Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch I just had Sticker Shock

Copic Sketch and refills went up 77� each.
Sketch are $5.24 and refills are $5.99

I check several places including Carpe Dien and all have their prices listed for sketch at $5.24 and refills at $5.99.

Oozak no longer has a price for registered members. I think it is because he will have a store front and has to charge walk in customers and on-line customers the same .

I need new bath towels and last year I had set aside money to buy them, but decided to let the towels wait and buy my Copics and refills before the price increase. I don't go into debt. If I go over budget in one area I must take it from something else.

In hindsight it was a wise decision
I still "love" my Copics, and I am very happy I got them when I did, but I think my Copic collection is complete.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 04:58 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Yes, I saw that Oozak no longer has a lowered price for registered members (sigh), and a 77 cent jump in price seems quite a jump doesn't it? I'm happy I have the large collection I have, but I will need more refills eventually and I can't just order 2 or 3 at a time (shipping too high). I'm agonizing over the new 2012 sketch colors - but that's next month, so we'll see...

Molly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

$6 for a refill when you can get 8-10 marker refills from one bottle is not as bad as $5.25 for ONE marker .

I love some of the new colors too, but I doubt I will buy them. There is a limit on what I am willing to spend on a hobby . All of this stuff is getting too expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

I just checked oozak because I just placed an order with them with some Christmas money and really liked the customer service (I hadn't ordered from there before) and they have copic sketch at $5.24 when you log in. Isn't that correct with the increase?

My Blog- A work in progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessBaachView Post
I just checked oozak because I just placed an order with them with some Christmas money and really liked the customer service (I hadn't ordered from there before) and they have copic sketch at $5.24 when you log in. Isn't that correct with the increase?
Yes that is the new price. I guess a lot of us were spoiled with the former prices. The sketch markers were $4.19 in June/July and $4.47 after the August increase. So since July they have gone up $1.05 per marker
I bought nearly all of my markers from Oozak . Never had one problem with my orders and except this week because he is moving the shipping is lightening speed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was surprised to see Oozark's new pricing, too. I checked scrapbookpal.com and markers are listed at $5.24 and refills at $5.62. Scrapbookpal has free shipping on any order $25+

I've ordered a few times from scrapbookpal and their turn around time is awesome, just like Oozark's is.

I consider my copic collection complete now, too. I don't have them all, my collection stands at around 90 markers. I ordered 1/2 of the refills for my marker collection from Oozark as soon as I received their email about the January 1 price increase. I just couldn't afford to get all the refills all at once. Eventually I'll get the rest of the refills I need but I'll be getting them from scrapbookpal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

Ya I know they just increased but I thought someone said here that oozak no longer had cheaper pricing if you are logged on and $5.24 is better than $7.76 or whatever it will be.

$5 a marker is crazy but I've been buying them slowly so it doesn't seem to bad to me. I am using prismacolor pencils while I build my stash

My Blog- A work in progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
Yes that is the new price. I guess a lot of us were spoiled with the former prices. The sketch markers were $4.19 in June/July and $4.47 after the August increase. So since July they have gone up $1.05 per marker
I bought nearly all of my markers from Oozak . Never had one problem with my orders and except this week because he is moving the shipping is lightening speed.
I think 2 price increases in a matter of months is excessive. I really do like my Sketch markers but they are pricing people right out of buying them. maybe we should start a petition to object to the price increase like Verizon customers did to the $2 fee. LOL! Somehow we need to tell COPIC this stinks!
Reply With Quote Likes