. Enjoy your new machine!

I would love to get the print version, thank you SO much for taking the time to put it all together and for your willingness to share with others. I truly appreciate it. :c)

DoodahGurl 08-05-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by birdie123 (Post 18304403)
I don't have it because I purchased my Cinch about 6 weeks ago. I love my Cinch and after watching on HSN and then doing some research it seems that the only difference is that it will bind the smaller rings without a shim. Someone put a lot of time and effort into making a video on YouTube to show how to measure to know hwich pegs to pull out for all sizes of books (this is in addition to the sizes shown on the machine). If you cannot find the video and are interested in a printed version, let me know and I will email you the "how to". I watched it a dozen times, took notes, typed it up, laminated it and have it in my craft room. It is a HUGE TIME SAVER. Enjoy your new machine!

Birdie, would you be so kind as to send me a copy of your notes as well? I just purchased the Cinch v2 this evening and would love to have as much information on it as possible. Thanks!

paperchic 08-06-2011 08:07 AM

birdie123,
I sent you a pm as well. If you are still sharing I would love to have a copy. Thanks so much for offering your hard work!
Blessings

bbgirl66 08-06-2011 02:01 PM

Birdie,
I hope you aren't tired of all these requests and hopefully you are still sharing. :) I just got my first Cinch...the v2 and would love your notes to help guide me. How wonderful of you to do all that footwork and share with so many. I just sent you a PM. TIA.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:03 AM.