Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/)
-   -   Acetate/window sheets/cricut cart packaging (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-f128/acetate-window-sheets-cricut-cart-packaging-t558236.html)

franb63 07-26-2012 10:19 AM

Acetate/window sheets/cricut cart packaging

Ok I have a question .. You know the packaging off cricut cartridges? off of Nesties? that stuff??

Well can it be used in the same way as acetate / window sheets / overhead projector page thingys??

Scrapjanny 07-27-2012 05:40 AM

I've used it with no problems. I try to recycle my packaging whenever I can.

xocandiox 07-27-2012 05:44 AM

absolutely! I save all packaging for this reason, and I also bought some clear acetate report covers from amazon in a big box.

franb63 07-27-2012 07:59 AM

oh oh TY I wondered .. I was like wow no one knows because of no response.. I too have saved some of the packages.. YAYYYY I can try to do this card ( I hope ) for a class soon

xocandiox 07-27-2012 08:00 AM

if you have an embossing machine (ie cuttlebug or bigshot) those acetate sheets (report covers or from packaging) also emboss beautifully!

Scrapjanny 07-27-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xocandiox (Post 19581265)
if you have an embossing machine (ie cuttlebug or bigshot) those acetate sheets (report covers or from packaging) also emboss beautifully!

Oh, yes, you're so right! I've done that too, and it's a very cool effect.:cool:

turtlebee 08-01-2012 06:51 AM

Plus if it is a #6 plastic, it can be shrunk down. Like shrinky dinks!!!

xocandiox 08-01-2012 06:52 AM

I've heard this but have had no luck finding anything marked #6, do you know of anything off hand?

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlebee (Post 19590926)
Plus if it is a #6 plastic, it can be shrunk down. Like shrinky dinks!!!

casmiles 08-01-2012 07:18 AM

I've got a huge bag of it. Cut out all the curves and save the flat portions; anything over 2" or so gets saved. Windows, floating cards, all kinds of fun stuff. Stamp it, punch it, emboss it (embossing folders), and use alcohol inks too. All kinds of possibilities.

turtlebee 08-02-2012 06:58 AM

#6 plastics usually are from clear plastic containers that hold maybe muffins, cookies etc.

Texasrose 08-02-2012 08:43 PM

This probably isn't the right spot, but not sure how to go about doing it in the right area. Here goes--I have a EK Success punch that has not been used more than a time or two and it will not cut a sharp edge on any paper. Cardstock or Designer paper. It just bends the one edge. I tried the aluminum foil and that didn't help. It is the Circle Chain edger punch. I can't find the receipt and I did a lot of looking. I think I got it at JoAnn's. Not sure. We are 4 hours round trip from there. Any suggestions other than to forget it?

jeanne3579 08-03-2012 07:30 AM

Write the company. I had a similar punch from Fiskers and they replaced it for me. Worth a try.

jeanne3579 08-03-2012 07:39 AM

I use some of the plastic packaging to make "patterns" of all my Nesties. When I cut out a shape/size for the first time, I cut out another on a scrap piece of paper. Then I have a plastic piece designated and labeled for that shape (i.e. Classic Scalloped Ovals) and I draw around the shape with a permanent marker (I find it easier to use the mortise shape) in its place on plastic so the shapes are concentric and label it L-#2 or S-#5 or whatever and keep them all in a plastic baggie. Then when I need to decide on what size die to use I can place the plastic over the card or stamp to see which fits best. This is not my idea. Creative Memories provides the plastic "pattern" with their circle and oval cutting system.

Texasrose 08-03-2012 09:52 PM

Thank you. I will try to find their address and see if they have a solution to the problem.

Texasrose 08-03-2012 09:55 PM

jeanne3579 Thank you. I will try to find their address and see if they have a solution for the problem.

jeanne3579 08-04-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasrose (Post 19597058)
jeanne3579 Thank you. I will try to find their address and see if they have a solution for the problem.

Give Google a try. It is amazing what all is there. I'm sure you will find a web site, email or phone number that way. Good luck!