Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:51 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - blank stamp pads

Hi, I need your help. I just purchased my favorite in-colors re-inkers hoping to make my own ink pads. I have done some research and found that comotion's ink pads are what some of you have used to make your own. I have been to the web site addicted to rubber stamps and I have called them but I do not think they carry them anymore.
Do any of you have another brand that you like or have made your own stamp pads with?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lori
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

This is what I bought. Very good service. I did my own cubes using in-color reinkers as well and it has been really easy.

http://www.welburngourdfarm.com/inde...ROD&ProdID=124
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I'd love to be able to make my own ink spots using reinkers! Does anyone know of another company that sells these cubes that ships outside the US?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 08:16 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

ranger makes sheets of blank ink pad either for pigment inks, or dyes. (make sure you buy the right one for what you want to do) the sheet is 8x10. i got some to make my own stampin spots as i only have 2 of the families. if you cut them into 1 inch squares (like a stampin spot) you would get 80 from a sheet. i'm going to ink them and store them in the tiny ziploc bags that you find in the jewelry section. i found bead storage caddies where each section is separately molded with it's own door. (no chance for leakage) i'm going to use spray sealer on some of my old wood stamp mounts and use velcro to adhere to stamp pads to that when i want to use them. hopefully that will cut down on the messiness.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by brightrachel1008View Post
ranger makes sheets of blank ink pad either for pigment inks, or dyes. (make sure you buy the right one for what you want to do) the sheet is 8x10. i got some to make my own stampin spots as i only have 2 of the families. if you cut them into 1 inch squares (like a stampin spot) you would get 80 from a sheet. i'm going to ink them and store them in the tiny ziploc bags that you find in the jewelry section. i found bead storage caddies where each section is separately molded with it's own door. (no chance for leakage) i'm going to use spray sealer on some of my old wood stamp mounts and use velcro to adhere to stamp pads to that when i want to use them. hopefully that will cut down on the messiness.

Wow! Great tip - thanks for sharing! Getting 80 squares from one sheet certainly sounds economical! The bead caddy, velcro, etc. - all very clever! Shouldn't be difficult at all to find the supplies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2008, 11:59 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Island ChickView Post
Wow! Great tip - thanks for sharing! Getting 80 squares from one sheet certainly sounds economical! The bead caddy, velcro, etc. - all very clever! Shouldn't be difficult at all to find the supplies!
you're welcome! forgot to add the ranger ink pad sheets are called "cut n dry" i got them for about 5 bucks a sheet on ebay, there are other retailers online though. i haven't seen it in stores.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 07:34 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Why not just buy the In color stamp pads? Seems like by the time you order something online, pay for shipping and deal with the hassle of making your own that you wouldn't be saving that much. Just my .02
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 10:58 AM   #8  
dal
Kookie Creator

Here is another gourd place that sells uninked cubes (for both craft & regular ink). I do not know if they ship out of the U.S. http://www.mardigourds.com/index.php...index&cPath=93
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefaniewilliamsView Post
Why not just buy the In color stamp pads? Seems like by the time you order something online, pay for shipping and deal with the hassle of making your own that you wouldn't be saving that much. Just my .02
i paid less than 2 dollars in shipping for 2 stamp pad sheets and a container of stickles. if i bought the stamp pads from su! i would still want the reinkers to refill, and also for doing techniques. i also prefer the small size of a stampin spot because i use it for sponging straight onto cardstock and various other techniques. for me there are many advantages to doing it this way.

also, i'm not just using it for the in colors but craft and dye formulas of all the families. i have 2 craft families, so that's 2 more craft families and whatever dye inks i want to do because i only have 1 whole family of full sized dye pads (which need to be refilled.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurickView Post
Hi, I need your help. I just purchased my favorite in-colors re-inkers hoping to make my own ink pads. I have done some research and found that comotion's ink pads are what some of you have used to make your own. I have been to the web site addicted to rubber stamps and I have called them but I do not think they carry them anymore.
Do any of you have another brand that you like or have made your own stamp pads with?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Lori
I LOVE the Commotion pads but they no longer make them :( I actually did alot of research awhile back and found the manufacturer of the pads but they indicated that they no longer made them. I actually love the SU! colors but really dislike the "newer" style pads. The "old" SU! pads are still my favorite and I have stuck with those and just re-ink them. I have the commotion pads and I have used the in-color reinkers to create the full size pads. To me it was not about the money but that I liked the "old" style pads alot better
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2008, 07:55 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

I was in a bulk buy about a year ago that was the uninked spots. I got 15 of the felt ones and I love them. I usually buy the reinkers anyway because I love to dye my own ribbon to match the SU cardstock. I used 3 of the spots for in colors and they work really good and hold the ink well.
Reply With Quote Likes