Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Framelits Packaging - Repurposing Ideas?

Has anyone found a creative reuse for those plastic sleeve / envelope things the SU Framelits and Edgelits are packaged in? I store the dies themselves in clear stamp cases, but can't bring myself to discard the original packaging. They're a nice heavy weight plastic, and there must be something I can do with them!

Any ideas?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those sleeves hold embossing folders too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #3  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,717 Likes on 650 Posts

This is an old thread, but I am wondering how to repurpose those SU framelits hard plastic envelopes too. Once I put my framelits on magnetic sheets, I guess I can store them back into said envelopes, but right now I have them in a drawer that is only 6" deep, so I don't think it is going to work very well. They need to be in a deeper drawer (which I do not have), if I am going to store them in the envelopes. I don't want to throw them away in case there are some good ideas for using them for something else.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I use these heavy-weight plastic envelopes to hold small sets of clear stamps or individual cling stamps that I buy. I don't like the flimsy celophane packaging that is used on the majority of clear stamps and specialty cling stamps on rubber.

Here's how I do it. I buy the large page size of the hefty cling rubber stamp sheets that are sold to fit in 3 ring notebooks. The brand I buy is by Crafters Companion, but there may be other brands available. Anyway, I make a template from cardstock, sized to easily slip in and out of the plastic envelope. You might experiment on size, but for me I like at least 1/2" smaller than the envelope. After settling on the size, trace the shape onto the white cling rubber sheet - a large page will yield 2. Cut out the shapes, and place your stamps on them.
Note, when placing stamps on the cling page, avoid placing stamps near the edges. The plastic envelopes are narrower at the edges and bottom, so the stamps press against the inside of the envelope if they are too near these seams.
For easy identification, I stamp an index sheet to the back side of the cling page. It is easily viewed through the envelope.

I really like this system for the smaller stamps sets that I buy because it makes them easy to access and the stiff cling sheet holds the stamps securely.
I have several Taylored Expression tag word sets mounted this way and I have found that I use the sets more often than when they were in the original packaging.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2015, 09:59 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am hoping you can provide a link to the hefty cling stamp sheets,? so that I can see what I will be looking for. All I keep coming up with when I google this are the sheets to use for mounting the stamp on an acrylic block.

Thank you for your reply about this,
Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Received 372 Likes on 222 Posts

If you're talking about the plastic Sizzix envelopes, I would be happy to take them off your hands if you aren't using them. I store wood veneer, acetate pieces, unmounted stamps, and lots of other things in them. I would gladly pay for shipping. Please PM me if you'd like to give yours a new home.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2015, 11:10 AM   #7  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,927 Likes on 2,193 Posts

At first I put the dies in magnetic sheets and added them to stamp sets if I had matching stamp sets. If not, they went into separate clear mount cases. After a year I decided to put them on the magnetic sheets and back into the plastic sleeves! They are easier to store and find. Guess its good I didn't toss them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2015, 01:21 PM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
I am hoping you can provide a link to the hefty cling stamp sheets,? so that I can see what I will be looking for. All I keep coming up with when I google this are the sheets to use for mounting the stamp on an acrylic block.

Thank you for your reply about this,
Shirl
Here are the hefty cling sheet notebook pages that I use. They are available at many on-line stores, and maybe even at an LSS, if you are lucky enough to have one of those. They are called Stamp n Storage Sheets, by Crafters Companion, and they fit in a closed plastic binder.

Crafter's Companion Stamp N Stor Storage Panels 8 1/2" x 11" - 123Stitch.com

Hope this link works!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Susy. Yes, the link worked!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2015, 03:08 PM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member

I am organizing my dies with Stamp n Storage magnetic sheets. I just had an idea to use the envelopes the dies come in. 9I am in the process of making a card, but haven't finished it all yet.) So I put the pieces of the project in one of the envelopes for safe keeping until I get around to completing my card.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 938 Likes on 859 Posts

Boy you ladies are so lucky to have those sleeves. I can see using them for transporting various pieces for cards when doing a get together. I'm am very new to Stampin up items so I don't own any yet but would love to have some someday. Bet it will take me wuite a while to get enough for my pieces...LOL Oh well.
Reply With Quote Likes