Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Lightbulb I found a new paper tool.... in my bathroom!!!

Okay first of all, let me just say I really hope I am not going to find out that I am the last person on the planet to have discovered this!! So at the risk of totally embarrassing myself, here goes...

I have used glass nail files for a long time and was filing a nail yesterday when it hit me!!!!

I own an eCraft cutting machine and between it and regular paper trimmer I have a lot of cutting going on over here! Sometimes my edges come out a tiny bit rough either from dull blades or sometimes the paper just doesn't want to cut well. I was using my sanding block to fix it but it was cumbersome to me. I decided to try my glass nail file and OH MY GOODNESS!!!! It's awesome!! Even if you don't have any issues with your cut, this makes this edge so 'soft'. It's like what the TH paper distresser does for roughing up the paper, this makes them super smooth and soft. I now have a glass nail file assigned to my studio!!!

Well again, I hope I didn't embarrass myself or worse bore everyone with the long explanation!!
My Gallery / My Blog

Last edited by ShabbyJoDesigns; 08-08-2012 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: discovered grammatical error
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Cool! I was just contemplating getting a glass nail file (always used steel ones) and now maybe I can since it would have double duty.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

I never even thought about that. Thank you for sharing. I will have to pick up another file.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 08-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #4
Proud Fan Club Member

Hmmm...will have to try the glass file. I've been using a regular emery board file for those little jaggedy edges or my bone folder just to smooth out a slightly curled up edge. I'm going to get one today and try it! Thanks for the tip