Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 09-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #881
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeans View Post
Neat info, Heidi. And I would *so* have something underneath mine that would make it unstable. : ) Is there a particular brand of poster tape that you like?

I recently got some rubber stamps that are so thin they make photopolymer seem thick. I'll have to see how they do on Tim's platform just taped.
I just have 3M poster tape that I got at Walmart. It is thin double side tape, not foam tape. It sticks the stamp on fine, but will peel off easily when you want it off. It's a lot cheaper than buying cling foam for all my unmounted stamps.

It will be interested if your thin rubber will work with the platform!

I design for Just for Fun Rubber stamps.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
TeeGeeDee likes this post.
Unread 09-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #882
Pearl-ExPert

I pre-ordered the Tim Holtz stamp positioner and just used it for the first time this week. I cannot get good stamped images with it. I tried moving the stamps around and still cannot get good images. I tried different paper, different ink, and still the images have missing words or parts of the stamps. So far I've only tried clear stamps; I then used the same stamps, same paper, same ink and my acrylic blocks and got perfect images time after time so it's not the ink, or paper or stamps but the stamp positioner. They also work perfectly in my MISTI. I will contact Tonic and hope they refund my money or send a replacement. Very disappointed!
buggainok likes this post.
Unread 09-13-2017, 08:46 PM   #883
Pearl-ExPert

Can someone give me a phone number for Tonic; the phone number listed on their website has too many digits: [844] 866-428752?
Unread 09-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #884
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeinSparks View Post
I pre-ordered the Tim Holtz stamp positioner and just used it for the first time this week. I cannot get good stamped images with it. I tried moving the stamps around and still cannot get good images. I tried different paper, different ink, and still the images have missing words or parts of the stamps. So far I've only tried clear stamps; I then used the same stamps, same paper, same ink and my acrylic blocks and got perfect images time after time so it's not the ink, or paper or stamps but the stamp positioner. They also work perfectly in my MISTI. I will contact Tonic and hope they refund my money or send a replacement. Very disappointed!

So sorry to hear that, Diane. Hope they make it right for you. I got mine in the initial frenzy from the shop in Scotland and paid a pretty penny, but it works well.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Unread 09-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #885
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Can someone give me a phone number for Tonic; the phone number listed on their website has too many digits: [844] 866-428752?
844-866-4287 You can also email them; they respond rather promptly.

And please excuse me for asking this question - I'm not implying you don't know what you're doing. It's just that we don't know what videos, if any, anyone has watched. Are you are using the correct side of the platform top for the specific type of stamp, and you're not putting many stamps on the platform at once?

My platform works well, though it's one from the UK, and I asked an LSS person if they'd had complaints and they had not. But certain batches have apparently had a flaw, and Tonic is working with people. They have excellent customer service.
maryalena likes this post.
Unread 09-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #886
Glitter Queen

Quote:
At least it's inexpensive! You can make one, but I got mine from SSS. If you buy one, just a heads up to be careful to put cleaner on the correct - slick - side. The more matte/rough side is printed, and if you use certain cleaners - like Ultra Clean - you can clean the lines right off of the grid. I did that on part of it, and SSS nicely sent me another. So I marked one side "back."

I use it tons. Water is usually sufficient for cleaning, but not for Versafine, which is a common go to.

Beth
I bought Collins Non Slip Vinyl Template sheets, they are more opaque, but work great and you can use either side and they clean up easily (the lines don't come off). I cut them down to fit my MISTI, mini MISTI, and my TH platform. I got mine at Amazon, but you could probably find them in any fabric shop. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CF936A...a-315229576511
bjeans likes this post.
Unread 09-14-2017, 08:32 AM   #887
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
I don't understand how these can be so different because my TH stamps so well. I was so pleased to find that mine stamps beautifully even next to the bumpers which has always been a problem with my two Mistis. Disappointing for sure. Hope you get a refund since it seems the Misti is the superior tool for you.
Unread 09-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #888
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingpurplecat View Post
I bought Collins Non Slip Vinyl Template sheets, they are more opaque, but work great and you can use either side and they clean up easily (the lines don't come off). I cut them down to fit my MISTI, mini MISTI, and my TH platform. I got mine at Amazon, but you could probably find them in any fabric shop. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CF936A...a-315229576511
How funny - I have those which I bought to make templates for stamping various shapes. I never cut them out to make the templates. I agree they're nice and sturdy.
Unread 09-14-2017, 08:53 PM   #889
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
844-866-4287 You can also email them; they respond rather promptly.

And please excuse me for asking this question - I'm not implying you don't know what you're doing. It's just that we don't know what videos, if any, anyone has watched. Are you are using the correct side of the platform top for the specific type of stamp, and you're not putting many stamps on the platform at once?

My platform works well, though it's one from the UK, and I asked an LSS person if they'd had complaints and they had not. But certain batches have apparently had a flaw, and Tonic is working with people. They have excellent customer service.
Yes, I'm using the correct side - clear - I only had 2 stamps on the positioner, one about 2 1/2 in x 2 in and the other just slightly larger. The first stamp had words missing in the middle of the stamp and the second had words missing in different areas of the stamp. Both of these stamped perfectly in the MISTI and on acrylic blocks.

I'll be calling Tonic tomorrow to see what can be done.
Unread 09-16-2017, 02:36 PM   #890
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdyheidi View Post
I am happy with my Tim Holtz positioner so far. I will probably need to use it with some graph paper under my cardstock to do some of the techniques I want to. Also, my son accidentally broke a magnet in half, but they are made of a very brittle material, so it is to be expected that they could break easily. I just use both halves.

I had though I had an issue with mine, but then I realized I had a small piece of foam tape underneath. So I would say that it needs to be on a flat and sturdy surface to work correctly.

I especially like using it with my unmounted rubber stamps (with no cling foam). I just use the clear side and adhere the stamps with poster tape. It is nice when using large stamps too because it is hard to handle clear blocks that are very large. It is a really nice size, not too big and not too small.
Thank you for the poster tape idea - just got some and really like it!
Unread 09-17-2017, 04:30 AM   #891
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Thank you for the poster tape idea - just got some and really like it!
So glad it works for you!

I design for Just for Fun Rubber stamps.
bjeans likes this post.