Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #1  
SCS Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Hubby bought me a Xyron Personal cutting system

How thoughtful of my husband to go out and buy me this for my Birthday today. I was shocked, He said every time we pass one I pick up the box and drool (Although I never knew that I did that and shocked he was even paying attention)

Now that I have one... I hate to say it but DO I need it? Will it collect dust? I don't even know what the capabilities are! I'm not much of a scrapper and I realize it is die cut machine but.... I don't want to open the box in-case i want to bring it back. Is it worth keeping? Are the books that it comes with good? Or do you have to invest in more books?

Any information or advice or help you could supply would be greatly appreciated.

I love that he was so thoughtful and feel bad if I actually bring it back he will be crushed but....

HELP PLEASE....
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of these and I do use it . I will say I don't use the books that come with the machine much though. I bought the wedding book because it has a lovely font and also the embellishment book for the frames, tags and hinges. The only thing with using the alphabets is that the smallest size is still quite large for a card. The letters are nice for monograms etc on bags/boxes.
I also have a Big Shot and have a fav. alphabet which I use more.

If it came down to only having one of these machines I would chose the Big Shot first without a doubt because I love my embossing folders.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes