Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nestibilities vs. marvy scallop punches???

Does anyone have the Nestibilities yet? I have some of the scallop punches but now that I have been reading about the Nestibilities I am wanting them too! I just can't justify buying them unless I sell the punches. What do you guys think? I would like to have all the different sizes and the storing of them is much smaller. Would I still need the punches?

PLEASE help me with this dilemma!

Just not enough time in the day to do
everything that I love to do
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 10:30 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I have several of the scallop punches in the mega and giga sizes. Circle, oval and square. But the Nestibilities have both punching and embossing capabilities. I preordered the retangular Nestibilities because I don't have any of them in the punches. I will decide then whether I need the other shapes and if I should sell my punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2007, 11:25 AM   #3  
SCS RAK Coordinator

oh c'mon, the whole set is only $300 !!! Just do it!!! Humph.

This is the big question isn't it? I think I'm going to do the same as Charlee... I don't have the Giga Scallop Circle yet so I think I'm going to the Nestabilities for that. And I ONLY have the giga for square and oval... no mega... so I might buy those Nestabilities later if I like them. AND if they really work well with my Cuttlebug...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 04:44 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, since I have 3 different die machine, I will be getting some of the nestablilties for sure.

The fact that you can emboss and cut both, is the real value in the deal!

I will them sell off my scalloped and regulat Giga, Mega and other punches I won't be useing. I'm sure they would be of use to someone thst does not have a die machine?

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 04:48 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by kphorseView Post
Well, since I have 3 different die machine, I will be getting some of the nestablilties for sure.

The fact that you can emboss and cut both, is the real value in the deal!

I will them sell off my scalloped and regulat Giga, Mega and other punches I won't be useing. I'm sure they would be of use to someone thst does not have a die machine?
that would be me, no scallop punches either, saw the nestabilities and wanted to plunk down $300+ they looked so cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I do have a lot of the Marvy scalloped punches and have also pre-ordered all of the Nestabilities from Ellen's store. They are supposed to be to retailers for shipping around the end of this month. I will keep my punches because they are so convenient if I just need something quick and don't want to get out all the die cutting stuff. (I stamp in my kitchen and do not have a permanent set-up for die cutting/embossing.)

I love all the options the Nestabilities give you, and if these had been around at the same time as all those punches appeared, I would have passed on the punches because they take up soooo much space.

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Any one else going to buy the nestibilities????

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

I pre-ordered some from http://www.ucutathome.com/. They had a 40% coupon that they let me use on them, so I got the complete set of ovals for around $53. I thought that I would be able to hold off and resist, since I had been using my scallop scissors to make my own shapes, but the coupon pushed me over the edge! However, I don't own any of the punches, because I never could decide what size to get. So, it was any easy decision for me to go ahead and get them. I was really sold on the capability to emboss the shape as well. I know someone has posted a way to emboss without having the Nestabilities, but I am pretty lazy, so decided to go ahead and get them.

Help any? Probably not, LOL.

Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 11:53 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Where did you get the 40% coupon????

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Did you have to call them to apply the 40% coupon to your pre-order (I signed up last night at their website
http://www.ucutathome.com
and recieved the coupon in my email today) or can you do the whole transaction -- preorder the Nestabilities and apply the coupon -- on line? I just tried calling them but got VM. TFYH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #11  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmolitorView Post
Does anyone have the Nestibilities yet? I have some of the scallop punches but now that I have been reading about the Nestibilities I am wanting them too! I just can't justify buying them unless I sell the punches. What do you guys think? I would like to have all the different sizes and the storing of them is much smaller. Would I still need the punches?

PLEASE help me with this dilemma!
I enjoy the punches, and, I will probably keep them, BUT, there are some projects I want to do for which only the Nestibilities will work.

I can hardly wait for the scallop CIRCLES to be available. Serious! I am just dyin' to get my hands on those babies, and the wait is KILLIN' me!!!

When I stop and consider the value alone of the nested dies, vs. separate punches, it would be crazy for me not to, really, since I do already own a personal die cutting system which I use and keep ready for use on my cutting station 24/7 , and these are compatible with it, UKWIM?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have mine pre-ordered and can't wait to get them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #13  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Smile Can't Wait!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsapassionView Post
Did you have to call them to apply the 40% coupon to your pre-order (I signed up last night at their website
http://www.ucutathome.com
and recieved the coupon in my email today) or can you do the whole transaction -- preorder the Nestabilities and apply the coupon -- on line? I just tried calling them but got VM. TFYH!
Just got my own questions answered The very nice lady from ucutathome called me back and I ordered the complete Oval set with the 40% coupon -- $54.00 -- what a deal!! (Thanks for the tip Connie). She said most people are planning to order one set a month so they can get 40% off each time. She also said once they start receiving them, they will have them in stock so when you place your order you will get them shipped right away. So lets see, I buy one set a month, then by this time in November, I'll have the entire set for a little over $200!! I think Mr. Budget can handle that. ;) Yahoo...!! Ladies...get going!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 04:02 PM   #14  
Crimping Master

Hi,
Sorry I didn't get back to this thread to answer your question, but so glad you got help anyway! I had posted a few days ago about the great customer service. But Kelly, to answer your question, you have to sign up as a VIP member - just your name and email - and you receive the coupon code in your email. Then you just apply it to your order.

I did this the other night, and somehow my coupon code go erased. It gave my total as $70 something, so I emailed the address listed. This was around 10:00 P.M. eastern time, so I didn't expect a reply. I got one at 1:21 A.M. saying that the problem had been fixed, my coupon applied and my new total. Great customer service!

I also am planning to order them one at a time, or maybe get my sister to order some so we can share. I am patient, so I don't mind not getting them all at once.

Hope this helps!
Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I am definitely on this bandwagon! Can't wait to emboss as well as cut, so glad I held off on some of the punches. I have the circle punches so I am buying the small scalloped ones for a little variation. Can't wait for them to all get here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 04:56 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
I enjoy the punches, and, I will probably keep them, BUT, there are some projects I want to do for which only the Nestibilities will work.

I can hardly wait for the scallop CIRCLES to be available. Serious! I am just dyin' to get my hands on those babies, and the wait is KILLIN' me!!!

When I stop and consider the value alone of the nested dies, vs. separate punches, it would be crazy for me not to, really, since I do already own a personal die cutting system which I use and keep ready for use on my cutting station 24/7 , and these are compatible with it, UKWIM?
Thank you to Connie - I signed up as well.

For my dear, dear HRR: I know that we all have our favorite shapes - is that why you are droolingly waiting for CIRCLES?

I've been trying to hold on to my DH's $ for awhile while I decided and now, I agree, that I must have this. But, my first choicere is the rectangles. Ah well, I eventually will be like the others and have them all.

Just curious...

thanks, everyone!!
Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Ok.... I have signed up now too. Do you receive a 40% coupon each month? If so that is the way I will be getting these! I will be ordering once I receive my coupon code. Now the dilemma is what shape????

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #18  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinksView Post
Thank you to Connie - I signed up as well.

For my dear, dear HRR: I know that we all have our favorite shapes - is that why you are droolingly waiting for CIRCLES?

I've been trying to hold on to my DH's $ for awhile while I decided and now, I agree, that I must have this. But, my first choicere is the rectangles. Ah well, I eventually will be like the others and have them all.

Just curious...

thanks, everyone!!
Lynn
Ha! Aaaawe shucks, Twinks! You know me too well! ;)

*chinkle*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmolitorView Post
Ok.... I have signed up now too. Do you receive a 40% coupon each month? If so that is the way I will be getting these! I will be ordering once I receive my coupon code. Now the dilemma is what shape????
Yes, one coupon every month. Isn't that neat?
I'm going with rectangle first - tho I can't wait to see what the HRR does with her circles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I'm totally ordering these Nestabilities. It makes sense to me. For $24.99 you get 5 - 7 different size dies. Hello that totally makes sense to me. Isn't that the same price of 1 punch and that's just 1 size. And to store them flat in rather then a pile or drawer full.

Yeap, I'm getting the whole complete set. Squares, Rectangles, Circles, Ovals, Scallops and Geometric. I'm getting them all. And I can't wait to play with them either. It's going to be so much fun fun fun.

Happy Creative Thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 08:16 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by hooked-2View Post
I'm totally ordering these Nestabilities. It makes sense to me. For $24.99 you get 5 - 7 different size dies. Hello that totally makes sense to me. Isn't that the same price of 1 punch and that's just 1 size. And to store them flat in rather then a pile or drawer full.

Yeap, I'm getting the whole complete set. Squares, Rectangles, Circles, Ovals, Scallops and Geometric. I'm getting them all. And I can't wait to play with them either. It's going to be so much fun fun fun.

Happy Creative Thoughts.

Hello-ooooooo,
Wowie! What's this Geometric? More shapes or a combination of shapes in a set? Any hearts?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinksView Post
Hello-ooooooo,
Wowie! What's this Geometric? More shapes or a combination of shapes in a set? Any hearts?

TIA!
Just did a search... Geometric Stars card picture in this chat thread...
Eli's Craft Room
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Oh... My.... Goodnes....

I've gone and done it now!!! I went ahead and ordered the whole shebang from Papertrey!!

I did do comparison shopping first. The 40% off coupon from cut@home is only good for one set. So Papertrey's $300 price tag for all four shape sets came out to a little less. Hope my mathlexia was not playing tricks on me tonight.

I do NOT own even one scalloped punch, so there's my excuse for spending a bundle!!

John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 10:02 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

OK - so I'm a little biased, but I have to say that the Nestabilities are really fabulous and I believe that those of you who will have these babies in your hands come September will enjoy every minute using them. They will be a staple in your everyday cardmaking like no punch ever could be
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #25  
Crimping Master

40% off, how could you not???

So, which set should I order first?
Square, rectangle, circle or oval?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
Eli's Craft Room

Wow! Thank you for the link!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 04:53 AM   #27  
Forum Fanatic

Honestly, with the price of the Marvy punches, I'm thinking I will buy 2 sets of nestabilities AND a big kick- and still make out okay.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 04:59 AM   #28  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

my question is what kind of "machine" do you need for the nestabilities? I have a big Sizzix...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 05:17 AM   #29  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
Eli's Craft Room
Are the geometric stars part of the nestabilities line? Or part of the geometric line? (Which had them all together where you had to break them apart)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 05:30 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321View Post
Are the geometric stars part of the nestabilities line? Or part of the geometric line? (Which had them all together where you had to break them apart)

The new star die isn't available yet, it was introduced at CHA, that is why you don't see much on it at sights. I have one of the prototype dies and it is FABULOUS! The die will be available within the next month or so.

The star die is not "tanged". Each star is free floating and comes as a separate die in the set, just as the nestability scallops do.

As existing inventory on the original geometric dies are sold, all new manufactured geometrics (original triangles, rectangles, abstract squares, circles, ovals and squares) will be free floating dies also.

I hope this answers your questions!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 05:33 AM   #31  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimInIowaView Post
As existing inventory on the original geometric dies are sold, all new manufactured geometrics (original triangles, rectangles, abstract squares, circles, ovals and squares) will be free floating dies also.

Kim
Fantastic! I think spellbinders is going to force me to buy a die cutting machine! Their shapes are incredible!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 05:38 AM   #32  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbieView Post
my question is what kind of "machine" do you need for the nestabilities? I have a big Sizzix...

You can use the Sizzix with the nestabilities but you probably won't be as happy with the results as if you had a "press style" machine. With the original Sizzix you are relying on your own ability to give lots of pressure to the cut and emboss, these nestabilities are a low profile die, not like the Sizzix steel ruled die with a deep blade.

For example, the pressure in the Wizard is 3,000 pounds as the paper and die pass through the rollers. That 3,000 pounds is where the BIG difference in emboss comes through. You'd be surprised at the difference in side by side comparisons, even with other roller machines.

The dies will work with other machines, but if you are considering buying a new machine, I'd look seriously at the Wizard. Its the only all metal machine on the market, no plastic! Because of the pressure involved it gives you the capability to do so much more than just die cut!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 07:05 AM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllenHView Post
OK - so I'm a little biased, but I have to say that the Nestabilities are really fabulous and I believe that those of you who will have these babies in your hands come September will enjoy every minute using them. They will be a staple in your everyday cardmaking like no punch ever could be
Ellen... can't wait for my Nesties to arrive! I'm on your pre-order list for the "Gotta Have It All" package. The info you've been posting on your blog has been very helpful. Fingers crossed for good news at your doctor visit!

�Any time we can�t solve it, we have to manage it, until we can start to solve it again.� ~Tony Blair
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 07:13 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

I am seriously thinking of buying these too, with the exchange rate between the UK and USA they will be good value. The only trouble I have is that with the punches you can turn them over and punch around a stamped image, with the dies you cannot do that. I will have to have a think about it and get my stamping up to scratch!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 07:15 AM   #35  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle UKView Post
I am seriously thinking of buying these too, with the exchange rate between the UK and USA they will be good value. The only trouble I have is that with the punches you can turn them over and punch around a stamped image, with the dies you cannot do that. I will have to have a think about it and get my stamping up to scratch!!
You could stamp an image on a sheet of paper, and then position the die over it! With these dies you can see through them (because they are open in the middle) unlike some other dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 07:31 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

You could stamp an image on a sheet of paper, and then position the die over it! With these dies you can see through them (because they are open in the middle) unlike some other dies.
Thank you! Yes, I'm sure there is a way round it, much better that they are hollow - should be easier! Will definately have a serious think about them , I love the fact that they can emboss too ... and they nest so well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #37  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

You've got it Skittle1321 !! I've been doing exactly what you describe today. I end up buidling my sandwich upside down, starting with the paper, then position the die over the image on the paper, you can put a little piece of removable tape on the die and paper if you are worried about it moving. I like to print a computer generated sentiment and then position a tag die over it for perfect positioning when making cards. Very easy!

Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #38  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimInIowaView Post
You can use the Sizzix with the nestabilities but you probably won't be as happy with the results as if you had a "press style" machine. With the original Sizzix you are relying on your own ability to give lots of pressure to the cut and emboss, these nestabilities are a low profile die, not like the Sizzix steel ruled die with a deep blade.

For example, the pressure in the Wizard is 3,000 pounds as the paper and die pass through the rollers. That 3,000 pounds is where the BIG difference in emboss comes through. You'd be surprised at the difference in side by side comparisons, even with other roller machines.

The dies will work with other machines, but if you are considering buying a new machine, I'd look seriously at the Wizard. Its the only all metal machine on the market, no plastic! Because of the pressure involved it gives you the capability to do so much more than just die cut!

Kim
Cuttlebug works, too. Nicole has a tutorial on her typepad: nicoleheady.typepad.com and yes, I did it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

I just ordered the circles from Cut@Home and asked for the 40% off coupon to be used on the order. I was not given it even when I checked my order history.
I emailed them, but haven't heard anything.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #40  
Pearl-ExPert

I just got a couple of emails and Marcie said the 40% off was applied and I am all set. What a sweetie she is.
Reply With Quote Likes