Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Binder Sheets with Pockets for A2 Cards (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/binder-sheets-pockets-a2-cards-t282992.html)

lovetostampforyou 09-01-2007 01:12 PM

Binder Sheets with Pockets for A2 Cards
 
Does anyone know where I can purchase clear sheets for a standard binder to hold my A2 cards? The 4x6 sheets do not fit the A2 size, as they are too tight for the card to fit in. I have purchased sheets with 5x7 openings in the past to fit my cards. I have tried many websites and have not been able to find these just for A2 cards.

Thanks for any help on this!

calgramma 09-01-2007 01:40 PM

Go to Century Photo and get their Polaroid size. They fit A2 cards perfectly. That's what I use in my 'sample book'. HTH

AddictedtoStamps 09-01-2007 01:53 PM

I just saw this advertised on this site.

http://www.stampmagick.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=46

crazysuziestamper 09-01-2007 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgramma (Post 7057320)
Go to Century Photo and get their Polaroid size. They fit A2 cards perfectly. That's what I use in my 'sample book'. HTH

Would you be able to attach a link to the page these are on at Century Photo? I know they are there but cannot find the correct page. Thank you for you help.

lovetostampforyou 09-01-2007 02:55 PM

Pages for Polaroid Size Cards
 
Thank you soooo much.......I have spent hours and hours on this and googling everything about photo pockets, etc. I went to the Cenury website and could not located anything for Polaroid. Could you please give me some more help with this, or an item number to order?

Again, thank you so much!

Jessrose21 09-01-2007 03:18 PM

Here's the link I had saved from a previous search. But now I'm not sure this is the right album. The largest photo size I see is 4x6. Nothing about Polaroids: Century Photo Polaroid album.

lovetostampforyou 09-01-2007 04:00 PM

A2 Card Size Sheets for Binders
 
Thank you for the Stampmagik website. It is absolutely perfect and just what I was looking for! As I said, I have spent days and weeks looking up, but never found anything for just A2 cards.

Thank YOU!

lovetostampforyou 09-01-2007 04:16 PM

To CalGramma re: A2 Sheets for Binders
 
I just found the item # on the Century Photo website; it is PP100-534.

Again, thank you so much as I have spent so much time researching this and had not found this item.

Thank you.

lovetostampforyou 09-02-2007 07:39 AM

Questions for Cal Gramma
 
Hi....me again. Thanks for the information on the sheets that fit the polaroid size pictures. I have a few questions after being on the Century Photo website. They say that their pages fit in THEIR CLASSIC BINDER. Do you know if this is a STANDARD size 3-ring binder?? Was wondering what type of binder you have for yours. Also, I see that the size openings are 4 1/4 x 5 1/4. Since the A2 cards are 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, I was wondering if the fit was very tight in the openings, and if you could fit two back to back easily; i.e., four on one side and four on reverse side?

I appreciate your assistance with this.

Thank you.
Lovetostampfor you

calgramma 09-02-2007 08:24 AM

lovetostampfor you......I have mine in a standard 3-ring binder and I do fit 2 per pocket (front & back). They are a tad short on the 5 1/2 side, but that just makes them easier to remove, IMO. Hope this helps.

lovetostampforyou 09-02-2007 08:54 AM

To Cal Gramma
 
Thank you very much.....that is exactly what I needed to know!

Thanks again,
Lovetostampforyou

P.S. I visited your gallery and I think your cards are beautiful....very nice designs too!!

calgramma 09-02-2007 09:31 AM

Thank you so much!!!!! Enjoy the pages.....I have had them completely full (in a 3 inch binder) with no problem. 200 samples....when I came back from convention last year.

chiripa 09-02-2007 09:37 AM

Just checked both of these websites ... based on the shipping costs ($9.95) to me in southern California for approximately the same number of pages ... Century Photo has a better price for the product of 24 pages for $10.00 where StampMagick has 27 pages for $19.90.

Has anyone ordered a set of the pages from both or has seen both products and is able to compare the two? which has the better product? is one thicker or easier to insert cards than the other? the pages fit better in a 3 ring binder? faster shipping or nicer customer service?

Thanks!

--
Cindy
chiripa

KimberlyinMN 09-02-2007 06:19 PM

I'm going to subscribe to this thread. I'm curious about the difference in the sheets too.

By the way, use code 9876 for 10% off your order at StampMagick. (If that's who you decide to go with.)

chiripa 09-06-2007 09:16 AM

price and quality comparison of A2 card pages
 
Bumping to see if anyone has done a product comparison between Century Photo and StampMagick A2 card pages...

I like the lower price at Century Photo but is the quality of the product at StampMagick the same, better or worse? ... enquiring minds want to know!

Carrying a 3-ring binder full of cards wopuld be a lot easier than carrying a tri-fold display board full of cards.

Another question: do you have your cards in a clear envelope in the page or would it be too tight of a fit?

--
Cindy
chiripa

doxiegal 09-06-2007 10:16 AM

If the size on the Century Photo pockets are 5 1/4 x 4 1/4 - how do you manage to get the 5 1/2 inch side in without it buckling?? The pockets on the sheets from Stampmagic are 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. I just got mine from Stampmagic today. Superfast shipping and they look great.

KimberlyinMN 09-06-2007 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxiegal (Post 7105698)
If the size on the Century Photo pockets are 5 1/4 x 4 1/4 - how do you manage to get the 5 1/2 inch side in without it buckling?? The pockets on the sheets from Stampmagic are 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. I just got mine from Stampmagic today. Superfast shipping and they look great.

From what I understand without actually seeing, the opening is on the short side so that when you slide the card in, the last 1/4" sticks out. The layout is vertical.

Kimberly

MikiBee 09-06-2007 05:09 PM

I bought some of these A2 card protector pages from Everythingbyhand on ebay. The sleeves are AWESOME! They hold 2 very embellished cards (front to back) per pocket/4 pockets per sleeve. And the customer service is great too!

KimberlyinMN 09-06-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBee (Post 7109475)
I bought some of these A2 card protector pages from Everythingbyhand on ebay. The sleeves are AWESOME! They hold 2 very embellished cards (front to back) per pocket/4 pockets per sleeve. And the customer service is great too!

Looking at the picture in the auction, it looks like part of the card sticks out of the pocket at the top. I wonder if this is the same product from Century Photo? Although even it if IS, the eBay auction for 25 sheets actually figures out to a cheaper total than Century Photo. (I'm kind of talking to myself in my head.) Ha!

http://i9.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/7f/7f/7240_1.JPG

MikiBee 09-07-2007 03:31 AM

Yes, a little bit of the top of the card does stick out... somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4".

gailwoo 09-08-2007 08:37 PM

I think you can ask Century to send you a sample of the insert page you need. I have purchased their page protectors in the past, and have asked them for samples. I don't know if they still do that.

i store my cards in photo boxes.

hth, gail

KimberlyinMN 09-09-2007 02:18 PM

I was just at the Stampmagick site and scrolled down on one of the pages for the protector sheets and saw the additional photos showing cards in the pockets.

Doesn't this photo look like about 1/8" or so of the cards sticks out the top of each of the pockets?

http://www.stampmagick.com/catalog/i...age_page02.jpg

MikiBee 09-10-2007 03:25 AM

Yeah, they look to be the same as the protectors I mentioned above. I'm betting they all come from the same place.

KimberlyinMN 09-10-2007 06:58 AM

Okay, that eases my mind. Gosh, I seem to get obsessed with things like this... :) Now I know to just buy from the overall (price + shipping) less expensive place - which would be the eBay seller you mentioned.

Thanks!

Kimberly

KimberlyinMN 09-11-2007 12:09 PM

I just got a new Century Photo catalog in the mail and saw that they have a "custom filled album" for a pretty good price. Item # AK075 includes a deluxe album with two 25-pack sets of photo pages for $18.99. Each pack is sold individually for $10 and an empty album is $3.99.

http://tinyurl.com/2zwexs

lovetostampforyou 09-11-2007 05:52 PM

Pockets for A2 Cards
 
I had originally sent in my request as to where to find the pockets for A2 cards to keep in a standard 3-ring binder. The answers were from Century Photo and from StampMagick. I opted for the StampMagick sheets because they measured 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 vs. Century Photo at 4 1/4 x 5 1/4. I was told that the Century Photo pockets were ordered under the Polaroid Picture size and that the A2 card stuck out at the top about 1/4 inch.

I got the sheets from StampMagick and they also stick out at the top about 1/4 inch. The cards fit EXACTLY into each pocket.....a little bit tight but okay....I think I made the right decision because if the Century Photo ones are measuring less, then they would really be tight! I am very happy with the sheets from StampMagick and would highly recommend. Use the code that was given to me of 9876 for a 10% discount through the end of Sept.

KimberlyinMN 09-11-2007 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostampforyou (Post 7159033)
I had originally sent in my request as to where to find the pockets for A2 cards to keep in a standard 3-ring binder. The answers were from Century Photo and from StampMagick. I opted for the StampMagick sheets because they measured 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 vs. Century Photo at 4 1/4 x 5 1/4. I was told that the Century Photo pockets were ordered under the Polaroid Picture size and that the A2 card stuck out at the top about 1/4 inch.

I got the sheets from StampMagick and they also stick out at the top about 1/4 inch. The cards fit EXACTLY into each pocket.....a little bit tight but okay....I think I made the right decision because if the Century Photo ones are measuring less, then they would really be tight! I am very happy with the sheets from StampMagick and would highly recommend. Use the code that was given to me of 9876 for a 10% discount through the end of Sept.

Have you measured the StampMagick pockets yourself? I'm just curious why an A2 card that measures 5-1/2" would stick out 1/4" from a 5-1/2" pocket. KWIM? That would lead me to think the pocket only measures 5-1/4". ;)

Kimberly

lovetostampforyou 09-13-2007 05:17 AM

A2 Card Size Sheets for Binders
 
I measured the sheets from StampMagick and they do measure 4 1/4 X 5 1/2; however, the opening is actually 5 1/4 which is why the card sticks out a tiny bit at the top. I am going to request a sample from Century Photo to see if they are of the same quality, since they seem to be the same size after all.

KimberlyinMN 09-13-2007 05:26 AM

Cool! Thanks for measuring! :)

My3LittleMonkeys 09-13-2007 09:52 AM

Thanks for all of this info!! I have been looking at all the office stores here to no avail!! Now the search can end and I will shop online!!

Siobhan

chiripa 10-03-2007 08:18 AM

which page is better?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostampforyou (Post 7174324)
I measured the sheets from StampMagick and they do measure 4 1/4 X 5 1/2; however, the opening is actually 5 1/4 which is why the card sticks out a tiny bit at the top. I am going to request a sample from Century Photo to see if they are of the same quality, since they seem to be the same size after all.


Have you received your sample from Century Photo? which page do you like better? I'm still trying to decide which pages I should order...thanks!

--
Cindy
chiripa

lovetostampforyou 10-03-2007 11:05 AM

No, I have not received my sample yet!! I have called four times (including today) now for the sample! They told me today that it DID go out last Thursday and to see if I receive by this Friday. I need more pockets myself and want to see if there are any differrences between the two in quality, due to the big price difference! I will post and let you know just as soon as I receive......hopefully in the next day or two!

Love to stamp for you

lovetostampforyou 10-14-2007 02:21 PM

Well I finally received my sample from Century Photo and I was not pleased with it at all. It is made of a very thin material and when the cards are in, it is very flimsly and floppy when the cards are inserted. Unlike the pages from Stamp Magick which are very thick and durable and of a MUCH BETTER quality. I would hightly recommend the pages from Stamp Magick, even with the cost being slightly more....it is well worth it! For both of the pages, the cards stick out a bit at the top, but this is no problem. You can easily fit cards back to back, so you can insert 8cards in one page. Hope this helps.

Jessrose21 10-14-2007 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostampforyou (Post 7450154)
Well I finally received my sample from Century Photo and I was not pleased with it at all. It is made of a very thin material and when the cards are in, it is very flimsly and floppy when the cards are inserted. Unlike the pages from Stamp Magick which are very thick and durable and of a MUCH BETTER quality. I would hightly recommend the pages from Stamp Magick, even with the cost being slightly more....it is well worth it! For both of the pages, the cards stick out a bit at the top, but this is no problem. You can easily fit cards back to back, so you can insert 8cards in one page. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the report! I'm glad I didn't order one yet.

My3LittleMonkeys 11-09-2007 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN (Post 7109936)
Looking at the picture in the auction, it looks like part of the card sticks out of the pocket at the top. I wonder if this is the same product from Century Photo? Although even it if IS, the eBay auction for 25 sheets actually figures out to a cheaper total than Century Photo. (I'm kind of talking to myself in my head.) Ha!

http://i9.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/7f/7f/7240_1.JPG

So, I purchased the sheets from Everything By Hand and they ARE the Century Photo sheets! The sheets have "Century Photo" embossed in the margin!! Too funny!

Anyway, I do like them. I loaded them tonight with my Pen Pal cards and letters. They are thin, but they hold well and not one broke while I was loading them. And they are light, which makes handling the binder easy.

They do fit 8 cards easily.

CaptainCaffeine 11-13-2012 06:48 PM

I ordered my pages from Everything by Hand on eBay. Here is the link:
Stampin Up or Handmade Card Organizer Holds 200 1 Pkt | eBay

I was very happy with them, and they work well. Hope that helps!

mswhittaker23 11-14-2012 07:28 AM

By any chance, is this what you were looking for?

Amazon.com: Ultra Pro 2 Pocket (5-by-7-inch Photos) Pages (100 Pages): Sports & Outdoors

I bought these for my clear stamp sets, and they're high quality and 5x7 pocket size. Love them.

CaptainCaffeine 11-14-2012 11:32 AM

The ones from Amazon hold 5x7 cards, whereas the ones I linked at eBay hold 4.25x5.5 cards. The ones at Amazon would be good to hold the 6x6 or 5x7 card sizes, though.

edie453 11-15-2012 04:49 PM

This looks like an excellent way to store cards so I can flip through and find things. One question though, I make envelopes to match the cards and it sounds like things are very snug now. Do you think I can fit a card with a matching envelope?

CaptainCaffeine 11-28-2012 10:06 AM

I tried that. The envelopes do not fit in the pockets. I keep the decorated enveloped in a file folder in my cabinet labeled "Envelopes for Sample Cards." That way if I ever want to retire the card and send it, I know where its envelope is.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:46 AM.