Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink How would you use suede fabric on a card?

I was in my scrapbooking store and they had individual 8-1/2 x 11 inch pieces of suede fabric for sale in beautiful fall and christmas colors. I could not resist buying them but after I got home could not really figure out how I was going to use them for my greeting cards. Any suggestions or photos you could refer me to would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Is it thick suede? If it's not too thick, you could die cut it and have lovely textured pieces - maybe leaf shapes to go with the fall colours? You might need the steel rule type dies rather than the wafer thin ones in any case. Otherwise, choose fairly simple shapes and cut by hand with sharp scissors - five point stars for western style cards, maybe? You could stamp directly onto it with an ink like Versacraft for a different kind of look - pick a darker shade of the suede colour and you'll get a kind of "branded" look, I reckon. I'll sleep on it and see if I can come up with other ideas!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 01:12 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

Ah, I've just thought, it might not be actual suede since you used the word "fabric". I think everything I just said would still apply but if it's a textile rather than a leather, it will most likely be easier to die cut and you might even find the thin dies (like Nesties) will go through providing it's a reasonably firm texture fabric, IYSWIM.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would great for purse cards or little purse treat containers. A few years ago I used camoflage suede cs to make a fishing vest card. I recently made strapless dress card that uses a scallop nestie or punch to make the top and bottom of the dress. Black suede cs would make a nice 'little black dress'.
Reply With Quote Likes