Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 AM   #41
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have intricate Memory Box Dies and LOVE them... I stopped using my bug for them as the "presses" stretch out and then don't give an even pressure, so I only use my bug for embossing folders. I used my BS Express. Works like a champ and no shims. I do know that my LSS warned me about the fancy tree one I got last year as some people were having issues with just the right sandwich... LUCKILY/SURPISINGLY it worked first time through... I'm kind of a schlep rock!

Ellen Hutson is an AWESOME place to buy from!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #42
Compulsive Stamper

hi there

thanks so much for replying to me
I just turned 40 and got some money to treat myself, im wanting another
machine as I do love my cuttlebug, but need something that will do other dies and longer dies also. I must check out the machine you use and maybe give it a go too
Memorybox have some beeeautiful dies and my cuttlebug does cut the smaller ones, but the birdcage it wont so it's more intricate , also the window die and I love both these and want to use them, so I think it's time for another machine

thanks a million

Marlou
Old 09-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlou View Post
hi there

machine as I do love my cuttlebug, but need something that will do other dies and longer dies also. I must check out the machine you use and maybe give it a go too
Memorybox have some beeeautiful dies and my cuttlebug does cut the smaller ones, but the birdcage it wont so it's more intricate , also the window die and I love both these and want to use them, so I think it's time for another machine

thanks a million

Marlou
I have the original first released Big Shot Express... it DID have MAJOR issues, like stuff getting stuck... the motor fan is plastic and would be hot inside and maybe melted just a tad and stuck. I of course voided the warranty and opened the back to fix it myself. Sizzix was good about it and had I mailed it to them (their cost) they would have mailed me a replacement, but I was just too lazy!

I would buy another though if it were to go feet up on me!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #44
Compulsive Stamper

I just did some googling and it looks like you can't get the big shot express
I was told they replaced it with Vagabond machine.
I watched some videos on youtube and the ordinary Sizzix big shot got some great reviews.
Do you own any Papertrey dies? if so how do they work for you in the Sizzix?

Old 09-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #45

Quote:
I just did some googling and it looks like you can't get the big shot express
I was told they replaced it with Vagabond machine.
I watched some videos on youtube and the ordinary Sizzix big shot got some great reviews.
Do you own any Papertrey dies? if so how do they work for you in the Sizzix?

LOL! I own dies from a TON of companies, PTI dies, Cheery Lynn, MFT, Your Next Stamp, nesties, Impression Obsession... all work JUST fine in mine. I DO have a REALLY thin rubber shim that I use on my MFT Snowflakes though, they are tiny and pretty intricate... but like buttah!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #46
Splitcoast Platinum Partner Company

Default Metal plates and dies

Hi, We have the metal shims and Memory Box, Cheery Lynn, Joy! Craft dies etc. all at a discount. They are at the partner company of Scor-Pal, Magnolia-licious
Diana
Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #47
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridiculously Obsessed View Post
Oh, I am really interested in this too. I found a Memory Box tree that I have seen cards done with --only problem is I cannot find a place that has it. I am also wondering how they cut. I have a Cuttlebug. Thanks for asking this!
Here is the video that Dave, the Owner of Memory Box, did offering two options for cutting issues with some of the dies. The plate is by Memory Box and works like a charm with my Big Shot. He also suggests using packing tape on the back of the die in the areas where you have the problem and leave it there permanently so it will cut each time you run the die through the machine. Hope this helps.

How to Shim Intricate Memory Box Dies - YouTube
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Memory Box DOES sell the metal plates. They also have videos on their site so does Cheery Lynn dies on how best to cut the ones that are a bit trickier. Hope this helps ladies.
blessings.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #49
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to dottiejdavis

Thought I would jump in here as I am having one heck of a time with the Spellbinder fancy lattice even cutting at all. I ran it through all 3 of my machines and all with new plates so many times I have lost count. With the talk of using a metal plate may be the solution to these dies. Funny thing is I just got some very intricate dies from Memory Box and had no trouble at all. Only two swipes and they came out beautifully. So that makes me think that the intricate S. Dies are not deep enough or something, to cut well. Never had any of these problems with any other die I bought except this one. So, for those who thought buying a new machine would do the trick....I don't believe so. I have the Cuttlebug, the old purple Wizard and a Grand Caliber and none will cut this die. So now is the time for me to search out a metal plate for my Cuttlebug...which is my favorite for the small stuff. That and maybe a call to the manufacturer.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #50
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via AIM to dottiejdavis

I have to add a cool thing here ...actually to my comment above. I wrote to Oozak and told them of my dilemna and they shipped me out a new die without even getting the old one returned yet. I got it today! So thrilled with such great service, too. I did also get in the mail the metal Cuttlebug plate that did make all the difference in the world. Still had to run it through a couple 3 times but sooo much better. I do think Spellbinders needs to make those dies a little deeper so we all wouldn't have such fits with them. Other companies dies like Memory Box cut the first swipe and they are very intricate. All in all, I think I would still buy the S dies but maybe not so many as other brands of the more intricate dies. The lattice die is really nice when it cuts well. So, I guess it really depends how badly you want the dies and how fit your biceps are to keep cranking on your cutting machine!
Old 12-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #51
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
hi there

thanks a million

Marlou
Wanna get an awesome new die cutting machine? Check out the new eBosser! Check out Joans Gardens. She carries it for less than MSRP I think and has great customer service. It looks amazing! And no annoying tabs like the vagabond. I hate that platform thing.