In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #81
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
Lauriloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,884
Default

Very exciting!!! and may I say, I get so excited now when I have to cut paper!!! Love mine too!




Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
My 16" Genesis with guide bar arrived late yesterday. I heard the ups truck coming down the street at supper time and was standing on the porch waiting for the delivery person to get out of the truck. I think I scared him with my enthusiasm at his arrival! .

It was such a relief to discover how nicely it fit in the limited space I have dedicated for my cutting area. DH figured out how to enhance the usability by adding some slender custom cut boards for under the feet.

After that was accomplished I learned some of the intricacies of cutting with the Genesis. Firm but light touch...stroking the blade through the paper without "feathering off" at the ends (Bonnie mentioned this to me in a conversation, so I pretty much figured that I would do it and then wonder about the tapered cut afterward ) And the breathless excitement of cutting tiny wisps of paper that curled and piled up like nesting material. Ahhhh, just what I was imagining!

I will pass on some info about the product that was interesting to me, and may be to others. When I asked if there were any free shipping offers coming up, Bonnie said that is not something they do on any regular basis. However, she mentioned that if I was interested in purchasing a unit that had a small cosmetic blemish in the anodized finish, they would ship the unit free of charge. She explained that they have a limited number of units that come back from their anodizing manufacturer with small cosmetic blemishes in the finish (tiny flecks or dots...mine has a small whitish smear that looks like a finger print) . The blemishes are minor, they are perfectly smooth to the touch, and in no way affect the functioning of the trimmer. The cost of redoing the units is prohibitive and throwing them out is wasteful,since they paid for them to be made. Because they don't meet Bonnie's standard of perfection, these blemished models are not sold unless specifically requested by the customer. In exchange for taking a less than cosmetically perfect model, the customer gets free shipping. I think this is a unique and refreshing way to let the customer take the decision on whether to opt for "perfect" or free shipping. I decided that I would rather save $$ on shipping and be content with a Genesis that had a tiny funky fingerprint.

Enough chatter from me. Back to my stamp room to terrorize my paper supply!
Lauriloo is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #82
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,265
Default

Dang it! Just makes me want one more! - don't have a space for it.
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #83
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
Qbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 7,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
My 16" Genesis with guide bar arrived late yesterday. I heard the ups truck coming down the street at supper time and was standing on the porch waiting for the delivery person to get out of the truck. I think I scared him with my enthusiasm at his arrival! .

It was such a relief to discover how nicely it fit in the limited space I have dedicated for my cutting area. DH figured out how to enhance the usability by adding some slender custom cut boards for under the feet.

After that was accomplished I learned some of the intricacies of cutting with the Genesis. Firm but light touch...stroking the blade through the paper without "feathering off" at the ends (Bonnie mentioned this to me in a conversation, so I pretty much figured that I would do it and then wonder about the tapered cut afterward ) And the breathless excitement of cutting tiny wisps of paper that curled and piled up like nesting material. Ahhhh, just what I was imagining!

I will pass on some info about the product that was interesting to me, and may be to others. When I asked if there were any free shipping offers coming up, Bonnie said that is not something they do on any regular basis. However, she mentioned that if I was interested in purchasing a unit that had a small cosmetic blemish in the anodized finish, they would ship the unit free of charge. She explained that they have a limited number of units that come back from their anodizing manufacturer with small cosmetic blemishes in the finish (tiny flecks or dots...mine has a small whitish smear that looks like a finger print) . The blemishes are minor, they are perfectly smooth to the touch, and in no way affect the functioning of the trimmer. The cost of redoing the units is prohibitive and throwing them out is wasteful,since they paid for them to be made. Because they don't meet Bonnie's standard of perfection, these blemished models are not sold unless specifically requested by the customer. In exchange for taking a less than cosmetically perfect model, the customer gets free shipping. I think this is a unique and refreshing way to let the customer take the decision on whether to opt for "perfect" or free shipping. I decided that I would rather save $$ on shipping and be content with a Genesis that had a tiny funky fingerprint.

Enough chatter from me. Back to my stamp room to terrorize my paper supply!
YAY for you!! I'm glad your trimmer fits as expected!!
Qbee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #84
Gabfest Goddess
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 7,197
Default

Thanks, ladies, for sharing in my delight. It adds to the joy!

Any useful tips for me as a new Genesis user? I did locate a clear quilting ruler to use to hold down skinny strips of paper that I might want to trim.

I am in awe at the visibility of the cutting line with this machine. It truly is everything that all of you said it was!
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #85
Pearl-ExPert
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Glastonbury, CT
Posts: 2,185
Default

I don't have a Genesis (I'm still debating whether I want to replace my Dahle 550) or any useful tips, but I'd like to know if it has 1/8" markings. I'm also curious about what the shipping charges would have been – thanks for posting that information regarding the option you were given.

Enjoy your quality cutting time!
__________________
Come and visit me on Pinterest http://pinterest.com/logoct/pins/
Lola G. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #86
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 127
Default

I dream about this machine, is that wrong? If only I can figure out a place where the wee ones won't touch it. Thinking...thinking....
edie453 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #87
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9
Send a message via AIM to Kricutkrazy Send a message via Yahoo to Kricutkrazy Send a message via Skype™ to Kricutkrazy
Default

I've had my Genesis Trimmer (with light) for about 18 years. For the last several it has been in the garage because during one of our many moves (military) one of the feet came off and was lost. Well I just discovered the CutterPiillar thingy that looks just like the Genisis but appears smaller. So I asked Hubby for one for my birthday. He instead brought the Genesis from the garage after cleaning it up. Plugged it in, the light still works. Put a shim under the missing foot piece, and cut. Ok again, 5 years sitting in a dusty dank garage. Cuts like a hot knife thru butter!

I've known Bonnie for years (we used to be in a craft group called Pals many moons ago) and I just sent her an email asking if I could get a replacement foot.

For those on the fence about this cutter and the price - just think of all the replacement blades you have had to buy over the years, how many different cutters you have tried, how old our eyes are getting and how useful that light is. Best money you will spend in your craft room because it will out last you!

Hubby just asked if I wanted the other one for my birthday. No thanks, the Genesis is working just fine

Tangee
old crafter, new stamper.
Kricutkrazy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #88
Gabfest Goddess
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 7,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricutkrazy View Post
I've had my Genesis Trimmer (with light) for about 18 years. For the last several it has been in the garage because during one of our many moves (military) one of the feet came off and was lost. Well I just discovered the CutterPiillar thingy that looks just like the Genisis but appears smaller. So I asked Hubby for one for my birthday. He instead brought the Genesis from the garage after cleaning it up. Plugged it in, the light still works. Put a shim under the missing foot piece, and cut. Ok again, 5 years sitting in a dusty dank garage. Cuts like a hot knife thru butter!

I've known Bonnie for years (we used to be in a craft group called Pals many moons ago) and I just sent her an email asking if I could get a replacement foot.

For those on the fence about this cutter and the price - just think of all the replacement blades you have had to buy over the years, how many different cutters you have tried, how old our eyes are getting and how useful that light is. Best money you will spend in your craft room because it will out last you!

Hubby just asked if I wanted the other one for my birthday. No thanks, the Genesis is working just fine

Tangee
old crafter, new stamper.
You waited 5 YEARS before you decided to figure out how to replace the missing foot on your Genesis? ACK!!!! I see that you indicate that you are new to stamping, so I will "cut" you some slack. So glad you finally contacted Bonnie about the replacement feet. She gave me the option of having the taller feet that come with the model with the light or the shorter rubber feet that are on the one I bought. I thought it was nice of her to offer the other kind as an option when I mentioned I wanted more space underneath the unit.
So glad you have your Genesis back out of confinement and are enjoying it once again!
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #89
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
Qbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 7,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricutkrazy View Post
I've had my Genesis Trimmer (with light) for about 18 years. For the last several it has been in the garage because during one of our many moves (military) one of the feet came off and was lost. Well I just discovered the CutterPiillar thingy that looks just like the Genisis but appears smaller. So I asked Hubby for one for my birthday. He instead brought the Genesis from the garage after cleaning it up. Plugged it in, the light still works. Put a shim under the missing foot piece, and cut. Ok again, 5 years sitting in a dusty dank garage. Cuts like a hot knife thru butter!

I've known Bonnie for years (we used to be in a craft group called Pals many moons ago) and I just sent her an email asking if I could get a replacement foot.

For those on the fence about this cutter and the price - just think of all the replacement blades you have had to buy over the years, how many different cutters you have tried, how old our eyes are getting and how useful that light is. Best money you will spend in your craft room because it will out last you!

Hubby just asked if I wanted the other one for my birthday. No thanks, the Genesis is working just fine

Tangee
old crafter, new stamper.
I have also heard that these cutters last a long time so that they are passed down to the next generation. It's great that you fixed up your Genesis, because you still had the most important parts. Welcome to stamping!!
Qbee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #90
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
Qbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 7,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edie453 View Post
I dream about this machine, is that wrong? If only I can figure out a place where the wee ones won't touch it. Thinking...thinking....
It's important to keep those potentially harmful tools out of the hands of little ones. Do you have a closet that you could keep shut or locked? I started stamping when my son was little and I always talked to him about not touching my tools, because of the dangers. He listened to me and never got into my things, even though I never locked my craft room. Each child is different though. Good luck finding a solution.
Qbee is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #91
Gabfest Goddess
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 7,197
Default

I have been thinking about the issue of how to protect little fingers and other body parts from being tempted by a Genesis trimmer.

It seems to me that it would be a fairly simple thing to make canvas or ripstop nylon cover for the cutting wheel part of the trimmer, with a web belt material as a strap with d-rings at the ends. A padlock could then be slipped into the d-rings to secure the ends of the straps around the end of the bar. In effect, it would be a locking holster for the cutting wheel. Just a thought..

With a little ingenuity, I'm sure someone could come up with a viable, low tech solution to this issue of kiddie-proofing the Genesis.
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #92
Rubber Obsessor
 
QueenofTools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 173
Default Keeping little fingers safe

Actually, the Genesis Trimmer ships with a protective cardboard cover over the exposed part of the cutter wheel. If you keep that in place when you aren't using the trimmer, small children would not be able to cut themselves. (Older children could remove the chipboard cover, but by the time they were old enough to remove it, they could follow directions not to touch it!)

For those of you who didn't keep the cardboard cover, you can make one. Just cut a piece of chipboard about the size of two business cards and fold the wide portion in half. Punch a hole in the center of one half and put the handle through that hole, with the folded part around the cutter wheel. Put a strong rubber band around the folded chipboard and attach the same rubber band to the center foot of the trimmer, and the cutter wheel will be completely covered. (I'll work on these instructions to add measurements and make them more clear, but hopefully you get the idea!) You can give me a call and I'll be glad to help you over the phone!
QueenofTools is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #93
Gabfest Goddess
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 7,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofTools View Post
Actually, the Genesis Trimmer ships with a protective cardboard cover over the exposed part of the cutter wheel. If you keep that in place when you aren't using the trimmer, small children would not be able to cut themselves. (Older children could remove the chipboard cover, but by the time they were old enough to remove it, they could follow directions not to touch it!)

For those of you who didn't keep the cardboard cover, you can make one. Just cut a piece of chipboard about the size of two business cards and fold the wide portion in half. Punch a hole in the center of one half and put the handle through that hole, with the folded part around the cutter wheel. Put a strong rubber band around the folded chipboard and attach the same rubber band to the center foot of the trimmer, and the cutter wheel will be completely covered. (I'll work on these instructions to add measurements and make them more clear, but hopefully you get the idea!) You can give me a call and I'll be glad to help you over the phone!
Duh, why didn't I think of that! I kept this piece, along with the original box. You are absolutely correct that it covers the cutting mechanism perfectly and the rubberband holds it securely in place. At least I get points for predicting someone would appear with a solution. .
Thanks, Bonnie!
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #94
Gallery Gazer
 
24-7stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 6,694
Default

I have used my Genesis trimmer for about 29 years. I used it when I worked in the darkroom at work. It has cut zillions of cuts. We went digital and no longer have a darkroom so I brought it home. The blade is a little discolored but it still cuts perfect. The only thing I would trade it for would be a new Genesis with a light. May be they would take a trade in LOL.
24-7stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #95
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9
Send a message via AIM to Kricutkrazy Send a message via Yahoo to Kricutkrazy Send a message via Skype™ to Kricutkrazy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
You waited 5 YEARS before you decided to figure out how to replace the missing foot on your Genesis? ACK!!!! I see that you indicate that you are new to stamping, so I will "cut" you some slack. So glad you finally contacted Bonnie about the replacement feet. She gave me the option of having the taller feet that come with the model with the light or the shorter rubber feet that are on the one I bought. I thought it was nice of her to offer the other kind as an option when I mentioned I wanted more space underneath the unit.
So glad you have your Genesis back out of confinement and are enjoying it once again!
Yes I waited......more than five years. What can I say? I've been a little busy. Ahem......

Bonnie got in touch with me today - I love her. I need a foot AND a twisty thingy. I told her it was a mess and I got to clean it up - she told me to use Rubbing Alcohol. That would require me going upstairs in the linen closet and I'm MUCH too lazy to do that right now, so I'm gonna do it tomorrow. The light works still and the blade cut cardstock perfectly. It now has it's own spot on my huge desk (6x4) WOOT!
__________________
hugs and stuff!
Tangee
Come visit my Blog
Drop me a line
Kricutkrazy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #96
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9
Send a message via AIM to Kricutkrazy Send a message via Yahoo to Kricutkrazy Send a message via Skype™ to Kricutkrazy
Default

Well looky - there is Bonnie right there!!!!!
__________________
hugs and stuff!
Tangee
Come visit my Blog
Drop me a line
Kricutkrazy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #97
Gabfest Goddess
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 7,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricutkrazy View Post
Yes I waited......more than five years. What can I say? I've been a little busy. Ahem......

Bonnie got in touch with me today - I love her. I need a foot AND a twisty thingy. I told her it was a mess and I got to clean it up - she told me to use Rubbing Alcohol. That would require me going upstairs in the linen closet and I'm MUCH too lazy to do that right now, so I'm gonna do it tomorrow. The light works still and the blade cut cardstock perfectly. It now has it's own spot on my huge desk (6x4) WOOT!
Neato!
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #98
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1
Default

Hello, I wanted to thank you all for sharing all the helpful information and pictures about the Genesis trimmer! I'm hoping to order when they become available again.

I do have two questions about the 12" unit, if you don't mind, and I apologize in advance if I missed this info earlier in the thread! What is the footprint of the 12" trimmer? And what is the longest length of paper that will fit in the 12" unit? I have a guillotine-style cutter that is quite tight...about 12 1/4" or so. I wonder if this unit is just a bit roomier for sliding paper in.

Many thanks! Jannie
janniegirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:28 AM   #99
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 12
Default

All the wonderful reviews about the Genesis trimmer convinced me to get one. I've tried many others and they may work fine for awhile, but then need to be replaced for various reasons.
The problem now is getting a response from the company, Bonnie's Best Tools. I've emailed twice and left a voice mail message. So far, no response. If it's no longer available, I'd just like to know and start the search again. Anyone know if the Genesis 16" with edge light is still available?
stampophile is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #100
Rubber Obsessor
 
QueenofTools's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 173
Default This summer --

I'm sorry if I have not returned your phone call. We've had a death in our family, and I am behind on phone messages.

We will have more Genesis Trimmers finished and tested by the end of the summer. On our web site, we asked people to write a note if they wanted to be notified when trimmers were ready to ship again, and we will send a mass email to all of those who wrote to us as soon as we have completed production and testing.


Thanks for being patient!


Bonnie
QueenofTools is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #101
Glitter Queen
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofTools View Post
I'm sorry if I have not returned your phone call. We've had a death in our family, and I am behind on phone messages.

We will have more Genesis Trimmers finished and tested by the end of the summer. On our web site, we asked people to write a note if they wanted to be notified when trimmers were ready to ship again, and we will send a mass email to all of those who wrote to us as soon as we have completed production and testing.


Thanks for being patient!


Bonnie
Bonnie,
I am so sorry for your loss.
Thank you for your response. I will be more patient. Seems the Genesis is worth the wait.
Again, I am sorry for your loss,
Di
stampophile is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #102
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Joan B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 15,750
Default

I've tried many and the Genesis is worth the wait. Bonnie, I am sorry for your loss.
__________________
Dear Paperlicious Stamping and a serial novel, "How Stamping Destroyed My Life"
Joan B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:30 AM   #103
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joan B View Post
I've tried many and the Genesis is worth the wait. Bonnie, I am sorry for your loss.
have you gone back to a genesis?
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #104
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Joan B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 15,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
have you gone back to a genesis?
Yes, I got rid of my 16" when I moved. It was way way too big for my needs. And then I tried a fiskars pro decision trimmer and it was not good. Decided to spring for a 12" genesis and I am a happy paper cutter again.
__________________
Dear Paperlicious Stamping and a serial novel, "How Stamping Destroyed My Life"
Joan B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Qbee, ceramicat1 and RiverIsis like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:44 PM   #105
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 9
Default

Is this cutter still available? After comparing cutters this sounds like the one to get.
Cathy Seal is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:14 AM   #106
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walking the Moon, aMUSEd in funKY town
Posts: 22,265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy Seal View Post
Is this cutter still available? After comparing cutters this sounds like the one to get.
It doesn't look to be in stock ATM - their FB is very out of date. Could be worth emailing them. Contact info at the bottom of the home page -http://www.bonniesbest.com/
RiverIsis is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:59 AM   #107
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)
Posts: 725
Send a message via AIM to bdeyes9
Default

Worth Every penny!! LOVE this trimmer....Over 8 years old and have not replaced the blade, still cuts like the day I got it.
__________________
Organized People are just too lazy to hunt for things!!!
bdeyes9 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Qbee likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:30 AM   #108
Stazon Splitcoast
 
stampinCPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 11,925
Default

This message is on the website:
Because of record sales at our recent show,
Genesis Trimmers are temporarily out of stock
Email us if you'd like to be notified when they are available again.
bonnie (at) bonniesbest dot com
__________________
Debbi - SU Demonstrator
My SU Website
Visit me on Facebook
stampinCPA is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:31 PM   #109
Die Cut Diva
 
bluesh4rk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Jungles of SSP
Posts: 3,179
Default

That message is still on the site. I am hoping they will be making more. I emailed Bonnie to be added to the list for when they are available again. I've wanted one for a least 5 years when I started hearing about it on this site. I suppose I should have bought it when people were getting them right away! Keeping my fingers crossed that they will be available again.
__________________
Julia Gluten free on 9/15/2008. I am a Celiac. 1 in 133 Americans is a Celiac and 97% of those who have Celiac Disease are still undiagnosed. Are you one?
bluesh4rk is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:53 PM   #110
Gabfest Goddess
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 7,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesh4rk View Post
That message is still on the site. I am hoping they will be making more. I emailed Bonnie to be added to the list for when they are available again. I've wanted one for a least 5 years when I started hearing about it on this site. I suppose I should have bought it when people were getting them right away! Keeping my fingers crossed that they will be available again.
Hi, Julie! I started this thread nearly 3 years ago and I wanted to say "hi" and encourage you in your pursuit of a Genisis cutter. I purchased the 16" model (thinking that I really only needed the smaller size), and never looked back! There is NO other cutter like the Genisis, it is the Ferrari of paper cutters! It is elegant, accurate to a miniscule degree and totally effortless to use.

When I purchased this, I had no awareness as to how much time I had wasted in the past trying to even up cuts. With the Genisis I am able to get hyper-accurate cuts, first time, every time. I have come to take it for granted, and when I am forced to use a different cutter when we RV, I am quickly reminded how unpredictable the outcome can be.

It sounds totally crazy, but I have found myself pre-cutting as many projects as I can before we leave on an RV trip just to avoid the frustration and time & product wasted on miss-cuts with a different cutter. The Genisis IS superior to other models. There is none out there that even comes close.

That being said, it has it limitations. It is intended for moderately light weight papers/ card stock. It cuts 90% of product that I use, which includes cardstock by SU, PTI, Gina K, Bazzill, Cougar, Neenah, etc. it will not cut chip board, super heavy cover stock, or multiple layers of text weight paper beyond about 4 pieces at a time. Believe me, I have challenged the Genisis to go beyond where it was intended to go!!! Sometimes I can coax it through the task just buy going slow and steady. Other times, I've jammed it and caused it to flip up over the the cutting edge and be on the wrong side of the where it cuts!!!! Totally scary experience, but the beauty of the design is that the cutting gear/mechanism rolls on the cutting bar. When this super-scary, knock it to the wrong side thing happens, you are able to flip the cutting wheel "up and over" and it lands right back in the proper cutting position. Whew!!!!

My very favorite feature of the Genisis is that you can cut from top to bottom or bottom to top. I actually think of it as stroking. It is so smooth an effortless. And you can stroke off the tiniest wisp of paper....it creates the most delicate curl of wispy thin paper you have ever seen. It is a thing of beauty!

I don't know what size you are wanting to get, so will add some unsolicited advice. Go for the 16" model. It was the best advice I received and I am so glad that I followed it. I work mostly with 8 1/2 x 11 cs and less with 12 x 12. I also find myself using even larger paper pieces that are 12 x 18 that I find at JoAnns. The cuts on these oversize pieces are easy to make and accurate. There is NO way could do this on a cutter with a smaller bed.

As you can tell, I am totally in love with my Genisis! With 3 years experience under my belt, I can honestly say this is the most satisfying craft purchase I have ever made. I use it every day for something, either with card making or for just regular household stuff. It is so much easier to use the Genisis rather than scissors for just about anything that needs cutting (barring the heavy stuff).

I hope you are able to realize your dream of finally getting a Genesis cutter. I'm excited for you! Please keep us in loop on your Genisis-journey.
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
poppydarling likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off