Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Printer Recommendations

For many years I used a Canon Pixma printer for single feed of heavy cardstock. It was recommended for this purpose by Gina K and was my favorite printer. It died a couple years ago. I need to replace it and wonder what are you using to single feed heavy cardstock?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Canon Pixma MX360 and like it very much. It didn't cost much, about $60 I think at Walmart. It has an outside paper feed, so it works very well with cardstock. I've even put up to 5 or 6 sheets in the feeder at once and had no problems.

The tech world moves so fast, that this model has probably been discontinued, lol. But I think you would be okay with any decent printer that has an outside feed, so that the cardstock doesn't have to go inside and roll around a roller. I think that's what causes jams.

Good luck with your search.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2017, 08:45 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Printer recommendation

I recently had to buy a new printer. I had specific requirements in that it had to do with what my now defunct printer did.

I settled on an Epsom EX 640 because it had the required:

Must be wireless ( so I can print off iPad or iPhone)Epson has a free app to download for this

It had to take My staples 110 card stock which I took with me to watch it print.
I also wanted good color, so I took a tag I had colored and had it printed off. It has a really good Dpi compared to other brands I tried.

Purchased this at Staples after going to Best Buy on sale $89. I loved my previous HP that had photosmart technology but was informed they no longer have this in cheaper printers.

I was surprised when we were going from place to place, that two places said they would not recommend a Cannon which I always thought a good brand. Before I could ask, we were informed "they make great cameras...but not printers". Now that could be that they no longer make them like they used to ...just like my old HP .

For the last two printers over many years I always take my card stock, and while I don't use color to print off my cards I still want good color for other things. We all have different requirements, as a matter of fact one of the Epsom printers was made for cardstock in that it feeds differently, but dpi was half of what mine had. You will get a lot of advice here, all depends on what you will use your printer for.

One of the girls in my stamping group went out and also purchased an Epsom after seeing my sample print out. Have fun shopping.
Reply With Quote Likes