Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gina K Paper?

Those that use their paper, does it work well with Stamps of Life Framelit flipits? And whats highest weight paper that works best for those dies?

And which do all their paper work well with Copics?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2014, 01:47 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,855 Posts

I can help you with the Copic question, the Heavy Base Weight White will not bleed through; it is 120lb. The Ivory will bleed through. Melanie Muenchinger said that the Kraft does not bleed through either; this was in a recent video of hers. I use the Layering Base White all of the time with alcohol markers and it will bleed through. It works well with alcohol markers and I mount it on a card base.

With some dies and her heavy base weight cardstock, I run them through my Cuttlebug a couple of times to get a clean cut. I think it would be the same for TSOF framelit flip it dies. Some of the ones I cut are TSOF dies and if they are intricate, like the Hello die, I run it through a couple of times to get a clean cut and try to remember wax paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts

It works great with the flip its.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamvicsView Post
It works great with the flip its.
This with 120# weight, or are you talking about the 100 or 80#?

Thanks for all the feedback. I just got some 120# and 100# Gina K. But dont have any flipits dies yet.

Loveinpaper, so the 100 or 80# works well for copics and then can be added to the 120# base card? I am just getting stuff ready to start stamping and coloring with copics for cards. I would most likely add image to paper and then add it to a base card etc.

And for normal dies, does the 80# work better?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just did 4TH OF July cards With Red Velvet Gina K cardstock and used the flip it framelits die. I used a tip from you tube and used the whole 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 to write more and got great reviews. Everyone loved them. Used my Cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroncoFan60View Post
I just did 4TH OF July cards With Red Velvet Gina K cardstock and used the flip it framelits die. I used a tip from you tube and used the whole 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 to write more and got great reviews. Everyone loved them. Used my Cuttlebug.
Can you post link to video?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2014, 07:51 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure if I'm doing this right but this is the name of the video on you tube." Flip Card tutorial using Thinlits Card Dies from Stampin Up". She uses a BS but I did it with a CB. And got my flip its from Stamps of Life.:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,855 Posts

Here are some links for you: This one is by Melanie and she is using alcohol inks with Kraft paper from Gina K Designs: http://stamptv.ning.com/video/layering-stamped-frames

Here is one by Stephanie Bernard, where she is using the frame-lit flip-its: {Stamping Project} with Stephanie - How to Make a Gate Fold Card using a Sizzix Stand-up Die : The Stamps of Life - Videos

On the layering weight question with Alcohol inks, I will cut my image out either by hand or with a Spellbinders or Sizzix die and have no trouble. Actually I use the heavy weight cardstock this way as well.

If you are wanting to sample some of Gina's cardstock, she is recommending the Ang & Me set, which will give you a pretty good sample. Here is the link for the video where she talked about it: http://stamptv.ning.com/video/bestie-birthday-card

And here is the link for the paper pack set: Ang and Me Supplies Kit (Stamp set sold separately)

I love my Gina K paper. I use other paper as well, but this is the best that I have found, as it is very sturdy, comes in many colors and the shipping is great. I do use SU paper as well, more for layering. My sister is a demo, so I shop from her sometimes.
Reply With Quote Likes