Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-15-2008, 09:12 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Paper Craft Station ?

Has anyone seen this in person? Says available July, but have yet to see it anywhere....looks cool!

http://helixusa.com/Products/Craft+With+Helix
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2008, 12:21 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

it does look neat! i thought ohhh, i need this, then i thought, but i already have 5 ways to do each of these things!!! lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Paper Crafting Station - my thoughts.

Yes, I already have a paper trimmer and I don't make boxes and envelopes much. But, What I like about this is that you don't need a light table to dry emboss frames and such. I like to do embossed and debossed frames in which to set artwork on cards (for which Cuttlebug hasn't yet come out with something at the large "card size"). I can emboss on the heaviest card stock with this tool because of the way it's used. Also, you can use the craft knife and the next smaller shape to cut out the middle to make quick windows and frames.

Also, it can be used similar to the Score-Pal, so with the money I save by not buying that, I get all of the other features.

If you want to watch a Demo, go to HSN.com and type in Paper Craft Station. There is a video of the on-air presentation. In addition, the HSN set comes with a box and envelope making template, and extra envelope/corner embossing template and two additional embossing templates (words and shapes). All of this extra is included in the price that is the same as the price of the basic unit elsewhere.

Also, HSN has a 15% off one item for first-time customers, (C56574). I went to the Helix website and found out those extra embossing templates are about $20 each, so I thought this was a good deal to buy the whole package. I think I will invest later in the embossed lines template. Not only can you emboss, but you can also cut using those templates and the small craft knife they include.

If you only want the basic station, Ritz Camera has it for $49 or something like that.

I haven't gotten it yet, but for what I want to be able to do, I think it's not a bad deal. I will give it to hubby and tell him to wrap it up for me for Christmas -- he's always asking what I want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Question Curious?????

I am still curious - is there any one out there that has purchased this, and has compared it to the Scor-Pal? I hear such rave review about Scor-Pal, but nothing about the Paper Craft Station
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightrachel1008View Post
it does look neat! i thought ohhh, i need this, then i thought, but i already have 5 ways to do each of these things!!! lol.
LOL!!! I looked and thought the exact same thing.:-D

-Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes