Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO The Perfect Manual Die Cutter...please HELP!

First: yes, I have a problem. I have eight manual die cutters and three electronic die cutters. And though I have been eyeing the Black Cat Cutters, I've resisted...barely My issue now is the Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities which I can't use in any of my current machines. I only want to buy one more manual machine, so I need it to be truly universal.

THE QUESTION: Has anyone used Nestabilites in the Accucut GrandeMARK (or comparable machine)? Or does anyone know if this can be done and how?

It seems as though the GrandeMARK would be my perfect universal machine, if I could use Nestabilities (and other wafer thin dies) in it. The Texure & Emboss Kit that Accucut offers makes me hopeful. I know that even the largest sized dies (11.5" cut dimensions) wouldn't be a problem. Also, the Adapter Plate (11 3/8 X 19 1/2) allows it to be used with the regular steel ruled dies I use in the Cuttlebug or the Big Kick.

Any thoughts?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #2  
skf
Glitter Queen

Ermm... would the Sizzix Big Shot Pro be amongst one of the eight manual die-cutters in your collection?

I don't have that, just the Big Shot. With the Big Shot, I am able to cut/emboss Spellbinders dies. However, we all know, the Big Shot has a 6" width. The BSP ups that to 12". I would imagine that the BSP would be able to handle the Spellbinders Grand dies, assuming that they are the same height as the usual Spellbinder nesties, just bigger in width.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

I din't even know they made 8 manual die cutters ! All I have is the simple little Cricut which I bought when it first came oout for $60. And despite how badly I want a Create version 2, I'll have to win the lottery first !

StampinOnThePrairie my poor little bare bones blog - but come say Hi !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought about getting the Big Shot Pro but after thinking about it I decided not to since I don't know how much I would use the Grands dies.

You can use the Nestie Grands in the BS Pro with the adapter pad. The Pro cutting pads and sandwiches look to be the same as the ones for the Big Shot... just larger.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2010, 04:58 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the replies! I hadn't seriously considered the Big Shot Pro for two reasons:

1) I don't think it can work with the wooden steel-ruled Ellison and Accucut dies I currently use in my Ellison XL and
2) I want a machine to use with my present and future dies, including the "Giant" dies Accucut offers (up to 14" X 17"). They have great dies for making not-so-mini-albums from chipboard...

The idea that the Big Shot Pro can work with Grand Nestabilities means I need to do a little more research.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes