Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Misti and Stamping Up Stamps

Can you please share your experience with stampin Up clear aka cling stamps. Do they stick to the misti. Most dont stick to anything in my experience without extra glue help-- new stamps, new blocks. How do I they work with the misti.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Yep - it's all I use.

However, I do not put the stickers on the stamps - those are cling vinyl and they don't stick to anything as well as just the cling foam does. It's too humid in Texas to use the stickers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2016, 07:55 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just take those stickers off and you should be good to go...I've never had luck making the stickers stick on ANYthing except the back of those stamps. LOVE my MISTI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Without the stickers, it makes lining up stamps difficult. I have written to the company that I just don't understand their inferior product and their reluctance to fixing it. I can get a stamp in thr $bin that sticks with no problem. Their answer was to buy another of their products to clean things. I finally gave up and just buy from companies that want to serve me with a good product.
Thank you for the imput. Trying to decide on buying the misti and which one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I do put the stickers on my SU stamps. The only time I had a problem with them sticking is when my block was dirty. As for MISTI I've had no problem with them sticking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one of the MISTIs Iliana made. (Laser etched grid on the lid) I put clear vinyl on the inside just for the SU stamps. I leave it on all the time. The stamps do pull it up but I like that my top/lid is clean and unscratched. When the vinyl gets too stretched out, I'll replace it but I have been using the same vinyl sheet for almost a year. (Got my MISTI Sept of 2014)

I just leave my stickers on because I know I would stamp an image upside down otherwise. I wonder, also, why SU doesn't find a sticker vinyl that does cling to an acrylic block. Someone told me that theirs ALWAYS sticks to her blocks because they are SU acrylic blocks. I have gone to card workshops where SU stamps with the image stickers fall off of the SU blocks. The response given to about this problem was extremely RUDE!

Another big fan of the MISTI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #7  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
Someone told me that theirs ALWAYS sticks to her blocks because they are SU acrylic blocks.

Not true and not super ethical if someone is saying that to try to sell blocks - they don't stick to any blocks - it's just an inferior system to a billion other labeled stamps like Tim Holtz, Inkadinkado, etc. We just didn't get this right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #8  
Inking Addict

No stickers for me either - the stamps always stay stuck to MISTI or any variety of acrylic blocks.

...just learning
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Default Misti

How do you line things up without the stickers?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 11:10 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I've watched a couple of SU Youtube vids and those people make a mark on the top edge of each stamp such that it tells them where to line it up.

Obviously the photopolymers are easier.

I think you could cut out the inner part of the sticker so it would leave surface area for the stamp to stick to the MISTI or an acrylic block and still give you the guidelines you need for a successful stamp....just a thought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Default Misti stampin Up stamps

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Not true and not super ethical if someone is saying that to try to sell blocks - they don't stick to any blocks - it's just an inferior system to a billion other labeled stamps like Tim Holtz, Inkadinkado, etc. We just didn't get this right.
My question has been:
So why dont they correct it. The products have been out there for years to do so. I find their products too much work that takes from the joy of the hobby. As nice as some designs are and the quality of many other products, for sanity sale, I had to just give up on them. .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2016, 11:33 AM   #12  

Quote:

Originally Posted by estampsView Post
My question has been:
So why dont they correct it. The products have been out there for years to do so. I find their products too much work that takes from the joy of the hobby. As nice as some designs are and the quality of many other products, for sanity sale, I had to just give up on them. .

That's a great question - I wish they would! But they work just fine without the stickers (to me an extra step anyway and I don't need them for alignment) so it's not like you can't use them. But yes, just using a printing process that doesn't make them not work would be awesome.

I use the stickers on the inside of the case for ease of putting them back in the right spot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2016, 09:10 PM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

Crafter4life can you please describe "clear vinyl on the inside just for the SU stamps. I leave it on all the time."

What kind of clear vinyl? Where did you buy it? Is there a brand name?

I purchased vinyl 'table cover' from a roll at Walmart and it only works part of the time, when I put it on an SU 'cling stamp.'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 04:14 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
That's a great question - I wish they would! But they work just fine without the stickers (to me an extra step anyway and I don't need them for alignment) so it's not like you can't use them. But yes, just using a printing process that doesn't make them not work would be awesome.

I use the stickers on the inside of the case for ease of putting them back in the right spot.
What a great hint. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 07:08 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Could someone tell me how to add a thumbnail pic to a reply. I would like to post a pic of the cling vinyl package.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 09:50 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

when you reply you will notice on the toolbar above the reply box is a # then another icon and finally a square with little mountain peaks and that is the IMAGE icon.

Just write your words then click on the mountain peaks box and it will let you insert your image.

Hope this helps...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2016, 05:16 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Cottage Bliss-

When I tried, only a bunch letters and symbols get inserted. What am I doing wrong?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 05:56 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

yes, after that string of letters and symbols, look toward the upper right area and click the INSERT button and your good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 10:18 AM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

I received an email with the link to this forum posting AND a link which I clicked on from the email. It shows a photo of a block with 2 squares inside it with an image that looks like decorative paper with acorns, colorful leaves and flowers. No words, if that's the package you are trying to show. THANKS for all your efforts. Does the package have a brand or description on it?
There is no link in your forum posting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 02:02 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

That was a trial run I did. Didn't know it would go into an email so fast as I edited the post immediately to what you see above your post.

That design is from PaperWhimsies....the first photo on my computer. Sorry aboout that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 02:50 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Cling vinyl packaging

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 02:51 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Cottage Bliss-

Thank you. I did it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2016, 06:30 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for this. I found on Amazon cheaper than Walmart! I need to try this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

SU red rubber stamps that do not come with wood, they come will the sticker to put on the top of the stamps. I am sure you know exactly what I am trying to describe. If I understand what you were saying, that you do not use the sticker on the stamp. What I would like to know is the glue SU uses on these stamps are so sticky and when I use it without the sticker, it nearly impossible to pull off a block or to pull off my Misti. What am I missing on your concept? Also, I did not understand what you meant about using the sticker inside the case? LOL..also, if you read all replies in this forum, what is the vinyl others are talking about and how this is useful? If I used that, I would have the same pulling the stamp off. I thank you ahead of time for your effort to reply and help me do this right. Judy Davis

Last edited by JudyOR; 02-05-2016 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: I meant for this to be sent to Understand Blue, some how I made a mistake.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudyORView Post
SU red rubber stamps that do not come with wood, they come will the sticker to put on the top of the stamps. I am sure you know exactly what I am trying to describe. If I understand what you were saying, that you do not use the sticker on the stamp. What I would like to know is the glue SU uses on these stamps are so sticky and when I use it without the sticker, it nearly impossible to pull off a block or to pull off my Misti. What am I missing on your concept? Also, I did not understand what you meant about using the sticker inside the case? LOL..also, if you read all replies in this forum, what is the vinyl others are talking about and how this is useful? If I used that, I would have the same pulling the stamp off. I thank you ahead of time for your effort to reply and help me do this right. Judy Davis
Judy - it sounds like you are talking about the SU red rubber stamps that come with the wood mounts, but you are not putting them on the blocks. The adhesive on those babies IS really strong - it's meant to hold the stamp to the wood block and be permanent. The stickers that come with those are meant to go on the other side of the wood block for indexing and aren't made of cling material. You'll know you have that type of SU stamp if the cushion is grey.

The red rubber cling stamps from SU have white cushion; it's a type of static cling cushion and will stick to acrylic blocks (or a MISTI) and peel back off easily. Those come with stickers that claim to be cling vinyl, but when you apply them to the back side of the stamp, the stamps have a tendency to fall off the acrylic blocks. The stamps stick MUCH better without the stickers on them. I haven't put them on any of my stamps.

The vinyl that the others here are talking about is cling vinyl - some people use it to turn their former wood-mounted stamps to cling mount by covering the sticky cushion with the cling vinyl. Some people also use it to cover the inside lid of their MISTI; the stamps will cling to it, but it keeps the ink off the lid of the MISTI. If you get a little ~exuberant~ with a permanent ink, you can clean it off the vinyl without getting the cleaner on the lid of the MISTI and possibly damaging the lid.
Reply With Quote Likes