Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my Scor-it board crooked???

Has anyone had a problem with their Scor-It board center metal rule being crooked? It's not bent... Mine seems to not be SQUARE to the top edge. I scored 50 sets of Christmas cards, every single one of them just a bit 'off'. I thought perhaps I had let the paper move, or the tool had dragged, but I've used it since and every time there is a discrepancy! :(
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Oh man, that sucks.

~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Another thing to try is to pull the scoring tool towards the top rather than away from it. Does that make sense? I've noticed this with personal paper trimmers too. Sometimes if you pull the blade/scoring tool away from the edge the paper is nestled against it sort of nudges the paper askew just a bit. If you pull the tool in the opposite direction, the paper is being "pushed" against the edge so it has nowhere to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2010, 12:07 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
Another thing to try is to pull the scoring tool towards the top rather than away from it. Does that make sense? I've noticed this with personal paper trimmers too. Sometimes if you pull the blade/scoring tool away from the edge the paper is nestled against it sort of nudges the paper askew just a bit. If you pull the tool in the opposite direction, the paper is being "pushed" against the edge so it has nowhere to go.
This is an excellent tip - I never thought of that before. I know sometimes my card bases are off like 1/64" and it really irritates me. I'll have to give this a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks, Betsy. I think I tried that... although because I've been frustrated I've avoided using it lately. It did occur to me that perhaps the tool is 'dragging' the paper away from the top edge and making the line angled.
Maybe i should turn the board upside down with the alignment edge closest to me, and PULL the stylus toward me and the alignment edge, essentially pushing hte paper up against the alignment edge.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes